Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Aug 13, 2009 10:18 AM

Jan 2009
That episode is really awesome because of Liang Qi!
That taxi driver... I wanna go in! XD
Aug 13, 2009 5:17 PM

Dec 2007
Nice ep again, i know lot of people likes her but Liang annoys me to death. her older sister is a lot more interesting.
Aug 13, 2009 7:36 PM

Jul 2009
Female, checked. Seems like Mr. Tea Lover's hypothesis about the ratio of GODDESS Liang Qi's female haters is higher than her legion of fangirls is true, and hence it now evolve to a theory !!! Mr. Tea Lover, here's a Nobel Prize for your research, where are you ?

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Aug 14, 2009 3:31 AM

Jan 2008
What, there are people who like Liang Qi? Rofl.
Fabienne said:
maybe next time Liang Qi gets a headshot XD
I was expecting that to happen but meh.
Aug 14, 2009 3:59 AM

Apr 2008
aero said:

Previously I was surprised to see that there are people who don't.
Aug 14, 2009 4:54 AM

Oct 2008
i dont really liked how they hostage the conference
Aug 14, 2009 6:55 AM
Aug 2009
Best episode so far. I honestly didn't think the show would be this entertaining.

I'm so-so about Liang Qi. Her tornado kick gets 20/10 points, but I have an "eh" thing about loud bitches.

I also have an "ugh" thing about stupid girls who can't do crap but get in the way. So Maria's on the fence. But I'd LOVE to see Maria pull off some Blood + or Elfen Lied Nyu/Lucy shiz and beat the living hell out of Liang Qi. Either that, or just die, but I have no idea what the story would do without her since Canaan wouldn't have anyone to save. Poor Maria being a lame tool for plot advancement. :(

Last, Hakko = Love <33
Aug 14, 2009 8:32 AM
May 2008
First and foremost TAXI DRIVER IS THE BEST CHARACTER IN THE SERIES!!!

Also, apparently all of the leaders of the world speak Japanese fluently... and that's all.

This episode was not too bad... pretty average I guess. Maria however is starting to annoy me since she is constantly in trouble and thus reusing the same plot device.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Aug 14, 2009 9:19 AM

Jul 2009
aero said:
Fabienne said:

R-O-F-L, there are people who like Moe shit girl and the likes ? And maybe "somebody" on the good side get RAEP next time, who knows -3-

Aug 14, 2009 10:38 AM

Dec 2008
abrasicu said:
aero said:
Fabienne said:

R-O-F-L, there are people who like Moe shit girl and the likes ? And maybe "somebody" on the good side get RAEP next time, who knows -3-

hey it was just a bad joke from me no offense intended
And no I don't like Maria either ; )
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 14, 2009 10:54 AM

Apr 2009
NeloDeath said:

Also, apparently all of the leaders of the world speak Japanese fluently... and that's all.

It makes perfect sense for the President of the United States to speak Japanese in China.

Aug 14, 2009 10:56 AM

Jul 2009
Fabienne said:
abrasicu said:
aero said:
Fabienne said:

hey it was just a bad joke from me no offense intended
And no I don't like Maria either ; )

Yeah, I know, no worries, and my joke used to be rude due to my foul mouth's fault ( hence why Barmelin Swattis Nolne is just like my soulmate) so if my humor ticks you guys off, just ignore it, mKay' ?

Aug 14, 2009 2:35 PM

Dec 2007
Reyno said:
Best episode so far. I honestly didn't think the show would be this entertaining.

I'm so-so about Liang Qi. Her tornado kick gets 20/10 points, but I have an "eh" thing about loud bitches.

I also have an "ugh" thing about stupid girls who can't do crap but get in the way. So Maria's on the fence. But I'd LOVE to see Maria pull off some Blood + or Elfen Lied Nyu/Lucy shiz and beat the living hell out of Liang Qi. Either that, or just die, but I have no idea what the story would do without her since Canaan wouldn't have anyone to save. Poor Maria being a lame tool for plot advancement. :(

Last, Hakko = Love <33

I concur on the part about uselessly useless characters.

Too little Canaan in this episode. Liang Qi kinda irritates me with that irrational behavior; not something I can empathise with. Although that roundhouse kick was totally unexpected and insanely (literally) awesome.
Aug 14, 2009 6:55 PM

Jun 2009
Frostea said:
Liang Qi kinda irritates me with that irrational behavior; not something I can empathise with. Although that roundhouse kick was totally unexpected and insanely (literally) awesome.

Not at all. Liang is being completely rational when you look at her motivations. Just look at the progression of what happens: Liang taunts Maria, Maria says the name 'Canaan', enraged Liang floors Maria.

And it isn't just that Canaan is something of Liang Qi's self-created nemesis. Liang is excessively jealous of both her and Maria for their close relationship. How else would she react when she can't even get the slightest acknowledgement or briefest affection from her own sister?

Okay, yeah, Liang is a little crazed and blood-thirsty (which is partly why she is the best!), but that's a frenzy borne of her deep, deep jealousies.
Aug 14, 2009 7:03 PM

Oct 2007
"Love and Peace"... possible reference to Trigun??

either way, this episode was awesome!!!
Aug 14, 2009 7:27 PM

Jul 2009
Spookt said:
Frostea said:
Liang Qi kinda irritates me with that irrational behavior; not something I can empathise with. Although that roundhouse kick was totally unexpected and insanely (literally) awesome.

Not at all. Liang is being completely rational when you look at her motivations. Just look at the progression of what happens: Liang taunts Maria, Maria says the name 'Canaan', enraged Liang floors Maria.

And it isn't just that Canaan is something of Liang Qi's self-created nemesis. Liang is excessively jealous of both her and Maria for their close relationship. How else would she react when she can't even get the slightest acknowledgement or briefest affection from her own sister?

Okay, yeah, Liang is a little crazed and blood-thirsty (which is partly why she is the best!), but that's a frenzy borne of her deep, deep jealousies.

Heck yeah, if you were in her position, having your dear lover who was sweet with you but then turned cold because of some b*tch, wouldnt you RAGE when that b*tch's name is mentioned ? I bet not only a roundhose kick you would give her, but you will even make her eat some broccolis, werent you ?

Aug 14, 2009 11:41 PM
Aug 2009
Spookt said:
Frostea said:

Liang is unreasonable any way you look at it. I think it's like the basis of her character.

I'd probably like her more if she had long hair...
Aug 15, 2009 2:44 AM

Apr 2009
Things are really starting to heat up in this show, I'm really happy about it tbh.

The portrayal of the US President kind of made me smile. I wonder if there was an argument on whether he should be black because of obama? In the end though the quintessential "old white politician" that we all know and love won the day.

also, taxi driver ftw
Din-Aug 15, 2009 2:47 AM
Aug 17, 2009 9:23 AM

Oct 2008
Love and Peace..

The American president's stunning anti-terrorism speech..

What's up with Liang Qi's chibi announcement!?

An unbelievable TYPE-MOON scenario, I wonder how it will turn out..

Most impressive is that funny Shanghai taxi driver's attitude when Mino-san seems to be in a stressed out setting. High Tension!
Aug 17, 2009 2:47 PM

Jun 2008
Haha, that was fun.
Aug 18, 2009 5:31 PM
Jul 2009
Awesome episode, I'm loving this series :D
Aug 21, 2009 5:04 PM

Oct 2008
Brilliant, lot's of action!
Aug 24, 2009 5:30 PM

Dec 2007
American president said:
LOVE AND PEACEEEEEEE!!
Aug 26, 2009 5:30 AM

Mar 2009
Falatorx said:
Liang Qi is indeed the best character ever.

She's voiced by Rie Tanaka after all. That helps for sure.
Aug 26, 2009 7:49 PM

Feb 2008
ew why do you people like liang qi

alphard is better, even canaan is better.
Aug 29, 2009 12:05 AM

Dec 2007
This episode was more awesome than previous one, and Alphard looks awesome and dangerous. Liang Qi annoys me a bit, but I loved how she talks to Maria, though. Poor Maria, she was beaten up by her. Need more screentime for Canaan and Alphard.
Sep 1, 2009 12:58 AM

Aug 2009
DAMN~
Liang Qi is now one of my favorites in this show. xD

good episode btw. :]

"Perhaps the distant part of the sky always seems clearest, so that we will always strive to reach it."

chiquit

Sep 5, 2009 8:23 AM

Jan 2008
Things are definitely heating up in this episode with the Snakes' attack on the Counter-Terrorism Conference, which makes the episode very interesting and keeps the viewer in constant suspense and interest in what happens next.

We get to know that Alphard carried the name Canaan before, given to her by Siam, exactly like the current Canaan. That means jealousy may be one of the motives that Alphard hates Canaan and eventually killed Siam too, but that's just speculation.

The highlight of this episode is definitely Liang Qi and her mad & crazy side of personality that we get to know as she carries out the attack and later on Maria's torture.

Definitely enjoyable, even though not action-packed this time.

8+/10
Sep 8, 2009 4:48 AM

May 2008
I Lol'd at HOLY SHIT, and pilot voices were GAR. Good decision in hiring decent english speaking people.
Sep 11, 2009 10:36 PM
Jun 2008
-Earwen- said:
American president said:
LOVE AND PIECEEEEEEE!!

there, fix'd.
Sep 30, 2009 10:14 AM

Jun 2008
This episode was awesome simply because it showed the cab driver again.

Wow that Liang Qi is a complete jerk, she makes an excellent villain.
Oct 9, 2009 9:46 PM

Apr 2008
thats some kick .. sending a girl flying o_O

Oct 30, 2009 5:43 PM

Apr 2008
Damn IT ! I would kill that all f**** terrorist organisation with my bare hands !!!!!!!!!! :////////////// F*** THEM !!!! ==
Nov 28, 2009 1:26 PM

Sep 2009
Sugoi, sugoi!
I love this show!
Dec 19, 2009 1:42 PM

Dec 2008
Love and Peace? lmao
Dec 31, 2009 10:37 PM

Jan 2008
The epsiode formula for this series has been a bit too Maria does something stupid and gets caught then Canaan goes to save her. I like the show so far, but I just hope to get something more out of it.
May 22, 2010 12:58 AM

Sep 2009
the taxi driver is soo funny xD
and Liang Qi is awesome as well <3

Jun 21, 2010 11:56 PM
Feb 2008
L.Qi is delightfully crazy. Always vying for big sister's praise but of course she doesn't give a fuck. GET SOME while blowing crap up is very lolwut worthy. The killer mascot was pretty cute although just as bad as the lady she was based on.

The scene where Siam calls Alphard Canaan when she's a kid pretty much cements the jealous rival angle (if it wasn't obvious enough)

The mute girl is actually not mute! What a tweest! So the people who disspeared all became borners?

Don't know wtf was up with the POTUS. Thought he was infected or something with that schizo speech. Was amusing. Love and peace. Vash would be proud.

Nice to see Mr. Taxi back even if it was to let us know his favorite idol had a new single and not much else.

Maria is the figure head around this all. The show is named after Canaan but the show is so heavily focused around Maria it's kinda eh...I think her blissfully stupid damsel in distress friendship beats everything bad attitude brings down the show. I mean we have strange biohazards, super powered terrorists, multiple clandestine agents of multiple agencies, bad guys that are more interesting then the heroes and actual animation AND YET the script has to hone in on Maria and she just mucks it all up.

Still though so far I don't see why people say this show is shit. it's definitely in the 7.5 category right now.
Aug 10, 2010 4:46 PM

Sep 2008
Uh, wow... I can't stand Liang Qi. XDDD I was super happy to see that the taxi driver reappeared! And now I really want to know more about that Hakko's power... since she's obviously mute by choice, hm? Wonder what she's hiding. D:
May 16, 2011 5:14 AM

Feb 2011
That hot tempered sister complex Liang qi rocked this ep. <3
Dec 25, 2011 10:42 AM

Dec 2010
Would have been better without the political and pro-American bullshit. Hope it doesn't continue in the following episodes, 'cause it would really ruin a good series.
Seven years of power, the corporation claw
The rich control the government, the media, the law
To make some kind of difference
Then everyone must know:
Eradicate the fascists, revolution will grow...
Oct 18, 2012 8:13 AM

Apr 2012
That has got to be the worst speech ever made by a president... I lost count of how many times he said the words "terrorism" and "terrorists". Also, the fact that all of the foreign leaders spoke Japanese fluently was stupid; they should've been speaking their native languages with interpretors at the ready, or just settled for one common language (most likely English). This made the whole conference seem like a joke despite the dire situation.

ErwinJA said:
I sincerely hope the taxi driver busts through police roadblocks next ep. More of his awesomeness was the only thing this episode lacked. He needs more time to show off.

I also hope we get more of Alphard in society later. I'm not too fond of the regular outfit, but whenever she dresses up, she is HOT.

Word word word!
Dec 9, 2012 9:39 PM

Sep 2011
Epic ending!
Feb 6, 2013 12:11 PM

Aug 2010
I don't hate Maria but it was nice to see Liang Qi beat the shit out of Maria. Liang Qi was definitely the highlight of the episode.
May 25, 2013 7:04 PM
Jul 2012
Oh yeah! This episode is good!
That kick! Man I love it! Marie is annoying she deserves that.
Time limit is here and it is getting interesting. Next episode will be great.
Alphard is awesome. Can't wait to see the battle of them like the last time.
That get some woman is crazy and funny. She is cool.
4/5
LegendGoldDarkMay 25, 2013 7:10 PM
May 25, 2013 7:05 PM
Jul 2012
cladinpink said:
That has got to be the worst speech ever made by a president... I lost count of how many times he said the words "terrorism" and "terrorists". Also, the fact that all of the foreign leaders spoke Japanese fluently was stupid; they should've been speaking their native languages with interpretors at the ready, or just settled for one common language (most likely English). This made the whole conference seem like a joke despite the dire situation.

ErwinJA said:
I sincerely hope the taxi driver busts through police roadblocks next ep. More of his awesomeness was the only thing this episode lacked. He needs more time to show off.

I also hope we get more of Alphard in society later. I'm not too fond of the regular outfit, but whenever she dresses up, she is HOT.

Word word word!

Now starting to like him to this episode. Hope he will do some funny stuff in the next episode.
May 25, 2013 7:09 PM
Jul 2012
x0utmyheart said:
Liang Qi should have her own show.
Enough said.

;]

Lol!
Jun 9, 2013 9:56 PM

Jun 2012
Cool episode ^^

Wow, someone's pretty trigger-happy.

Jun 21, 2013 2:21 PM

May 2012
Oh boy the plot sure is thickening now! Some awesome development, so lets see what happens next!
Nov 3, 2013 4:37 PM

Nov 2011
That is some terrible security for all the world leaders being in the same room. LOL

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » CANAAN Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Samu-tan - Sep 26, 2009

258 by SD86 »»
Oct 17, 2023 2:03 PM

Poll: » CANAAN Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HawthorneKitty - Sep 19, 2009

129 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 9, 2023 11:36 AM

Poll: » CANAAN Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ShanaFlame - Sep 12, 2009

160 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 9, 2023 10:47 AM

Poll: » CANAAN Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HawthorneKitty - Sep 5, 2009

142 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 9, 2023 9:56 AM

Poll: » CANAAN Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

HawthorneKitty - Aug 29, 2009

91 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 9, 2023 8:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.