Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 8, 2009 3:59 PM

Jun 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That Sugimoto is really ungrateful bitch.
Dec 5, 2010 1:50 PM

Apr 2010
kie_ said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That Sugimoto is really ungrateful bitch.
Yes, she really fucking is. I mean, seriously, how jealous could you possibly get? >:(

Dec 15, 2010 4:00 PM

May 2010
So what happened to the guy that was with them...?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Dec 29, 2010 6:31 AM

Jun 2010
OMG ! It's the cute rat that turned me into a furry gay ! XD LOL
Rakshun is back !! I was so surprised when I heard the cute voice.
lol She asked to bath together and Rakshun is so shy. XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 9, 2011 8:59 AM

Apr 2009
The return of the heart-melting mouse! Yes!
But what's with the preview? 'Yoko reaches out a hand. She embraces a furry fellow.' Wtf? XD
Confucius said:
So what happened to the guy that was with them...?

Also wondering. But, seeing as they Never Found The Body, he's going to reappear later, I bet.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Feb 23, 2011 7:35 AM

Aug 2010
I cant believe that guy is the King! :o

And seriously Yuka, face the reality already.
Jun 4, 2011 4:19 AM

Aug 2009
So many different terms in this series. Starting to get the hang of it, kinda, but man... xD

Aug 4, 2011 8:54 PM

Sep 2008
The King of En is... interesting. :D I like how we have some modestly dressed figures of "royalty" in this series, haha. (Saying that in reference to the King of En and Youko, a queen.) Very neat twist, too. I actually thought Youko was onto something when she was putting the idea out there that she was a youma, so I didn't expect that whole thing to flip around completely and end up with her being a queen.

So glad to see Rakushun again! Weeewt. But Yuka? Good lord. I thought she'd come to her senses in the last episode. That's obviously not the case. Sigh.
Apr 26, 2012 6:19 AM

Jan 2010
wow ~
Youko is from another world...good start :)
She is so beautiful ~
but she annoys me more and more.
MisaolaApr 26, 2012 6:35 AM
May 2, 2013 5:40 PM

Jul 2011
Finally! I'm starting to get hooked. That took a while.

I still don't understand how Yoko got so agile.
Aug 14, 2013 5:44 AM

Oct 2012
This episode x___x

You'd think that Yuka would've stopped working with the king after everything she saw and what the furry on the boat said. I was rooting for her to at least have a modicum of common sense and redeem herself but it doesn't look like it's going to happen anytime soon. Oh girl...

Ahh! This episode ended on a surprising note! Honestly, I wasn't anticipating all of the information we learned! This is becoming... interesting. Glad I stuck it out.
Jan 31, 2014 4:53 PM

Nov 2012
Misaola said:
wow ~
Youko is from another world...good start :)
She is so beautiful ~

i agree, when i saw that i was like DAMN she's gorgeous!

- so RAKASHUN IS BACK (awesome!)
- youko is a queen (saw that coming)
- sugimoto is still a crazy bitch (i thought she might come to her senses, but i was wrong yet again)
- and also we got some good background info on whats going on and why
Feb 22, 2014 1:05 AM

Jul 2008
Youko is a Queen, oh joy...and god damn it Yuka, someone punch her now!! And yes the rat attack is back!!!
Mar 25, 2014 9:40 AM

Aug 2013
All hail Queen Youko :D

Yuka's still an idiot...nothing new.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Aug 19, 2014 11:38 PM

Sep 2013
I hope the jealous bitch won't ruin this anime for me...
Dec 29, 2014 6:46 PM

Jan 2011
This show probably has one of the best character developments for a fantasy world setting. Yay for Youko and Rakushyun.

Also Yuka seriously needs to just chill or piss off.
Jan 8, 2015 9:07 AM

Jan 2012
Wintovisky said:

haha .agree this show will be better without that bitch
Ot great rat.so she is taika .Good character development in this ep

Feb 11, 2015 5:49 PM

Jul 2013
Ekvi said:
So many different terms in this series. Starting to get the hang of it, kinda, but man... xD
Tell me about it lol from the trees the plants,animals and people come from to the various names fro people like Keiki...wow just wow
AllenVonStein said:
Wintovisky said:

haha .agree this show will be better without that bitch
Ot great rat.so she is taika .Good character development in this ep

IKr? She should just get over her delusions already.At least Youko's character is changing for the better why can't she take a page out of Youko's book and follow in suite?
Apr 17, 2015 9:36 PM

Jun 2013
Just got even more interesting
Nov 8, 2015 2:15 PM

Dec 2013
Sugimoto is a real piece of work.

For those worrying about Asano. Don't. He's an anime original character who really isn't worth worrying about. Just treat him like he doesn't exist, since technically he doesn't (in the source material).
Matsuoka Yoshitsugu has hardly any range as a voice actor, and is grossly over-cast.

Yeah. I said it.
Sep 20, 2016 8:31 AM

Feb 2014
Rakushun is a true bro and a saint.
And can the chuuni bitch drop dead already?
Dec 21, 2016 8:00 PM
Oct 2014
Yay, rat's back.

I was worrying about Asano. Even if he's an inconsequential anime-only character, it's utterly bizarre that everyone (bar one brief mention in the previous episode) seems to have forgotten about him.

Sugimoto is still the puzzling thing about this series. I can't tell what the writer(s) is trying to do with her.
Dec 30, 2016 3:22 AM

Aug 2014
omgomgomg stuff is finally happening. Honestly, I started feeling like Sugimoto was getting better and then she went throguh another jealous fit .Jesus get out.
Xtina is my mother!
Mar 29, 2017 6:35 PM

Jan 2014
Yay! So glad to see Rakushun again!

Youko is a Queen! :D

Sugimoto.. just face the reality already. :/
Jun 15, 2017 10:42 PM

Oct 2012
Rakushun bro❤
Glad having you back!

She's pretty with red hair just like Yona from Akatsuki no Yona, I guess this is Akatsuki no Yona if it's being made in early 2000-ish

Well we all know she's somekind of important person
Should have expected that

Sugimoto is still a bitch
Jealousy all over her
"Signature removed"
Sep 26, 2019 5:10 AM

May 2015
Wow Sugimoto really has some mental problems.

Rakshun is back.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Sep 29, 2019 2:01 AM

Jul 2016
damn. this is so epic. when they bowed down to youko 😂😂 ooooooooo shiet!!
(also can i just say that i am beyond glad rakushun is ACTUALLY ALIVE? if he wasn't... i'll just leave it at that. if hE WASN'T-)

you are most definitely not the chosen one, you just got swept up in it but honestly all i want to do is kick you under the rug so you can stop being an evil wench of a plot device...
Feb 19, 2020 12:01 PM

Jan 2015
- I knew the rat would be back knowing who the voice actor was.

- When Yuka was taking a bath, and I saw red I thought it was her period #girlthoughts

- As soon as they found out she was a princess the rat starting talking in some serious polite Japanese (thought it was cute)

- The King of En is hot and finally I have some eye candy.

Mar 1, 2020 8:54 PM

Mar 2016
Best boy Splinter is back!
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

May 9, 2020 10:23 AM

Jul 2009
Sugimoto is the jealous type...I hope she dies soon.
May 27, 2020 4:48 PM
Mar 2015
Did she invite the rat to...take a bath with her? She just met him again and now she wants to seduce it? Is she trying to fvck the rat? The author got some bestiality fetish? WTF??
Jun 29, 2020 1:48 AM

Jul 2016
Bruh-

Right after she was slightly redeemed and I was back to sorta liking Sugimoto again.
Oct 30, 2020 7:17 AM

Aug 2017
It's starting to get more interesting for me, but sometimes I'm kinda lost with all these terms they throw.

Rakushun is alive, thankfully...

And Sugimoto never learns, wonder if she will ever get out of her delusional chuuni phase.

Aug 16, 2021 2:50 PM

Nov 2016
Glad that Rakushin is still alive. There was also some serious info drop this episode. Explains why Youko is a red head.

Enjoy the worldbuilding quite a lot, in spite of me struggling with keeping track of all the names and terms.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 24, 2022 10:26 AM
Nov 2020
Yuka...it is impossible to like you. You only get worse. You just refuse to believe that she has a life to live and you need to find your own.
Dec 17, 2023 6:41 AM

Apr 2017
I'm so happy that Rakushun is back! He was such a positive character! And I'm so happy that there isn't a plot twist about him being secretly trash and deceptive. <3

Youko being the queen of a kingdom! That's probably why the king of Kei is after her. He's the true one that doesn't belong on the throne with his outdated ideals.

Yuka remains unlikable, but we've seen that in the last episode. She's brilliantly written, because while you can somewhat understand where she's coming from, she's ultimately unlikable. She's meant to prove that just because bad things have happened to you, that doesn't make you a good person. Instead of being content to live a good life in En (sp?), she keeps trying to find a grander purpose and being jealous of other people. Yuka is the warning that people who are jealous of you are destructive.
Dec 17, 2023 6:42 AM

Apr 2017
Reply to Nurularifin
Yuka...it is impossible to like you. You only get worse. You just refuse to believe that she has a life to live and you need to find your own.
@Nurularifin I think Yuka is meant to represent those jealous 'friends' that people have. The ones who try to sabotage you and bring destruction into your life. Yuka is actually the one who brings active destruction to the place, but she gaslights Youko into believing that Youko is the reason for the monsters. I don't think she's meant to be liked. I think she's meant as a warning, or a cautionary tale.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Juuni Kokuki Episode 5 Discussion

kie_ - Aug 8, 2009

37 by AzafuseKingTora »»
Apr 21, 11:25 PM

Poll: » Juuni Kokuki Episode 3 Discussion

Scribbly - Oct 14, 2008

41 by AzafuseKingTora »»
Apr 21, 7:49 PM

Poll: » Juuni Kokuki Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Scribbly - Sep 30, 2008

68 by AzafuseKingTora »»
Apr 20, 9:59 PM

Poll: » Juuni Kokuki Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Beatnik - Mar 7, 2008

50 by BarronRobinson »»
Apr 13, 2:35 AM

Poll: » Juuni Kokuki Episode 10 Discussion

kie_ - Aug 8, 2009

25 by BarronRobinson »»
Apr 11, 6:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.