Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Feb 20, 2014 6:54 PM

Jul 2012
The monkey scene broke me. I could not stop laughing.

The MOE at the end was to much for my frail heart to handle.

Great episode!!!
Feb 20, 2014 7:21 PM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
I was thinking that how this episode was less hnngggh than last episode but then I had a heart attack on that last line.

I liked Shichimiya's little reflection over her chuunibyou self, reminds me of the near end of the first season.
Feb 20, 2014 7:31 PM

May 2013
Rikka at the end of the episode was sooo cute. Loved the episode.
Feb 20, 2014 7:38 PM

Jul 2009
RIKKA SUKI

HNGHHHHH

damn that jealousy scene was questionable though. didnt like it one bit. what was that coin about again?
Feb 20, 2014 7:52 PM
May 2009
Faust91x said:

From what I got, what KyoAni tried to convey is that Satone was on a methaphorical crossroad. Either she grew out of her Chuunibyou in order to become Yuuta's lover or she remained on her state as an eternal child. Kind of like Peter Pan where in order to fully love Wendy, Peter has to grow out of his childish games.

In the end like Peter Pan, Sophia decided to stay a child forever and thus discard her affections. I argue that it wouldn't have worked even if she chose Yuuta over her Chuuni because Yuuta wasn't willing to grow up at that time so it would have only ended in disappointment.

What I don't like is that KyoAni is making it look as if loving life and creativity is the polar opposite of being in tune with reality and being a functional human being.

Sophia thus makes the question to Rikka, of whether she's willing to grow out of her Chuuni in order to be with Yuuta or be an eternal child like her. I'm betting with the way KyoAni is playing it safe, that Rikka will leave her Wicked Eye to Dekkomori and the stalker girl will become Deko's servant to continue the legacy.

And yet I disagree with this for one reason. What is the reason why Sophia is still Chunni now? If she stayed chunni because she couldn't handle her feeling towards Yuuta, then now she could become normal and it not be a problem. Yuuta has grown out of his Chunni phase so it would be pointless for sophia to continue.

Slicer22 said:
I really wish that Satone would end up with Yuuta but nope sadly he is stuck with Rikka and their relationship which is closer to father and daughter than a couple. Even at the end when she said she loved him it sounded like some kid saying it to their dad.

Really Rikka does not have an actual personality just Chuunibyou and occasionally just kicks up some half assed drama like todays episode which btw was not Yuuta's fault but everyone decided to blame him for whatever reason. Satone is Chuunibyou but she is also a proper character with an actually personality. Well anyway the reason i stuck with this second season is pretty much because of Satone and i guess Nibutani as well.

Completely false. The whole point of this anime, is the depth and complexity of Rika's character. The main conflict is her S1 Chunni and the fact that she's using as an escape because she can't handle the reality. The Drama was exposing the vulnurible part of her and helping her come to terms with it.

In season 2 Rika has come to terms with her issues, and I feel like she's a different character now. She is Chunni in part because she likes acting that way. She has fun doing it. I truely think in season 1 she wouldn't be able to fully tell the difference between her fanstasies or reality, or to understand it she would have to make it into something chunni. Now she is a more serious character, There are times when she acts like her old chunni self and other times when she is serious, or she would breifly become serious when she needed to. The main conflict in her comming to terms with her feelings for Yuuta. But I don't think that she needs to stop being chunni! She's just not mature enough to always express how she feels, and Yuuta seems ok with that.

Faust91x said:

I prefered S1 Rikka. It would be a huge troll move if in the end Yuuta chose Satone or even just broke up with Rikka. The fact he wondered if his feelings for Rikka may be misguided could hint at that if only KyoAni wasn't playing it safe...

If they broke up it would be a painful reminder that reality and growing up sometimes forces people to grow apart. If Rikka chose her Chuuni like Sophia and Yuuta decided to advance, there would be no option but to break up.

Not that I believe that will happen, but it would be interesting.

And yet I disagree, Rika tried to be normal once it went aweful. The whole point of the ending in season 1 was her resolving her issues, but at the same time it's ok to be herself. You don't need to stop acting chunni. Now perhaps Rika will have to find a better way to express that side of her, but that's different. The way the relationship is progressing now isn't really being hurt by her chunni, so I don't see a need to have a moment where she has to choose between being chunni or having Yuuta.

I think Satone is plotting something. I wonder what?
Feb 20, 2014 7:53 PM
Dec 2013
This episode was too cute. No kiss yet but the ending was still adorable.
Feb 20, 2014 8:06 PM

Jul 2012
That new weapon......
Those last few words......

Such an awesome episode~! > W<
That cute face of Rikka and the way she said "I love you" was just so cute! x3
Can't wait for next week! x3
Feb 20, 2014 8:24 PM

Jan 2011
Man that episode was amazing as per usual. Rikka at the end was sooooooo cute~~ "Yuuta, Suki" <3

Can't wait for next week! I hope rikka and satone become friends, I feel like that would be amazing
How many amazing anime are out there to be found?
Feb 20, 2014 8:40 PM
Jul 2018
That's part when Yuuta kicked the monkey and the monkey chasing scene were kind of nice.

I really like the flashback of Shichimiya and Yuuta.
Feb 20, 2014 8:40 PM

Sep 2013
what does the token mean again? i totally forgot if they've explained it :L
anyway pretty dece ep :-) i liked the monkey LOL that plan was great xD

took 'em over a year but i think they're a lot more comfortable around themselves now!
Feb 20, 2014 8:58 PM

Aug 2008
Rikka's getting cuter by the minute. °^°
Feb 20, 2014 9:24 PM

Aug 2013
Very cute episode. Is this the first time Rikka confessed? omg!

I kinda feel bad for Shichimiya, i mean she dropped her feelings for who she wanted to be. I wonder if they will come back to her or not.
My Candies:
Feb 20, 2014 9:31 PM

May 2013
"I love you." Man it feels like I was just confessed to with the way my heart melted.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Feb 20, 2014 9:31 PM

Jan 2014
-MgZ_ said:

What's with the speculation that Sophia made that website? I think her role is done now. Well, I don't really remember anything about the coin so maybe not. But I'm pretty sure the one who made that website is the girl who was STALKING them and appearing in the background these past episodes. It is obviously a new character that is yet to be introduced.

Yes, maybe is the stalker girl. But I'm sure it's somewhat related to Sophia in some way or another. I'm seeing all this website thing as some kind of plot. The stalker girl was always there as is Satone, and she's the troublemaker here.

ubergeneral said:

Totally agree.
Feb 20, 2014 9:40 PM

Oct 2010
Iolo said:
Very cute episode. Is this the first time Rikka confessed? omg!

I kinda feel bad for Shichimiya, i mean she dropped her feelings for who she wanted to be. I wonder if they will come back to her or not.
She confessed in episode 10 of the 1st season, it's when they officially became a couple.
Feb 20, 2014 9:45 PM

Nov 2011
That I love you at the end made the entire episode all worth while.
Feb 20, 2014 9:57 PM

Sep 2013
That DBZ reference :P

Monkey attack!

Meanwhile Dekomori "~Des" :3

"I love you" :D
Feb 20, 2014 10:02 PM

Oct 2013
Perhaps that token is something precious to Shichimiya? *o* Rikka was so adorable when she said "I love you" at the end.
Feb 20, 2014 10:07 PM

Jun 2013
I don't like Shichimiya... but I do like her... but I don't. Also...

OH GAWD RIKKA MY FUCKING HEART HNNNGGG
Feb 20, 2014 10:16 PM

Jul 2013
Oh damn, Rikka confesses, *Cheering and Clapping* :D.

Nice to see more of Yuta and Satone's past, with their Chuunibyou doubts about it.

Also curious on who put up the website, where Sanae is looking at...

Feb 20, 2014 10:19 PM

Apr 2012
bunny_lover said:
Am I the only one who think that this season is overrated on MAL as of right now?

no i agree it is overrated. This series has really lost its luster for me. Pretty much watching it just for the sake of finishing it.

Feb 20, 2014 10:33 PM

Aug 2013
ubergeneral said:

And yet I disagree with this for one reason. What is the reason why Sophia is still Chunni now? If she stayed chunni because she couldn't handle her feeling towards Yuuta, then now she could become normal and it not be a problem. Yuuta has grown out of his Chunni phase so it would be pointless for sophia to continue.

She decided to leave her feelings at the side in order to keep being a Chuuni. Maybe that's why she has been chasing Yuuta, maybe she thought she had a chance but found Rikka had already taken her place.

Kinda tragic if that's the case...

ubergeneral said:

Completely false. The whole point of this anime, is the depth and complexity of Rika's character. The main conflict is her S1 Chunni and the fact that she's using as an escape because she can't handle the reality. The Drama was exposing the vulnurible part of her and helping her come to terms with it.

In season 2 Rika has come to terms with her issues, and I feel like she's a different character now. She is Chunni in part because she likes acting that way. She has fun doing it. I truely think in season 1 she wouldn't be able to fully tell the difference between her fanstasies or reality, or to understand it she would have to make it into something chunni. Now she is a more serious character, There are times when she acts like her old chunni self and other times when she is serious, or she would breifly become serious when she needed to. The main conflict in her comming to terms with her feelings for Yuuta. But I don't think that she needs to stop being chunni! She's just not mature enough to always express how she feels, and Yuuta seems ok with that.

I just wish we knew a little more about Rikka's activities and thoughts beyond Chuuni games. We already had a thread to discuss what we knew of her and thus far we only know she likes playing Chuuni games, being with Yuuta and tending to a garden.

ubergeneral said:

And yet I disagree, Rika tried to be normal once it went aweful. The whole point of the ending in season 1 was her resolving her issues, but at the same time it's ok to be herself. You don't need to stop acting chunni. Now perhaps Rika will have to find a better way to express that side of her, but that's different. The way the relationship is progressing now isn't really being hurt by her chunni, so I don't see a need to have a moment where she has to choose between being chunni or having Yuuta.

Satone only gave her that to ponder, we aren't making it. Who knows if KyoAni really plans to follow with this or it will turn completely different.

According to some that have read the novels, Satone has a very different purpose in the novel but it hasn't been followed up in the anime.

What I wish is that she was capable of holding a rational conversation without resorting to Chuuni terms, Sophia has a bigger advancement on that as she has held several somewhat normal conversations with Yuuta. Maybe we'll get there.

And I believe Rikka could make an awesome LARPER XD
Feb 20, 2014 10:34 PM
Oct 2012
Seems like Shichimiya has mixed reactions from people. As of right now, I think she's a good character. She seems to have her head in the right place but who knows? Her last words could be advice or some kind of plan to break them up.

We still have 5 episodes to go (as far as we know) so we'll see how it goes from here.
Feb 20, 2014 10:48 PM

Nov 2012
Kind of disappointed on Rikka. Her jealousy was cute at first, but she is a bit too jealous. Shichimiya is a bit mischievous, but so far I don't really see her really trying to steal Yuta from Rikka. However, it does seem she might have some lingering feelings for Yuta. Also, I wonder what is on that paper Rikka has, I think it is the same one she took from Yuta's book at the beginning of this season. Since she is way too jealous of Shichimiya, it makes me think that paper is either a picture of Shichimiya and Yuta, or a letter, or something that may suggest Yuta might have liked Shichimiya back in the past.

That flashback of Shichimiya and Yuta made me like Shichimiya a little bit more. I actually thought the way she was getting over her chuunibyou thing while she was with Yuta was cuter and better than what is currently happening between Rikka and Yuta.
Feb 20, 2014 10:57 PM

Aug 2013
Shichimiya > Nibutani > Rikka

Shichimiya is kawaii too much, and still seem to be very mature
Rikka is already a very boring child
I would much prefer it if Shichimiya becomes the main
_____

Shichimiya é kawaii demais, e ainda parecer ser muito madura
já Rikka é uma criança muito chata
eu preferiria muito mais se Shichimiya se torna-se a principal
Feb 20, 2014 11:00 PM

Dec 2010
Pretty good episode! The drama part was a bit overdone, and I really wish they just could have had their date, but the ending made up for it!

I'm finally caught up on this series now, I don't know how I will be able to handle the wait!
Feb 20, 2014 11:12 PM

Mar 2013
And "new mori summer" is:
Feb 20, 2014 11:45 PM

Jan 2009
DejitaruDan said:

lol good find
Feb 20, 2014 11:50 PM

Dec 2013
The last line is truly Hhhhnnnnggggghhh!!!!-worthy.
I was having lunch and my sandwich fell apart on my lap T____T

I believe that Shichimiya had grown out of the Chuu-syndrome out of her love for Yuuta, but in order to stay with him she decided to carry on as normal and fake it. She's been chasing after him for a long time. I think in her mind there were only two options for her to have things work out with Yuuta, either stay Chuu and stick with him, or turn normal and leave him. I think that's why she's so confused with Rikka right now, since it seems to her that there was this third option that she had never thought possible (i.e. stay Chuu and still get together with him....). As someone mentioned before, this option probably wouldn't have been available before since Yuuta only turned normal a year or so ago.

I think in the end, Shichimiya will confess her feelings properly to Yuuta, who will then have to decide whether he wants a normal girl (Shichimiya), or to continue his relationship with Rikka in her current form. As things stand I do not believe that Rikka will turn normal just yet.

Oh and that scene where Shichimiya asked about Rikka's lovers contract with Yuuta, Rikka's "Yesh, budh whaddovit" was pure win!
L-RyoshiFeb 20, 2014 11:57 PM
HESTIAAPPROVES
Feb 21, 2014 12:27 AM

Aug 2012
Rikka's weapon upgraded. Yeah!
Even though Rikka is indeed adorable, I still find Shichimiya to be better. I wonder why.

Anyway, that last line caught me off guard.
"suki"... hhhnnnggghh~
DejitaruDan said:

I'm surprised you noticed that.
Feb 21, 2014 12:32 AM
Feb 2014
Quite interesting to find out Satone used to love Yuuta, but decided to stay chuunibyou. Satone will be plotting something for sure. That might be (spoiler)

DejitaruDan said:

Woah, that was something I didn't imagine... Why would she want to succeed Shinka!?
Feb 21, 2014 1:48 AM

Aug 2012
smartboyhw said:
Quite interesting to find out Satone used to love Yuuta, but decided to stay chuunibyou. Satone will be plotting something for sure. That might be (spoiler)

Feb 21, 2014 2:52 AM

Apr 2013
I fangirled so hard at the end <3
What are you looking here for
Feb 21, 2014 3:03 AM
Feb 2014
Nailed the ending

i was hoping that he was going to kick the monkey
so devo
I only read books i have already read
Feb 21, 2014 3:45 AM

Aug 2013
That ending was sooooo cute :D!
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Feb 21, 2014 4:12 AM

Jan 2011
I'm putting my money on Stalker-chan putting up the website.
Feb 21, 2014 4:38 AM
Jan 2013
way to mess up Yuuta and Rikka's lone time, Sophia.

If we Mexicans are gonna deal with a monkey like that, then it'll surly be turned into monkey meat.
Baddie007Feb 21, 2014 4:49 AM
Feb 21, 2014 4:46 AM

Jul 2012
I like Satone. Rikka...not so much.

The best part for me was the flashback between her and Yuuta.

I'm still trying to figure out Satone's role in the series and whether it'll be the same as what I've heard about in the LN. Though it doesn't seem to be going that way...

I'm a bit disappointed with the present relationship between her and Yuuta. Thought she'll have more obvious feelings for him.
Feb 21, 2014 4:49 AM

Feb 2014
I don't think Shichimiya got anything to do with the website, she didn't give any particular interest in mori summer and I think her role is to just be a rival to Rikka .
I guess I am with the team who thinks the website was created by Stalker-chan.

a new character? ... hmm, that's an interesting thought !
Need More DESUUUU~~~

My Anime List
Feb 21, 2014 5:11 AM

Mar 2013
Great episode!!!
I like every moment on it :)
Feb 21, 2014 5:42 AM

May 2010
OMG Rikka is getting more cuter and cuter
Feb 21, 2014 7:55 AM

Apr 2010
The new girl is annoying she always shows up at moments when you don't want to have her around still this time she didn't somewhat help with the relationship of Yuuta and Rikka, but she also interrupted it in the first place.
The ending of this episode was nice it's great to see some development between Riika and Yuuta and we really need more of that, it's one of the main things this season has been lacking so i am grateful to finally see it.

Question will they continue with development next week or will it be like the rest of this anime mainly focused in the second year syndrome.
Feb 21, 2014 8:14 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Suuuki~

There is no better birthday present than a brand new Schwartzchild
Feb 21, 2014 8:15 AM

Oct 2012
Aw... Dat ending
Yuuka x Rikka please!!

julyan04 said:

DejitaruDan said:

I'm surprised you noticed that.

Wow, you had a pair of eagle eyes xD
"Signature removed"
Feb 21, 2014 8:45 AM

Dec 2008
Rikka-chan so cute kawaiiii!!!! :D

Wieeeeeeee...
Feb 21, 2014 9:11 AM

Nov 2010
Ah Satone the partypooper, she had a nice backgroundstory about doubting her Chuu2byou
Not that much comedy this time instead this was a nice romance with Yuuta and Rikka
Feb 21, 2014 10:28 AM

Jul 2012
EphidelAMV said:
Oh my GOD... She said it...

I know, and the face precious
Feb 21, 2014 10:57 AM
Jul 2018
finally a proper episode about schichimya[oh however you type it].
lacked kumin though...
Feb 21, 2014 1:29 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
The Japanese macaque part was pretty funny, probably my favorite part of this episode. Not sure what's with all the Shichimiya dislike, I don't see anything particularly annoying about her (okay except her laugh...)? I mean she was Yuuta's best friend in junior high as well as the source of his chuunibyou phase, they have a past together but it's clear that Yuuta has never thought of her in a romantic way. Shichimiya also doesn't seem to be trying to destroy Yuuta and Rikka's relationship either, at least not atm. I actually like her a lot so far, she's as interesting as Rikka was to me the first season. For some reason, I don't particularly care for Rikka in this season, and also less about Yuuta as well. Like someone said, despite Shichimiya having chuunibyou, she also seems somewhat mature.
Feb 21, 2014 2:15 PM

Aug 2013
From the title, I expected a love triangle to begin, but it look like they killed it in the egg. Which I'm glad.

Now we know more about Satone. Finally, I was starting to think that she was a secondary character...

How to fail a date, start with your girlfriend, end up with a girl you have no feeling for xD

Dekomori wanting Nibutani so much :3

When she said I love you... Awwwwn, my heart melted <3
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2014

414 by Devonnius »»
Apr 5, 10:23 PM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2014

205 by Yubisoft »»
Apr 4, 3:17 AM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 22, 2014

278 by FarCritical »»
Mar 3, 9:14 AM

Poll: » Rikka or Shichimiya - who do you ship with Yuuta? ( 1 2 3 )

linchpin - Mar 18, 2014

102 by Kirino »»
Mar 2, 6:43 AM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

symbv - Jan 7, 2014

294 by Devonnius »»
Feb 28, 11:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.