Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 19, 2014 7:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's a monkey ;o

We learn more about Yuuta and his childhood friend Shichimiya with a little flashback. But seriously, I lol'd. I see that Rikka and Shichimiya's rivalry is starting to kick in. I think this is a good place to do it considering it's about half way into the show now. Rikka also got a little umbrella :p, her weapon upgraded.
Feb 19, 2014 7:57 AM

Nov 2007
Alone time destroyed by that girl who appeared this season. Happy but jealous time spent. Then the truth revealed. So that pink hair girl chose her chuunibyou over her feeling to him. So that photo that made chuunibyou girl shocked is about her? Her new umbrella "weapon" for her b-day gift!

Another "Mori Summer" appears?
tsubasaloverFeb 19, 2014 8:47 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 19, 2014 1:12 PM

Jun 2011
Someone wants to tell me what that coin Sophia gave Yuuta is? I don't remember seeing it. =/

It's interesting to see that Shichimiya once wanted to graduate from chuunibyou because of Yuuta, similar to Rikka. But she chose not to because she wanted to accompany the chuuni Yuuta.

As far as Mori Summer's website, I'm guessing that is the work of Sophia. I mean, it has to be one of the existing characters, right?!
Feb 19, 2014 5:40 PM

Sep 2013
I loved to see the final, when Yuuta gives the umbrella to Rika. It was so cute.

Shih said:
As far as Mori Summer's website, I'm guessing that is the work of Sophia. I mean, it has to be one of the existing characters, right?!

I`m guessing this too.
Feb 19, 2014 11:46 PM

Jan 2014
Shih said:

It has to be her. Her rivalry for Yuuta can't end so quickly. I think what she did this ep. is some trick in preparation for some plan or something. They have to develop more her character and what she's going to do. After all, the "continue" can't be there just for nothing.
Feb 20, 2014 1:46 AM

Jun 2011
If Mori-sama's website is Sophia doing... the next question would be

What kind of excuse will KyoAni make up. I mean, what is the reason that Sophia put up the website?

Sophia did look like a big fan of Mori Summer at the fast food restaurant, although Sophia had not used any quotes. Umm, so I'm going to go with this anyway: Sophia is a fan of Mori Summer. Found one of Dekomori's copy of the book while visiting their school. Thought that she would do a big favour for Mori Summer to put up the website again. Conclusion, she is just doing it for fun.

Please note that this is just speculation and as random as Nibutani running for student president. I will just slap myself when it is not even Sophia.
Feb 20, 2014 6:51 AM
Jun 2011
In my opinion, the one that made new "Mori Summer" webpage may be the stalker girl that appeared in ep 2 and 4.

And if you look at the scene which Dekomori ran away after had got a call from Rikka in Ep 2, the stalker girl's eyes still followed Dekomori.

May be she admire Dekomori and need to get attention from her so she created that webpage and put that letter in Dekomori's bag in Ep 4.

This is just my opinion though.
Feb 20, 2014 10:18 AM

Nov 2012
Lol @ Dekomori her voice even sounded different. She's way too obsessed with Mori Summer. I wonder who this fake is though, possible fight coming up? Also that stutter from Rikka, epic fail.
Feb 20, 2014 10:29 AM

Oct 2010
I don't really see why Nibutani and Kuzuha blamed Yuuta for everything, when Rikka was the one who suggested they find Satone's purse and to follow her. Yuuta actually remembered his promise to Rikka not to get closer to any other girls and was about to account for that, but nope, he just takes all the blame as usual. Crap like that annoys me, blame the MC because it's the easy thing to do.
Feb 20, 2014 10:30 AM

Jun 2013
That ending...that ENDING!!! Kawaiiiiiiiiiiiii :3
Feb 20, 2014 10:30 AM

Aug 2013
Was quite a weak episode tbh, the only bit that was great was when she said I love you at the end.

I also really can't stand Satone, she doesn't add anything to the show, the cast is just too strong bring in a new person. It just doesn't feel right at this point.
Feb 20, 2014 10:39 AM

Aug 2008
Wow, crappy drama sure starts early this season.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Feb 20, 2014 10:46 AM

Aug 2010
Dat "Yuuta, SU-KI" HHHHNNNNNNGGGGG >.< Rikka can really be tooo cute! My friggin heart <3

Sophia is really lovable too. Felt really bad for her when she was having doubts and fell for Yuuta in the flashback.

I wonder if the Mori Summer website is something that will get serious nxt?

The ep itself wasn't anything special though. The ending is what made it for me.
Barion-ZaraFeb 20, 2014 11:10 AM
Feb 20, 2014 10:49 AM

Oct 2012
Another 3/5 episode, nothing really interesting except the last two minutes, their relationship improves a bit.
The girls blaming Yuuta despite the fact Satone is the real culprit... I don't really like Satone's character after all.
The stalker maybe uploaded that website, but we'll have to wait to know more about it.
That end saved the series again (I was going to drop it).
I'm learning English so maybe I make mistakes :)
Feb 20, 2014 10:51 AM
Jan 2012
When she confessed my heart stopped temporarily omg
Feb 20, 2014 10:53 AM

Mar 2013
Not a bad episode, the ending is so adorable!!!
Feb 20, 2014 10:55 AM

Jul 2013
Pretty mediocre episode. Nothing special. Some slight relationship progression but no where near enough. Other than the Mori Summer website, the rest of the episode felt unneeded. Hopefully something serious will happen next week.
Feb 20, 2014 11:08 AM
Oct 2010
I guess it's a good thing Satone doesn't carry a hand mirror in her bag, like most girls do, or it would have ended in a glass shard mess.

Granted, it's easier to replace cosmetics than identity and credit cards, but there are better (and safer) ways to get the bag back...

In fact, any food, or anything shiny (like an aluminum pull tab) would do great in shifting the monkey's attention.

... But of course, that solution would not lead to them getting chased by said monkey and thus falling together.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Feb 20, 2014 11:10 AM

May 2010
the ending was cuteness overkill xD
little progress this episode but its was still very enjoyable to watch.

Sent with Mal Updater
Feb 20, 2014 11:33 AM
Jul 2013
Oh my GOD... She said it...
Feb 20, 2014 11:33 AM

Mar 2012
Boring episode, dat ending though c:
Feb 20, 2014 11:48 AM

Jan 2014
Yuuta's lines have no... "weight" in them anymore. Anything he says really doesn't matter that much, and it makes little impact on anything it seems. So far nothing really interesting has happened in this anime. I'm hoping for something more intense.. But I dont know what think anymore. I think they should go in the direction of the sophia x yuuta thing but it seems like that was partly resolved in this episode. Though if they went with it, it would cause some great drama.
"I am not a friend of justice. I am an enemy of evil." - Senjougahara Hitagi
"What we see is reality, what we remember is an illusion." - Cloud Strife
Feb 20, 2014 11:51 AM

Oct 2013
Am I the only one who found most of the episode lackluster, including the ending? It just felt so out of place to me. Even though we know she loves him, her saying it in public when she couldn't holds hands with him before is kind of over the top for her. Even personality wise.

Satone's character development from the flashbacks was nice. Aside from that this was an ok episode.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Feb 20, 2014 12:06 PM

Aug 2013
weak episode but this ending to fking kawaii
Feb 20, 2014 12:14 PM

Aug 2013
7thVoid said:
Am I the only one who found most of the episode lackluster, including the ending? It just felt so out of place to me. Even though we know she loves him, her saying it in public when she couldn't holds hands with him before is kind of over the top for her. Even personality wise.

Satone's character development from the flashbacks was nice. Aside from that this was an ok episode.

Heh I thought I would be the only one annoyed at this episode. Mainly to me the problem was that the plot was all over the place.

Its as if they wanted to put two separate episodes in one. We left last episode with Rikka and Yuuta going out on their first date as it is, and on what could have been Valentines from the calendar or something like that which would have been a huge opportunity to continue last episode's development.

Then we also have the Yuuta and Satone's backstory. The flashback and all that could have been left for when they returned from the school trip rather than having Satone "conveniently" being at the same place as them. No teacher or friend of hers was even shown to justify it.

As a matter of fact this is the first time I actually felt annoyed by her appearing as it was obvious what turn the plot would get with her and only derailed the Yuuta x Rikka plot already ongoing.

Then we also have Nibutani looking for dog statues, it was pointless use of screentime that could have been used to develop Rikka and Yuuta's relationship.

I'm betting stalker girl has a hand on the Mori Summer's page. As I said, I believe she will inherit the Chuuni, maybe go so far as to inherit the Tyrant's Eye given that Rikka might be graduating from Chuunibyou this season.

Satone and Rikka's conversation was cool, as was the Flash Formation XD. But it could have waited for another episode where they returned from the trip...

3/5 because it was rather bland when it had so much potential.
Feb 20, 2014 12:17 PM

Nov 2010
LOL'd at Yuuta/Dark Flame Master in the flashbacks with Sophia XDD
Feb 20, 2014 12:26 PM

Apr 2013
God I hate this pink girl.
The end was too cute for my kokoro. Uuugh ;w;
And I'm pretty curious about the Mori Summer wesbite.
Feb 20, 2014 12:34 PM

Jul 2013
Blaming Yuuta.. got a little annoying there
Got a couple of flashbacks too, that was nice.
Last 2-3 minutes were the best. cuteness overload for sure.
when she confessed at the end there, wow.
That Mori Summer website...hmm..
Feb 20, 2014 12:46 PM

Oct 2012
I really don't like how they explained Sophia's getting rid of her love to Yuuta. Not to mention that situation on the pier where Shichimiya being friendly and explaining everything to her.. that felt forced.
I mean, she loved him and THAT'S WHY she decided to not love him to sustain her powers? That's real bullshit. They way they told it she was faking her chuunibyou syndrome back then just to be with him. So either she isn't telling the truth or she was put there just as story device and catalyst of things between Yuuta and Rikka. Unfortunatelly I think it's the latter.

Some parts of the story (coin true meaning, photo in the book etc.), were intentionally obscured this time so we may get another pieces to the puzzle in the next episode. I really hope we do...
Feb 20, 2014 12:54 PM

Jun 2011
I really wish that Satone would end up with Yuuta but nope sadly he is stuck with Rikka and their relationship which is closer to father and daughter than a couple. Even at the end when she said she loved him it sounded like some kid saying it to their dad.

Really Rikka does not have an actual personality just Chuunibyou and occasionally just kicks up some half assed drama like todays episode which btw was not Yuuta's fault but everyone decided to blame him for whatever reason. Satone is Chuunibyou but she is also a proper character with an actually personality. Well anyway the reason i stuck with this second season is pretty much because of Satone and i guess Nibutani as well.
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Feb 20, 2014 1:00 PM

Aug 2013
For a second I wished that I was in Yuuta's place when Rikka said "I Love You" :D
Good episode
Feb 20, 2014 1:40 PM

Jun 2010
I didn't really get Sophia's I will never change thingy...

Dat ending tho :) She said it without even stuttering. Look at Yuuta's reaction lol.

What's with the speculation that Sophia made that website? I think her role is done now. Well, I don't really remember anything about the coin so maybe not. But I'm pretty sure the one who made that website is the girl who was STALKING them and appearing in the background these past episodes. It is obviously a new character that is yet to be introduced.
Feb 20, 2014 1:40 PM

Dec 2013
although i think that this ep wasn't the best, that ending tho!
she really said it.. seriously, my mind is just blown right now, they are such a cute couple, omg, i'm gonna die
Feb 20, 2014 1:56 PM
Jan 2013
SHE SAID IT!!!! SHE ACTUALLY SAID IT WOOHOOOO! But still i like Shichimiya too, i want a harem ending lol
Feb 20, 2014 2:16 PM

Nov 2012
Oh God, she said it!!! Suki!!
Feb 20, 2014 2:35 PM
Jul 2013
I hope there is more jealousy in the series.
Feb 20, 2014 2:39 PM

Aug 2013
Mich666 said:
I really don't like how they explained Sophia's getting rid of her love to Yuuta. Not to mention that situation on the pier where Shichimiya being friendly and explaining everything to her.. that felt forced.

From what I got, what KyoAni tried to convey is that Satone was on a methaphorical crossroad. Either she grew out of her Chuunibyou in order to become Yuuta's lover or she remained on her state as an eternal child. Kind of like Peter Pan where in order to fully love Wendy, Peter has to grow out of his childish games.

In the end like Peter Pan, Sophia decided to stay a child forever and thus discard her affections. I argue that it wouldn't have worked even if she chose Yuuta over her Chuuni because Yuuta wasn't willing to grow up at that time so it would have only ended in disappointment.

What I don't like is that KyoAni is making it look as if loving life and creativity is the polar opposite of being in tune with reality and being a functional human being.

Sophia thus makes the question to Rikka, of whether she's willing to grow out of her Chuuni in order to be with Yuuta or be an eternal child like her. I'm betting with the way KyoAni is playing it safe, that Rikka will leave her Wicked Eye to Dekkomori and the stalker girl will become Deko's servant to continue the legacy.

Slicer22 said:
I really wish that Satone would end up with Yuuta but nope sadly he is stuck with Rikka and their relationship which is closer to father and daughter than a couple. Even at the end when she said she loved him it sounded like some kid saying it to their dad.

Really Rikka does not have an actual personality just Chuunibyou and occasionally just kicks up some half assed drama like todays episode which btw was not Yuuta's fault but everyone decided to blame him for whatever reason. Satone is Chuunibyou but she is also a proper character with an actually personality. Well anyway the reason i stuck with this second season is pretty much because of Satone and i guess Nibutani as well.

I prefered S1 Rikka. It would be a huge troll move if in the end Yuuta chose Satone or even just broke up with Rikka. The fact he wondered if his feelings for Rikka may be misguided could hint at that if only KyoAni wasn't playing it safe...

If they broke up it would be a painful reminder that reality and growing up sometimes forces people to grow apart. If Rikka chose her Chuuni like Sophia and Yuuta decided to advance, there would be no option but to break up.

Not that I believe that will happen, but it would be interesting.
Feb 20, 2014 2:46 PM

Aug 2012
my raw reaction throughout the episod would be like this. :))))
Feb 20, 2014 3:23 PM

Dec 2011
Aw. That Rikka's "I love you" in the end. So adorable.

And, wow, there is another Mori Summer!!! Can't wait to know who this is. Assuming it might be a friend of Satone.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 20, 2014 3:36 PM

Nov 2012
Feb 20, 2014 3:49 PM

Oct 2012
Faust91x said:
From what I got, what KyoAni tried to convey is that Satone was on a methaphorical crossroad. Either she grew out of her Chuunibyou in order to become Yuuta's lover or she remained on her state as an eternal child. Kind of like Peter Pan where in order to fully love Wendy, Peter has to grow out of his childish games.

In the end like Peter Pan, Sophia decided to stay a child forever and thus discard her affections. I argue that it wouldn't have worked even if she chose Yuuta over her Chuuni because Yuuta wasn't willing to grow up at that time so it would have only ended in disappointment.

Actually, what I didn't like in that scene was the fact she just tossed her love to him away on a whim. The thing is, "to stop loving someone" that's easier said than done, it's never so easy. My bet is she is still loving him in and that's why she went back to see him again in the first place.
Feb 20, 2014 3:57 PM

Jun 2011
Mich666 said:
Faust91x said:

Actually, what I didn't like in that scene was the fact she just tossed her love to him away on a whim. The thing is, "to stop loving someone" that's easier said than done, it's never so easy. My bet is she is still loving him in and that's why she went back to see him again in the first place.

I do not think she ever tossed away her love for him either she only carried on with her Chuunibyou so she could stay with him when she started to love him their relationship was not the same since she could not act like she always did and that may well of put a strain on the friendship. She could of confessed her feelings for him then but with how far gone he was with his Chuunibyou i doubt that would of worked out and she probably thought that as well, in the end she did not want to ruin her friendship with him and wanted to stay with him like that, but of course she still had feelings for him.
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Feb 20, 2014 4:15 PM

Jan 2011
Oh shit!!!

That was actually another pretty story moving episode.

Rikka! That is what I'm talking about!!! My heart nearly went poof.
Feb 20, 2014 4:25 PM

Jan 2014
Mich666 said:
I mean, she loved him and THAT'S WHY she decided to not love him to sustain her powers? That's real bullshit. They way they told it she was faking her chuunibyou syndrome back then just to be with him. So either she isn't telling the truth or she was put there just as story device and catalyst of things between Yuuta and Rikka. Unfortunatelly I think it's the latter.

Some parts of the story (coin true meaning, photo in the book etc.), were intentionally obscured this time so we may get another pieces to the puzzle in the next episode. I really hope we do...

I agree. I don't like the fact of Satone getting worried about Rikka or tossing her love for Yuuta away. Why? Maybe because I know Satone's not like that.
I would accept those things if they were intended for some plan, Satone being still interested in Yuuta. I can't stand a so early closure to her love for him, and for the drama she is supposed to bring as a character this season (something portrayed in the opening and that would follow the plot of the light-novel), when the intentions for her as a character were obvious.
I just can hope this still has to develop, with the photo and the coin being some pieces of the puzzle.
Feb 20, 2014 4:42 PM

Apr 2012
The drama is too brief and not very satisfying. Thought the ending was cute as fuck :|

Feb 20, 2014 5:38 PM

Jun 2013
monkeys-the most dangerous purse snatchers who actually chase after you when they are caught red handed.
Feb 20, 2014 6:22 PM

Apr 2012
Am I the only one who think that this season is overrated on MAL as of right now?
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Feb 20, 2014 6:23 PM

Aug 2012
So much for last episode starting a run of good ones. The crappy drama made the ending feel meaningless.
Feb 20, 2014 6:46 PM

Jan 2013
The last word, I couldn't handle it.
The kiss scene should not happen in the last episode.
Feb 20, 2014 6:48 PM

May 2012
That ending.
NUUU MY EYES, MY EYES, IT'S BLEEDING!!! TOO. MUCH. MOE. SPLASHED. ACROSS. THE. SCREEN.

Overall, lame drama was lame. At least this show has it's cutesy animation going for it ....
Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2014

414 by Devonnius »»
Apr 5, 10:23 PM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2014

205 by Yubisoft »»
Apr 4, 3:17 AM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 22, 2014

278 by FarCritical »»
Mar 3, 9:14 AM

Poll: » Rikka or Shichimiya - who do you ship with Yuuta? ( 1 2 3 )

linchpin - Mar 18, 2014

102 by Kirino »»
Mar 2, 6:43 AM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

symbv - Jan 7, 2014

294 by Devonnius »»
Feb 28, 11:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.