Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 19, 2014 8:47 AM
Mar 2013
anyone who thinks breaking bad, game of thrones or any of that shit is good is mentally stunted
Feb 19, 2014 8:48 AM

Jan 2013
Ulquiorra1923 said:
Cupquake said:
Ulquiorra1923 said:
Cupquake said:
Ulquiorra1923 said:
Cupquake said:
Ulquiorra1923 said:
Cupquake said:
Chinese cartoons are for kids. I mean legit Chinese cartoons. Believe me, I've lived in China.

Example: http://youtu.be/CR7Xg8xtZlE

It's actually really fun to watch though.

That looks better than Game of Thrones or what's it name.
Seriously.

What the actual fuck, game of thrones is a legitimately good tv show. You have to watch it before saying its bad. I still like anime more, but game of thrones is great, I'd give it a 10/10 if it was an anime. You really should watch it, I'm serious...

I don't like anything else besides anime.
Too boring to see real people .

That's what you call being narrow minded. You can't say you don't like a tv show if you haven't seen the goddam thing...

I apologize if I offended you.
And on another note, maybe the show is good, but like I said I can't stand seeing nothing else besides anime.

You didn't offend me, but you can still read the books. And imagine the characters as anime characters

The only stuff I enjoy reading is manga.
Nothing else.
Of course and subtitles too.That's about everything

Pathetic and laughable.
Dubs>subs.
Breaking Bad>Anime
Comic books>manga
99% of Anime is Garbage
Feb 19, 2014 8:51 AM

Mar 2012
Why only American show?
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Feb 19, 2014 8:52 AM

Feb 2013
MajinSaga said:
Ulquiorra1923 said:
Cupquake said:
Ulquiorra1923 said:
Cupquake said:
Ulquiorra1923 said:
Cupquake said:
Ulquiorra1923 said:
Cupquake said:
Chinese cartoons are for kids. I mean legit Chinese cartoons. Believe me, I've lived in China.

Example: http://youtu.be/CR7Xg8xtZlE

It's actually really fun to watch though.

That looks better than Game of Thrones or what's it name.
Seriously.

What the actual fuck, game of thrones is a legitimately good tv show. You have to watch it before saying its bad. I still like anime more, but game of thrones is great, I'd give it a 10/10 if it was an anime. You really should watch it, I'm serious...

That's what you call being narrow minded. You can't say you don't like a tv show if you haven't seen the goddam thing...

I apologize if I offended you.
And on another note, maybe the show is good, but like I said I can't stand seeing nothing else besides anime.

You didn't offend me, but you can still read the books. And imagine the characters as anime characters

The only stuff I enjoy reading is manga.
Nothing else.
Of course and subtitles too.That's about everything

Pathetic and laughable.

That's exactly the same opinion I have about you.
Feb 19, 2014 8:53 AM

Apr 2013
NeoAnkara said:
Why only American show?

Because the earth revolves around America
Feb 19, 2014 8:53 AM

Mar 2012
Cupquake said:
NeoAnkara said:
Why only American show?

Sad for my little insignificance country.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Feb 19, 2014 8:57 AM

Jan 2014
Depends on what I'm in the mood for I suppose.
"Find the twinkle in your smile, chase it on til' morning."
Feb 19, 2014 8:57 AM

Feb 2013
NeoAnkara said:
Cupquake said:
NeoAnkara said:
Why only American show?

Still better than 'Murica.
Aliis si licet, tibi non licet.
Feb 19, 2014 8:58 AM
Nov 2013
NeoAnkara said:
Why only American show?

Dunno, Skins UK >
Feb 19, 2014 9:00 AM
Dec 2013
Anime destroys.
Feb 19, 2014 9:00 AM

Jan 2013
sherlock5545 said:
NeoAnkara said:
Cupquake said:
NeoAnkara said:
Why only American show?

A third world shit hole (indonesia) vs the US.

Hmmmm
Dubs>subs.
Breaking Bad>Anime
Comic books>manga
99% of Anime is Garbage
Feb 19, 2014 9:02 AM

Feb 2010
These threads are repetitive. OPs thought process in all these threads:

"I'm unable to watch past the crappy reality TV on TV when I get home from school so I use logic to conclude that all TV series are shit by default and I feel like getting a pat on the shoulder for that intensive throught process and where to better get that than in a forum full of weeaboos? MAL here I come!"

American Television is vastly superior when it comes to anything crime-related (Breaking Bad, The Wire, Oz, The Shield, probably more) and in terms of social commentary comedy (South Park, Boston Legal, Community etc...). It's also great in terms of sci-fi (Babylon 5, New Battlestar Galactica etc..).

In general it's superior in terms of running-time to all anime except the top 10 mainstream ones, at least once a series is somewhat popular and doesn't get cancelled during season 1 or 2. So for serious storytelling there's just more time to develop a long-lasting plot, compared to the average 13-26 episode series (additionally the episodes in anime are only half as long if not less). I see that as an advantage as well. If something is successful it will get more seasons immediately, and you guys all know that anime does not do that at all. If The Wire was anime it would have been a 12 episode series advertising a manga or something like that, and I wouldn't have gotten 5 full seasons of awesome.
I probably regret this post by now.
Feb 19, 2014 9:02 AM
Mar 2013
MajinSaga said:
sherlock5545 said:
NeoAnkara said:
Cupquake said:
NeoAnkara said:
Why only American show?

Hmmmm
The US is comparable to a 3rd world country
Feb 19, 2014 9:04 AM

Jan 2013
JD2411 said:
MajinSaga said:
sherlock5545 said:
NeoAnkara said:
Cupquake said:
NeoAnkara said:
Why only American show?

Hmmmm
The US is comparable to a 3rd world country

*After 20 years*
See kids, this is how World War 3 started
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Feb 19, 2014 9:05 AM

Feb 2010
Ulquiorra1923 said:

From a neutral perspective you're more pathetic though. MajinSaga at least watches anime so his baseless rants are still based on more than your pathetic opinion on everything non-anime. I kinda think you're trolling us most of the time, but then again there ARE sad weeaboos like that so what do I know.
Feb 19, 2014 9:08 AM

Jan 2013
Don't get me wrong. I still like anime (will not so much anymore), but it's constantly being held back due to catering to it's specific fan base. Production companies flat out refuse to take risks with their stories and pretty much end up being the same old cliche boring thing over and over again.
Dubs>subs.
Breaking Bad>Anime
Comic books>manga
99% of Anime is Garbage
Feb 19, 2014 9:10 AM

Feb 2013
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Ulquiorra1923 said:

From a neutral perspective you're more pathetic though. MajinSaga at least watches anime so his baseless rants are still based on more than your pathetic opinion on everything non-anime. I kinda think you're trolling us most of the time, but then again there ARE sad weeaboos like that so what do I know.

I never troll.
It's up to you to believe me or not.
Feb 19, 2014 9:16 AM

Aug 2012
I started watching anime when i watched them in my childhood on American Television....

TV have some very good shows, but TV is dying as a medium of entertainment as more people who want to watch whenever and wherever they want.(Internet streaming, pirating, download and put on mobile devices,etc)

And the fact of paying $90+ to get a package of channels where the majority is crap and I only watch a few channels with good shows.(Well my TV is free since verizon gave it free) People would rather pirate than pay unless it is cheap and have good shows(why Netflix is doing good).

American television and Hollywood movies seem to whitewash everything, its probably only me though. But i haven't seen an Asian lead, and been hearing movies based on books and stuff replaced with white only casts(mostly movies though not tv).

If I don't cherry pick shows, overall i enjoy anime more than TV.
But if i do, TV shows are more memorable to me since they have more variety in stories that interest me while anime been catering to certain fanbases and producing nothing new and different(no serious sci-fi unless it is mecha, no serious crime not detective conan, or it is is short lived since there are few long running multiple season anime).
Feb 19, 2014 9:19 AM

Mar 2012
If I have to choose between anime and TV series from my country then I will pick anime any day. TV series in my country even have more episode than Conan.

Seriously the cliche that TV series in my country use is very limited and get boring really fast.
Feb 19, 2014 9:19 AM

Feb 2010
MajinSaga said:
Don't get me wrong. I still like anime (will not so much anymore), but it's constantly being held back due to catering to it's specific fan base. Production companies flat out refuse to take risks with their stories and pretty much end up being the same old cliche boring thing over and over again.

All I can give you is saying that I agree less with people who relentlessly bash western TV series. But I don't agree with your assessments either. The quantity of anime has increased tremendously so the number of unoriginal, clichéd and repetitive anime has risen too, but the number of quality series has also, or at least not declined.

I think that people who complain a lot about how anime has changed for the worse, are missing certain styles and set them equal to quality or something. Because it's true that you won't find many modern anime that have a similar feel and atmosphere to them as a lot of the 80's and 90's OVAs for example. I love that style too, but if you break those series down to plot and characters they're mostly not that great to be honest and a bunch of series with a modern style have more interesting plots etc..
So sure, styles change and I miss them too, but when that fact is used to discredit the level of quality or maturity of all modern-ish anime in general, I'll get just as annoyed as when someone unreflectedly hates on Western TV.
Feb 19, 2014 9:26 AM

Jun 2008
MajinSaga said:
Ulquiorra1923 said:
MajinSaga said:
KyouMagichi said:
American Television makes me puke. The answer should be obvious for almost everybody.

The Sopranos, Breaking Bad, & The Wire shit over any anime ever made not named Cowboy Bebop. Stick to your chinese cartoons junior.

Your opinion only.

Nah, it's fact among critics and overall the general public.

The Wire has been compared to Shakespeare and Dostoevsky. The same can't be said about any anime tv series.

Some US TV series can be good but they are a painful experience that makes you want to stop bothering because most of them get cancelled. After the 10th series you liked gets cancelled you start feeling annoyed.
Especially. Sci-fi. Those never manage to actually finish anything.
Feb 19, 2014 9:28 AM

Jan 2013
Xenoi said:
I started watching anime when i watched them in my childhood on American Television....

TV have some very good shows, but TV is dying as a medium of entertainment as more people who want to watch whenever and wherever they want.(Internet streaming, pirating, download and put on mobile devices,etc)

And the fact of paying $90+ to get a package of channels where the majority is crap and I only watch a few channels with good shows.(Well my TV is free since verizon gave it free) People would rather pirate than pay unless it is cheap and have good shows(why Netflix is doing good).

American television and Hollywood movies seem to whitewash everything, its probably only me though. But i haven't seen an Asian lead, and been hearing movies based on books and stuff replaced with white only casts(mostly movies though not tv).

But if i do, TV shows are more memorable to me since they have more variety in stories that interest me while anime been catering to certain fanbases and producing nothing new and different(no serious sci-fi unless it is mecha, no serious crime not detective conan, or it is is short lived since there are few long running multiple season anime).

They can't draw, that's why. When they are cast as leads their box office numbers and ratings are abysmall compared to a white or black lead cast.
Dubs>subs.
Breaking Bad>Anime
Comic books>manga
99% of Anime is Garbage
Feb 19, 2014 9:31 AM

Dec 2012
Easily anime. Unless there is something like Breaking Bad each year, then anime/manga are better for me.
Feb 19, 2014 9:33 AM

Feb 2010
Monad said:
MajinSaga said:
Ulquiorra1923 said:
MajinSaga said:
KyouMagichi said:
American Television makes me puke. The answer should be obvious for almost everybody.

The Sopranos, Breaking Bad, & The Wire shit over any anime ever made not named Cowboy Bebop. Stick to your chinese cartoons junior.

Your opinion only.

The Wire has been compared to Shakespeare and Dostoevsky. The same can't be said about any anime tv series.

Some US TV series can be good but they are a painful experience that makes you want to stop bothering because most of them get cancelled. After the 10th series you liked gets cancelled you start feeling annoyed.

Well, I can see your point, but where is the difference to anime except anime are planned to stay unfinished (and only advertise the LN/manga/novel/multimedia project they are adapting) from the start in many cases, even if they are sucessful. Or it takes a decade for a remake to come out because the manga publishes very slowly.
In Western TV you have just as good/bad chances of your favorite series getting really long as you have for your favorite anime to get a lot of sequels. if you're cancelled unjustly after 10 episodes or if you only announce an incomplete run of 12 episodes doesn't really make a difference to me in the long run.
Feb 19, 2014 9:34 AM
Mar 2011
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
These threads are repetitive. OPs thought process in all these threads:

"I'm unable to watch past the crappy reality TV on TV when I get home from school so I use logic to conclude that all TV series are shit by default and I feel like getting a pat on the shoulder for that intensive throught process and where to better get that than in a forum full of weeaboos? MAL here I come!"

American Television is vastly superior when it comes to anything crime-related (Breaking Bad, The Wire, Oz, The Shield, probably more) and in terms of social commentary comedy (South Park, Boston Legal, Community etc...). It's also great in terms of sci-fi (Babylon 5, New Battlestar Galactica etc..).

In general it's superior in terms of running-time to all anime except the top 10 mainstream ones, at least once a series is somewhat popular and doesn't get cancelled during season 1 or 2. So for serious storytelling there's just more time to develop a long-lasting plot, compared to the average 13-26 episode series (additionally the episodes in anime are only half as long if not less). I see that as an advantage as well. If something is successful it will get more seasons immediately, and you guys all know that anime does not do that at all. If The Wire was anime it would have been a 12 episode series advertising a manga or something like that, and I wouldn't have gotten 5 full seasons of awesome.

the tiga drama franchise has been running for 50 years sentai for over 30 and ulrtra ofr 60 sp yes [ no us tv darma[ non spap opara as ran for 30 seasons and for the most part Tiga are 52 episodes long thar two us ty seasons lomg

54 x 52 is the amount of epiosdes on that fanchise

most of the Polpolar anime on Mal are late night anime that i think shod not get more seasons cuase thua damage the industy by making more niche

then there stuff like Mito Koumon ran for 26 seaons and almosyt 40 years [ thats not a franchose that one show no us drama runs that long

mmost us tv darma runs 5-8 seasons mostly with under 100 episodes really long ruuning japanese darams on TV run for a full year and thus maxes say 400 episodes esaerly just ike most of east aisa Japan does historical Drama better than the us [ not eu or baed on eu history based on there own history] why may you ask

cuase the fact that all three of the major east asain nations have a longer histoical record than tghe us
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Feb 19, 2014 9:36 AM

Jun 2013
pralan said:
With America you mean the continent or Murica?
I watch Anime because there are nothing good on tv

This.
I started watching anime because all tv shows are boring except Game of Thrones
Feb 19, 2014 9:41 AM

Feb 2013
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Monad said:
MajinSaga said:
Ulquiorra1923 said:
MajinSaga said:
KyouMagichi said:

Your opinion only.

Well, I can see your point, but where is the difference to anime except anime are planned to stay unfinished (and only advertise the LN/manga/novel/multimedia project they are adapting) from the start in many cases, even if they are sucessful. Or it takes a decade for a remake to come out because the manga publishes very slowly.
In Western TV you have just as good/bad chances of your favorite series getting really long as you have for your favorite anime to get a lot of sequels. if you're cancelled unjustly after 10 episodes or if you only announce an incomplete run of 12 episodes doesn't really make a difference to me in the long run.

There's another issue with TV series. Even with the greatest idea, there's always that time limit. Live action implies actors, which implies humans. Now, the longer the series, the more noticeable are the changes to the main characters. Sometimes it may be turned into a strength, but most of the time, this is the weakness of anything long-lasting when it comes to live action.

In addition to that, it's not always possible to have the same actors. They have lives and project themselves, and being stuck with a single series is basically calling for a "no career" outside the game they've been playing all along.

Also, the way some people write implies that everything american TV comes up with is "gold". Which is utter bullshit. Just like any other sort of media, truly good works are always going to be less than the average ones.
Feb 19, 2014 9:42 AM

Feb 2010
Date, first of all I wasn't talking about Japanese TV Dramas at all. There are those super-long running TV series in every country, but they usually are just sucky soap operas in my experience and not what I'm talking about when I talk about good or decent TV series. Even America has stuff like Sesame Street or All My Children that have been running for over 40 years. That's not quality TV though, imo. I doubt it's much different in Japan. Being TOO long makes it very likely a series sucks, especially if it is not s-o-l but plot-orientated.

Anyway, my point regarding anime still stands, especially for anime nowadays. There are the ~10-15 long-running shows like Sazae-san or Doraemon, but the rest is just late-night shows with 12-26 episodes.
Feb 19, 2014 9:45 AM

Aug 2012
MajinSaga said:
Xenoi said:

They can't draw, that's why. When they are cast as leads their box office numbers and ratings are abysmall compared to a white or black lead cast.

As i said its probably only me, but i can't really connect to some shows, since i live in New York City and met many different people of different cultures, and i really hate the fact American TV and movies isn't really American(USA).

Well there is always Asian dramas,etc from other countries.

I don't think drawing is the problem, the older anime style of drawing is actually pretty good in the way as TV shows(3d), and that is actually harder for me to get that same sense of emotions with the newer modern anime style. But the ones who do it right are masterpieces
Feb 19, 2014 9:49 AM

Nov 2008
Isnt this an xx vs yy thread? All i can see is a war...

Well here's my shot. I like anime more because it hooks me back for more, like those plot twists at the end of each episode. Most TV shows are little self-contained stories.

There are exceptions to both cases, but the ratio is higher in anime favor.
Feb 19, 2014 9:51 AM

Jun 2008
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Monad said:
MajinSaga said:
Ulquiorra1923 said:
MajinSaga said:
KyouMagichi said:

Your opinion only.

Not the same. Actually most anime series get second and third season and end but it just takes years of patience. Also if a series gets dropped then you can just read the manga and be fine.
Another thing is that most times anime series have a sort of ending even if it leaves some things open.
When a US series gets dropped then that's it. You will never hear anything about it again and many times they just never show another episode despite being in the middle of great plot developments. Most of the times the channels don't even bother letting the creators have 5-6 episodes to tie things up and give even a half-ass ending. They just drop shit like dead weight.
It's completely frustrating.
Feb 19, 2014 9:52 AM

Feb 2010
@sherlock: Sure, real actors instead of animation has its pros and cons, but that's kinda obvious, isn't it? It's like saying anime has the 'problem' that it lacks realism compared to live action with real actors. Sure, actors don't wanna spend their whole life in one series, that's why there are different James Bonds or Dr. Who's. It's just a challenge to the writers and while it can be problematic in some cases, I wouldn't call it a flaw of the medium unless we call everything that anime can't do a flaw too.
As for the actors changing their looks, I don't see that as much of an issue either. Make-up technology can handly most of that nowadays and even if not there's still only a small amount of suspension of disbelief needed for it to still work, which shouldn't be a problem for anime fans considering how much suspension of disbelief many anime series expect from their viewers.

I'd like to know which people are implying that everything on american Tv is 'gold'. Certainly not the people on MAL ^^. And obviously there's a lot of shit, I've dropped about as many TV series as I completed, if not more.
Feb 19, 2014 10:02 AM

Feb 2010
@Monad: I have to highly doubt that 'most anime series get second or third seasons'. Maybe 15 years ago, but not today. And waiting 5 years for a sequel is the same as not getting one at all, it's all about being excited about the show while you watch it and then being disappointed by incomplete endings even if they are extremely successful (take AoT as a recent and popular example).

Basically being adaptions has their upsides and downsides. If AoT was a successful series in america it would definitely have gotten more sequels sooner rather than later, but being an adaption it can't adapt what hasn't been written yet. On the other hand if adaptions get dropped you can always read the manga as you mentioned (though for me personally that isn't an argument, if I have to read the manga on my screen it takes away 90% of the enjoyment that the anime gave me.).

It's not like I don't get your frustrations with sudden cancellations. I still hate them for ending My Name is Earl IN THE MIDDLE OF A TWO-PART EPISODE for gods sake. But as someone familiar with that frustration I can say it feels similar when I watch a 12 episode anime and start getting into it and at the point where I really start digging it it just ends. Which happens all the time. Only good thing is that a lot of anime are s-o-l or otherwise not relying on the plot to be the main drive, so it's often not that bad. Still, that's why I'll always prefer long-running shounen or sports anime over most other genres, they are long enough to actually fall in love with the show.

I think it's safe to say from a consumer's perspective both industries are heavily flawed.
Feb 19, 2014 10:08 AM

Jun 2008
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
@sherlock: Sure, real actors instead of animation has its pros and cons, but that's kinda obvious, isn't it? It's like saying anime has the 'problem' that it lacks realism compared to live action with real actors. Sure, actors don't wanna spend their whole life in one series, that's why there are different James Bonds or Dr. Who's. It's just a challenge to the writers and while it can be problematic in some cases, I wouldn't call it a flaw of the medium unless we call everything that anime can't do a flaw too.
As for the actors changing their looks, I don't see that as much of an issue either. Make-up technology can handly most of that nowadays and even if not there's still only a small amount of suspension of disbelief needed for it to still work, which shouldn't be a problem for anime fans considering how much suspension of disbelief many anime series expect from their viewers.

I'd like to know which people are implying that everything on american Tv is 'gold'. Certainly not the people on MAL ^^. And obviously there's a lot of shit, I've dropped about as many TV series as I completed, if not more.

I will say real actors offer some real flaws.
First the fact that the character seems to change based on the actor making the character is kind of a flaw. Second the biggest flaw of all is that they actually need money and lots of them the more they get recognized.

You hear many times that an American TV series episode(well not including stupid soap-opera stuff) may even cost millions while a whole season of an anime may cost less? Why is that?
Sure the expensive stuff Hollywood uses can put the price-up but the reality is half the cost and more goes to overpay this acting divas that the moment magazines start caring what girlfriend/boyfriend they have they think their contract should go sky-hi and get payed lottery winning salaries.

And a reason a TV series that has a lot more million people than any anime has willing to watch it and buy it gets cancelled is because the cost is so high than not even that big of a crowd is enough to excuse making it.
Well when one of the big reasons the series is so expensive in the first place is because of this overpayed people then yes actors become a problem.
Feb 19, 2014 10:10 AM

Feb 2013
@Higashi_no_Kaze, I completely agree on that. Well, the most problematic flaw of anime in general is its persistent reliance on adapting other media. As long long as animation studios will keep relying on manga, VNs, LNs and so on, most of the anime will have that annoying interruption at some point.

That's also the reason why original anime tend to be better when compared to adapted ones.
Feb 19, 2014 10:18 AM

Feb 2012
Ulquiorra1923 said:

How bout you get a fucking life and stop being a loser?
Feb 19, 2014 10:18 AM

Jun 2008
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
@Monad: I have to highly doubt that 'most anime series get second or third seasons'. Maybe 15 years ago, but not today. And waiting 5 years for a sequel is the same as not getting one at all, it's all about being excited about the show while you watch it and then being disappointed by incomplete endings even if they are extremely successful (take AoT as a recent and popular example).

Basically being adaptions has their upsides and downsides. If AoT was a successful series in america it would definitely have gotten more sequels sooner rather than later, but being an adaption it can't adapt what hasn't been written yet. On the other hand if adaptions get dropped you can always read the manga as you mentioned (though for me personally that isn't an argument, if I have to read the manga on my screen it takes away 90% of the enjoyment that the anime gave me.).

It's not like I don't get your frustrations with sudden cancellations. I still hate them for ending My Name is Earl IN THE MIDDLE OF A TWO-PART EPISODE for gods sake. But as someone familiar with that frustration I can say it feels similar when I watch a 12 episode anime and start getting into it and at the point where I really start digging it it just ends. Which happens all the time. Only good thing is that a lot of anime are s-o-l or otherwise not relying on the plot to be the main drive, so it's often not that bad. Still, that's why I'll always prefer long-running shounen or sports anime over most other genres, they are long enough to actually fall in love with the show.

I think it's safe to say from a consumer's perspective both industries are heavily flawed.

Well those are some of you issues and how you perceive time.
Personally i don't feel extremely missing when reading manga cause when i read i can just like picture it animated in my mind. And it's especially easy to do because manga have pictures, they ain't just a book.
Second i don't feel like is not worth it if it takes 5 years for the sequel. When the sequel comes up a still very excited about it.

For example i know very AoT is gonna get a sequel. Yes its probably gonna take about 2-3 years after the first ended but i am fine. I have tone of shit to do that those years will pass like nothing.
Feb 19, 2014 10:20 AM

Feb 2013
Amble said:
Ulquiorra1923 said:

How bout you get a fucking life and stop being a loser?

No thanks.
Feb 19, 2014 10:23 AM

Jun 2008
sherlock5545 said:
@Higashi_no_Kaze, I completely agree on that. Well, the most problematic flaw of anime in general is its persistent reliance on adapting other media. As long long as animation studios will keep relying on manga, VNs, LNs and so on, most of the anime will have that annoying interruption at some point.

That's also the reason why original anime tend to be better when compared to adapted ones.

Yes there is a point in why the hell to they always have to adapt stuff(you get the annoying manga spoil readers with those series too) but i believe the people able to do decent anime scripts with no source material are very limited.
Just see fillers. There are so many good ideas that you can use to make some awesome filler material when you need to make fillers but they always end-up making stupid shit. Is like without a manga or novel they can't do shit.
Feb 19, 2014 10:25 AM

Jun 2008
Anime of course.
Feb 19, 2014 10:30 AM

Feb 2013
@Monad, I don't think they lack of talented people. Otherwise, there would be no good manga either. The simple answer is that adapting another source means having the plot and the characters ready to work with. All they have to do is adapt them to match their animation. It's less work.
Feb 19, 2014 10:32 AM

Oct 2012
You're on an anime site.

What do you think almost everyone will respond with?
Feb 19, 2014 10:32 AM

Jan 2013
Chibi-Alice said:
Anime of course.

Why the fuck would ever watch anime when you live in Norway? I'd rather go out hiking, skiing, and chasing viking pussy all day instead.

MC-sama said:
You're on an anime site.

What do you think almost everyone will respond with?

Video games. Elder Scrolls>anime.
Dubs>subs.
Breaking Bad>Anime
Comic books>manga
99% of Anime is Garbage
Feb 19, 2014 10:39 AM

Jun 2012
Anime, obviously.
The only True Ending is the Harem Ending.
Feb 19, 2014 10:42 AM
Mar 2011
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Date, first of all I wasn't talking about Japanese TV Dramas at all. There are those super-long running TV series in every country, but they usually are just sucky soap operas in my experience and not what I'm talking about when I talk about good or decent TV series. Even America has stuff like Sesame Street or All My Children that have been running for over 40 years. That's not quality TV though, imo. I doubt it's much different in Japan. Being TOO long makes it very likely a series sucks, especially if it is not s-o-l but plot-orientated.

Anyway, my point regarding anime still stands, especially for anime nowadays. There are the ~10-15 long-running shows like Sazae-san or Doraemon, but the rest is just late-night shows with 12-26 episodes.

The Taiga Franchise historical drama [ if you not talking of Tv Drama why did you bring up Us tv Drama]

yes i stated my view on late night anime

and i never brought up Soap opera non of the big Tv Drama i bought up was one they all ran a 8-10 pm for the most part soap oparas here run in th 10 am -3 pm time slot here for the housewives and such
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Feb 19, 2014 10:53 AM
Sep 2013
It doesn't matter if it's anime or TV.
If a show is good, then it's good.
The end is nigh

Feb 19, 2014 11:02 AM

Apr 2010
Thread locked

This is an yy vs xx thread and the board rules state no yy vs xx threads and on that note thread locked.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hentai is the worst anime genre ever created. ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

64 by FZREMAKE »»
1 minute ago

» Is there an extension that helps you fully block someone?

APolygons2 - 2 hours ago

15 by DigiCat »»
1 minute ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

52 by WaffleMaster89 »»
1 minute ago

Poll: » has the majority of people (here) seen the big 3 ? ( 1 2 3 )

ame - Apr 16

146 by Old_School_Akira »»
19 minutes ago

» Hottest character from any of your Anime Favorites OR Character Favorites? (profile)

IpreferEcchi - Apr 16

22 by Jonas-K »»
21 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.