Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 17, 2015 5:37 PM
Jul 2018
Furiko. I've watched it at least ten times and it's never failed to tear me up.
Sep 2, 2016 7:46 PM

Aug 2015
Found quite a few great shorts scrolling through here. Here are my favorites:

Tsumiki no Ie. Seems to be pretty well known around here, thats cool.
Shashinkan barely doesn't fit the standards (16 minutes), but I still really like it.
Inaka Isha is great, especially for someone familiar with Franz Kafka's work.
Toshi wo Totta Wani. Reminded me of an old PBS childrens story. Wonderfully narrated (originally in english, strangely) fable.
Mudai. Nice music video exploring problems with being an artist
Kanojo to Kanojo no Neko was nice too. In fact, I wrote a WT! (Watch This!) for it over on reddit.
And more recently, Tonkatsu DJ Agetarou. A bit cliché at times, but it has a nice heart and a nice soundtrack.
purplepinapplesSep 2, 2016 7:55 PM
Jan 11, 2017 5:56 PM
Bean Queen

Nov 2009
Danna ga Nani wo Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken! Definitely! Once I got done with that series it went straight to my favorites! The second season, not so good, but the first! It's just so funny, and heartwarming, and REAL! It's perfect!
Jul 25, 2019 4:05 PM

Mar 2016
🌸 Iridi's Recommended Shorts List 🌸

Figured I'd list the shorts that I personally enjoy and think others should check out! Roughly organized by... genre? Sort of?
Anything clearly intended for children is marked with a seedling! 🌱

Arthouse & Experimental

• Aru Tabibito no Nikki - beautiful, surreal, and heavily focused on visuals rather than dialogue

• 663114 - cicadas and nuclear fallout

• Nekojiru Gekijou Jirujiru Original - violent, bizzare, black humor featuring "cute" cat siblings. Technically a comedy but I'd feel weird listing it as that when Nekojiru as a whole is... surreal? (highly recommend the 30-minute Nekojiru-sou film and the Nekojiru Udon manga too)

• Yukidoke - atmosphere horror about a boy's fears

Slice of Life & Drama

Comedy

• Aggressive Retsuko - cute lil workplace comedy from Sanrio (Hello Kitty company). Not as good as the full-blown Netflix series but still enjoyable.

• Inferno Cop - INFERNO COP! If you haven't heard of this yet, what is wrong with you!? Produced by the venerable Studio Trigger, follow a skeleton-cop-that's-on-fire, doing... stuff. His job? Picture book style animation.

• Uchuu Patrol Luluco - another Trigger masterpiece. Also contains Inferno Cop. Strap in for a bizarre space/school action adventure complete with vivid, colorful animation and an ending theme by Teddyloid (aka the ME!ME!ME! guy)

• Poputepipikku - you know, that webcomic that got big on 4chan or whatever. Either you love it or you hate it.

• 🌱 Gakkatsu! - kids comedy anime where characters debate a new topic every day

• Saiki Kusuo no Ψ-nan - psychic comedy!

• Zonmi-chan: Meat Pie of the Dead - goofy 3D short about a zombie :)

• 🌱 Hipira-kun - 3D vampire child has wacky adventures

• Anime de Wakaru Shinryounaika - medicine...?

• Anisava - furries...?

• 🌱 Bananya - bananas + cats. what more do you need

• 🌱 Mitchiri Neko - soothe your soul with even more cartoon cats

• Uchuu Senkan Tiramisù - Sci-fi adventures following nasty pilot boy Subaru Ichinose who is definitely in love (lust?) with the darn cockpit

• Mori no Andou - penguin's just gotta save the forest, man

• Kenka Banchou Otome: Girl Beats Boys - a (cross dressing) girl who has to fight her way to the top at a delinquent school

• 🌱 Nyanpire The Animation - cute vampire cat and cat friends

• Sekkou Boys - are you into idols? How about Renaissance statues? The answer to both better be yes.

Compilations
each episode is a different genre

• Ani*Kuri15 - a bunch of unrelated shorts celebrating some of Japan's top animators circa 2007. Some are better than others.

Absolute Garbage
shorts that are bad. real bad. some are so bad it's good, some are so bad it's just... painful. e n j o y

• Chainsaw Maid - TAKENA! If you enjoy shorts, Takena better be a household name to you. He makes horror claymations and they're always a treat. Whether or not his work is so-bad-it's-good or actually good is up to debate. This is one of his more "normal" movies.

• 🌱 Onyankopon - a fresh song every episode. 3D cats and stuff, looks like some cheap MMD motion sensor animation or whatever it's called. The animal designs are genuinely endearing but the show itself is pretty terrible.

• Pupa - Cannibalism! Incest! Ignore the haters, this is the best anime of our time.

• Tenshi no Drop - is this piss fetish?

• Nami - WARNING! NSFW I'm only listing this because I want other people to suffer.

• Utsu Musume Sayuri - see above, but with less nudity and more 3D animation.

iridiJul 26, 2019 12:35 PM

artist | doofus | joiner (but not finisher) of challenges
Feb 26, 2020 3:47 PM

Aug 2011
Ani ni Tsukeru Kusuri wa Nai! - I was so happy it got sequels, just because I would laugh at their logic again xD !
Jan 6, 2021 7:35 PM
Feb 2016
If anyone is looking for a silly, fun short I highly recommend Wacky TV Nanana. A ragtag team of banana’s are sent out to film a documentary that will save their failing TV network. Genuinely unique in style and gives off the vibe that the VA’s and animators really had fun with it.

Also, Episode 13 is an absolute gem. In my opinion, it is the greatest “mode season refresher” episode of all time.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Is there a way to filter by duration that I'm missing?

PxHC - May 15, 2022

4 by IridescentJaune »»
May 22, 2023 9:25 AM

» Tourism short anime

starshinesMonet - Jun 9, 2022

0 by starshinesMonet »»
Jun 9, 2022 9:04 PM

» Shorts Review

slenderfall - Aug 31, 2009

7 by haruneyuuki »»
Jan 14, 2021 10:28 PM

» Club Relations Suggestions ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

slenderfall - Jul 27, 2009

345 by removed-user »»
Aug 9, 2020 3:11 AM

» Where to find those elusive shorts ( 1 2 3 )

slenderfall - Oct 1, 2009

140 by lanblade »»
Nov 8, 2019 9:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.