MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 Episode 5 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 »» Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 Episode 5 Discussion

Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 Episode 5 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

133 74.30%
4 out of 5: Liked it

31 17.32%
3 out of 5: It was OK

13 7.26%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

1 0.56%
1 out of 5: Hated it

1 0.56%
Voters: 179

08-08-09, 7:44 AM

better episode than last week....

08-08-09, 8:27 AM

Furuichi is my personal hero! helping people even though he just lost his grandchildren

he made me tear up...almost cried

08-08-09, 8:48 AM

Nice and touching episode. Mirai is getting more likable as her attitude changes.

08-08-09, 9:39 AM

Hey, hey, where did little miss whiny-face go! Was she hit on the head when the tower fell? Now, she's a nice, even sensitive, kid? That was a 180 character transformation if I ever saw one.

Realisim scale is good on this episode, solely on the efforts of Furuichi and his wife Misako. Five episodes in, we finally get some damn heroes. There should have been some since episode one, but better late than never. Oh and that udon looks at least twice as good as any 'disaster' food I have ever seen.

On that note, this series would have been 100% better for me had those two had been the main characters in the series: a 13 episode series about an elderly couple who lost their grandchildren amidst a disaster. We could have episodes about the people they help, some drama with the parents, some strained relationships, flashbacks, the works.

Hey, at least the then-whiny Mirai now wants to be useful, right?
Modified by fisher_88, 08-08-09, 9:42 AM

08-08-09, 9:43 AM

fisher_88 said:
Hey, hey, where did little miss whiny-face go! Was she hit on the head when the tower fell? Now, she's a nice, even sensitive, kid? That was a 180 character transformation if I ever saw one.

LOL XD

Ya quite real indeed wonder what's next XD

08-08-09, 10:04 AM

Hmm.. I actually kind of liked this episode O.O Or well, I actually have taken a slight liking to the series overall : o (Ah.. It must've been because of Mirai's "improved" cyclothymic disorder)
Anyway, the .. man it sounds really wrong to say the 'funniest' moment.. anyway I'll say it like that this time..
The "funniest" moment in the episode, must've been this one:
Yuuki: What's in there?
Mirai: Stained Glass! It's really pretty!
And then.. blargh lots of dead people. Too bad, huh?

Oh right.. I somehow still cannot seem to be able to comprehend the excessive .. how to put it .. "drama" or w/e. I mean.. I've been through earthquakes while on vacation, delaying flights back an whatnot (sure, not mag. 8.0, about 5-6), but I just can't seem to feel anything at all about these people calling themselves "victims".. Seriously, they survived didn't they? The "victims" in this case would be those who didn't, if you ask me.
Huh... I could go on ranting about this for a while, but for all of your convenience, I won't.

Edit: removed unnecessary comment
Modified by Oosran, 08-08-09, 12:11 PM
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.

08-08-09, 11:04 AM

You know what, it took five episodes for the people to not be selfish idiots, and to care about others.

In previous episodes all we saw was pushing and being totally ignorant.

08-08-09, 11:32 AM

Good episode. After a few episodes of seeing just the physical effects of the earthquake, we now get to see more of the emotional impact it's had on people in terms of losing loved ones. It also helped that Mirai is actually, you know, smiling and being more empathetic.

08-08-09, 11:48 AM

i was going to cry! ><
that's soo sad, humans have to be strong!

08-08-09, 11:53 AM

Another melancholic episode.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.

08-08-09, 2:56 PM

Vizard said:
Another melancholic episode.

Agreed, very emotional .. drove me to tears when Mirai started feeling for the old guy. Started making me think about how rough It Is for him.

Overall, very nice episode, nice series and If you can't accept the characters for their realism then I think theres a problem. Go watch Kanokon or something

08-08-09, 3:09 PM

;_; Furuichi-san... wahhh I started crying... his story was so sad, especially after he said he should have died... ;_;

08-08-09, 3:20 PM

stickymochi said:
especially after he said he should have died... ;_;

That's just self-satisfactory thinking, if you ask me >.>
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.

08-08-09, 3:31 PM

Man, the stained-glass thing was a total reality smack in the face and kill-joy.
;-; I wept for a little while.
I'm glad that Mirai is less of a jerk in this episode.

08-08-09, 4:58 PM

poor old man, he rules !!! lols, really sad i enjoy the stories they put into this show

Awesome Sig by Lailide

08-08-09, 5:17 PM

This episode warmed my icy heart in the last couple of minutes...

But the stained glass was funny.
And at first the Furuichi's seemed really creepy:
"I'll take you to a special place."
"Want some candy?"

I was screaming "NO! Don't do it! They're human traffickers!"

08-08-09, 5:19 PM

noteDhero said:
And at first the Furuichi's seemed really creepy:
"I'll take you to a special place."
"Want some candy?"

I was screaming "NO! Don't do it! They're human traffickers!"

Hey actually, I thought about that too : o Although I didn't think it would be worth mentioning

08-08-09, 5:23 PM

Well, I didn't either, but between you and Wasabi stealing my thoughts, I had to use back up comments. :[

08-08-09, 5:35 PM

Oosran said:

but I just can't seem to feel anything at all about these people calling themselves "victims".. Seriously, they survived didn't they? The "victims" in this case would be those who didn't, if you ask me.
Huh... I could go on ranting about this for a while, but for all of your convenience, I won't.

Edit: removed unnecessary comment

Dead people don't have feelings. The ones who survived do. The ones that live suffer from the loss of the dead, but the dead don't. In other words, the most painful victims are always the ones that survived.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?

08-08-09, 5:52 PM

i almost cried with the old man and his grandchildren. that was so sad.

Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices