Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 »
Jul 8, 2010 5:29 PM
Nov 2009
LOL @all they needed to do to prevent everything from happening again several thousand times was to do their homework together >__< But I really enjoyed the Endless Eight hope for more of those to come ^^.......................................................................not.
Jul 12, 2010 12:48 AM

Mar 2010
No more endless eight! Hooray!
Jul 18, 2010 6:43 AM

Mar 2009
Finally.... this endless ended.
Jul 27, 2010 1:10 AM

Dec 2008
WTF DO YOU MEAN THE ENDLESS EIGHT IS OVER?!

LOL, this was fun. I watched 'em all for the first time in one night with minimal breaks as possible. At times I was pulling my hair, sometimes I just burst out laughing because it was like it'd never end and I felt the rush of insanity, and then I was whimpering or screaming when it was confirmed the loop would go around again...

This last episode of it all was nice, too. So yay. Good times. :D
Sep 5, 2010 12:59 AM

Aug 2010
ENDLESS EIGHT IS FINALLY OVER! REJOICE! REJOICE!
phew glad im got that out of the way. Finally we can get some fresh content.
Jan 23, 2011 11:45 PM

Aug 2010
Phew. I like challenges so I decided to marathon this Endless Eight. I heard how much rage it induced, so I took a deep breath and got ready for anything.

It wasn't that bad. Okay, the sixth and seven installments did test my patience, but apart from that it was more or less enjoyable. The only thing that I actually hate is that until now I kinda liked Mikuru (Yuki being my favorite), but now I feel I could <classified information> her, until her <classified information> are all <classified information>. And poor, poor Nagato, I don't think a human mind would have been able to survive the encounter intact. I also feel that there could have been a bit more variation to the changes that they occasionally made. A longer conversation with Yuki, Koizumi actually sharing his worry at the swimming pool etc. I cried out in joy at the final conclusion, I totally bought the "I love you" bait as they never showed Kyon's face. Nicely done. I give this arc a 6 out of 8.
Jan 24, 2011 7:46 AM

May 2010
Mogami-kun said:
Phew. I like challenges so I decided to marathon this Endless Eight. I heard how much rage it induced, so I took a deep breath and got ready for anything.

It wasn't that bad. Okay, the sixth and seven installments did test my patience, but apart from that it was more or less enjoyable. The only thing that I actually hate is that until now I kinda liked Mikuru (Yuki being my favorite), but now I feel I could <classified information> her, until her <classified information> are all <classified information>. And poor, poor Nagato, I don't think a human mind would have been able to survive the encounter intact. I also feel that there could have been a bit more variation to the changes that they occasionally made. A longer conversation with Yuki, Koizumi actually sharing his worry at the swimming pool etc. I cried out in joy at the final conclusion, I totally bought the "I love you" bait as they never showed Kyon's face. Nicely done. I give this arc a 6 out of 8.

You bring me to a good Idea.. i will make a <classified information> page about <classified information> from Endless Eight. Its a cool thing.
Jan 30, 2011 1:20 PM

Aug 2008
Mogami-kun said:

Your love for redundant content astounds me
Feb 2, 2011 8:59 PM
Nov 2010
it wasn't that bad, consider how the series sucks anyway I didn't feel much of a difference. The animation is eye candy (Kyoto Animation is great at that) but that's pretty much everything :)

man I hope the rest of the series is decent and that I didn't waste 3,58 GB on a movie I'll probably hate ;p
Feb 7, 2011 5:01 PM

Dec 2010
It's OVER!!!!!

TBH, this was the best episode of the lot. Great ending. Royal flush ftw :-D

Now for sSigh...hope this dosnt disappoint...
"Ah yes, the demon drink...'Nature's Alzheimer's' they call it"
Feb 21, 2011 5:08 AM

Feb 2010
I'm a bit late to this party, but I kind of liked this arc. Not that the episodes were so amazing or anything, but probably because I knew what I was getting into before it started, and I only watch one episode of this a night and I loved going through the comments on the episodes afterwards and basking in the rage. Gave me some good laughs.
Feb 21, 2011 12:13 PM

May 2010
Paiguy said:
I'm a bit late to this party, but I kind of liked this arc. Not that the episodes were so amazing or anything, but probably because I knew what I was getting into before it started, and I only watch one episode of this a night and I loved going through the comments on the episodes afterwards and basking in the rage. Gave me some good laughs.

Please its seriously.. its Endless Eight and some comments are not funny. I love so Endless Eight and it is a great also an EPIC arc!
Feb 21, 2011 12:14 PM

May 2010
Paiguy said:

Please its seriously.. its Endless Eight and some comments are not funny. I love so Endless Eight and it is a great also an EPIC arc!
Mar 16, 2011 1:29 PM

Jun 2009
I actually enjoyed it this time, much more than the time before. Probably a combination of the fact I only watched the first two and last two episodes and I didn't have to wait a week between each episode. It's actually a pretty well done arc when I look back at it.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
May 4, 2011 7:32 AM

Jan 2011
"Yeah sure, 800 bucks!"... what? 800 bucks for a mask? I'm lucky the Indonesian sub show 800 yen.

Sooo great! I'm almost sob when the scene goes gray( when Haruhi want to step out the door). Then when Kyon's talking to Haruhi then the awesome music playin, I CRIES! Weeeeeeee *sob* Dunno what but I cried. Yeah, that's it. Awesome!
There is like 2 weeks delay in my recent reading list
I randomly bought discount/second hand manga with cute/mysterious cover.

Use Personal Blacklist extension in Chrome if you just want to Google for a series synopsis, without google slapping MAL score in it.
3/1
May 4, 2011 2:18 PM

May 2010
Hyoroemon said:
"Yeah sure, 800 bucks!"... what? 800 bucks for a mask? I'm lucky the Indonesian sub show 800 yen.

Sooo great! I'm almost sob when the scene goes gray( when Haruhi want to step out the door). Then when Kyon's talking to Haruhi then the awesome music playin, I CRIES! Weeeeeeee *sob* Dunno what but I cried. Yeah, that's it. Awesome!

yeah its epic! I love Endless Eight arc while it have a great story! :)
Jun 11, 2011 5:20 AM

Jul 2010
This was the last Endless Eight episode, right??? Finally it's over!!! Omg I can't believe it, it's finally over, right? ríght?!
Jun 22, 2011 3:58 PM
Apr 2011
Yatta!
Jun 29, 2011 7:18 AM
Dec 2010
Damn hate the end of endless 8..
I thought he was gonna ask her on a date..
but still.. i guess it was ok?
also I wouldnt mind if endless 8 was 4 ep long but why 7ep..?
a really waste of time..
I watch 3 ep with no skips but the next ones
i skip to the important ones only.. zzzz..
Jun 29, 2011 11:17 PM

May 2009
forzsaken said:
Damn hate the end of endless 8..
I thought he was gonna ask her on a date..
but still.. i guess it was ok?
also I wouldnt mind if endless 8 was 4 ep long but why 7ep..?
a really waste of time..
I watch 3 ep with no skips but the next ones
i skip to the important ones only.. zzzz..

Because if it was too short more people might actually consider watching it with the main series instead of just the last or first, one of the middle and last. It was made to troll people and so they didn't have to cut any of disappearance, now that the airing is over it has served its purpose and really most of it should just be ignored from the canon of the series, otherwise it just completely destroys the pacing of the series.
Aug 9, 2011 9:47 AM

Jun 2011
Ohhhh... Is it over already? And here I thought 3 hours worth of a single episode wouldn't be enough...

Anyway, the scene in the cafe, where Kyon saves the world is SO great! :p
Oct 11, 2011 12:48 PM

Dec 2009
Finished the endless eight arc last night. Honestly, parts 6 &amp; 7 kinda blurred by as I multi-tasked but I did watch them enough to know I wasn't missing anything. Parts 1, 2, &amp; 8 obviously the best.

I was really hoping for an explosion of a resolution to this conflict. Which is why when the resolution was 'oh hey, let's get together and do our homework' reared it's face I could not help but feel disappointed.

If I eventually do own this series I doubt I'd watch more then about 4 or 5 of the endless eight episodes each time. I'm sure the director wanted us to feel the looping hell like the characters but it is a bit much.

Happy. I'm on with the rest of the series :) .
Such junk...
Nov 8, 2011 2:26 AM

Dec 2009
I survived the Endless Eight :) CHAMPAGNEEEE!!!
Nov 27, 2011 12:24 PM

Apr 2010
FINALLY :'D
Dec 14, 2011 4:44 PM
Dec 2009
I've been watching the endless eight arc for so long just because I fell asleep from the repetitions I've been seeing each episode of the endless eight, and I had to re-watch some of it just because I fell asleep during the middle of the episodes each time. It was hard to finish this arc, but truly, I loved the ending of this episode lol.. Haruhi had such a cute reaction when Kyon was bringing up homework as the last activity, and he didn't invite Haruhi because she's probably the only one who finished.
tag©.androgynous
Jan 22, 2012 6:47 AM

Aug 2011
Now that was crap. Worst E8 episode, how unsatisfying. 2/5 just because I'm in a good mood.
Feb 5, 2012 6:58 PM

Nov 2011
What a shame, the idea of episodes that revolve around an endless loop aren't a bad thing. (I actually enjoyed the first and second) But they really could have done something creative and memorable to end it off (I'm still in for whispering 'I love you' into her ear)...rather than a god dam study session.
Feb 23, 2012 4:25 PM

Jan 2012
Yeah I was not expecting homework to solve it.. not expecting in a bad way.
It seemed kinda anticlimactic. People were totally expecting a date or something..
Apr 3, 2012 9:16 PM
Mar 2012
I wouldn't have minded the homework ending if they had shown it. Like had them cutting up or something so we see could haruhi enjoying the study session. That would have been cute. After all that there needed to be some emotion.
extraspectraApr 4, 2012 12:03 PM
Jun 23, 2012 8:43 PM

Apr 2012
FINALLY IT HAS ENDED. pooooooor nagato :(
lesson of the day: always do your homework!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 2, 2012 7:49 PM

Feb 2011
I have never been so glad to finish this shit. Can't believe I actually succeeded inbrute forcing through the arc. I must commend myself for that.
Jul 14, 2012 5:45 PM

May 2012
Hope this will be the end, took me a while to get trough the same content over and over again but well it wasn't to bad but imo not the best decision to not change the content much, up to the next episode!
Jul 27, 2012 11:44 PM

Oct 2011
I'm feeling this overwhelming sense of happiness and relief right now. TuT
I think we all deserve a reward for going through what we've (just) been through!
Jul 28, 2012 12:52 AM

Jul 2012
Do you guys know how fun it is.
To go through these sub forums and read all of your reactions from the episodes.
Episode 2 - (人´∀`*)
Episode 3 - (*°∀°)=3
Episode 4 - ( ・◇・)?
Episode 5 - (」゚ペ)」
Episode 6 - ヽ(#`Д´)ノ
Episode 7 - ヘ(。□°)ヘ
Episode 8 - o(╥﹏╥)o
Episode 9 - \(@ ̄∇ ̄@)/

This is priceless.
Aug 4, 2012 7:59 PM
Jul 2012
Didn't watch the all the endless eight.
Aug 13, 2012 7:56 AM

Aug 2009
Alright, so this was the last episode of Endless Eight. And uhh, I feel pretty content with it.

For me, the first three episodes were really interesting. The next two were okay, and then the sixth and seventh ones were like "UUGHH, come on already." But the eight and final episode was actually exciting because, even though it was the same stuff again, you knew that everything was going to be solved and you couldn't wait for that moment to finally come.

I personally thought the ending was a bit lackluster and not really satisfying enough to have justified watching all eight episodes. But all in all, I can say that this Endless Eight experience has really been a unique one and I am glad to have experienced it for myself. I feel better knowing what it's actually like to have watched the whole thing and having my own opinion about it, rather than only listening to other people's comments about it and not giving it a shot.

I enjoyed Endless Eight, and my view of this season of Haruhi Suzumiya and the series as a whole is still positive and promising. I'm excited to see what's next!
Dec 13, 2012 7:39 AM

Nov 2012
So Kyon finally figured it out in his 15,532nd attempt..
Maximum pleasure at that moment :'D
Dec 27, 2012 1:14 AM

Dec 2012
Survived the Endless 8

I actually got a gut feeling right on the last episode! When Haruhi told him he should've finished his homework, I realized it was the only thing she said that was actually a command. Then, I just thought to myself "if the fate of the world was in my hands, i would really freakin' hate it if anyone told me directly that doing my homework was the answer" XD
Dec 28, 2012 7:51 AM

Mar 2012
...Whoops. I accidentally skipped three Endless Eight episodes by streaming the last one without realizing instead. OH NO, I DON'T HAVE TO WATCH ANOTHER ENDLESS EIGHT EPISODE. OH DEAR. WHAT A SHAME. OH BOY I'M GOING TO MISS THOSE ONES.

Anyway, most of it was terrible as usual. Literally the exact same as before with different camera angles and slightly different dialogue, plus some moments of deja vu. But because of that, when the ending actually changed for once, it made it all the more satisfying. I'm just glad Endless Eight is over now, and the show can get on with some unique episodes instead. 7/10
Feb 11, 2013 10:24 PM
Mar 2011
Throughout the entirety of Endless Eight I felt so bad for Nagato. I mean, shes an alien and all but it just seemed so cruel for her to experience that with her memories intact.
I would have never guessed it was the homework that would end up being the resolution. I kept coming up with resolutions in my head but never did them having a study session come to mind lol.
Mar 26, 2013 2:23 PM

Mar 2013
Seriously? The homework? -_-
If it was me, I would, idk, probably try making out with Mikuru ^_^ Just saying...
May 18, 2013 11:27 AM

Mar 2012
finally it's over; at least we didn't have to see it all 15532 times.

Biggest screw up by KyoAni, a shame they can't make a promising anime without screwing up. Well at least I guess it was easy money for them.
May 21, 2013 10:58 PM

Dec 2012
I suffered through the endless eight over unfinished homework!? Fuck you KyoAni!
May 29, 2013 4:54 AM

May 2013
Oh sadness. So many mixed feelings. The most prominent right now is anger, so let me release that:

What the hell. This is the stupidest thing I've ever sat through in my entire life. Homework? Lamer than lame. More lame than my lame foot going up this arc's lame ass riding a lame goat on a lame island with lame music and a full stock of lame water and lame spam without any means to add flavor to the lame menu, on repeat for so long that the lame word, "lame," ceases to sound like a word anymore.

Now, for the more important things. This was original. I never expected this to occur in any show. It' so on the borders of originality that it's almost an utter failure. However, it isn't quite that. After having seen this type of arc, I will never again complete another without compensation, but this one time may have been extremely important.

For example, IF the purpose of this infinity was to instill in the viewer an empathy for Nagato which will be resolved later, this arc would well be worth the suffering. This show has a habit of outlining the mundane in a creative way, which is why I enjoy it so much, to the point of being daring (ie. during the ~25 true-second countdown watching the close-up of the clock ticking--brilliant). If this indeed was a prelim for a resolution of Nagato's possible emotional disarray after repeating 14 days over almost 600 years, then a bit of met-expectations would be welcomed and appreciated.

That said, even if that does NOT end up being the case, it still would have been completely worth watching (one time), due to the originality and quirkiness.

I wish Kyon would have let Yuki finish explaining how many times they'd done things. Like, how many times have we realized this is a loop? (34?) How many times has the outcome of the Cicada Contest changed? (0? Maybe a tie?) Or just let her finish by herself in general. I was curious because I thought the last (this) episode she would finish, and that information would contain a way to find a solution. Now, I just want to know the figures.

One fleeting thought: In my opinion, repeating something 15K times would invite Murphy to stay for dinner. During at least one of those times, it's likely that some human error could have occurred and injured or killed one of the Brigade members, causing Suzumiya to not want to repeat the summer. An argument against that possibility would be that she basically controls the space and so everything turns out okay, but I side more along the lines of when Koizumi said that the world still works because she believes in limitations. A counter-argument is that she doesn't believe anything bad will happen to her friends, and so it won't. Ugh. So annoying. I can't decide.

Anyway, my point is: This was brilliant, with the potential to be even more genius, even if it was tedious.
Jun 14, 2013 7:50 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Oh hey, guess I was right it was so that they would do something else on the last day, but I didn't expect it to be...doing homework??? It was actually a great way to tie off the Endless Eight, doing something normal that Haruhi would've never experienced because of her eccentricity. A very slice of life type of "ending," once again. As much as I like the theme, I think it wasn't totally necessary to spend 8 episodes on this...we could've gotten the same message if they ended it in 4 episodes. If the only reason they made it 8 episodes was because horizontal 8 = infinity sign, I would rage. I mean if they really wanted to make it 8 episodes, they could've at least shown alternative events...Yuki said they had did 6 different types of jobs, so at the very least it would've been nice to see another job. But oh well, it was still enjoyable. At least no more Mikuru crying. And no more suffering for Yuki ;_; poor girl, living the loop for 595 years....
Jul 10, 2013 10:34 PM

Oct 2012
I'm glad to get out of the endless eight, If there was more subtle differences to each episode I probably would've enjoyed it more.
Jul 17, 2013 11:00 PM

Nov 2012
I survived the Endless Eight! Can't believe I watched it all... Watched the same thing 8 times just to share them finish off their homework together! Funny, but disappointing.
Aug 12, 2013 9:33 PM

Jun 2012
Are you kidding me? Homework? So she looped 15,532 because she wanted to be able to share her answers for the homework???
(>'_')>#
~Here's a waffle, please calm down...

"See that? She's cute and popular. You could say that her milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard. But YOU club President... your milkshakes are wasted on you. In other words, you're wasteful." ~D-Frag (Best.Reference.Ever.)
Sep 1, 2013 3:45 PM

Sep 2009
So I finally watched all of Endless Eight without skipping anything. I thought that this arc was really interesting with all the different angles and events and unique. I'll have to agree that the first three and last episodes were the better ones. I didn't really mind this arc at all.

Overall, I'd give it a 12426/15532.
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.
Sep 27, 2013 10:06 AM
Jan 2013
Somehow lost the count of which episode it was and the confusion worked out great this time. I really enjoyed it! All the eight episodes where interesting, funny as well as somehow boring and sleepy, but I guess that was it's value. The changes between every episode where to small or to big at the same time, pretty genius.

And the solution: joint study session that seemed... ridiculous. After watching Kyon wondering what to say 7 times, this task was probably least expected. Especially the way he said it and Haruhi's reaction. At one point I thought she's gonna cry (what obviously is so not like her)

Anyway, I've heard before how people hated those episodes, but for me those definitely makes this series memorable. And awesome!
Pages (11) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Sep 10, 2009

292 by Generose »»
Apr 12, 11:11 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kappaka - May 21, 2009

449 by Ryan_the_Bread »»
Mar 30, 1:13 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Jul 30, 2009

276 by Alkimia »»
Feb 28, 11:45 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Jul 23, 2009

360 by Alkimia »»
Feb 28, 11:27 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Jul 16, 2009

470 by Alkimia »»
Feb 28, 10:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.