Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 18, 2014 9:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, Cheetu died. Seriously, he should of listened to Zeno. Cheapest trick or not..pfft.

I feel sorry for Shoot this episode ;.;
Youpi is kinda scary when he's pissed off I guess. Anyways, Gon still waiting..this might take awhile. Great to see Silva again though. It's been awhile.
Feb 18, 2014 10:02 AM

Nov 2013
Was the animation this episode better than 112-115?
Feb 18, 2014 10:53 AM
May 2012
WOW
that was better than I expected
they really adapted it very well
I liked the soundtracks really amazing
Knuckle's monologue was amazing too
I didn't expect the episode to be that good, when I read the chapters in the manga I didn't feel they were that good, but I consider this episode as one of my favorite in the series !
Well done MadHouse
Feb 18, 2014 11:02 AM

Jul 2013
Silva Zoldyck has the same VA as Bills from DBZ.

A cat just layed the smackdown on another cat. o.0
Feb 18, 2014 11:09 AM

Apr 2010
Thread cleaned

Asking where to watch the episode and placing links to download/streaming websites is against the board rules which can be found here http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=516053#msg18239905.
And don't post in this thread before you have seen the episode.

All posts that violate the rules will be removed.
Feb 18, 2014 11:17 AM

Nov 2013
. Great episode~! Imo, it was MUCH better than 112- 115. I loved Youpi's last transformation, the color suprised me and look especially good.

R.I.P Cheetu T_T. I might actually kinda miss him , he was kind of like the Lambo of HxH haha.

Not to mention the animation was wayy better than 112-115.

Overall, this episode exceeded my expectations. Props to MadHouse!

I give this an episode a 8.5/10.
Feb 18, 2014 11:18 AM

Apr 2013
Lol Cheetu you got what you deserve don't play with the Zoldyck Family.
And OMG Youpi is very pissed off, you better be careful knuckle.
I really enjoyed this episode 4/5
Feb 18, 2014 11:33 AM

Jul 2013
Just saw it. And yeah - that really was quite awesome. (Compared to those slower-feeling episodes, for sure.)
GalekCFeb 18, 2014 11:38 AM
Feb 18, 2014 12:11 PM

Jan 2014
As I suspected, Zeno feels remorseful in a way... or disappointed that he sucked at the job?

That's how you do cameos! Silva was awesome, although I wished they made his power crush Cheetu like the ground beneath him. Guess we'll never know that new ability of his.

Oh and Big Bang Impact > Silva's lightning as it seems.
Gotta ask, is cheetu the fastest leader ant? Fastest ant ever? Or the fastest character in all of the series?

Shoot is one amazing character, as much as they showed knuckle, I like Shoot's characterization better despite less screen time.
But now it's Knuckle's turn.

Not as AMAZING as last week's, but I don't blame it to be so, but I still commend it on being consistently good for one of the longest arcs in the genre. Kudos.
5 out of 5.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 18, 2014 12:32 PM
Apr 2013
Great. Now we have to wait an hour and a half more for subbed episodes (As if the torture wasn't nearly unbearable enough). Well at least there's raw.

This episode was never going to equal 116 (Come on... That's like trying to match up to God.), so luckily it didn't even try and we are still treated to the an excellent episode. I think 112-115 were excellent too and can't understand people who thought otherwise at all, but this was definitely the best paced episode since the narration started. Good riddance to Cheetu though. Was starting to get annoying. And what a way to go. And the Knuckle/Shoot battle is still very involving. Also its probably not theirs, but I can totally imagine to Zoldycks having a giant pet dragon. lol

EDIT: Also I can't understand why people hated how episode 115 was adapted either. There was nothing thrown out of whack. Oh well...
MCALFeb 18, 2014 12:52 PM
Feb 18, 2014 1:10 PM

Sep 2013
judals said:
although I wished they made his power crush Cheetu like the ground beneath him.
I assure you that his head was completely smashed in. Don't be fooled by the minimal amount of "censorship"-blood. =P

The most we got to know of his ability from the manga was its name, "Monroe Walk."
Always remember that anime is a niche medium in Japan. Manga sells way better
Feb 18, 2014 1:12 PM

Jan 2014
Welp. I just imagine with such impact, we'd see body parts flying or something... but yeah I guess even Hunter x Hunter gotta tone that bit down. Bomber's scene where he blew up all his buddies left the same slightly bitter taste afterward. Still awesome though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 18, 2014 1:16 PM

Jan 2014
Zeno's "I felt like time was compressed"

It just seems like a fancy way of saying f*** you to people who complained.

But I had the same experience for the last 6 episodes, so I believe he did.
Feb 18, 2014 1:36 PM
Feb 2008
I can't believe only 3 minutes have past in the last couple of episodes. I mean it's great because that means it will take a while until it's over but that have to be the slowest episodes I have ever seen.
LirinaFeb 18, 2014 1:41 PM
Feb 18, 2014 1:37 PM

May 2013
Did Cheetu just die like that? lol. That Youpi transformation was epic.
Feb 18, 2014 1:45 PM

Jul 2013
This getting annoying now! How much longer do they intend to keep dragging this out? Its so slow and boring. I'm pretty sure half of the scenes I saw weren't in the manga if I remember correctly.
Feb 18, 2014 1:47 PM
Apr 2013
Good episode, but I'm calling bs on only 3 minutes having passed since the mission started. Sure, the characters can move fast but I'm pretty sure they still talk and have conversations at normal speed.

Nov 2012
Killua's father is a badass. That guy kills first and asks questions later! That air assassination was flawless, it made Assassin's Creed look like child's play. Also Youpi has some major anger issues, I'm starting to think Pitou and the King are the only sane ones. I also can't believe all that happened in only 3 mins.
AichiroFeb 18, 2014 2:00 PM

May 2013
Ophis said:
This getting annoying now! How much longer do they intend to keep dragging this out? Its so slow and boring. I'm pretty sure half of the scenes I saw weren't in the manga if I remember correctly.
Opinions are opinions. I'm enjoying this immensely. I don't care how long it's taking. It's a long series, would you rather want it to catch up to the manga faster? I love how in depth and well thought-out this battle is. The best three minutes I've ever seen. I literally shake under the tension of each episode.
JacobValance said:
Good episode, but I'm calling bs on only 3 minutes having passed since the mission started. Sure, the characters can move fast but I'm pretty sure they still talk and have conversations at normal speed.

It seems that way, but you have to take into account that mostly everything we saw happened at the same time.
Poor Cheetu, he just wanted to show off his new power.
Baku219Feb 18, 2014 1:51 PM
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Feb 18, 2014 1:50 PM

Jul 2010
Aw, Cheetu died.This shows how OP Zoldyck family is tho.
Shoot and Knuckle are awesome characters, hopefully none of them will die.They deserve to kick Youpi's ass (at least Knuckle, because Shoot cant really move).
So yeah...kinda hard to believe that only 3 minutes have passed.I mean, didnt Gon like stare at King walking with Netero for like 1-2 minutes? and then spoke with Pitou for 5 minutes orso.
Feb 18, 2014 1:50 PM

Feb 2012
Ophis said:

Everything was in the manga.
Feb 18, 2014 1:51 PM

Jul 2013
2 chapters like always they aren't dragging anything. The mangas himself is like that.

It is why Zeno said that : "I felt like time was compressed"

Awesome episode. Youpi is a beast :D I love Shoot and Knuckle :D
Feb 18, 2014 1:59 PM

Jul 2013
Salce said:
Ophis said:

I'm pretty sure the part with Knuckle about out running the police wasn't in the manga. Or they fact that he could run faster than Cheetu. Well, its been a long time since I've read it so I may be wrong. Either way its still dragged out.
Feb 18, 2014 2:02 PM

Jul 2013
The police is in the mangas.
Feb 18, 2014 2:03 PM
Apr 2013
Watched it subbed and have a few things to add. First off, hah to Zeno's "My time was compressed!" Togashi was doing some winking at the audience there. Also Fumihiko Tachiki has been doing a really good job with Youpi and his rage too. And finally we get a confirmation on how much time has passed. Three minutes in six episodes.

EDIT: In case anyone was interested in the past seven episodes (About the time the narration really began), Madhouse has adapted 16 chapters. So approximately 2.29 chapters an episode. There's only been about seven minutes of recap throughout those seven episodes too Though half of that was from last episode. So the pacing is quite good.

@Ophis As was being faster than a cheetah.
MCALFeb 18, 2014 2:22 PM
Feb 18, 2014 2:05 PM

Jan 2014
Good episode 4/5

The scene where Silva killed Cheetu made me jump out of my seat, didn't expect that, really cool stuff going on :D
Feb 18, 2014 2:16 PM

Jan 2014
Only 3 minutes have passed since the mission started LOL. Can't wait for next episode!
Feb 18, 2014 2:22 PM
Nov 2012
Knuckle, what a man.

Cheetu being overconfident and self-centered, what a surprise. Shame we'll never get to know his new ability.
Feb 18, 2014 2:25 PM

Dec 2012
Ophis said:
Salce said:
Ophis said:

I'm pretty sure the part with Knuckle about out running the police wasn't in the manga. Or they fact that he could run faster than Cheetu. Well, its been a long time since I've read it so I may be wrong. Either way its still dragged out.

The narrator didn't said that Knuckle is faster than Cheetu. He said that Knuckle can run for a longer time period at full speed than a Cheetah. But probably a Cheetah is faster.
Feb 18, 2014 2:27 PM

May 2013
Zeno is a warm up for the main event (Morel)? pffff how dare Cheetu insult Zeno like that, glad that Silva cleaned up that mess. But I didn't like how they animated Cheetu's crushed head, hoped that there would be more blood.

Knuckle is sooooo one of my favorite character of this arc, i'm hyped for his battle with Youp. Speaking of him damn that nigga just destroyed the main building and Knuckle wants to get a hit on him?! Hahaha can't wait for next episode!

''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Feb 18, 2014 2:32 PM

Jun 2007
Longest three minutes this side of Namek. =P

Meanwhile, Knuckle looked like he was unleashing his Dark Hadou for a minute there. The only thing I didn't care for at that spot was that he changed his mind a little too much too fast. He snapped and insisted he was going to get revenge on Youpi, then seconds later decided retreat was the best option, then seconds later decided he had to get revenge after all.
Feb 18, 2014 2:38 PM

Nov 2012
I just love Youpi, I love the explanation of him being and how it showed half himself as an ant.

Ophis said:
Salce said:
Ophis said:

It was.
Feb 18, 2014 2:43 PM

Oct 2013
Lmao I knew Cheetah was dead from the start of that convo haha. I'm gonna join the annoyed crowd that this is dragging on a bit though, even thinking of just waiting a few weeks so I can watch a few episodes in a row. Really don't give a damn what happens to Knuckle & Shoot.
Feb 18, 2014 2:45 PM

May 2013
And so the invasion continues to be a psychological study instead of the action-packed romp most people expected. I love it. So little happened in this episode, and yet so much did. I love how Togashi is going into extreme detail with every little thing the characters are feeling, it makes for some excellent analysis not just of the characters but of the human mind in general.

Poor Cheetu though, he didn't really deserve that death. All he did was be a kid, most of the time. At least it was painless.

And Killua is agonizing over Gon's words to him. It's sad how much hurt he's going through over Gon's rage. It's an interesting development in their relationship. If their friendship survives this, they'll have formed an unbreakable bond.

Zeno's line about time being compressed was lovely. Togashi, you troll.
My anime blog
Latest Post: The Zero Requiem (Analysis of the Ending of Code Geass)
Feb 18, 2014 2:46 PM

Oct 2008
SaSa-Zoldyck said:
Zeno is a warm up for the main event (Morel)? pffff how dare Cheetu insult Zeno like that, glad that Silva cleaned up that mess.
Morel is awesome, though.
Feb 18, 2014 2:53 PM

Jul 2010
Holy shit. I wonder when Pitou and Gon will fight then.
Anyway, that leopard guy is dead like that? lol
And finally we know something about Knuckle's past.
Feb 18, 2014 2:57 PM

Aug 2008
And we're back to boring. Couple more episodes like that and I'll start fast forwarding them or just reading wiki summary -_-
Ii tenki desu ne...
Feb 18, 2014 2:57 PM

Oct 2013
That wasn't on the level of ep 116 or 112 but it was definitely really good. As usual HxH delivers a great episode.
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Feb 18, 2014 2:58 PM

Jan 2014
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klD6eB5KcLk
that was kind of funny.
Feb 18, 2014 2:59 PM
Jun 2010
Great episode. The part where Knuckle realized how Shoot and him were looked at as flies that just needed to be swatted was the highlight. Their goal is to save the world but decided they must also regain their dignity as a fighter. Knuckle is such an emotional mother fucker, too. This series is just so damn good. <3

Lol, only 3 minutes have passed since the mission has started. Dafuq?

"There is someone that I must meet again. And until that day... not even Death himself can take my life away!"
Feb 18, 2014 3:06 PM
Jan 2010
Dude, Cheetu just had a sorry death.

I love how only three minutes have passed when so many episodes have passed. The narrator has more of a role now :3

Itching for Gon's fight!!!!!!!!
Feb 18, 2014 3:08 PM

Aug 2012
every week im like "ok someone has to fight there's no way they can stall any longer" and then every week im wrong and they find some way to drag everything out.

that being said i still liked this episode mostly for the zoldyck's and youpi but im just really tired of this pacing and hxh has never had this problem before so i have to think it has something to do with the fact that this is probably the last arc because of togashi's hiatus.
Feb 18, 2014 3:13 PM
Feb 2014
Again these kids complaining about the lack of fighting. And the funny thing is the relation "no fighting = boring = bad" they make in their heads. I wonder what part of "HxH is not a unidimensional fighting manga/anime" they don't get.
Feb 18, 2014 3:15 PM

Sep 2011
Finally. I've been waiting for this scene since the beginning of this arc.

Cheetu's death from above - checked

The "invaders" (who planned , risk their life and limb, gave an enormous amount of time, resources and effort, etc.) were actually just annoying pests for the Royal Guards that are not even worth killing. - checked

Now to wait for the finale ^_^
Feb 18, 2014 3:16 PM

May 2013
BOOM! Killua's father destroyed Cheetu with that epic land. That is a family not to be reckoned with.

Youpi is OP as fuck now, poor Shoot and Knuckle.
Excited to see Netero and the King, that's going to be an epic fight.
Feb 18, 2014 3:18 PM
Apr 2013
Paracelso said:
Again these kids complaining about the lack of fighting. And the funny thing is the relation "no fighting = boring = bad" they make in their heads. I wonder what part of "HxH is not a unidimensional fighting manga/anime" they don't get.
Its almost like Cheetu is the Hx H detractor's proxy. And Togashi had him brutally killed cause he wouldn't shut up... So what do you think that says?
Feb 18, 2014 3:22 PM

Aug 2012
Paracelso said:

its not the fact that there's no fighting it's just the fact that for the last like 5 weeks (maybe more) we get teased with a fight and then they're like "no actually we're just going to look at each other and have long drawn out inner dialogue about our simple and shallow strategies". its not even so much that these episodes are bad they're just a never ending cock tease. honestly i wouldn't even mind if they were as well done as episode 116.
Feb 18, 2014 3:27 PM

Feb 2009
I waited for more than 3 years to see this episode get animated, just to simply see Big Papa Silva's flashy entrance. Personally I would have added some music to Silva's entrance, but whatever the episode was great as usual.
Feb 18, 2014 3:28 PM

Jan 2014
Killua.. those SAD eyes would kill me!!!
F0XFIRE said:
OP 4 most butthurt bitch on MAL.

Feb 18, 2014 3:29 PM

Jan 2014
You gotta admit it was a better jump scare than many horror movies'
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

60 by kihel »»
47 minutes ago

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

45 by PushedCaraway »»
Yesterday, 11:22 AM

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Apr 23, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 148 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Sep 23, 2014

915 by Thesk8er2000 »»
Apr 19, 3:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.