Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 5, 2009 1:08 AM

Feb 2008
It would seem that the MAL Mixtapes have finally come to an end. I enjoyed the opportunity to share my song choices with other people as well as check out their songs, and I imagine everyone else did as well.

Even choosing the track orders, doing minor edits, and the such held my interest despite being tedious at times, and I hope the finished products will become a notable part of Music Addicts members' collections with repeated listens, rather than fading into obscurity.

I feel it's best to end this just as it begins to grows stale for me personally, which as I guessed is around 10 mixtapes. It was fun while it lasted, and other people are free to continue the concept, preferably 10 mixtapes per person, if they're up to it.

For anyone wishing to continue this, I request that they give their own unique name to the set they're hosting, instead of continuing as MAL Mixtape #11 etc. I have chosen a generic name since this is the first 10, but future hosts are encouraged to come up with a creative name. Of course, hosts will also have the freedom to shape the direction of the mixtapes as they see fit, especially in regards to themes. The possibilities are nearly limitless. Good luck to all future mixtape hosts!

This thread will serve as a master list of all MAL Mixtapes created in this club. It will be organized by Mixtape Series, which in turn will be divided into mixtapes, complete with tracklists and download links. Hopefully future mixtape hosts will be committed enough to complete 10 mixtapes, 5 at the very least. They may do more if the situation permits, but we need 5 mixtapes per host to really make this work.

However, the host may opt out at any time, unless a mixtape is currently in progress. That series will then end and a new one with another host will begin. The goal is to create 5 series, maybe 10. I think we can safely call it quits for good after that. Then it will just be a matter of maintaining the download links.

Now that Mixtape Series #1 is complete, I will post it here. It should serve as a decent template to continue the Mixtape Directory. After the next host has completed their series of mixtapes (preferably 10, and again, under a unique name of the host's choice), it will become "Mixtape Series #2 (Mixtape Name)" and added to the list, and so on.

Hosts are responsible for providing download links and accurate tracklists:

SERIES #1 (MAL Mixtape - Hosted by Kokonoe)

SERIES #2 (MAL Mixtape Rebirth - Hosted by Ontario)

BONUS SERIES: Member Mixtapes
SubstanceDNov 10, 2010 3:29 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Aug 6, 2009 3:25 PM

May 2007
Stickied.
May 4, 2013 8:08 AM

Sep 2012
Can someone please upload any of the mixtapes to either MF or Mega?
May 6, 2013 2:03 AM

Dec 2007
I had them all saved, but lost them to a hard drive crash a few months back, unfortunately.

Although I should still have my folk mix somewhere, on the off-chance anyone's still interested.
May 8, 2013 2:13 PM

Sep 2012
SchnickelFritz said:
I had them all saved, but lost them to a hard drive crash a few months back, unfortunately.

Although I should still have my folk mix somewhere, on the off-chance anyone's still interested.

Or we could make new ones. I'm sure new folk music has been made since you made your mixtape.
Sep 23, 2015 4:17 AM

May 2014
I usually put together compilations of genres and mix them then upload them.
Here's the link to my Mixcloud: https://www.mixcloud.com/Ascendence/

I'd be happy to put together a mix for the member submissions if you guys are still accepting those. I can do the uploading and everything and put together an album cover for it as well.
I love contributing to anything related to music.(:
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» What song is stuck in your head right now? ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

shygirlnerd - Apr 20, 2010

230 by removed-user »»
Oct 30, 2023 2:48 PM

Poll: » Your Favorite Music Genre ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Mathes - Mar 19, 2008

308 by removed-user »»
Oct 30, 2023 2:46 PM

» favorite openings of 2023

TyDrian - May 17, 2023

8 by TyDrian »»
Jul 24, 2023 11:45 AM

» favorite endings of 2023

TyDrian - May 17, 2023

4 by TyDrian »»
Jul 7, 2023 1:15 AM

» Favorite Guitarist/Drummers/Bassist/Vox

SymbolliC - Sep 24, 2008

36 by victimiZe1337 »»
Sep 30, 2022 6:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.