Forum Settings
Forums

The Great Shonen Tier List--Warning--untagged spoilers for many series.

New
Feb 18, 2014 1:12 AM

Jan 2014
The Great Shonen Tier List is a list made by ShonenBeam in ranking the "powers" of the various characters shonen anime charaters.

The author states:

"The Great Shonen Tier List is an ambitious, long-term, spoiler-heavy, and frankly ridiculous attempt to determine the relative strength of shonen manga characters.All of them...It should be noted that we are trying our best to remove any bias or favoritism while determining rankings. Being a purely creative endeavor without any factual basis on which to rely, this project inherently relies on opinion, but character placement in this list is not intended to reflect personal taste in any way.

Reading the List

The Great Shonen Tier List is divided into multiple tiers of relative strength, with a page dedicated to each tier. The navigation bar reads from left (strongest) to right (weakest):"

Read it here:

http://shonenbeam.com/tierlist/

Do you think this list is sound?? what do you think of the ranking of their powers?
rodacFeb 18, 2014 10:00 PM
F0XFIRE said:
OP 4 most butthurt bitch on MAL.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 18, 2014 1:19 AM

Jun 2011
The purpose of this is? To voice our opinion and suggestion?
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 18, 2014 1:22 AM

Jan 2014
It's Official:

Killua and Gon is stronger than Kurapika!! ;)
F0XFIRE said:
OP 4 most butthurt bitch on MAL.

Feb 18, 2014 1:24 AM

Mar 2008
Mate, I think it's a little long for a copy'n paste.

I'm a little disappointed that this wasn't a 'series' list, and just a powerlevel chart list.
CkanFeb 18, 2014 1:33 AM
Feb 18, 2014 1:35 AM

Dec 2012
Interesting...

Pitting pretty much every single shonen manga character against each other in hypothetical cross series battles has been going on for years now with the OBD (Outskirts Battle Dome) on Naruto forums. But I will say that this is certainly an ambitious project and probably the most comprehensive attempt at trying to rank shonen characters.

As someone who used to delve in this kind of activity all the time by assessing character's abilities, raw strength, destructive capacity, speed and what not, I have A LOT of disagreements with tier placement of certain characters. However I do believe that if descriptions were longer and explained how strong that character supposedly is rather than just list abilities then I could understand the placement better.
Feb 18, 2014 2:13 AM

Jul 2008
Lol this is kinda cool. It's nice to see some old characters from lesser known series. xD
Feb 18, 2014 2:22 AM

Jan 2014
It's a cool list, you can clearly tell he put a lot and I mean a LOT of effort into building up this list. However, I already got spoiled quite a few important character developments from a few anime, namely from the "Broken" tab, so I'm gonna withhold myself from watching it for now to not get spoiled anymore.

This list should be spread around the internet more though, it's like a mini wikipedia of all things shonen badass-character related. ;)
Feb 18, 2014 2:23 AM

Sep 2013
I never understood the desire of some people to rank characters by their power, especially when they're from different universes with different mechanics. It's like comparing apples with oranges.
Proud founder of the 20+ virgins club.

Please visit my manga blog for manga updates and more!

Mup da doo didda po mo muhfuggen bix nood

^ Need someone who can translate this. Pm me pls.
Feb 18, 2014 2:35 AM

Jul 2013
Shimura Shinpachi>Mikasa Ackerman

Shinpachi representing the bottom page!
Feb 18, 2014 2:44 AM

Jun 2007
Shiratori99 said:
I never understood the desire of some people to rank characters by their power, especially when they're from different universes with different mechanics. It's like comparing apples with oranges.

No, apples and oranges doesn't fit here, that'd be like comparing two different characters who use different methods to fight within the same universe. They are different, but fall under the same family.

In this case it's more like comparing a pizza with a spoon. Two completely different things with no way to relate them or compare them on any level.
Feb 18, 2014 2:53 AM

Sep 2012
Enel stronger than Ao Kiji. Ridiculous!

Bulma stronger than Mr Satan. Bullshit!
Feb 18, 2014 2:55 AM

Mar 2008
TallonKarrde23 said:
No, apples and oranges doesn't fit here, that'd be like comparing two different characters who use different methods to fight within the same universe. They are different, but fall under the same family.

In this case it's more like comparing a pizza with a spoon. Two completely different things with no way to relate them or compare them on any level.
Well, on the most basic level, you could compare them based off the vague visual cues, and chalked up values from the manga.
Of course, that's presuming that said depictions were 'visually accurate/scientifically' and not simply artistic depictions of a fantasy world.

But once we comparing cross-work magical powers and otherworldly phenomena (the bread and butter of shounen), then we are indeed at pizzaspoons.

Nevertheless: Superman vs. Goku!
Feb 18, 2014 3:48 AM

Jan 2013
Wasn't expecting to see Medaka Box characters on the list but that's pretty cool.
Feb 18, 2014 4:15 AM

Dec 2011
Furuichi in the same level as Aoi and Oga. Also, Aoi in the same level as Oga (Fair, wtf).
Krillin at top tier.
Haruhi is at bottom tier, and Nagato is nowhere to be found.
Medaka and Kumagawa at broken tier, but Anshin'in is also nowhere to be found.

ok
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 18, 2014 4:40 AM

Jan 2014
Kurapika is much more powerful than both Killua and Gon, inaccurate list.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 18, 2014 4:40 AM

Feb 2014
DBZ fodder>>>>Aizen(he's not really haxxed and isn't that strong compared to different series)

Mirai Nikki has weak excuse for Gods.. Bills from DBZ will wipe out a galaxy when he's pissed off/full powered

Medeka Box is awesome.. Asakura's god status has been controversial and debated.. Father was defeated by humans lol

Kurapika is on another level than both Gon and Killua.. Kuwabara has no business been in the top section.. Negi Springfield is not that powerful he's mid level at best.. DBZ characters are planet-galaxy level beings.. That alone should be the standard for the top list.. Jojoverse is very haxxed with FTL speeds so some of them should be on the broken section Poor list
Titanz25Feb 18, 2014 4:48 AM
Feb 18, 2014 4:41 AM

Apr 2013
That's cute
an egomaniac and a fool

Feb 18, 2014 4:45 AM

Sep 2011
i always find it odd when so much effort is put into something like this list

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 18, 2014 6:37 AM

Dec 2012
I'm scared of spoilers so I didn't read the whole thing, but isn't King Bradley from FMA really low? He's in the same tier as Roy, Scar, Edward, and Alphonse and below Lust. That guy was almost invincible in Brotherhood.
Feb 18, 2014 6:44 AM

Oct 2012
Who'd take the time to make something like this lol
Feb 18, 2014 6:46 AM
Mar 2013
this list is obviously incorrect since Natsu isn't considered broken
Feb 18, 2014 6:49 AM

Aug 2011
Feb 18, 2014 6:50 AM

Jan 2011
isnt a kitchen knife enough to hurt Yuno from Mirai Nikki?
the list is filled with FT an Naruto characters when far more powerful verses like Negima an Saint Seiya only have one character?
both Rakan an Seiya are far more broken than Aizen, they got erased from existance an then came back
Feb 18, 2014 7:00 AM

Feb 2014
What a useless list.
I think you'd look lovely with your wrists slit.
Feb 18, 2014 7:39 AM

May 2013
It's official :
Amano Yukiteru > Goku
Feb 18, 2014 8:04 AM

Nov 2010
Wow, I thought it might be interesting but that's a crap list. The girl from Psyren is stronger than Luffy, the teleporting girl from Zetai Karen Children is stronger than Whitebeard, Saotome Ranma is stronger than both of them. Nope
Feb 18, 2014 8:22 AM

May 2012
This list is quite lacking
Feb 18, 2014 8:31 AM

Apr 2013
Some srs spoilers on that list.....fml
Feb 18, 2014 8:32 AM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
Wow, I thought it might be interesting but that's a crap list. The girl from Psyren is stronger than Luffy, the teleporting girl from Zetai Karen Children is stronger than Whitebeard, Saotome Ranma is stronger than both of them. Nope

Agreed. Also, not saying Mikasa should be high, but she would slaughter everyone in that bottom tier. I mean, Nami is in a tier above her, lol. Her and Nami should swap places. Also, Kuwabara is much too high. Sakura above InuYasha, lol. I could go on and on. List is broken.
Feb 18, 2014 9:08 AM

Jul 2012
cute list. obviously nothing to get serious about people!!

but... Alibaba over Aladdin? i mean i haven't read the manga but.... hmmm
Feb 18, 2014 9:38 AM
Jul 2018
Interesting list. Nice to see Mikasa and Accelerator on there. I like how the second tier is filled with DBZ characters though.
Feb 18, 2014 9:59 AM

Nov 2013
Oh, I thought this was going to be a discussion regarding how people rank the Shonens in terms of quality.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Feb 18, 2014 12:07 PM

Aug 2013
Why is Eren weak tier on the list? As a human he is pretty weak but as a Titan he is pretty strong although unskilled. It makes no sense to put him on the same level as normal humans like Kenichi, Saito, Shishio etc. Barragan , Noein and Haruka should be on the broken list.
Feb 18, 2014 2:58 PM

Aug 2013
Inaccurate and stupid List.
Furuichi>King Bradley and Kagura??????? WTF???
not trying to be bias here guys but Mikasa Ackerman the best soldier among the 104th Trainees Squad is on the same tier with weak otaku is beyond me.
and Yuno gasai and amano yukiteru>Goku is just LOL(no kidding i realy laughing here)
Feb 18, 2014 2:59 PM

Jun 2011
Gintoki should be on the tier above "broken". He's aware of our existence and doesn't give a shit about copyright infringement.

Feb 18, 2014 3:00 PM

Apr 2013
gamers said:
not trying to be bias here guys but Mikasa Ackerman the best soldier among the 104th Trainees Squad is on the same tier with weak otaku is beyond me.
and Yuno gasai and amano yukiteru>Goku is just LOL(no kidding i realy laughing here)
Mikasa is no where near as powerful as most of the people on this list.

OT: I'm wondering why Accelerator isn't considered broken.
an egomaniac and a fool

Feb 18, 2014 3:12 PM

Aug 2013
Emnay said:
gamers said:
Mikasa is no where near as powerful as most of the people on this list.

OT: I'm wondering why Accelerator isn't considered broken.

i know.
what i'm trying to say is why is character that is not suposed to be a battle character is also in that list? like katsuragi keima,raku ichijou and that bakuman character
Feb 18, 2014 3:21 PM

Jun 2012
Even in universe this list doesn't work...

Yoshikage Kira (low) defeated Jotaro Kujo (Top) IN A 2v1 BATTLE without even using his final form.

This list doesn't have Koichi but he'd be "fair" in my opinion.

So how does one explain how a low tier shounen character can flawlessly dominate two higher power characters?

Am I safe to assume whoever made this list hasn't seen most of the Manga these characters are from?
OchimushaFeb 18, 2014 3:25 PM
Feb 18, 2014 3:22 PM

Apr 2013
Forgetfulness said:
Okay, I just read a little more of this.

Suzumiya Haruhi - Bottom Tier
"Athletic girl; cannot use her godlike abilities because she is unaware of them."

Amano Yukiteru - Broken Tier

Hahahahahahahahahahaha, no. Characters from bottom tier could shit all over Yukiteru if they wanted to

I'm guessing they mean Yuki at the end of Mirai Nikki when he is actually god.
Feb 18, 2014 3:25 PM

Apr 2013
Forgetfulness said:
Cupquake said:
Forgetfulness said:

"Athletic girl; cannot use her godlike abilities because she is unaware of them."

Hahahahahahahahahahaha, no. Characters from bottom tier could shit all over Yukiteru if they wanted to
Haruhi is a god too. Thing is, both of them can't use their powers.

Haruhi is unaware of them, Yuki is

yeah, but I'm sure if someone attacked him he'd still be able to bash their shit in. If anything, murmur would rescue him
Feb 18, 2014 3:27 PM

Apr 2013
Cupquake said:
Forgetfulness said:
Cupquake said:
Forgetfulness said:

yeah, but I'm sure if someone attacked him he'd still be able to bash their shit in. If anything, murmur would rescue him
Some people in the Top list could kill him. Besides the gods in that show are bitches, they get old and die. What kind of god does that? A shitty god.
an egomaniac and a fool

Feb 18, 2014 3:28 PM

Oct 2010
On Haruhi, I guess the list forgot to mention that destroying her could mean basically destroying the universe, so if she's put to fight with whatever battle shonen main it is much likely that things get way worse for said main than for Haruhi. She can put the whole world and its timeline upside down when she's in distress, like come on.
Feb 18, 2014 3:37 PM

Apr 2013
Forgetfulness said:
Cupquake said:
Forgetfulness said:
Cupquake said:
Forgetfulness said:

1. Murmur doesn't count. She's a different being
2. Most of the characters on here are far superior to Yuki in physical combat
3. How does being a god of time/space even help him? I don't recall those powers being used much at all except maybe near the end and even then, I don't think they were used in combat.

I mean, something like Homura's and Kiritsugu's time powers would be useful, but it hasn't been shown that gods in Mirai Nikki can do that

I assume the 'god of time and space' can control time and space
Feb 18, 2014 3:39 PM

Apr 2013
Cupquake said:

Dio Brando can stop time for 10 seconds, he's also immortal, a fucking vampire and stronger than shitty Yuki, yet he's a tier lower.

The person who made it is probably a future diary fanboy.
an egomaniac and a fool

Feb 18, 2014 3:39 PM

Apr 2013
Forgetfulness said:
Cupquake said:
Forgetfulness said:
Cupquake said:
Forgetfulness said:
Cupquake said:
Forgetfulness said:

1. Murmur doesn't count. She's a different being
2. Most of the characters on here are far superior to Yuki in physical combat
3. How does being a god of time/space even help him? I don't recall those powers being used much at all except maybe near the end and even then, I don't think they were used in combat.

I mean, something like Homura's and Kiritsugu's time powers would be useful, but it hasn't been shown that gods in Mirai Nikki can do that
I also assume that gods can't die from old age. Oh wai-

But 'time and space' is in the name. idk, mirai nikki just didn't make sense
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Do you fantasize about anime while you sleep?

Alpha_1_Zero - 11 hours ago

26 by Oofmastre9000 »»
8 seconds ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

75 by L0bsterman »»
22 minutes ago

» Did you know that anime is amazing?

KryzakamiHrybami - Yesterday

21 by L0bsterman »»
24 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

117 by Kdog1998 »»
27 minutes ago

» Post the Last Anime Items you bought ( 1 2 )

SpeedyAlchemist - Mar 10

69 by MasterTasuke »»
53 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.