MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Sgt Frog Dub Episodes 1-4 are on Funi's video page now
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Keroro Gunsou »» Sgt Frog Dub Episodes 1-4 are on Funi's video page now

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
08-03-09, 12:38 AM

FUNimation has now made the first four dubbed episodes (and the first two subbed episodes) of Keroro Gunsou/Sgt. Frog available on their video page.

Go here to select/view the Episodes: http://www4.funimation.com/video/?page=show&b=223

My thoughts on the English Dub? I LOVE it :)!

Please upload Episodes 5+ FUNimation ^_^!

08-03-09, 5:24 AM

Yea, I watched the first episode a while back on a Funimation sample disc, and it is hilarious!! And a very good dub taboot...the first boxset comes out in 2 weeks. Urahara Out!!

08-03-09, 9:39 PM

MrHatandClogs said:
Yea, I watched the first episode a while back on a Funimation sample disc, and it is hilarious!! And a very good dub taboot...the first boxset comes out in 2 weeks. Urahara Out!!

It's coming out in September, not August.

By the way, why haven't you watched Episodes 2-4 on FUNi's Video page yet?

08-04-09, 12:01 AM

So far so good Funi...I really enjoyed it, even though they sacrificed a bit of plot for awesome humor. Episode 4's by far the best--Chris Sabat's a blast as Giroro, and the leekspin reference was win.

08-04-09, 2:44 AM

PikaHikariKT said:
So far so good Funi...I really enjoyed it, even though they sacrificed a bit of plot for awesome humor. Episode 4's by far the best--Chris Sabat's a blast as Giroro, and the leekspin reference was win.

I cant stop seeing Zoro whenever Giroro speaks xD.

08-06-09, 11:52 PM

Already preorder the dvd..Though it was good
expect fuyuki and his mom voices everything else was great
although I'm annoyed with them some of the changes.. =/
like references and stuff only time I lol'd was when natsumi said what you guys are multiplying like gremlins part

08-13-09, 12:26 PM

I don't think i'll ever accept the English because the original is too perfect DD:

08-13-09, 3:20 PM

banananyo said:
I don't think i'll ever accept the English because the original is too perfect DD:

How much of the English DUB have you seen?

08-21-09, 11:27 PM

Naturally. IMO, the mix of humor and seriousness is where he shines (and something we don't get enough of when it comes to Piccolo and Vegeta).

Similarly, seems Todd Haberkorn's in his element after the apparently embarrassing antics of Hikaru in OHSHC. I'm never gonna let go of the irony that Keroro's ADV voice actor was Vic.:p

08-22-09, 3:32 PM

PikaHikariKT said:

Naturally. IMO, the mix of humor and seriousness is where he shines (and something we don't get enough of when it comes to Piccolo and Vegeta).

Similarly, seems Todd Haberkorn's in his element after the apparently embarrassing antics of Hikaru in OHSHC. I'm never gonna let go of the irony that Keroro's ADV voice actor was Vic.:p

I still find it funny that zoro = giroro, but w/e.

08-29-09, 1:24 PM

oh man, those people are really screwing up with the english voice actings and all.

(sigh) of course, what do you expect? english dubbers always know when to ruin good anime, like what 4kids did by destroying all the anime shows they put in, especially one piece and shaman king. but pok'emon and yugioh, they're made to be involved in it. although pok'emon did escape 4kids' grip since pok'emon battle frontier, but yugioh, it just stayed behind.

08-30-09, 7:46 PM

OverlordRobby said:
oh man, those people are really screwing up with the english voice actings and all.

(sigh) of course, what do you expect? english dubbers always know when to ruin good anime, like what 4kids did by destroying all the anime shows they put in, especially one piece and shaman king. but pok'emon and yugioh, they're made to be involved in it. although pok'emon did escape 4kids' grip since pok'emon battle frontier, but yugioh, it just stayed behind.

Honestly it's NOT the english dubbing that bother's me
It's all the changes there doing I mean >_> I wouldn't mind a few amercian jokes in there but there really over doing it IMO and i love english dubs so yeah of course I'm disappointed.

08-31-09, 12:54 AM

I love FUNi's current english dub, I hope they don't change a thing for Episodes 5+ :).

08-31-09, 3:03 AM

Baby_Naruto said:
I love FUNi's current english dub, I hope they don't change a thing for Episodes 5+ :).

They won't.
They already got done dubbing the 3rd volume of sgt frog last time I heard.
I'm not trying to be rude here but Its just that I can't believe funimation was thinking this dub would pleased otaku fans =/
Modified by Animefan710, 08-31-09, 3:07 AM

09-01-09, 2:28 PM

Animefan710 said:
Baby_Naruto said:

They won't.
I'm not trying to be rude here but Its just that I can't believe funimation was thinking this dub would pleased otaku fans =/

They are on Season 1 Part 3 (or Season 2 Part 1) already?!

Coool =D.

09-01-09, 8:03 PM

I just got my DVD review copy of Sgt. Frog Season 1 Part 1, and wow, they changed a LOT in the dub. Not a true translation at all, yet not a complete revision like they did with Shinchan. I could enjoy what they did to Shinchan because I could think of it as a completely different show, but in this case, the changes aren't really to re-write it, it feels more like they are trying too hard to localize it. The original is funny enough. And it's kind of odd in the opening song subtitles to see them put "Kero" as "Gero". In the original Japanese opening, they have the lyrics listed there in Japanese, and it's "Kero" plain as day. Arg.

Ahhh, they keep subbing his Kerokerokero as Gerogerogero! wtf...

OMG, Gunsou's voice is awful, it sounds like... An adult man pretending to be a frog. Augh.

Natsumi and Fuyuki sound ok, no problem.

But wow, they totally changed the dialog! I think this may be closer to what they did to Shinchan than I first thought. I think I will have to just consider the dub to be a totally separate show and not related to the original at all, if I want to watch more of this.

I like Shinchan, but I have to think of it as unrelated to Crayon Shin-chan, lol. The Sgt Frog dub is funny enough, but so not a faithful adaptation.

09-01-09, 10:06 PM

MagicalEmi said:
I just got my DVD review copy of Sgt. Frog Season 1 Part 1

What do you mean by review copy?

09-01-09, 10:12 PM

I just got my DVD review copy of Sgt. Frog Season 1 Part 1, and wow, they changed a LOT in the dub. Not a true translation at all, yet not a complete revision like they did with Shinchan. I could enjoy what they did to Shinchan because I could think of it as a completely different show, but in this case, the changes aren't really to re-write it, it feels more like they are trying too hard to localize it. The original is funny enough. And it's kind of odd in the opening song subtitles to see them put "Kero" as "Gero". In the original Japanese opening, they have the lyrics listed there in Japanese, and it's "Kero" plain as day. Arg.

This is a series where the jokes are too obscure to understand. How many people are going to understand a reference to a famous Japanese comedian?

I'm not going to watch the episodes on the site yet because I want to save it fo the boxsets. Series like these aren't funny a second time.

09-02-09, 1:31 PM

KanjiiZ said:

This is a series where the jokes are too obscure to understand. How many people are going to understand a reference to a famous Japanese comedian?

I'm not going to watch the episodes on the site yet because I want to save it fo the boxsets. Series like these aren't funny a second time.

Honestly I would be fine if funimation replace america jokes with Japanese jokes that's not the problem there changing alot in the script >_> *sigh* IMO even though they changed the names back and gundam models this I wouldn't really want to watch the dub just because of that. =/ it just doesn't feel like "sgt frog" anymore to me
Modified by Animefan710, 09-02-09, 1:39 PM

09-02-09, 1:35 PM

Baby_Naruto said:
Animefan710 said:
Baby_Naruto said:

They won't.

They are on Season 1 Part 3 (or Season 2 Part 1) already?!

Coool =D.

Yes. But I hope they will try better on the dub by the 4th boxset ;_; At least a LITTLE bit improvement would be nice...It's make me sad seeing one of my favorite animes like this...

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices