Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 3, 2009 12:38 AM

Mar 2008
FUNimation has now made the first four dubbed episodes (and the first two subbed episodes) of Keroro Gunsou/Sgt. Frog available on their video page.

Go here to select/view the Episodes: http://www4.funimation.com/video/?page=show&b=223

My thoughts on the English Dub? I LOVE it :)!

Please upload Episodes 5+ FUNimation ^_^!

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 3, 2009 5:24 AM

Mar 2009
Yea, I watched the first episode a while back on a Funimation sample disc, and it is hilarious!! And a very good dub taboot...the first boxset comes out in 2 weeks. Urahara Out!!
Aug 3, 2009 9:39 PM

Mar 2008
MrHatandClogs said:
Yea, I watched the first episode a while back on a Funimation sample disc, and it is hilarious!! And a very good dub taboot...the first boxset comes out in 2 weeks. Urahara Out!!

It's coming out in September, not August.

By the way, why haven't you watched Episodes 2-4 on FUNi's Video page yet?

Aug 4, 2009 12:01 AM
Jul 2009
So far so good Funi...I really enjoyed it, even though they sacrificed a bit of plot for awesome humor. Episode 4's by far the best--Chris Sabat's a blast as Giroro, and the leekspin reference was win.
Aug 4, 2009 2:44 AM

Mar 2008
PikaHikariKT said:
So far so good Funi...I really enjoyed it, even though they sacrificed a bit of plot for awesome humor. Episode 4's by far the best--Chris Sabat's a blast as Giroro, and the leekspin reference was win.

I cant stop seeing Zoro whenever Giroro speaks xD.

Aug 6, 2009 11:52 PM

Jan 2009
Already preorder the dvd..Though it was good
expect fuyuki and his mom voices everything else was great
although I'm annoyed with them some of the changes.. =/
like references and stuff only time I lol'd was when natsumi said what you guys are multiplying like gremlins part
Aug 13, 2009 12:26 PM

Mar 2009
I don't think i'll ever accept the English because the original is too perfect DD:
Aug 13, 2009 3:20 PM

Mar 2008
banananyo said:
I don't think i'll ever accept the English because the original is too perfect DD:

How much of the English DUB have you seen?

Aug 21, 2009 11:27 PM
Jul 2009

Naturally. IMO, the mix of humor and seriousness is where he shines (and something we don't get enough of when it comes to Piccolo and Vegeta).

Similarly, seems Todd Haberkorn's in his element after the apparently embarrassing antics of Hikaru in OHSHC. I'm never gonna let go of the irony that Keroro's ADV voice actor was Vic.:p
Aug 22, 2009 3:32 PM

Mar 2008
PikaHikariKT said:

Naturally. IMO, the mix of humor and seriousness is where he shines (and something we don't get enough of when it comes to Piccolo and Vegeta).

Similarly, seems Todd Haberkorn's in his element after the apparently embarrassing antics of Hikaru in OHSHC. I'm never gonna let go of the irony that Keroro's ADV voice actor was Vic.:p

I still find it funny that zoro = giroro, but w/e.

Aug 29, 2009 1:24 PM

Apr 2009
oh man, those people are really screwing up with the english voice actings and all.

(sigh) of course, what do you expect? english dubbers always know when to ruin good anime, like what 4kids did by destroying all the anime shows they put in, especially one piece and shaman king. but pok'emon and yugioh, they're made to be involved in it. although pok'emon did escape 4kids' grip since pok'emon battle frontier, but yugioh, it just stayed behind.
Aug 30, 2009 7:46 PM

Jan 2009
OverlordRobby said:
oh man, those people are really screwing up with the english voice actings and all.

(sigh) of course, what do you expect? english dubbers always know when to ruin good anime, like what 4kids did by destroying all the anime shows they put in, especially one piece and shaman king. but pok'emon and yugioh, they're made to be involved in it. although pok'emon did escape 4kids' grip since pok'emon battle frontier, but yugioh, it just stayed behind.

Honestly it's NOT the english dubbing that bother's me
It's all the changes there doing I mean >_> I wouldn't mind a few amercian jokes in there but there really over doing it IMO and i love english dubs so yeah of course I'm disappointed.
Aug 31, 2009 12:54 AM

Mar 2008
I love FUNi's current english dub, I hope they don't change a thing for Episodes 5+ :).

Aug 31, 2009 3:03 AM

Jan 2009
Baby_Naruto said:
I love FUNi's current english dub, I hope they don't change a thing for Episodes 5+ :).

They won't.
They already got done dubbing the 3rd volume of sgt frog last time I heard.
I'm not trying to be rude here but Its just that I can't believe funimation was thinking this dub would pleased otaku fans =/
Animefan710Aug 31, 2009 3:07 AM
Sep 1, 2009 2:28 PM

Mar 2008
Animefan710 said:
Baby_Naruto said:

They won't.
I'm not trying to be rude here but Its just that I can't believe funimation was thinking this dub would pleased otaku fans =/

They are on Season 1 Part 3 (or Season 2 Part 1) already?!

Coool =D.

Sep 1, 2009 8:03 PM

Mar 2007
I just got my DVD review copy of Sgt. Frog Season 1 Part 1, and wow, they changed a LOT in the dub. Not a true translation at all, yet not a complete revision like they did with Shinchan. I could enjoy what they did to Shinchan because I could think of it as a completely different show, but in this case, the changes aren't really to re-write it, it feels more like they are trying too hard to localize it. The original is funny enough. And it's kind of odd in the opening song subtitles to see them put "Kero" as "Gero". In the original Japanese opening, they have the lyrics listed there in Japanese, and it's "Kero" plain as day. Arg.

Ahhh, they keep subbing his Kerokerokero as Gerogerogero! wtf...

OMG, Gunsou's voice is awful, it sounds like... An adult man pretending to be a frog. Augh.

Natsumi and Fuyuki sound ok, no problem.

But wow, they totally changed the dialog! I think this may be closer to what they did to Shinchan than I first thought. I think I will have to just consider the dub to be a totally separate show and not related to the original at all, if I want to watch more of this.

I like Shinchan, but I have to think of it as unrelated to Crayon Shin-chan, lol. The Sgt Frog dub is funny enough, but so not a faithful adaptation.
Sep 1, 2009 10:06 PM

Mar 2008
MagicalEmi said:
I just got my DVD review copy of Sgt. Frog Season 1 Part 1

What do you mean by review copy?

Sep 1, 2009 10:12 PM

Jul 2008
I just got my DVD review copy of Sgt. Frog Season 1 Part 1, and wow, they changed a LOT in the dub. Not a true translation at all, yet not a complete revision like they did with Shinchan. I could enjoy what they did to Shinchan because I could think of it as a completely different show, but in this case, the changes aren't really to re-write it, it feels more like they are trying too hard to localize it. The original is funny enough. And it's kind of odd in the opening song subtitles to see them put "Kero" as "Gero". In the original Japanese opening, they have the lyrics listed there in Japanese, and it's "Kero" plain as day. Arg.

This is a series where the jokes are too obscure to understand. How many people are going to understand a reference to a famous Japanese comedian?

I'm not going to watch the episodes on the site yet because I want to save it fo the boxsets. Series like these aren't funny a second time.
Sep 2, 2009 1:31 PM

Jan 2009
KanjiiZ said:

This is a series where the jokes are too obscure to understand. How many people are going to understand a reference to a famous Japanese comedian?

I'm not going to watch the episodes on the site yet because I want to save it fo the boxsets. Series like these aren't funny a second time.

Honestly I would be fine if funimation replace america jokes with Japanese jokes that's not the problem there changing alot in the script >_> *sigh* IMO even though they changed the names back and gundam models this I wouldn't really want to watch the dub just because of that. =/ it just doesn't feel like "sgt frog" anymore to me
Animefan710Sep 2, 2009 1:39 PM
Sep 2, 2009 1:35 PM

Jan 2009
Baby_Naruto said:
Animefan710 said:
Baby_Naruto said:

They won't.

Coool =D.

Yes. But I hope they will try better on the dub by the 4th boxset ;_; At least a LITTLE bit improvement would be nice...It's make me sad seeing one of my favorite animes like this...
Sep 2, 2009 4:45 PM

Mar 2008
Animefan710 said:
Baby_Naruto said:
Animefan710 said:
Baby_Naruto said:

They won't.

Coool =D.

Yes. But I hope they will try better on the dub by the 4th boxset ;_; At least a LITTLE bit improvement would be nice...It's make me sad seeing one of my favorite animes like this...

I like the english dub just the way it is, please don't change anything at all FUNimation :)!

Sep 2, 2009 6:42 PM

Jan 2009
Baby_Naruto said:
Animefan710 said:
Baby_Naruto said:
Animefan710 said:
Baby_Naruto said:

They won't.

Coool =D.

I like the english dub just the way it is, please don't change anything at all FUNimation :)!

Alot of people liked the dub and alot didn't I'm just saying a bit change wouldn't hurt the dub really IMO just a bit more faithful to the japanese script wouldn't hurt it I could care less about american jokes (Even though I hate them) as long as they don't go overboard on the script
Animefan710Sep 2, 2009 7:10 PM
Sep 7, 2009 9:29 PM

Mar 2008
Animefan710 said:
Baby_Naruto said:
Animefan710 said:
Baby_Naruto said:
Animefan710 said:
Baby_Naruto said:

They won't.

Coool =D.

Alot of people liked the dub and alot didn't I'm just saying a bit change wouldn't hurt the dub really IMO just a bit more faithful to the japanese script wouldn't hurt it I could care less about american jokes (Even though I hate them) as long as they don't go overboard on the script

I know what you're saying, but I'm afraid that they might change the voices and/or the names in the process.

Sep 18, 2009 5:28 PM

Jan 2009
Baby_Naruto said:
Animefan710 said:
Baby_Naruto said:
Animefan710 said:
Baby_Naruto said:
Animefan710 said:
Baby_Naruto said:

They won't.

Coool =D.

I know what you're saying, but I'm afraid that they might change the voices and/or the names in the process.

Names? They kept the all the names of the characters original so I don't see that happening and it would be dumb and nah the voices are perfectly fine they just need to calm down with these gags in the script a couple is fine heck episode 4 was brillant but so far episode 1,2,3 I've seen aren't really just that all that funny and some of the gags are just annoying IMO.
Sep 18, 2009 9:27 PM

Mar 2008
Animefan710 said:
Baby_Naruto said:
Animefan710 said:
Baby_Naruto said:
Animefan710 said:
Baby_Naruto said:
Animefan710 said:
Baby_Naruto said:

They won't.

Coool =D.

Names? They kept the all the names of the characters original so I don't see that happening and it would be dumb and nah the voices are perfectly fine they just need to calm down with these gags in the script a couple is fine heck episode 4 was brillant but so far episode 1,2,3 I've seen aren't really just that all that funny and some of the gags are just annoying IMO.

if you say they wont change the voices or the names I'll trust you lol

Oct 16, 2009 3:25 PM

Jan 2008
banananyo said:

It definitely is. I only watch the Sub. Even though I did watch the Dub and didn't hate it so much. I can't wait to buy the box sets! I love this in manga form, but the anime is way better. THANKS FUNimation
Oct 16, 2009 4:28 PM

Mar 2008
aoen said:
banananyo said:

It definitely is. I only watch the Sub. Even though I did watch the Dub and didn't hate it so much. I can't wait to buy the box sets! I love this in manga form, but the anime is way better. THANKS FUNimation

the first box set is out already, has episodes 1-13 on it.

Oct 17, 2009 10:44 AM

Apr 2009
Baby_Naruto said:
aoen said:
banananyo said:

WHAT?! THE WHOLE SEASON 1OF SGT. FROG HAS A BOX SET ALREADY COMING OUT?! WHEN DOES THAT COME OUT?!
Oct 17, 2009 2:11 PM

Mar 2008
OverlordRobby said:
Baby_Naruto said:
aoen said:
banananyo said:

WHAT?! THE WHOLE SEASON 1OF SGT. FROG HAS A BOX SET ALREADY COMING OUT?! WHEN DOES THAT COME OUT?!

I told you, only Episodes 1-13, and it's called Season 1 Part 1 by FUNimation.

And it's out already. It was released on September 22, 2009.

Today is October 17, 2009. Do the math =/.

Oct 18, 2009 8:57 AM

Apr 2009
Baby_Naruto said:
OverlordRobby said:
Baby_Naruto said:
aoen said:
banananyo said:

okay, so if that's true, then the rest of that season doesn't sho up 'til later. but it's gonna be hard to keep up since it's been 9 or 10 seasons that sgt. frog's been through so far in japan, maybe even more.
Oct 18, 2009 7:57 PM

Mar 2008
OverlordRobby said:
Baby_Naruto said:
OverlordRobby said:
Baby_Naruto said:
aoen said:
banananyo said:

okay, so if that's true, then the rest of that season doesn't sho up 'til later. but it's gonna be hard to keep up since it's been 9 or 10 seasons that sgt. frog's been through so far in japan, maybe even more.

You want proof? Go down to your local best Buy and look at a copy of the Set lol.

Oct 19, 2009 7:38 AM

Apr 2009
Baby_Naruto said:
OverlordRobby said:
Baby_Naruto said:
OverlordRobby said:
Baby_Naruto said:
aoen said:
banananyo said:

You want proof? Go down to your local best Buy and look at a copy of the Set lol.

dood, i totally believe you. i never said i don't believe you. and besides, i already know it's out there, and if the box set's out, i can always get that instead of the volumes.
Oct 21, 2009 1:55 AM

Mar 2008
OverlordRobby said:
Baby_Naruto said:
OverlordRobby said:
Baby_Naruto said:
OverlordRobby said:
Baby_Naruto said:
aoen said:
banananyo said:

dood, i totally believe you. i never said i don't believe you. and besides, i already know it's out there, and if the box set's out, i can always get that instead of the volumes.

FUNimation has only released it via Box Sets. They stopped doing singles for stuff awhile ago.

Dec 11, 2009 5:43 PM
Jul 2009
The video portal has been releasing the rest of the dub eps on a weekly basis for a while now. They just completed part 1 today with episodes 11 through 13.

Kululu sounds a lot better now (his laugh has switched back to the original "ku-ku-ku~"), and ep 13 is our first listen of Dororo (pretty good IMO).
Dec 20, 2009 10:54 PM

Mar 2008
PikaHikariKT said:
The video portal has been releasing the rest of the dub eps on a weekly basis for a while now. They just completed part 1 today with episodes 11 through 13.

Kululu sounds a lot better now (his laugh has switched back to the original "ku-ku-ku~"), and ep 13 is our first listen of Dororo (pretty good IMO).

Episodes 14-26 can be found for download both dubbed and dual audio by now lol.

Feb 15, 2010 9:29 AM

Apr 2009
Baby_Naruto said:
PikaHikariKT said:

yeah, they totally out done themselves with the dubbing. it sounds just like how i expected to be since after eading the manga .
Mar 16, 2010 2:31 AM

Mar 2008
OverlordRobby said:
Baby_Naruto said:
PikaHikariKT said:

yeah, they totally out done themselves with the dubbing. it sounds just like how i expected to be since after eading the manga .

Yup the dub is awesome

Mar 16, 2010 2:54 AM

Mar 2007
The dub is pretty epic. Jokes are more westernized and all. Watching the subs, its hard to get some of the jokes when the translator notes aren't present.

"What happens when we die?" I know that the ones who love us will miss us.
Mar 16, 2010 4:55 PM

Mar 2008
Ranivus said:
The dub is pretty epic. Jokes are more westernized and all. Watching the subs, its hard to get some of the jokes when the translator notes aren't present.

#DBNL just released their dual audio encodes of Episodes 27-39 (Season Two Part One), I'm of to download them right now.

(DBNL rips the dvd box sets by funimation)

Mar 17, 2010 10:30 AM

Apr 2009
i was gonna find the episode to where i left off after reading the manga, but sadly, all the episodes are so mixed up, i can't seem to find it. i'm in volume 11 so far.
Nov 2, 2010 12:22 PM

Dec 2009
Sorry if this has been said before me....

Unfortunately, all of the the episodes dubbed are now off their website and Hulu [they are just embedding the Hulu videos unto the official video site]. Whenever you try to watch a dubbed episode, the player says "Sorry, but these videos are now expired. You can enjoy any of these other videos". However, they are keeping the subbed episodes up which is a ginormous plus in my book X'3
Nov 18, 2010 9:47 AM

Jul 2009
Same here.
I've never really cared for any English dubs (Because I'm not from an English speaking country) or any other dubs in particular, so I'll always stick to the original.
And really, the original Keroro Gunsou series was and still are awesome like heck!

If I only lived in the US and could watch the episodes online on HULU...
Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle!
Nov 18, 2010 6:13 PM

Dec 2009
Exactly! I think original is far better than dubbed. To be honest. But, meh. I am probably a big bunch of bias here. Since, I started watching this series in Japanese audio and English subbed since 2005....

However, I don't like English dubs of anything to be honest. And, I live in America, too |D
Nov 22, 2010 10:58 AM

Mar 2008
I love the english dub, sucks that funimation dropped the show after episode 51.

Nov 22, 2010 11:46 AM

Dec 2009
Oh, I know! It is really bad that they did that. There are now something like 330+ episodes officially - so, you'll never get the whole story if you live in America and don't look for Anime online [but, who doesn't nowadays? |D]. I feel bad for the series - 51 episodes doesn't even scratch the surface. And, you don't even get to the legendary episodes until 50 episodes later ;_;
Nov 30, 2010 12:46 AM

Mar 2008
sillyker0nian said:
Oh, I know! It is really bad that they did that. There are now something like 330+ episodes officially - so, you'll never get the whole story if you live in America and don't look for Anime online [but, who doesn't nowadays? |D]. I feel bad for the series - 51 episodes doesn't even scratch the surface. And, you don't even get to the legendary episodes until 50 episodes later ;_;

I do plan on watching eps 52+ subbed.

Nov 30, 2010 2:05 PM

Sep 2008
Keroro sub> keroro dub
by far also there should be more people on mal watching keroro gunso and update the movie infomations.

also about the eps

this is what I all have ;) (downloading movie 5 tho)

I could upload them to my server, also if anyone has a nice raw version of keroro movie 3 I would love to have it cuz I cant find a good version of it, and I can just resub it with the subs from the one I have now cuz it has crap quality, also its an WMV LOL
Dec 1, 2010 8:44 PM

Mar 2008
I'd only need fansubs for Episodes 52-103 and the Movies.

By the way, are there any decent fansubs for Episodes 104+?

Dec 16, 2010 3:48 PM

Mar 2008
Jousway said:
http://tracker.weedy.ca:8396/index.html?search=keroro

Most of the torrents are dead, do you have any DDLs?

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Keroro Gunsou Episode 42 Discussion

neji64plms - Aug 18, 2011

1 by WingWint457 »»
Apr 1, 8:46 AM

Poll: » Keroro Gunsou Episode 3 Discussion

giraffesyo - Jul 22, 2012

4 by Dolcett »»
Nov 19, 2023 11:21 AM

» gunsou

yahyaduale - Aug 28, 2023

1 by Fakedutchess4903 »»
Aug 28, 2023 7:18 PM

Poll: » Keroro Gunsou Episode 32 Discussion

nyanbinary - May 2, 2020

1 by Ashhk »»
Aug 11, 2023 11:43 PM

Poll: » Keroro Gunsou Episode 31 Discussion

nyanbinary - May 2, 2020

2 by Ashhk »»
Aug 11, 2023 12:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.