Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Mar 18, 2014 5:05 PM

Jun 2011
Good to see Ross back again, I liked her oath of loyalty and the salute. Riza, don't tell me she's going to bite the dust! Please no! Mustang was so cool and funny when he was on the phone with Riza. XD Anyway, great episode!
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 3, 2014 9:59 PM

Jul 2013
I knew Mustang had a plan! My faith in him is restored. To be honest, I don't know where this anime could be heading, I haven't read the manga or seen FMA. What could the father want from the philosophers stone? If it's something stupid like world domination, I will honestly cry from frustration.

Also, the father looked really similar to the guy from the myth.
Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!
- Doflamingo
Jun 9, 2014 3:23 AM

Aug 2013
Haha knew it but it seems like the Homunculus are onto them and shit's about to go down :/
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Sep 24, 2014 9:32 AM

Jan 2014
Didn't remember the reveal to be that soon.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Dec 24, 2014 11:31 AM

Oct 2014
wanted ross to be dead tbh
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 27, 2014 9:42 PM

Aug 2014
Roy Mustang is such an epic character. 10/10 this anime is unpredictable for me.
Dec 29, 2014 5:46 PM
May 2012
Ha, I knew it!! Now, I feel like an accomplished detective ahahaha. To think that I was right about Barry the Choppah, too.
Mustang, you awesome bastard!!
Heh, so that's what Winry's parents looks like, huh. It could be that Scar just got his arm from his brother and went rampage and killed her parents.

PrimeX said:
I knew Ross is alive!

lol why is Barry helping them anyway??

For the lulz.
Mar 29, 2015 2:34 PM

Apr 2014
ahh everything is going so fast, it's difficult to keep up. Mustang is hilarious when he talks in that voice
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 18, 2015 4:33 AM

Apr 2013
So as expected Ross is still alive. Seems like Riza will be in trouble next episode.
May 12, 2015 10:42 AM

Jun 2011
owlpoop said:
ahh everything is going so fast, it's difficult to keep up. Mustang is hilarious when he talks in that voice

Haha yea! I'm finally starting to like Mustang :3
Jul 17, 2015 6:48 AM

Jun 2015
so that were winry parents who saved ishbalans
Jul 20, 2015 3:54 PM

Jul 2013
Lol clever Roy Mustang...very very clever..... The cliffhanger though, oh boy I hope Riza can escape
Jul 22, 2015 8:06 PM

Oct 2014
Well shit, Scar has it coming his way now. Glad to see Winry's family fleshed out a bit here. Gluttony vs Hawkeye? Hmm, I have a feeling they'll both live through that. Then again, "death of the undying"? Could that mean Gluttony is done for? Interesting.

But most of all... Ross is alive! Brilliant plan by Mustang.
Aug 23, 2015 5:18 PM

Jul 2009
Ed shirtless! :D
It was clear that Mustang would save Ross...
Ed decided that he will revenge the Rockbells
And the real body of Barry shows up, I don't remember much but I hope Riza is going to be alright.
Dec 10, 2015 11:11 AM
Nov 2014
Good on you Roy, Barry is such a fun character to watch. I love that guy.
Dec 19, 2015 7:09 AM

Nov 2011
Interesting episode, not for the newfound Maria, but for what happens next, the stories are very different from the FMA, the scenario on Rockbell and more carry much fervor in history because of the difference, not bad dialogues during the narration, drawings and animations average. The twist on the operation of espionage carried out by Mustang, receive my favor. ^_^
Jan 11, 2016 10:23 PM

Jul 2013
It's like a snow avalanche came in roll. Barry vs. Barry LOL that was so funny.

I'm so glad that Maria is alive, but I had a feeling that she will be protected by her friends. Sneaky Mustang :D

Oh god Ed's reaction when he found out who killed Winrys parents. That will go crazy.

And pls no Riza has to fight against Gluttony, when something happened to her I will be so mad, because she's such a great character, so pls no ;_ ;

Jan 31, 2016 8:31 AM

Jan 2010
So that's what happened to winry's parents...that damn scar
Also, Maria is alive :D yay

Barry is kinda cool :)

4/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Sep 25, 2016 12:37 PM

May 2014
THANK THE GODS I TAKE BACK EVERYTHING I SAID SHE'S OKAY
Nov 24, 2016 3:28 AM

Aug 2016
Roy Mustang has delivered a perfect deception right there....
well anyways goodbye Maria, hope you well in the foreign land
Dec 4, 2016 1:09 PM

Dec 2014
I hated that Barry sooo much in 2003 version...
Is it weird that I kinda like him right now? XD

And I had a feeling it would turn out something like this with Maria's case ^^
Jan 24, 2017 3:00 PM

Jul 2015
Man this show is really good. I love how everything is all connected with one another. So many feels as of lately.. Ed/Al/Winry finding out about Hughes death, and now this episode, Ed finding out about the cause of Winry's parents' death... omg

caught in the wonder
Jan 27, 2017 4:25 AM

Jan 2016
I knew it, Mustang had a plan
I'm so looking forward to Ed meeting Scar again after he knows what happened to Winry's parents
Feb 27, 2017 4:33 PM

Jun 2013
The plot twists! And Mustang is a genius.
"The will to live is stronger than anything else"
Apr 7, 2017 1:32 PM

May 2016
The atmosphere sure got tense, I hope that woman will be safe against that Ghoul.
Jun 3, 2017 11:34 AM
Apr 2017
Everything regarding plot has been already said.
Mustang is the best! And I almost began to think he's going mad or sth. Silly me.

On a different note... when did Edward get abs?! :3
(Shallow girl mode.)
ToriShimeJun 3, 2017 11:54 AM
Jun 17, 2017 7:08 PM

Jan 2013
Good, it's confirmed it was all a way for Ross to escape. - There was no way Mustang would believe a rumour that quick and act on it.

Funny to see Barry fight his own body.
Also it seems instead of Mustang, Scar killed Winry's parents.
Aug 4, 2017 1:41 PM

Nov 2016
I take back what I said about Mustang after last episode.
Dec 10, 2017 1:19 AM
Jan 2017
OH, HELL YEAAA! When I first read/watched this, these where my favourite episodes/chapters. I remember there was a filler episode from the 2003 version that was light hearted day in the life of Mustang and his man. And I loved it, since then I was hoping for some kind of spin off with these characters.

And now I’m watching Mustang smock out the enemy with clever planning and organising. If Hiromu Arakawa makes another action adventure manga, I hope she bases it on these kinds of adventures. These few episodes are infinitely better than anything I saw in jormungand.
Dec 21, 2017 1:51 AM

Apr 2016
Best anime and good episode
BRAWLERS
Mar 13, 2018 11:56 AM

Dec 2009
Fucking Scar killed the Rockbells? The inevitable fight between Edward and Scar became a grudge match now.

Cannot wait!
Jan 11, 2019 6:03 PM

Jun 2015
okay roy is cool now, i had my doubts about him after he "killed" maria but it's all good now.
it looks like scar killed winry's parents, ed is gonna beat the crap out of him when he figures it out for sure
Jan 15, 2019 12:47 PM

Oct 2013
Maria Ross is,alive! As I thought, Mustang wouldn't simply kill her, and with his mind that kind of an intrigue was really possible.

Xerxes looked nice. We also learned some more about Winry's parents.

And that ending... I dislike bad cliffhangers, but this one was definitely very good. I hope everything is gonna be alright eventually.
Jan 17, 2019 10:43 AM

Oct 2015
What? Killing the people who tended his injuries on battlefield is so uncharacteristic of Scar. He spared the life of the Amestrian who betrayed him and sold him to the military. Surely he wouldn't kill the people whom he's indebted to. He's no bloodthirsty psychopath. There had better be a good explanation or I'm calling bullshit with this one. Roy's phone sequence was brilliant, the guy's a genius! We haven't seen May for a while, I hope she'll have more screentime. Ever since the pace slowed up a bit the episodes were improving steadily. I'm satisfied with where the show's going.

3.5/5
Apr 4, 2019 12:13 AM

May 2016
I was wondering why so many people still love Roy despite what he just did to Maria but once I found out what actually happened that night, I let out one of the biggest sighs of relief I had in a while and ended up loving his character a lot more because that final part of his complicated escape plan was done so brilliantly. I can't believe that I was happy to get fooled. I hope she'll get to Xing safely.

The Ishbalans weren't entirely exterminated after all and a lot of them were really familiar with the Rockbells. Scar being Winry's parents' murderer really was an unfortunate surprise.

Barry's having fun fighting his own body but Rize's in really big trouble, getting cornered by Gluttony in a tower of all places. The preview's very worrying too...

Aug 20, 2019 1:07 PM
Aug 2019
So Roy explains his plan to save Maria Ross and try to expose the homunculi.

Also, Scar killed Winry's parents. The explanation will come later, but this will make the fight between Ed and Scar even better
Nov 4, 2019 2:12 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Very good new that Ross is alive, I really thought she has been killed.
It was a very good episode.
Mar 20, 2020 4:15 PM

Feb 2020
YESSS MUSTANG MY MAIN MAN PULLED THROUGH i hoped he didn't kill ross and i was right!!!!!!!!! what a guy what a legend what a squad! but i hope riza is ok, gluttony better not touch a hair on her head
Jun 13, 2020 9:18 PM
Feb 2019
I'm about to watch episode 18 now, so far this anime is good but nothing extraordinary, I'm sure it will get better but I'm 18 episodes in and I'm not "hooked in" yet, on the other hand, Steins;Gate had me "hooked in" since episode 13.

The thing I'm disliking about this anime is that it has plenty of comedy in inappropriate times, for example, when the anime tries to get serious they insert a random comedy out of nowhere and I simply can't take an anime seriously like this, they are overusing that shtick and it started to get old for me, I'm not liking that.

When Steins;Gate decided to get serious it was serious from beginning to end, this one however has comedy in those serious moments and I'm not liking that one bit.

By this point I consider this a 7/10 anime, I hope this gets better.
Aug 26, 2020 3:52 PM

Mar 2016
i had mustang all the way wrong, i am glad about it though because it was a nice surprise :)

4/5

Nov 11, 2020 8:02 AM

Jul 2017
Good episode overall. Although it is weird seeing the difference of who murdered Winry's parents during the Ishval war when comparing the original to this. Still, a good scene there nonetheless. Plus it was nice seeing Lieutenant Ross safe and she heads to Xing to stay there on the DL for now after everything that happened in Amestris surrounding the allegations and her being 'dead' by Roy Mustang's flames.
Jan 24, 2021 1:30 PM
Jan 2021
I thought this episode was really good. The backstory of everything was so interesting and good to know. The cliffhanger is cruel but awesome lol
“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.” ― Albert Einstein
Feb 15, 2021 5:18 PM

Jul 2020
wooooooah Great episode

I knew it, Mustang wouldn't kill Rose just easily, that was very genius of him. And now the death of Winry's parents is revealed. This would get pretty good

I fukin love Barry now XD

Jun 28, 2021 9:55 PM

Jun 2021
Hawkeye vs Gluttony
Barry the chopper vs Barry the chopper

Winry parents were killed by scar.
Miss Ross Is alive going to Xing.

Aug 28, 2021 7:51 PM

Apr 2020
the Ross the thing was so obvious from the last episode. y r people so surprised?
water
Dec 8, 2021 10:38 AM
Nov 2020
I love the way Mustang throws Ross into the dumpster lol
Feb 21, 2022 11:28 PM

Feb 2021
Another bad episode. I don't get why they wouldn't just kill off Ross for good instead of retconning the whole last episode, since it once again portrays Mustang as a "good guy" to appeal to the fans and she doesn't have an important role in the story alive anyway. Really leaves an unsatisfying feeling

Is it just me or am I the only one who's bothered by the fact that a fucking serial killer joins the supporting cast for no reason than to be some comedic tool? It even bothered me when I was younger, but more so now

Ishvalans pull up from literally nowhere who just so happen to know about Winry's parents and who killed them so Ed would actually have a purpose for being dragged out here other than why not. It just so happens to be the one person he allows himself to hate so one thing leads to another I guess. I'm starting to realize this whole story was just based on conveniences and coincidences the more I think about it

Best part was Armstrong running shirtless tho ngl
May 6, 2022 5:15 PM
Apr 2022
Once they arrive in Resembool, Edward and
Armstrong meet up with Heymans Breda, who takes them to the ruins of Xerxes. Once there, they discover that Ross is still alive, and that
Mustang faked her death in order to draw out those responsible for Hughes' death. After the brief reunion, Ross decides to hide out in Xing with Fu, but promises to return if she is ever needed. After Ross' departure, Edward explores the ruins further and encounters a group of
Ishbalan refugees, who reveal that it was Scar who had killed Winry's parents during the lshbal civil war. Meanwhile, Barry's human body, which is now nothing more than a crazed animal, attacks
Falman and Barry back in Central. However, with the assistance of Jean Havoc, they manage to subdue Barry's human body. Hawkeye, also there with them, is then attacked by Gluttony. (Source:
Wikipedia)
Jul 2, 2022 5:51 AM
Jan 2015
this episode was aight
Sep 21, 2022 11:45 AM
Jul 2021
it was ok, nothing ultra good, but ok
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

samatar45 - Oct 2, 2009

286 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Oct 11, 2009

296 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

» What’s bad about this anime ( 1 2 3 )

sangonomiya_k - Nov 18, 2023

132 by Chewbaccaccino »»
Apr 21, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

adamantine - Aug 16, 2009

215 by JoeyBadaSS »»
Apr 20, 10:29 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 64 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 4, 2010

965 by _dziku »»
Apr 19, 2:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.