Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 30, 2009 2:11 PM

Jun 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Did anybody watch this yet?
omg best episode i watched in MY LIFE
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL
Jul 30, 2009 2:35 PM

Aug 2008
I just did, even tho i've only watched it raw i have to admit it was pretty damn good.
Jul 30, 2009 2:48 PM

Jun 2009
Iazrien said:
I just did, even tho i've only watched it raw i have to admit it was pretty damn good.

I watched it raw too<3
i love this episode soooo much!
Jul 30, 2009 2:52 PM

Jul 2008
yes she's alive, the anime is following Eren's ending arc

While that is the ending that has most chances to happen, it still doesn't follow it. Episode 24 or 25 is the one in which the final decision is brought.
Jul 30, 2009 2:57 PM

Jun 2009
Nayrael said:

While that is the ending that has most chances to happen, it still doesn't follow it. Episode 24 or 25 is the one in which the final decision is brought.

=_=
just an assumption lol.
well this is my desired ending. let me fangirl+_+
Jul 30, 2009 6:09 PM

Nov 2007
The house has been burned!

Oh, that guy was Claudia's younger brother instead and Lizzy was involved.

Scythe master used bad words about Zwei to order Ein to attack Zwei... Scythe master still creeps me.

Lizzy killed Claudia, correct?

Wow, Ein actually shed tear (has feeling).
tsubasaloverJul 30, 2009 6:47 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 30, 2009 6:52 PM

Jun 2009
tsubasalover said:
The house has been burned!

Oh, that guy was Claudia's younger brother instead and Lizzy was involved.

Scythe master used bad words about Zwei to order Ein to attack Zwei... Scythe master still creeps me.

Lizzy killed Claudia, correct?

Wow, Ein actually shed tear (has feeling).

what do u mean by claudia's younger brother.
u mean romero?
and yes lizzie killed Claudia.=]
Jul 31, 2009 12:41 AM

Jan 2008

Hope not...
Jul 31, 2009 3:50 AM

Jul 2008
Just watched the RAW.

It seems that next week we will have another recap :D
I am NOT entertained >_>

EDIT: Actually, after checking some spoiler screens on the official blog, it seems that most of the episode is anime-only content centered on Cal remembering past events.
NayraelJul 31, 2009 4:47 AM
Jul 31, 2009 12:20 PM

Jun 2009
Nayrael said:
Just watched the RAW.

I am NOT entertained >_>

EDIT: Actually, after checking some spoiler screens on the official blog, it seems that most of the episode is anime-only content centered on Cal remembering past events.

yeaup
i checked the official website to
next epi,
is just about Cal +_+ and hopefully
after the next episode we WILL SEE
something like 3 years later or something;D BWAHAHA
seriously this episode was the best of the series yet...!
Aug 2, 2009 9:55 AM

Sep 2008
urgh wth are subs? T___T
Aug 2, 2009 3:08 PM

Jan 2008
it's monday and still no sub :((
Aug 2, 2009 4:03 PM

Jul 2009
Nayrael said:
Just watched the RAW.

I am NOT entertained >_>

Who cares about Recap or not, as long as its Cal-center, I'll always <333 & 5/5-ed it.

BitchMasterAug 3, 2009 2:40 PM

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Aug 2, 2009 10:46 PM

Apr 2009
i wonder what's wrong with inferno subs this week.. just why don't they have an official site anyway..
Aug 2, 2009 10:56 PM

Jul 2009
argilium said:
i wonder what's wrong with inferno subs this week.. just why don't they have an official site anyway..

Lemme guess... Prolly some stupid thing involved with Not-At-All-Funimation. GDO dammit, since the day they licensed Phantom, they already screwed it twice. Even Crunchyshit...I mean...Crunchyroll was better than this #$%@#.

Aug 3, 2009 5:10 AM

Sep 2008
their subs always were on 3 day maybe Inferno guys are on holidays or something :<

just why don't they have an official site anyway..

weren't there rumours that Inferno=Eclipse and they are just hiding ?
but funny thing i don't even know whats funimation :|
Aug 3, 2009 5:21 AM

Jul 2008
weren't there rumours that Inferno=Eclipse and they are just hiding ?

Eclipse doesn't care if the anime is liecensed or not.
I think that just some of Eclipse staff work in Inferno thus resulting in Eclipse and Inferno looking similiar,

but funny thing i don't even know whats funimation :|

American company that translates anime. Whenever they liecense a new anime, they forbid fansubbers to sub that same anime.
Aug 3, 2009 5:25 AM

Jan 2009
Neilikki said:
their subs always were on 3 day maybe Inferno guys are on holidays or something :<

They just finished their backlog and uploaded episodes 5 & 6 yesterday, so I don't think it's anything like that.
Aug 3, 2009 2:30 PM

Jun 2009
Gotta be patient guys.!
the sub will come out definetly.
This episode must wtch with subs
i was so clueless watching it raw
becuase alot of stuff happened in this eipsode!
Aug 3, 2009 2:53 PM

Sep 2008
American company that translates anime. Whenever they liecense a new anime, they forbid fansubbers to sub that same anime.

so....do they even translate each episode on time?
Aug 3, 2009 4:22 PM

May 2009
Neilikki said:

No because that would mean funimation was on the ball about something, and seeing as they were unable to keep their video site up (it was down for like a month) how would they ever be able to post anime on time. At best they are about a week behind on episodes...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Aug 3, 2009 5:35 PM

Jun 2009
Neilikki said:

No funinmation is very slow at subbing><
Aug 3, 2009 7:03 PM

May 2009
Err wait... I meant to say they used to translate them on time. Then they decided that they were going to e down for a month and then take another month to catch up, only to constantly stay an episode behind.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Aug 4, 2009 12:09 PM

Jan 2009
I'm getting withdrawal symptoms again...
Aug 5, 2009 12:47 AM

Jan 2008
finally the subbed version is out...thank you Inferno!!! ^_^
patlagikAug 5, 2009 4:34 AM
Aug 5, 2009 4:53 AM

Apr 2009
where? can't find it..
Aug 5, 2009 5:01 AM

Jan 2008
i don't understand...how did she survived?
patlagikAug 5, 2009 5:30 AM
Aug 5, 2009 5:52 AM

Sep 2008
argilium said:
where? can't find it..

animetake.com ;)

thanks my lord, i was begining to be desperate, i hope tommorrows episode will be sooner than this one.
Aug 5, 2009 6:03 AM

Jan 2009
patlagik said:

It was a superfical wound, when she took that shot for scythe and she was trained to be a assassin so...

Claudia died D:
Aug 5, 2009 6:55 AM

Jun 2008
Wow, that was good. I fangirled when Ein and Reiji got together!! You know wat, I do feel sorry for Claudia. I think she gave up when Reiji did not turn up during the meeting time.
Aug 5, 2009 7:01 AM

Jan 2008
AlliedG said:
patlagik said:

It was a superfical wound, when she took that shot for scythe and she was trained to be a assassin so...

Claudia died D:

when i was asking about how she survived, i was talking about Cal :P
Aug 5, 2009 7:40 AM

Mar 2008
What about Cal?
She was not in the house and all.
Aug 5, 2009 8:30 AM

Apr 2009
whoaa.. what a reiji x elen episode.. hope that in the next episode, if it is a recap, they should put something that captures interest.. much like what they did with ep 11..
Aug 5, 2009 8:46 AM

May 2009
realy nice episode
I`M A MURDERER
Aug 5, 2009 8:58 AM
Dec 2007
Good final episode, it was a pretty definitive and radical ending. Huh, what, it wasn't the last episode? Oh and next episode will be a recap? How great.

On a side note, I'm getting seriously fed up about people getting killed and revived some episodes later. It's definitely not a good scenaristic concept and it can only screw a show, nothing more. Now it's Claudia and Cal's time to revive (well, it's not like we actually saw Claudia being killed by Lizzie, so it may very well be a fake). Oh but maybe I could make an exception for Claudia, since she is by far the best character in the series.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Aug 5, 2009 9:15 AM

Jul 2009
Jacut said:
Good final episode, it was a pretty definitive and radical ending. Huh, what, it wasn't the last episode? Oh and next episode will be a recap? How great.Oh but maybe I could make an exception for Claudia, since she is by far the best character in the series.

Yeah !!! It can not be the last episode, not until I got mah Cal X Reiji ending... Bwa hahaha...

@ Claudia : Heck yeah, your right, she can not be dead, WHORE POWAH FTW !!! All hail WHORE POWAH !!!

Aug 5, 2009 9:16 AM

Jul 2008
So it was a Ein X Reiji episode
OMG just when i thought all hopes are gone
SHE , yes SHE appears in the preview
Aug 5, 2009 9:22 AM

Oct 2008
The scene with Lizzy having to kill Claudia...was really nice.
>.>; As awkward as that may sound, I thought it was pretty well animated and all that. *Cough*
Can't wait until the next episode!
Aug 5, 2009 9:51 AM

Feb 2009
So is Cal alive or not? And is she gonna be made into one of those Scythe Master puppets?
Aug 5, 2009 9:52 AM

Jul 2008
So is Cal alive or not? And is she gonna be made into one of those Scythe Master puppets?

It is pretty obvious that she survived. All the hints and the fact that she still didn't have a real purpose in the story makes her survival 100% certain. I can't even believe that some peopel actually tought she was dead. Well, episode 18 and the preview gave absolute evidence that she is alive.

On a side note, I'm getting seriously fed up about people getting killed and revived some episodes later. It's definitely not a good scenaristic concept and it can only screw a show, nothing more. Now it's Claudia and Cal's time to revive (well, it's not like we actually saw Claudia being killed by Lizzie, so it may very well be a fake). Oh but maybe I could make an exception for Claudia, since she is by far the best character in the series.

Claudia is dead. Unlike Ellen's and Cal's "death", Claudia got a (true) dramatic scene and she fullfilled her role in teh story and in the anime means the characters is dead.

VN spoiler:

As for ressurection incident: I'll agree that Ellen's death was a cheap shoot, but as you will see later in chapter 3, Cal's "death" is important for the story and doesn't exist to make the watcher believe that she is dead (a hell, there was a big lot of hints that she survived) and then yell: "LOOK, SHE IS ALIVE!!", but to make Reiji believe that. Reiji's belief that she is dead is the base of the upcoming arc (aka chapter 3).
In other words, rather then being a cheap shot or something that reduces the quality of the story, this "death" actually improves the story. And quite frankly, when you actually know what this "death" causes, the scene is more emotional then if you really do believe that she died.

SHE , yes SHE appears in the preview

Well, get used on her. She is a major character from now.
NayraelAug 5, 2009 10:04 AM
Aug 5, 2009 9:58 AM

May 2008
Don't go to Mexico D: You'll get Swine Flu.

Anyways, I'm glad Reiji and Elen are back together for now. I feel bad for Cal though :/

Aug 5, 2009 2:20 PM

Jan 2009
Good episode. Reji and Elen are back with each other and Claudia was killed. Not bad, not bad.

This ending arc looks like it's gonna be good. And the preview showed cal is alive, but that might be a flashback, you never know. I think she's alive though due to the *anime dying postulate*

And Scythe Master is making an army of Phantoms?!? That looks pretty cool.

**anime dying postulate = if you didn't actually see the character die or there body, they are assumed alive.
Aug 5, 2009 2:31 PM

Jul 2009
FUUUUUUCCCCC-.... No lovely Cal, Reiji not going to pimp Claudia, Claudia is dead... Good episode nonetheless... 1/5 YAY !!!

Seems like Cal is crying in next ep, then I guess another episode to grade 1/5 without even watching it FOOOO !!!!

Aug 5, 2009 3:29 PM

Sep 2008
What the heck just happened.
This episode felt so rushed it actually bothered me.
I do like fast pacing and solving pieces of puzzle, but this was an overkill....

So, from reading comments, I see Cal was in preview, meaning she is alive. What a shock. Who would have guessed she didn't die...

Anyway, decent episode, 3/5.

What was that sh** with the dolls anyway? And also, is Ein really a "good girl" now or is it just a part of scythe master's plan? As we can see, he said something strange while throwing phantom mask into garbage can.
It could quite possibly mean that she is still "wearing" mask.

For what purpose I do not know, but if I were to guess, than I'd say for getting hooked up with Zwei, and helping scythe master take over inferno...

I really don't know, and I am glad I don't know...
Aug 5, 2009 3:36 PM

Aug 2008
Personally, I didn't like the episode. Out of all the people to die, it is Claudia while uncharacteristically frolicking on the beach. It's a shame that that shit was her final scene. As such, the reason for Lizzie killing her is totally unclear, but I'm going to guess it had something to do about not being a slave or whatever she said in that flashback.

Reiji and Elen get back together in yet another lame reunion scene, and I just wasn't engaged, nor do I care about either of them.

The way I see it, the show killed the only strong character in the show. All that's left are weak puppets to be pulled along by the plot.
Aug 5, 2009 3:39 PM

Jul 2009
Rewatch the ep, LAWL at the beach scene, Claudia is so out of character there LAWL... I think I need to start searching for whoever is directing this show since he or she rlly has FABULOUSLY bad directing skill LOL

Another mess like Chrome Shelled where they try to shove in our throat a buncha story & talking while reducing as much as possible any action scene, even for the scenes that BLOODILY need it...sigh... Too much to look forward to a wonderful anime season...

Aug 5, 2009 3:48 PM

Apr 2009
Cal is probably alive,i hope he can save her too.
I will feel really bad if he dosen't.I want Ellen and Cal to have a happy ending. ;'(
lol @ img bbcode not working, mal is such a great site
Aug 5, 2009 5:00 PM

Apr 2009
So is Claudia finally dead? :D
Cal is alive.. I dont know if that is good or bad yet. From the preview she sounded pretty upset.. D:

Finally Elen!
Aug 5, 2009 5:14 PM

May 2009
Lizzie kills Claudia just like Shiga killed his bro? Backstabbers!
I like that Ein and Zwei are finally together again - I hope it stays that way too.
Poor Cal being left for dead.. ;_;
Aug 5, 2009 5:22 PM

May 2009
Inferno doesn't seem like the best place to foster a productive boss/employee relationship.
-=Dear gravity don't let me go, hold me like the winter holds the cold=-
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Sep 24, 2009

628 by __FK__ »»
Apr 15, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jul 16, 2009

145 by defaulticus »»
Mar 23, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Phantom Requiem for the Phantom Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Mikiyo - Apr 3, 2009

171 by defaulticus »»
Mar 17, 3:51 PM

» Phantom: Requiem for the phantom. Visual Novel endings.

Jimmy2233 - Sep 26, 2013

5 by ALCYON3US »»
Feb 9, 12:30 PM

Poll: » Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ckam - Jul 20, 2009

71 by bubba460z »»
Dec 17, 2023 9:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.