MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 4 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Ookami to Koushinryou II »» Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 4 Discussion

Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 4 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

99 56.57%
4 out of 5: Liked it

57 32.57%
3 out of 5: It was OK

16 9.14%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

2 1.14%
1 out of 5: Hated it

1 0.57%
Voters: 175

07-30-09, 5:54 PM

israfel070 said:

God, Mazui's timing on this episode is shit. The subs during the sell-on-credit scene were unwatchable.

Awful yes.

I think Lawrence's Holo's guardian too, he's the only one related to her in this town anyway. This episode was interesting and a nice build up for the duel coming next, but it lacked some Holo presence and teasing.

07-30-09, 5:58 PM

zerokill said:
How do I know that Lawrence is going to own Amarty's ass into the ground... Also, I think Lawrence might be Horo's guardian 0.0

Yeah, that was the point of Lawrence's panic...at first he thought Horo was helping him out by telling Amarty's assets, but the signed marriage certificate means that if she gets freed, Lawrence is no longer her guardian and she's legally married to Amarty.

Which is different from before in that even if Horo was freed she could choose who she wanted to go with.

I thought that whole part was excellently done...kinda bad for Lawrence though D:

07-30-09, 6:04 PM

He never "knew" her village didn't exist. He just heard a tale about a mythical bear destroying it from that witch last episode or two ago. She was just acting paranoid when she found out he didn't tell her about it.

I still can't rule out this is one of horo's games. She has shown time and time again that she is good at and enjoys playing game's with him. She likes to see him do his thing. I couldn't help but believe this likely when she had the marriage contract and a list of "The Knight's" assets delivered to Lawrence, almost as if challenging him to win her. If she really wanted to go, he obviously doesn't have the power to stop her since she could kill him easily, but even if she decided she had to follow the idea that she owed him money, she could merely help Amarty out or make it herself (she is of course arguably as good a merchant as Lawrence and even more skilled at smooth talking).

It is almost like this is one big "show me how much i am worth to you by using all of your assets to win me" scheme. Both horo and Lawrence are master smooth talkers, so the only way to really communicate the feelings of such a master of money might be giving up that money for her.

Whether she is faking her tantrum or it is real, it is a pretty crappy thing for her to do, not only to Lawrence (obviously), but Amarty too whom seems to honestly be a nice guy. Sadly for Amarty though he is going after the main character's love interest which makes it pretty hard not to hate him though.
Modified by Murbella, 07-30-09, 6:07 PM

07-30-09, 6:27 PM

The "Guardian" is Lawrence. A better translation would be something like "creditor." She owes him 1,000 silver, and as such has some legal rights over her, like forcing her to travel with him. This is what Amati thinks their relationship is, and he's rescuing her by paying off her debt. It's also why he got so PISSED when Lawrence said he'd held Horo while she was crying; Amati thinks Lawrence used her as his personal prostitute to pay off her debt.

If Amati gets the 1,000, Lawrence doesn't have a choice and will have to sign on their marriage license.

Sending Lawrence a copy is basically Horo telling him that she already accepted Amati's marriage proposal in advance. If he wants to keep her, he has to stop being lukewarm about his feelings, get serious and fight off Amati. That's Lawrence's interpretation, anyway.

07-30-09, 6:28 PM

Falatorx said:
I still can't rule out this is one of horo's games. She has shown time and time again that she is good at and enjoys playing game's with him. She likes to see him do his thing.

This was my impression as well.

07-30-09, 7:13 PM

Zero_r2 said:

...im so relaxed knowing that the kiss scene was only the imagination of lawrence..

07-30-09, 7:35 PM

Woot!.....hes gonna crash the whole freakin' market for her GO LAWRENCE!!

iday12 said:
Is it just me or do all of these episodes seem to fly by in five minutes?

LOL It felt the same way as well....the ep felt pretty short even though it was 24 min long

Xxshaku-chanxX said:
WHATS WRONG WITH BONG PEOPLE HOLY!
racism i say!
*shaku stomps off angrily*

MrCK said:
BONG PEOPLE...lol

07-30-09, 7:39 PM
Manga Moderator
MrCK1193 said:
Woot!.....hes gonna crash the whole freakin' market for her GO LAWRENCE!!
It is certainly one of the more unique ways to show your feelings. ;)

07-30-09, 8:10 PM

LETS GO LAWRENCE! Time to step up and pull the big one.

God Armati's cockiness makes me want to kick his ass so much. Blowing up after Lawrence telling him, no worries me and Horo have had fights in the past and I have consoled her really made me loathe his intentions on marrying Horo even more. Especially when he said I was trying to do you a favor by not taking everything from you...

Great episode, can't wait till the next one.

07-30-09, 8:11 PM

The scarf Amati bought for Horo made her look even more beautiful!

(I still don't like Amatai though ><)

07-30-09, 8:20 PM

Falatorx said:
He never "knew" her village didn't exist. He just heard a tale about a mythical bear destroying it from that witch last episode or two ago. She was just acting paranoid when she found out he didn't tell her about it.

I still can't rule out this is one of horo's games. She has shown time and time again that she is good at and enjoys playing game's with him. She likes to see him do his thing. I couldn't help but believe this likely when she had the marriage contract and a list of "The Knight's" assets delivered to Lawrence, almost as if challenging him to win her. If she really wanted to go, he obviously doesn't have the power to stop her since she could kill him easily, but even if she decided she had to follow the idea that she owed him money, she could merely help Amarty out or make it herself (she is of course arguably as good a merchant as Lawrence and even more skilled at smooth talking).

It is almost like this is one big "show me how much i am worth to you by using all of your assets to win me" scheme. Both horo and Lawrence are master smooth talkers, so the only way to really communicate the feelings of such a master of money might be giving up that money for her.

Whether she is faking her tantrum or it is real, it is a pretty crappy thing for her to do, not only to Lawrence (obviously), but Amarty too whom seems to honestly be a nice guy. Sadly for Amarty though he is going after the main character's love interest which makes it pretty hard not to hate him though.

Ya I pretty much agree with you. From the start of this ark it's felt more like a big game that Horo started in order to get Lawrence to show how much he cares about her and possibly force his feelings out in the open. I think even if Lawrence loses the bet, Horo will still rip up the contract and go with him or possibly mess with his feelings a bit.

One possibility is if he does lose, she may play around a bit by saying she's leaving him and wants him to sign the marriage contract as a way to force him to verbally say he wants her to stay with him. Once he does you know she's gonna rip the contract up and go with him. The real question is what will Amati do if she rips the contract? Will he follow them throughout the story? Will he find out her secret?

She's over a hundred years old so I'm pretty sure news about her home town being attacked and possibly being destroyed have already reached her ears far before Lawrence was born lol. I'm sure that's one of the reasons she wants to go back. To see if the news is true and if anyone is left.

07-30-09, 9:16 PM

Not much Horo this episode, but we got to see what Lawrence's master plan was. Next few episodes should be pretty epic.

07-30-09, 9:24 PM

Great Ep. It's true what others have said, episodes fly by really quickly. Not something you'd expect from a show centered around medieval trading o.O

In any case, I'm sorta on the fence about whether or not this is all part of Holo's games. While I certainly wouldn't put it past her to pull off something like this, her freakout seemed genuine to me.

I wouldn't be surprised if, after having Lawrence running around like a fool for her, it's actually Holo who does some sort of confession first, possibly humiliating Amati in the process. Less of a "challenge" really and more like an indirect punishment for keeping too many secrets, but also a backhanded apology for overreacting.

Of course, I could be reading too much into this, and Holo really is just messing with poor Lawrence's head/heart again.

Anyways, Amati is just a damn spoiled rich kid who thinks he can win in a man's game. Go Lawrence!

07-30-09, 9:42 PM

Honestly, Holo (I guess now that it's canon) is being a big mooch. Game or not, she's just not worth the trouble, so I don't care who wins or looses. Though I was pretty neutral on my stance regarding Amati, after this episode, I kind of don't like him...so a great fantasy of mine would be that Lawerence suckers him for all the money he can get, shove Holo off to him, pick up Deanna or some random girl, and just leave the city. Not a bad episode.

07-30-09, 11:33 PM

Pretty good episode...but Horo's screen time was seriously lacking. I still prefer to spell her name as Horo rather than Holo. Can't wait for more.

07-31-09, 1:23 AM

lols.. great episode =D

07-31-09, 1:50 AM

Woohoooo! Early form of option pricing!
Those who understands complex financial derivatives say AYE!
Those who don't, I highly recommend "Options, futures and other derivatives" by Hull. And I always thought it was the greeks who used it first... anime proved me wrong :-P

Good episode. I think Horo didn't overreact. I also think Horo might be playing with him a little bit, since he was so over confident that Horo will go with him, she might want to put him on his toes a little bit.

07-31-09, 2:50 AM

ZetaZeta said:
I'm wonder what guardian Horo would have sign that marriage contract.

Lawrence is. And it's the whole point of this arc, whether he sells her to Amarty or not, as her guardian.

Average episode, I thought that the second season of S&W could still withstand an episode without Holo and be great (which the first season clearly could not) thanks to its direction and atmosphere, but in fact, no. This series is still heavily dependent on Holo and the Holo/Lawrence relationship, if you take out Holo, there is simply no enjoyment since the other aspects of the series are less interestingly developed.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.

07-31-09, 3:08 AM

iday12 said:
I also think that amarty will go down. this was a good episode, we learned finally what Lawrence plans to do to stop Amarty, although the episode could have had more Horo. Is it just me or do all of these episodes seem to fly by in five minutes?

Ye i was kinda suprised that it went quick xD

liked the episode very much, and yes go to hell amarty <.<

07-31-09, 3:32 AM

Jesus, people, there's only so far in denial you can be. Even if you ignored the website, the other website's source code, the official license and the various S&W paraphernalia the episode itself calls her Holo. By all means call her Horo in your hearts, or whatever, but please call her Holo on message boards so as not to confuse or mislead newcomers.

I was very entertained that the "Do not pirate" message was also translated by Mazui.

Must... not... post... spoilers... I just realised how awful it is to have read the book and be unable to correct or elaborate upon all the theories bounding around.

Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices