Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 30, 2009 8:09 PM

Feb 2009
FaithoftheFallen said:
Unless KyoAni decides to troll people again by finishing Endless Eight with 7 episodes instead of 8, which is what everyone is expecting, just for the heck of trolling people.

Actually, if they wanted to anger the most people to the highest degree, they'd do Nine episodes.
Jul 30, 2009 8:13 PM

Jul 2008
Vipey said:
does anyone in japan actually still like haruhi?

im not even going to watch the 3rd season if they make it.

I don't know

Since Endless Eight arc happen...
I guess Less People.
Jul 30, 2009 8:16 PM
Jun 2008
ZetaZeta said:
Actually, if they wanted to anger the most people to the highest degree, they'd do Nine episodes.

I think the worst they can do is do 8 identical episodes and then just move on without concluding this storyline -- that means they can get back to it at any point in the future if they feel like raping the audience again.
Jul 30, 2009 8:47 PM

Dec 2007
In the pool.. Who rated this ep 5 ot of 5??? WTF!! Well.. I think Kyoani dvd's sell will go to hell thanks to this 8 stupid episodes...
.. Airwalk
Jul 30, 2009 8:58 PM

Jun 2008
One more episode!!! It's finally going to end!!
Jul 30, 2009 10:07 PM

Aug 2008
Gradation said:

Are you sure? How do you know if Kyoto isn't going to pull a JFK and suddenly be like... "We have gone on Hiatus for another 3 years, see you soon. Oh remember to buy our products..."

Well that would be the worse situation XD Just saying.
Jul 30, 2009 10:10 PM

Apr 2008
There isn't enough weed in the world to keep me entertained.
Jul 30, 2009 10:31 PM
Jul 2008
Even though I still think this whole thing is stupid, I have to admit, I see what that animator from KyoAni was saying in the interview. It's somewhat interesting to see all these different interpretations of the same episode done by different teams.

That said, this episode, surprisingly, was more entertaining than the others. Some bits actually made me laugh.
Jul 30, 2009 10:57 PM

Apr 2009
Firestorm2117 said:
Even though I still think this whole thing is stupid, I have to admit, I see what that animator from KyoAni was saying in the interview. It's somewhat interesting to see all these different interpretations of the same episode done by different teams.

That said, this episode, surprisingly, was more entertaining than the others. Some bits actually made me laugh.

Watching Endless Eight is like watching paint dry over and over with slightly different variations. I don't know how people can find it interesting or exciting at all.

I mean, if we were to watch paint dry, would it really be any different if one week the color was Red, and next week the color is Blue? Or if we sat and watched Yellow paint dry from slightly different angles? I wonder how many people would be impressed watching Green paint dry with words written over it?

"The moment man devoured the fruit of knowledge, he sealed his fate...
Entrusting his future to the cards, man clings to a dim hope."
-Nyx Avatar
Jul 30, 2009 11:01 PM
Aug 2008
Maybe they want us to figure out what Haruhi actually wants to do, they'll keep airing endless eight until we figure it out. Either she wants everyone to add something to the list or she wants do something extreme like sky diving or rock climbing.
Jul 30, 2009 11:04 PM

Sep 2007
dalevm87 said:
Maybe they want us to figure out what Haruhi actually wants to do, they'll keep airing endless eight until we figure it out. Either she wants everyone to add something to the list or she wants do something extreme like sky diving or rock climbing.

Or she
Jul 30, 2009 11:23 PM

Oct 2007
It would be so wrong if this was a 12 episode show. I dont care how long they will continue as long as they take the number of episodes in account.
Atleast the dvd won't sell. Hope they feel that in there pockets.

On topic: I laughed at the "endless" sign, Kyoani is kicking us in the balls every week and we keep coming for more every week.
Jul 30, 2009 11:35 PM
Jul 2009
Valashu said:
On topic: I laughed at the "endless" sign, Kyoani is kicking us in the balls every week and we keep coming for more every week.

It gave me the impression that the line was directed to the western viewers. 4chan trolls palish in comparison.
Jul 30, 2009 11:35 PM

May 2008
crono22 said:

Im whit Hitler on this 1 xp

I'm with him there <_< 15,527 times...seriously.

e_e It shocks me that people are actually still subbing this...

...Shocked me even more to know that 15 people actually loved this.

Jul 30, 2009 11:38 PM
Jul 2007
Kyon-kun denwaaa......

Jul 30, 2009 11:38 PM

Mar 2009
i had a tiny amount of hope that kyoani would surprise me and end it this week

no such luck
Jul 30, 2009 11:39 PM

Oct 2008
Kyon only remembers déjà vu like bits and pieces. At this point I can tell him how things are going to be playing out through the loop. I'm starting to get rather used to Endless Eight. Now talk to Haruhi already.

Red_Devil said:
Kyon-kun denwaaa......
part of why it's worth it.
Jul 30, 2009 11:47 PM

Jan 2009
crono22 said:

Im whit Hitler on this 1 xp

lol, this was better than the entire ep!

I honestly can't see how someone can rate this show beyond a 6 at this point. What a waist...
ColdBeansJul 30, 2009 11:54 PM

Jul 31, 2009 12:01 AM

Jul 2009
Kyon: Okashi... okashi.. okashi.. Nani ka.. okashi..

▲
▲ ▲ o_O okashi..
Jul 31, 2009 12:17 AM
Jan 2009
ColdBeans said:

lol, this was better than the entire ep!

I honestly can't see how someone can rate this show beyond a 6 at this point. What a waist...

Above 6????

Kyoani are stupid. If they planned to make 8 episodes of the same freaking moment, at the very least they should had focus each ep in a different person. With 3 eps fouced on Kyon would had been more than enough to make their point.

I can only think of 2 options here.
1.- Every episode is different, and we are all stupid for not realizing it.
2.- Kyoani is made of a bunch of blood suckers, with a keen desire for easy money.

I believe this whole situation should have to be the main subject of a huge marketing study.
Jul 31, 2009 12:25 AM

Jun 2008
Gradation said:

/jinxed

thanks
Jul 31, 2009 12:26 AM

Sep 2007
I've run out of things to say.
Jul 31, 2009 12:31 AM

Aug 2008
Ironically it'll be September 1st, tomorrow.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 31, 2009 12:43 AM

Aug 2008
CkretAznMan said:

Hato-kunJul 31, 2009 12:46 AM

Jul 31, 2009 1:10 AM

Sep 2007
CkretAznMan said:

Then why is my Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei Volume 3 not here yet? It should have come out 5 days ago. D:
Jul 31, 2009 1:17 AM
Dec 2007
Hmmm, probably one of the best endless eight episodes with a fantastic atmosphere (especially coming from the choice of colors, music and light effects) and a very conventional, yet excellent direction. Probably the most "Haruhi-like" episode of the seven endless eight for the moment, it's probably what endless eight would have looked like if there was only one episode of it. No new developments though in terms of story continuity, if we can still call it that.

Still, I'm amazed at the guts of KyoAni for pulling such an incredible concept, and on top of that, each week makes me anticipate and then analyze the - seemingly - same episode, but in reality, each one has a very different feeling, direction, animation, dialogues even sometimes, and just for that, this second season of Haruhi deserves a whole lot of praises. Really a unique and inventive anime, that develops simple themes better and with more creativity than any other comedy/romance show. And the fact that most KyoAni fanboys are utterly pissed is a big bonus I guess (I've never been a fan of this studio before, except maybe for LS and SHNY) ;)

But still, for all the haters of this second season of Haruhi, don't you watch the same episodes of the same shitty shows (e.g: same bad shonen, same bad harem, same bad action anime) week after week, for years, with sometimes the same rehashed animation, without feeling guilty about it? I mean, after watching one episode of Bleach or Naruto, you've watched all the following episodes, since it's basically the same characters, same developments, same fights and same style used again and recycled for 400+ episodes. This time, KyoAni litterally serves you the same episode (which is not even the same at all, there are heavy differences in the first 7 episodes of this arc as we've seen earlier), but this time, following a logical plot, serving the interest of the main theme of the series (the melancholy) and without reusing anything except the script ! I personnally find it great.

Now, let's wait for next week, which will be the last (sadly...) endless eight episode.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jul 31, 2009 1:23 AM

Dec 2008
All I can say is Teletama (station Haruhi airs on) will receive a ginormous spike in viewers once EE is over.
Jul 31, 2009 1:23 AM

Apr 2008
airwalk said:
In the pool.. Who rated this ep 5 ot of 5??? WTF!!
People who don't care anymore and think it's hilarious that this has kept up for so long. What baffles me is how anyone can rate it a 2, 3, or especially 4.

The Earth King has invited you to Lake Laogai. You will be honored to accept his invitation.
Jul 31, 2009 1:24 AM

Sep 2008
one part of me tells me to stop watching this anime---....the other part of me is tellling me to have faith in haruhi
i have some hope that ep 9 -the 8th endless 8 will be the last and then i can finally enjoy haruhi suzumiya
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Jul 31, 2009 1:35 AM

Dec 2008
Extra fanservice at the pool this time. Also it was funny when Kyon answered the phone in the middle of the night making some weird sound....probably the best part of the episode for me.
Jul 31, 2009 1:48 AM

Apr 2008
for some sense im not really bored when watching this .. oh well .. just hope this ends as soon as possible

Jul 31, 2009 1:57 AM
Feb 2009
YES, it continued. TMoHS 2 is the shit.
Jul 31, 2009 2:17 AM

Dec 2008
game8910 said:
adding salt to the wounds

notice how there are eight stacks on each shelf too.
Jul 31, 2009 2:25 AM

Dec 2008
@rabids0ap
I love your avatar picture. When I saw that episode of school rumble I just couldn't believe how moe that was.
Jul 31, 2009 2:32 AM

Oct 2008
rabids0ap said:

geez, i didn't even realize that. they're mocking us for sure.
Jul 31, 2009 2:38 AM

Aug 2008
olmecalmighty said:
rabids0ap said:

geez, i didn't even realize that. they're mocking us for sure.
No, that just shows how much they care :D
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

RWBY Club. RWBY is anime. Deal with it.

Jul 31, 2009 2:41 AM

Jun 2009
Kyon Fail, again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jul 31, 2009 2:49 AM

Sep 2007
Jacut said:
But still, for all the haters of this second season of Haruhi, don't you watch the same episodes of the same shitty shows (e.g: same bad shonen, same bad harem, same bad action anime) week after week, for years, with sometimes the same rehashed animation, without feeling guilty about it? I mean, after watching one episode of Bleach or Naruto, you've watched all the following episodes, since it's basically the same characters, same developments, same fights and same style used again and recycled for 400+ episodes.

I'm neither a hater nor a lover of Haruhi, just a neutral bystander but this, sir, is bullshit.

Let's take the current arc from Bleach for example, because that one pretty much sucks (not the current filler, I mean the battleorgy). At least there we have different (for now, let's call them) dialogues and events during the battles, while Haruhi repeats the EXACT same things over and over again. They've been reanimated, yes, but that doesn't make it new.
Besides, those types of shows are a completely different genre. They don't have much plot and lots of similar battles because that's what the viewers of those shows want (I enjoy Bleach for that reason, except for the battleorgy-arc), Haruhi-fans however have different expectations, especially since it's not running for 400+ episodes, so each repetition takes up a much larger percentage of the overall-show.

The people who come here every week to rant about Endless Eight also wear different clothes every week (I hope) and sit differently in front of their monitors. Does that make their opinions new and fresh every week?

Answer with yes and I'll never talk to you ever again.
Jul 31, 2009 3:00 AM

Sep 2008
It's that time of week again, which is your favorite now?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 31, 2009 3:04 AM
Jul 2008
Kyon dual-wielding fireworks like some kind of crazed gunman was abruptly hilarious in an otherwise predictable episode.

Reminded me of unflinching Arakawa being hit by a pillow in the first season.
Jul 31, 2009 3:05 AM

Feb 2008
All I can say is...Kyon...go and take Haruhi on a date. As for the yukatas, <3 the second one.
Jul 31, 2009 3:09 AM

Jul 2007
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Jul 31, 2009 3:19 AM

Jun 2009
saxophone said:
@rabids0ap
I love your avatar picture. When I saw that episode of school rumble I just couldn't believe how moe that was.
lol, thats exactly what i was thinking about as well...(i already saved it ;-) )
Jul 31, 2009 3:34 AM
Apr 2009
rabids0ap said:
game8910 said:
adding salt to the wounds

Damn, they're cheeky bastards.
Jul 31, 2009 3:56 AM
Feb 2008
KYON-KUN DENWAA KYON-KUN DENWAA KYON-KUN DENWAA KYON-KUN DENWAA KYON-KUN DENWAA KYON-KUN DENWAA KYON-KUN DENWAA KYON-KUN DENWAA KYON-KUN DENWAA KYON-KUN DENWAA KYON-KUN DENWAA KYON-KUN DENWAA KYON-KUN DENWAA KYON-KUN DENWAA KYON-KUN DENWAA KYON-KUN DENWAA KYON-KUN DENWAA KYON-KUN DENWAA KYON-KUN DENWAA KYON-KUN DENWAA KYON-KUN DENWAA KYON-KUN DENWAA KYON-KUN DENWAA KYON-KUN DENWAA KYON-KUN DENWAA KYON-KUN DENWAA KYON-KUN DENWAA KYON-KUN DENWAA KYON-KUN DENWAA KYON-KUN DENWAA KYON-KUN DENWAA KYON-KUN DENWAA KYON-KUN DENWAA KYON-KUN DENWAA KYON-KUN DENWAA KYON-KUN DENWAA KYON-KUN DENWAA KYON-KUN DENWAA KYON-KUN DENWAA KYON-KUN DENWAA KYON-KUN DENWAA

Fail.
Jul 31, 2009 4:07 AM

Jun 2008
Spade said:

The people who come here every week to rant about Endless Eight also wear different clothes every week (I hope) and sit differently in front of their monitors. Does that make their opinions new and fresh every week?

Answer with yes and I'll never talk to you ever again.

YES.

Its obvious what needs to happen, and what Haruhi is trying to do here.

Haruhi chooses the dresses, She always varies hers a lot more than Yuki or Asahina's.
It seems like every week Kyon gets more outraged at Koizumi suggesting he'll 'fess up instead of Kyon.
And Obviously every week he seems to have stronger deja vu.

Honestly though, this is clearly a marketing tactic, and an experiment at the same time. Its working wonderfully and people are getting so outraged.

How come people aren't this outraged when there is YET ANOTHER SHITTY BLEACH/NARUTO FILLER ARC thrown in?

I won't say I hope it never ends, but I will say I am actually enjoying this still. If you don't like it, wait till it ends then skim through or something.

You shouldn't complain when someone gives you the same free meal over and over, but you but you can refuse to take it if you find it bland.

Edit: I think this will end when Kyon asks Haruhi to help him with his homework (as she has done it..?) they aren't going to suddenly be going on dates or anything I don't think.
dlaiJul 31, 2009 4:10 AM
-dlaiyre
Jul 31, 2009 4:10 AM
Feb 2009
game8910 said:

KyoAni = TEASE
But they know people will come back.

~~~

I wonder how much is cost to draw the same things over and over with slight variations 8 times D:
Jul 31, 2009 4:11 AM

Jun 2008
game8910 said:

I like how the "fans" of E8 are Koizumi, and the "haters" of E8 are Kyon in this picture.
-dlaiyre
Jul 31, 2009 4:52 AM

Sep 2007
dlaiyre said:
You shouldn't complain when someone gives you the same free meal over and over, but you but you can refuse to take it if you find it bland.

People should be allowed to complain for getting the same E8-Pudding over and over again when there's lots of Disappearance-Cake, Snow-Mountain-Sundae and other tasty stuff in the back they refuse to give out to anyone and eventually throw away because it's past the expiration date. ;)
Jul 31, 2009 5:05 AM
Dec 2007
Well, the Endless 8 story-arc does have ONE advantage: I don't need to wait for any subs to understand the episodes ^^;
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Sep 10, 2009

292 by Generose »»
Apr 12, 11:11 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

CinemaZebra - Aug 5, 2009

535 by Unoriginality »»
Apr 11, 9:07 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kappaka - May 21, 2009

449 by Ryan_the_Bread »»
Mar 30, 1:13 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Jul 23, 2009

360 by Alkimia »»
Feb 28, 11:27 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Jul 16, 2009

470 by Alkimia »»
Feb 28, 10:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.