MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

English Translated PSP Visual Novel
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Games, Computers & Tech Support »» English Translated PSP Visual Novel

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
07-29-09, 12:10 PM

I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this topic but... Do they even exist? Even though the only visual novel I have played is Clannad (PC)... which was awesome... Can anyone name any English translated PSP Visual Novels? Whether they be patched or included in the actual game? (I have no idea how you could actually download a patch and actually put it into the game... I just noticed that people did it for the ps2)
---
Edit:
How am I asking too much? I just asked people to name English PSP Visual Novel games? You didn't even answer my question to begin with... Although... thank you for typing in the name of those rpg games... but I already bought/have Valyrie profile. LOL, also I think most psp games are Japanese... or at least the majority of the good ones. Yeah... I don't need those types of game... I need names of English translated/subbed VN's. I mean there are so many out... it's hard to believe that just 1 isn't subbed in English. Although TY for answering... :D Cause it tells me people are at the very least reading my topic and are trying to respond to me. Also LOL... what's the point of buying the game in Japanese if I can't understand it? Especially a visual novel LOL...
Modified by JohnyBeGood, 07-29-09, 3:18 PM

07-29-09, 1:04 PM

You are asking for too much. Get the damn game in Japanese if you want it on your psp.
English translated Psp games:
Valkyrie Profile
Yakusoku No Chi Riviera

08-05-09, 4:12 AM

I have recently got into the visual novel scene but as far as I can tell for ones that are translated into English they are all on PC. there is just no market for psp English visual novels it seems.

as for PC there are a fair amount of them out there. so at least there is that.

08-06-09, 2:17 AM

Motoyama said:
You are asking for too much. Get the damn game in Japanese if you want it on your psp.
Valkyrie Profile
Yakusoku No Chi Riviera

What the FUCK?
Those aren't visual novels you dumbass.

08-06-09, 6:59 PM

Suzumiya Haruhi no Yakusoku is probably the only English Translation PSP Visual Novel Project I know.

Link

08-06-09, 8:17 PM

cantius said:
Motoyama said:
Valkyrie Profile
Yakusoku No Chi Riviera

What the FUCK?
Don't see visual novels there, bro. Unless those games aren't 'English translated PSP games'.

08-06-09, 8:40 PM

cantius said:
Motoyama said:
Valkyrie Profile
Yakusoku No Chi Riviera

What the FUCK?

Vndb
Apparently I assumed that these games were visual novels because they were in a "Visual Novel Database"
It's like saying you'll find shows that aren't anime in an anime database =/

Also I never mentioned Vn. So you are the dumbass.

08-06-09, 10:18 PM

Motoyama said:
cantius said:
Motoyama said:
Valkyrie Profile
Yakusoku No Chi Riviera

What the FUCK?

Vndb
Apparently I assumed that these games were visual novels because they were in a "Visual Novel Database"

No, your the dumbass. The TC asked for english translated Visual novels, not Rpgs.

and whoever included Riviera and Valkyrie Profile in that site is a dumbass.

08-06-09, 10:30 PM

cantius said:
Motoyama said:
cantius said:
Motoyama said:
Valkyrie Profile
Yakusoku No Chi Riviera

What the FUCK?

Vndb

No, your the dumbass. The TC asked for english translated Visual novels, not Rpgs.

I clearly stated that if you wanted visual novels on your psp, you have to get them in Japanese. I just recommended other games to play. You are still the dumbass ;P

08-07-09, 10:36 AM

Motoyama said:
cantius said:
Motoyama said:
cantius said:
Motoyama said:
Valkyrie Profile
Yakusoku No Chi Riviera

What the FUCK?

Vndb

I clearly stated that if you wanted visual novels on your psp, you have to get them in Japanese. I just recommended other games to play. You are still the dumbass ;P

okay i'm done!

08-09-09, 4:05 AM

the only 1 i know is Metal Gear Solid : Digital Graphic Novel

08-09-09, 6:13 PM

I hope that Haruhi patch is actually completed, I'd import the game if I could play it in English.

08-09-09, 7:39 PM

North American and European gamers really love FPS, games which involves first-person shooting in an anti-terrorism environment. The Fallout series which glorifies the existence of nuclear bombs is also very popular. I know.. The realistic graphics and soundtrack is also one of the reasons why these games are so popular as that I have also played it before. I am not used to the FPS controls though..

As for visual novels, they aren't popular for various reasons. One of the reasons is that people like action like gunning down terrorists or beating up bad guys as opposed to spending hours after hours reading page after page like a novel. And thus, all psp visual novels are in Japanese only.

----
Fixed. This is the alternate reason.
Modified by Kira01, 08-09-09, 7:50 PM

08-10-09, 5:32 AM

Joe-kun said:
I hope that Haruhi patch is actually completed, I'd import the game if I could play it in English.

It's not done yet but they are progressing along pretty nicely. The game's security sucks so much that w
you can rip out the entire ISO/UMD after ripping and see the text files for translation which makes it so easy for translation. Thus, the only English Translation or and other language translation capable game for the PSP.

08-26-09, 8:39 PM

Hi everybody, my names Civil Discussion. I know I'm new here, but I hope we can be friends. Anyhoo, YES, VNs have been ported to PSP in english. Sorry I don't have links on hand (I'll go search), but give google a search for "onscriper for psp" and you'll find instructions to port them yourselves. See everyone, this is how you make a helpful comment, instead of starting a flame war.

Edit: These'll help: http://leafboi.blogsome.com/2007/09/17/ported-visual-novels-on-psp-woot/
http://nrvnqsr.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=377&page=1

Also, A ton of VNs have been ported to DS, if you happen to have one of those: digital-haze.net

More:
#/jp/ on irc.rizon.net tells me: "clannad can play on the psp far as i know" and "they had tsukihime on psp
but you cant get to the far side"
#Nipponsei on irc.rizon.net tells me: "No dice"
Modified by WillR, 08-26-09, 9:01 PM

08-29-09, 9:56 PM

WillR said:
Hi everybody, my names Civil Discussion. I know I'm new here, but I hope we can be friends. Anyhoo, YES, VNs have been ported to PSP in english. Sorry I don't have links on hand (I'll go search), but give google a search for "onscriper for psp" and you'll find instructions to port them yourselves. See everyone, this is how you make a helpful comment, instead of starting a flame war.

Edit: These'll help: http://leafboi.blogsome.com/2007/09/17/ported-visual-novels-on-psp-woot/
http://nrvnqsr.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=377&page=1

Also, A ton of VNs have been ported to DS, if you happen to have one of those: digital-haze.net

More:
#/jp/ on irc.rizon.net tells me: "clannad can play on the psp far as i know" and "they had tsukihime on psp
but you cant get to the far side"
#Nipponsei on irc.rizon.net tells me: "No dice"

THIS *applauds* The only thing is I can't read the instructions for the sites on how to use Onscripter...the only forum site in english isn't really clear. Thank you so much :D MAybe I should learn Japanese to read them... but wait... if i learn Japanese I wouldn't need to port them!?!?! Thank you (sincerely) I'm going to do a lot more research on this... And when i do find out I will SOMEHOW post CLEARLY how to do it somewhere on the internet (if it hasn't already been done) in English. I'm probably going to have to add different pieces of information find things out. Though for now I will try out tsukihime... even though I didn't want something of the horror genre, it looks interesting :D THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

08-30-09, 5:29 PM

Apparently, these people have an idea on how to translated the game. Theoretically, if this works, it should work for any game. I didn't seen any confirmation of it working though.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?p=2130954

Also, you'll need to download the PSP iso's for each game, which you can find at hongfire.com

Good luck!

Edit: Honestly, I think your best bet is to install a DS emulator on your PSP, and run the games they port for the DS.
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp&q=psp+ds+emulator&aq=f&aqi=g5&oq=&fp=4bb1eec54ca89dc
I know its a bummer, but there's a pretty fair collection of games released, and a bunch more are on the way. http://digital-haze.net/vndswiki/index.php?title=Category:Complete
Modified by WillR, 08-30-09, 5:37 PM

08-30-09, 8:04 PM

WillR said:
Apparently, these people have an idea on how to translated the game. Theoretically, if this works, it should work for any game. I didn't seen any confirmation of it working though.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?p=2130954

Also, you'll need to download the PSP iso's for each game, which you can find at hongfire.com

Good luck!

Edit: Honestly, I think your best bet is to install a DS emulator on your PSP, and run the games they port for the DS.
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp&q=psp+ds+emulator&aq=f&aqi=g5&oq=&fp=4bb1eec54ca89dc
I know its a bummer, but there's a pretty fair collection of games released, and a bunch more are on the way. http://digital-haze.net/vndswiki/index.php?title=Category:Complete

Wow I never thought of that b4... getting a ds emulator for the ds and run the translated ports. Thanks again :D I'm going to try and do that. If it doesn't work I'll try to figure out how to port from pc to psp.

10-18-09, 7:39 PM

Wow, the word 'dumbass' seems to be used far too much on this thread, heh. Bicker in private please, guys.

The only VNs I've been able to successfully play on my PSP are Tsukihime and Narcissu. I've tried and tried to get anything else to port over effectively, but have never had any luck. I have working copies of Higurashi and Fate/Stay Night for PSP, but alas, I just can't get them to convert using the english translations....so they'll only run in Japanese ;_;

Other than that, I have the "official" port of Clannad for the PSP. It's very pretty, but as I have no idea if it's even possible to somehow port over the english translation from the PC version, that too is stuck in Japanese. What a cruel tease, sigh...

I'd die happy right now if anybody could point me towards any successfully ported english translated VNs for the PSP of games by Type Moon or Key!

11-22-09, 10:00 AM

Migurashi said:
cantius said:
Motoyama said:
cantius said:
Motoyama said:
Valkyrie Profile
Yakusoku No Chi Riviera

What the FUCK?

Vndb

Yes, those games are JRPGs with slicely elements of visual novels.

Games with slicely element of visual novels in Eng (they all have PSP version of course):
Any Harvest moon games.
Any Star Ocean games (I got the ending I was alone, Dammit)
Riviera the Promised Land
Mana Khemia series
Disgaea series
And some more!

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices