Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 8, 2014 6:32 AM

Jan 2014
This episode to me was quite painful, it made me feel the incapability of the little girl to react.
I really like Hajime-chan and his daughter, really.

What Hajime is trying to achieve is fully right, there is always a way to get your revenge properly.
Revenge is a bad, but righteous feeling, it's obvious that if you get a physical or psychological injury from a selfish and more sadic person than you, a weaker being than him/her, want to take revenge.
So is for that reason that you cannot blame every people for put their hopes on Jigoku Shoujo, when they seem to not find any way out, everyone at their matter.

Plus, I still don't believe Enma Ai does it for the merely taste to, I still believe that she is somewhat forced to, I dunno.
But I do believe that do that Jigoku thing made her quite cinic and apatic, even realistic sometimes.

PS: Tsugumi is sooooooo cute!
May 3, 2014 6:57 PM

Jun 2011
Rather unfortunate case, but still stupid how much of an "evil" the series made the woman out to be.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 15, 2014 10:16 AM

Jul 2012
Gone__Forever__ said:
Tsugumi and Hajime are seriously getting on my nerves. They're totally ruining the series. I want to see more Team Hell Girl action! Not some little girl seeing visions/acting possessed and some guy trying to play hero!

I disagree he's trying to make people realize that sending people including yours isn't the way to go .......there are better ways of dealing with the problems.......... in fact all the characters who have pulled the string are all idiots .........Well I would say that to this point out of all of them are idiots .....except

The ones who was about to he killed
The stalker
The ante
The crazy woman who killed

He has a point there's no reason for them to condemn someone to hell like

The major
The girl who lost her pet dog
The twin

They made a stupid mistake ........the major didn't do anything. The twin wanted everything her own way and it was the guy who was whipping her, the girl who lost her dog..........It's a dog.....Yes I understand the lose of a pet but it's a dog not someone who was going to kill ya like the stalker...........it was an idiot move

Sorry but I'm on the guys side who's trying to stop hell girl
I dislike lelouch vi Britannia.

im a shiki supporter

my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR90F0rzcss4CsrAbkZXTkg/featured?view_as=subscriber

Just past the 1500th Mark bitches

I approve this video http://youtu.be/U_0CCLxibFk
May 16, 2014 12:14 AM

Aug 2010
Well, putting aside how terrible and stupid the episode was, I really wonder how Hajime asked that guy to investigate the girl.

Hajime: Hello, I'm a man in my late 20's/early 30's and there is this 16 year old girl I want you to find out everything about.

Comedy gold right there.
Jul 1, 2014 8:18 AM
Dec 2013
Yeah, she should've just ran, but then remind yourself that she's about 13, since they mentioned her being in the first year of middle school. Do most 13 year olds have the capability to solve problems on their own while being psychologically oppressed?

I noticed that some people on this forums never had a dog, or any sort of pet.

Ugh, it's almost narcissistic of Shibata to think just a common person like him can stop a force like Jigoku Shojo that's been around for at least four centuries, but probably way longer. How big does he think he is? And the little girl is starting to notice his obsession.

Hell Girl is bringing down scum, while others are harming innocents. Why doesn't Shibata try to attack those people who are harming innocents, instead of Hell Girl who's sort of a vigilante.
Jul 1, 2014 8:20 AM
Dec 2013
Gone__Forever__ said:
Tsugumi and Hajime are seriously getting on my nerves. They're totally ruining the series. I want to see more Team Hell Girl action! Not some little girl seeing visions/acting possessed and some guy trying to play hero!

I sort of want to see Tsugumi become friends with Enma, but after a while I'm starting to dislike her because I really hate the father trying to act like the good guy. Let Hell Girl do her job.
Jul 2, 2014 4:11 PM

Aug 2013
I think it was sort of dumb for her to have pulled the thread... like come on the lady was already on her way to jail! The episodes are getting more and more complex and interesting, but this one was sort of a set-back!
Sep 26, 2014 10:25 PM

Feb 2013
I don't think her running away with the dogs would have been a good idea, it seemed like the lady was faking her injury and I doubt that little girl would have been able to carry both dog cages out of there without getting noticed and run down by her.

Also people seem to be forgetting that this lady murdered both her parents and her child, she was more dangerous then she appeared. Honestly if the lady had caught the girl trying to run with the dogs she probably would have ended up adding her to the garden lol. (although I think she would have ended up killing her eventually either way)
Shape430Sep 27, 2014 9:35 AM
Oct 3, 2014 11:58 PM

Nov 2013
YES THAT FAT FUCK GOT SENT TO HELL MWAHAHAAHAHA! That woman was the most evil person I've seen in this anime. You have no idea how much I was grinning when she got sent to hell. Hajime once again trying to protect murderers from hell's clutches. I swear that guy is a whole nother level of idiot though that girl was so fucking stupid. She waits to pull the string when she could have saved the mother and her pups then she pulls the string after all her dogs died and she couldn't even save anyone and it hardly matter.
FunnyRatmanOct 4, 2014 12:09 AM

Oct 4, 2014 12:06 AM

Nov 2013
Moonfrost said:
Why the fuck would you sell your soul just for dogs? I mean, you could have just buy another two or something.

And Hajime is the good guy here. I agree, he's trying to get them to realize that there are better ways to solve a problem.
If you were paying attention, you would have realized that those dogs meant more to her than you might think.

Oct 4, 2014 12:07 AM

Nov 2013
Karasuchan said:
Ok, the girl in this episode was a total idiot ... that woman was slow as a snail and as smart as a sh*t , was it so hard to take the dogs when she wasn't looking? or to talk to her parents to come when she can take the dog's from the hag's reach ?
When she pulled the string at the end was worthless ... WTF ? the dogs were already dead and the fat old crazy woman was going to rot in jail ... Stupid much ?

Moonfrost said:
Why the fuck would you sell your soul just for dogs? I mean, you could have just buy another two or something.

I don't know if you had one or not but you can get very attached to a pet and that's not something you can buy at a store ...
Guess she wanted her to rot in hell for all eternity. She kinda deserved it to be honest after all those evil things that she did.

Jan 10, 2015 5:10 AM

Jan 2014
Mogami-kun said:
Well, putting aside how terrible and stupid the episode was, I really wonder how Hajime asked that guy to investigate the girl.

Hajime: Hello, I'm a man in my late 20's/early 30's and there is this 16 year old girl I want you to find out everything about.

Comedy gold right there.

Haha,that's right xD
Feb 4, 2015 2:03 AM
May 2013
Should have escaped with the dogs dammit! Also the little girl shouldn't have pulled the string. Yeah the hag deserves it but she can rot in jail then straight to hell. whats the rush.
Jun 2, 2015 7:17 PM

Apr 2008
my heart sank when I saw those puppies in the bathtub. :'(
Jun 30, 2015 10:27 PM

Aug 2012
every episode is the same... hajime can't stop the string being pulled by some dumb person that doesnt think enough about sending her soul to hell, this episode though, was pretty nonsense because of the late revenge.

at least Enma Ai emotions are being shown in the last episodes
Jul 8, 2015 7:05 PM
Jul 2015
I thought it was funny af how hell girl didnt even give the fat bi*** a chance repent and was juat like "time to die!"
Oct 26, 2015 6:15 PM

Mar 2015
I'm seriously bummed we didn't see that old fart in hell for a min or 2.

Put money on it as well that she provoked the dogs and that's why one bit her leg.

Also I'm kinda disturbed about the fact that some love for dogs here is almost non-existent o-o, get yourself a pet and bond with it. Then you will understand.
Nov 9, 2015 7:14 AM

Feb 2015
Heh, it's funny to see how so many don't like Tsugumi and especially Hajime-chan, since I like them very much. I only wish he wouldn't always fail in the end.

I find it little stupid that the girl pulled the string after all the dogs were dead and the old lady arrested. I mean, she would've been locked away and well.. the dogs were already dead. I understand she was sad and mad at the old lady cause she killed them, but was it really enough reason to go to Hell for eternity... I think not..
"Oh, I wasn't trying to be funny.. I would've put a 'Haha' at the end of it."

Nov 15, 2015 9:50 PM

Aug 2012
That stupid little girl!!! If she'd killed that fat, glutenous bitch from the beginning, she could have saved the dogs! She should have slipped poison or something in the food; as much as her ass was eating
Dec 14, 2015 6:47 PM

Jan 2013
Well, if the characters in this anime actually have a brain and not short sighted,the anime and the whole premise of the show would not have work at all.
Feb 19, 2016 5:54 PM

Mar 2011
When the episode comments are funnier than the episode itself...
Mar 20, 2016 12:26 PM

Mar 2015
Not the dogs! Again!

Hajime is clearly getting too involved. But he got protection from Ai.

Also that Orochimaru's voice is so recognizable.

Apr 30, 2016 3:17 PM

Feb 2015
Not dogs again.... STAHP! Leave poor dogs alone, use different animals or better yet... dont use animals at all.

Dang that miserable wretch, the bugger should've got a longer mindfunk before going to hell. Seriously though, this episode pissed me off, the girl should've pulled as soon as the first dog died not when they all died and that insignificant speck of feculent scum was already going to rot in prison, how dare her!

That reporter should bog off and all.
iDensityApr 30, 2016 3:39 PM
May 26, 2016 7:07 AM

May 2014
Poor Hajime, always failing to put some reasoning into people's heads. Some episodes had a way to be solved without the victims having to sell their souls, but since they acted stupid and screwed up, the only way left was resorting to Hell Girl. In this episode though, the case was already closed, the police found out the bitch also killed people, she was going to spend the rest of her life rotting in jail and then the eternity in hell after her death. There was absolutely no reason to pull the string, even the girl acknowledged that shit would've been avoided only if she had pulled the string earlier, it wouldn't change anything pulling it now that all the dogs were dead, then she pulled it anyway. Logic much?
Dec 29, 2016 2:20 AM
Dec 2016
*Human Died : Meh they deserve it
*Animal died : OHHH MY GOOOD HOW COULD THEY IM GONNA DROP THE RATING TO -100000000000000 RIGHT AWAY!!!!!!
*Ai sends people to hell : well they deserve it aii so cuteeee
*Good guys tries to stop people : WTF ARE YOU DOIIIING!!!! MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS I HATE YOOUU I WANT TO SEE AI SENDS INNOCENT STUPID PEOPLE TO HELLL. STOP ACTING HERO JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE WITH THE COMMON SENSE!!!!

So much for humanity eh? If you love animals watch jojo's bizzare adventure. God damnit the world is already full of retard
Jan 5, 2017 8:58 PM

Sep 2013
DANG! I thought we were FINALLY going to see someone make it through an episode without pulling that damn string!!!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Mar 15, 2017 4:58 AM
May 2016
as a animal lover this episode really set off my emotions,

but we gotta go easy on that girl she was just a little girl her dogs were held hostage by that bitch,

and when she saw her dogs's puppies dead on the tub she was acting out of her emotions and sometimes people don't think when their acting out o their emotion rationally especially if it's children and most adults can't think rationally either,

And Hajime go easy on him too he's trying to save people from going to hell and hell is not a good place to go and not every deserved to go to hell, like example that teacher who was a really nice guy who asked his student to send him to hell, and the sad and ironic thing was that the pulled the ribbon out of mercy, and there's really noting merciful about hell.
Mar 15, 2017 6:00 AM
May 2016
Raulzus said:
YES THAT FAT FUCK GOT SENT TO HELL MWAHAHAAHAHA! That woman was the most evil person I've seen in this anime. You have no idea how much I was grinning when she got sent to hell. Hajime once again trying to protect murderers from hell's clutches. I swear that guy is a whole nother level of idiot though that girl was so fucking stupid. She waits to pull the string when she could have saved the mother and her pups then she pulls the string after all her dogs died and she couldn't even save anyone and it hardly matter.

well to be fair Hajime is not protecting murderers he's protecting the people making the contracts because don't forget their going to hell too, but i do agree that lady needed to go to hell
Mar 15, 2017 10:50 AM

Apr 2009
The first time I thought that no one will go to hell in an episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 5, 2017 12:07 AM

Nov 2013
Wow that was so fucking cheap. I laughed so hard. What a pathetic, stupid excuse for angst.
This fucking girl. She could call her mom or police or whoever the fuck else in the FIRST day of dognapping.
I hope the writer will be taken by Hell Girl and will be tortured forever.
Apr 5, 2017 6:08 AM
May 2016
Gvendoline said:
Wow that was so fucking cheap. I laughed so hard. What a pathetic, stupid excuse for angst.
This fucking girl. She could call her mom or police or whoever the fuck else in the FIRST day of dognapping.

Keep in mind her dogs were being held hostage and that lady also threaten to kill her dogs if she and she made promise when she killed the first dog,
May 2, 2017 7:20 AM

Oct 2015
Fuck that fat bitch. Come on writers give us a more satisfying punishment. Dog Lives are more valuable than that bitches life
May 30, 2017 9:02 AM

May 2015
Get rekt you fat biatch
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jun 14, 2017 5:15 PM

Jan 2015
That fat lazy bitch pissed me off so badly (and its good to feel this way towards an antagonist) and i felt so bad for the Doggies having their mouth duct-taped :( you can just see how much they were suffering. And it was really sad when the Yukkie died and then Pinkie i think it was?
I kinda like the woman's story. (a really fucked up story) She is just insane and delusional. Killed her parents and burried them as well as her child on her yard. For money. Then hang out with lots of men while she was young and as an old hag she just lives the life. Probably the only challenge she ever faced was killing and other than that she is just a fat lazy pig.

The thing i didnt like is how Stupid the girl actually was. It felt really unrealistic. Like surely you can tell your mom in secret and then she will suggest what to do? or contact the police secretly? Or on the other note you can just free the dogs yourself. She is a fat lazy pig you will outrun her before she even notices. Or cant she use the good ol sleeping pills? like wtf is wrong with her there were so many outs so many differnet ways she could've played the whole situation out.

That's that but the other thing is that the woman is already gonna get punished and she will for sure meet hell in jail and then hell in afterlife. So why do you pull the thread? What is wrong with you woman. I get it she really likes her dogs and out of revenge she did that. They were dead though right? what's the point of throwing your life away after the deed was already done?(dogs died) Makes little to no sense to me.
Honestly the anime is really great but the execution and the writing is somwhat off sometimes. feels really dumb and unrealistic in some cases like this one but everything else is pretty great. The slowly slowly conveyed story (I like it)
7/10
Jun 27, 2017 3:14 AM

Apr 2014
I really hated this episode.. It's because the last one was great but this one was a piece of garbage.. Like seriously, she could just go to the police station and sort things out or talk to her parents.. But no, this is anime and she has to become a slave. And at the end she just gave her soul for nothing. The old woman was going to jail for life, all the dogs died so she couldn't save any.. but well shit lets go to hell for nothing because this is how the anime world works..

Really got on my nerves like no other episode of any anime ever.. Well maybe as much as inoue with "kurosaki- kun" dialoge but still.. pretty damn close
Jul 10, 2017 7:44 AM

Dec 2012
This episode was kind of dumb. Dude, the police exists.

Mother: Haven't you found your dogs yet?

Her: No. (Because saying "this woman has kidnapped them, let's call the police" was so hard).

Like, I get that she was a kid and all, but at the end the police was there anyway, lol, so...

From episode 12 to 18 this one was the worst. Plus I'm kind of getting tired of "they won't need to pull the string at the end, but something suddenly happens and they do it anyway".

eduard_albion said:
*Human Died : Meh they deserve it
*Animal died : OHHH MY GOOOD HOW COULD THEY IM GONNA DROP THE RATING TO -100000000000000 RIGHT AWAY!!!!!!

So true, lol.
PerquisitoreJul 10, 2017 7:49 AM
Jul 30, 2017 6:06 PM

Dec 2014
It actually took all the dogs dying for her to pull the string? LOL
This episode was so tilting to watch. The evil bastard was already headed to jail for murder so what was the point of pulling the string if all the dogs were already dead? You saved none of them because you were too hesitant! YOU COWARD!
Sep 24, 2017 11:43 PM
Aug 2016
Shape430 said:
I don't think her running away with the dogs would have been a good idea, it seemed like the lady was faking her injury and I doubt that little girl would have been able to carry both dog cages out of there without getting noticed and run down by her.

Also people seem to be forgetting that this lady murdered both her parents and her child, she was more dangerous then she appeared. Honestly if the lady had caught the girl trying to run with the dogs she probably would have ended up adding her to the garden lol. (although I think she would have ended up killing her eventually either way)

Or the lady could have just go to the police station and make a report. That's probably one of the possibility the little girl thought and that's why she rather follow the instruction. But it's still better to bring the dogs away than having to worry them every day and night plus affecting her life.

A lot of comments about telling the parents, either you didn't watch the episode completely or understand enough. Sure the girl could have tried to tell her mum but based on the voice alone, it seems like the mum is too busy at work to help her settle her trivia issue. Almost all problematic little girls have parents who work late and don't care about their issues.
Oct 31, 2017 6:06 AM

Sep 2012
jctdragon said:
Raulzus said:

well to be fair Hajime is not protecting murderers he's protecting the people making the contracts because don't forget their going to hell too, but i do agree that lady needed to go to hell

+1

at least some ppl get why hes doing it

yes that old hag deserves hell
Oct 31, 2017 6:09 AM

Sep 2012
jctdragon said:
as a animal lover this episode really set off my emotions,

but we gotta go easy on that girl she was just a little girl her dogs were held hostage by that bitch,

and when she saw her dogs's puppies dead on the tub she was acting out of her emotions and sometimes people don't think when their acting out o their emotion rationally especially if it's children and most adults can't think rationally either,

And Hajime go easy on him too he's trying to save people from going to hell and hell is not a good place to go and not every deserved to go to hell, like example that teacher who was a really nice guy who asked his student to send him to hell, and the sad and ironic thing was that the pulled the ribbon out of mercy, and there's really noting merciful about hell.

& also don't forget that the sender also goes to hell & the sender doesn't deserve it cause he or she is victim, most of the time sender is also innocent
Sugram22Oct 31, 2017 6:21 AM
Oct 31, 2017 6:13 AM

Sep 2012
Gvendoline said:

don't forget the dog bite the hag & she told the girl do as i said or i go to cops & then they put ur dogs down for attacking me, so would u go to cops if u think they will put ur dogs down when that hag tells them they attacked her? no u wouln't!

jctdragon said:
Gvendoline said:

Keep in mind her dogs were being held hostage and that lady also threaten to kill her dogs if she and she made promise when she killed the first dog,

that's also true + what i said above

there are a lot above who didn't get this ep, but i am to lazy to Quote to all of them :D
Sugram22Oct 31, 2017 6:19 AM
Dec 7, 2017 3:57 PM

Oct 2015
Miki: Oh noez please don't kill my dog!!!!

*Dog gives birth*

Miki:Yay! Okay, I'm leaving the dog and the puppies in your care ma'am ^^ ciao!
Feb 26, 2018 1:49 PM

Nov 2008
That bitch deserved a good string pull.
Aug 31, 2018 1:12 PM

Feb 2018
Like i get it that for the sake of the plot she HAD to untie the thread, but why would first of all go to Hell for all eternity for her dogs? I get that she loved them and all but going for ALL eternity isn't worth it.. and when she was caught and she would spend her whole life in prison and then she would of course go to Hell she would get double punished as she would suffer for the rest of her life and.. in the afterlife too :<
Feb 17, 2019 8:17 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
I truly can understand her ... if someone threatened my 2 lovely furrballs I would go nuts

May 31, 2019 2:03 AM

Apr 2017
Meh, this episode was all kinds of stupid the more I think about it.

She couldn't grab the dog cages and run?! Just shoulder check the hag and run for it! A dog biting someone is nothing compared to a woman abusing a child by physically assaulting them and holding their dogs hostage!

She couldn't tell her mother, at least, that she was being threatened - even after the woman killed one dog?! I doubt the woman would do anything to the dogs if the girl was accompanied by one or two adults.

The woman killed her own parents and buried them in the garden? Some years had probably passed since the bodies were only skeletons, unless she's more of a pro serial killer than we know, and it looked like they were buried like inches below ground (unless she kept the bones somewhere else and moved them to the garden? But why??). How the hell were they not discovered in all that time? Didn't the police search the property if the parents went missing? How did she inherit their money in the first place, if it generally takes years of a person going missing before they're declared deceased?

Why didn't the woman leave the girl alone if it became clear that she didn't see her burying the remains? Keeping her around only increased the chances of her coming across the bodies accidentally.

I can understand her pulling the string; she was in shock and obviously not thinking clearly. That being said, damning her soul for some dogs is extremely stupid. If only Shibata grabbed the doll out of her hands instead of standing there uselessly.

So disappointing, after the previous episode.
Pande91May 31, 2019 2:06 AM
Jun 14, 2019 7:48 AM

Sep 2012
Moonfrost said:

And Hajime is the good guy here. I agree, he's trying to get them to realize that there are better ways to solve a problem.

to some ppl pets are family like ur sister or brothet and when u consider that she us a kid its even worse kids get more attached to pets and are more emotional and u know how they are so ofc kid would sell hes soul to avange hers/hes pet we are talking about a kif here after all

Raulzus said:
Moonfrost said:

If you were paying attention, you would have realized that those dogs meant more to her than you might think.

not to menion the fack that she is a kid still, what i said above

jctdragon said:
Raulzus said:

finally som1 who gets the main reason hes doing this, its comon sense

Gvendoline said:

u know what happens with dogs that bite ppl for no reason? so doing what u suggested would havecended their lives as well cause she can't prove that there was a reason

also Keep in mind her dogs were being held hostage and that lady also threaten to kill her dogs if she and she made promise when she killed the first dog
Sugram22Apr 12, 2021 7:25 AM
Aug 24, 2019 8:26 AM
Oct 2015
urgh I don't know what to say, if the Girl wants to pull it she should have done it earlier, I was frustrated since the old hag got what she deserved and the girl (at least for me) just needed a lot of time to cool her head off, i'm an animal lover and I know what happened to her dogs was unforgivable. still its better than selling your soul to the devil. she should have just cried all she wants, talk to her mother and try her best to move on.
I can't believe I'm saying this but Junko from Episode 4 has a more decent reason to pull the string off.
Jan 17, 2020 1:16 PM

Jul 2008
Okay it's been a long time since I've watched a movie or tv show or anime episode of anything that I couldn't stomach.

Until this episode.

Oh I agree the girl was dumb, that aside...

I have a corgi....there were 2 beautiful corgis in this episode...one had puppies... and they were all brutally murdered.

The rage and sadness and fear I felt this episode is swelling in me right now. I can't stand animal abusers, even more than domestic abusers (yes maybe my priorities are screwed up there but it's how I feel damn it. Both things are heinous!).

RAAAAAGH!!!! I want to scream right now!!!
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

redbuzz - May 8, 2008

69 by kirA_-_ »»
Mar 30, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Predseln - Apr 16, 2009

70 by kirA_-_ »»
Mar 30, 3:23 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Episode 11 Discussion

Moonfrost - Sep 19, 2009

47 by kirA_-_ »»
Mar 29, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Chilli-Kun - Jan 31, 2008

78 by kirA_-_ »»
Mar 29, 10:36 AM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

sugarplumfairy - Oct 2, 2008

91 by kirA_-_ »»
Mar 14, 4:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.