Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 17, 2014 10:39 AM

Dec 2013
I finished watching Shiki and I have a few questions ( p.s I might have missed a couple of things and I don't really remember the details that well so I am sorry if you find the questions dumb).

I kinda don't get this whole " resigning from their jobs right before dying and moving out of the village" thing. I don't remember the details that well, but I think the purpose of hypnotizing people and making them move out of the village was to cover the deaths in the village ( and i think Natsuno said something about them ( the movers) being dead). But why would they quit their jobs before dying? was it to make it easier on the shiki that was feeding on them? in this chapter : http://www.mangareader.net/shiki/21/26 the doctor said it was also to cover the deaths in the village but how would it cover them? was it because those guys worked outside the village and they ( the shikis) didn't want anyone to notice anything ( the signs after being bitten ) since at that time there were no Shikis working there?

Also, in this chapter, the shiki mentioned that Nao's husband and her son weren't part of the village when they died so the number of deaths since September is zero. but what about the other people who died while they were still living in the village? ( i am not sure but was it because someone got rid of the documents? i think they did say something like that in one of the episodes but can't remember which one) and if that was the case, why did the doctor go there again knowing that someone was controlling the health department ?

Also, about Sunako's plan, if it did work out, and all of the villagers became shiki, then how would they survive without blood from killing other people? I know that werewolves can survive ( Tatsumi said it i guess ) but what about the rest? would they go to other villages/cities and hunt people there? wouldn't it seem suspicious ? ( assuming that the other villages/cities aren't isolated like Satoba)

Last thing : i'd really appreciate it if someone told me briefly about the story of Cain and Abel and how it's related to the priest.

Thank you :))
Ichigo_1990Feb 18, 2014 11:10 AM
Feb 24, 2014 3:15 PM

Dec 2013
help plz ;(
Feb 24, 2014 6:33 PM

Mar 2008
Resigning from work is less strange than if they suddenly stopped coming to work for.

I'm not sure as to the zero deaths thing.

Unless it's discussed in the novel/manga, I don't think we'll ever know what they'd do once the village was theirs, but it does seem like it'd have to be an elaborate plan. ('Werewolf' was a pretty awful translation by the way).

Cain and Abel are famous biblical figures. Cain is the first murderer, and Abel is the first human to die. After Cain murders his brother Abel, he lies of it to God and is punished with a curse: the 'mark of Cain', and forced to 'wander'. Some interpretations have mythologised it as being cursed to wander the Earth forever.

I believe the story written by the priest was used as a parallel to both the Shiki/Sunako and probably the Priest, but I can't recall the exact details. Wasn't there a part where Cain and Abel become Shiki?
Feb 25, 2014 5:14 PM

Dec 2013
Ckan said:
Resigning from work is less strange than if they suddenly stopped coming to work for.

I'm not sure as to the zero deaths thing.

Unless it's discussed in the novel/manga, I don't think we'll ever know what they'd do once the village was theirs, but it does seem like it'd have to be an elaborate plan. ('Werewolf' was a pretty awful translation by the way).

Cain and Abel are famous biblical figures. Cain is the first murderer, and Abel is the first human to die. After Cain murders his brother Abel, he lies of it to God and is punished with a curse: the 'mark of Cain', and forced to 'wander'. Some interpretations have mythologised it as being cursed to wander the Earth forever.

I believe the story written by the priest was used as a parallel to both the Shiki/Sunako and probably the Priest, but I can't recall the exact details. Wasn't there a part where Cain and Abel become Shiki?

Oh! that makes sense now.Thank you :D
Yeah the thing about the zero deaths made me somewhat confused :
Werewolf like Tatsumi and Natsuno? Jinrou? didn't tatsumi look a bit like a wolf?
what would be a better translation?
Yeah Cain and Abel become shiki but i kinda don't get how the story relates to Muroi-san. Does that mean Sunako is Abel and the one who killed her and turned her into shiki is Cain?
Mar 14, 2014 4:06 PM

Feb 2014
i assume i heard sunako said that they want the whole village to be shikis so they can get a hidden place to hide it in while attacking people in cities instead of running from everything :)

Mar 15, 2014 11:04 AM

Dec 2013
Zeina10 said:
i assume i heard sunako said that they want the whole village to be shikis so they can get a hidden place to hide it in while attacking people in cities instead of running from everything :)

Thanks for your answer!
Do you remember which episode? I'd really appreciate it.
Mar 17, 2014 8:33 AM

Feb 2014
I'll try to find what episode if i'm lucky i should find it right away if i can't then i'm so sorry :/

Mar 20, 2014 1:40 PM

Dec 2013
Zeina10 said:
I'll try to find what episode if i'm lucky i should find it right away if i can't then i'm so sorry :/

it's alright.thanks for trying!
Oct 25, 2014 1:47 PM

Dec 2013
bump
Oct 27, 2014 4:32 PM

Jul 2013
How long can shiki go without feeding?
Feb 8, 2016 5:44 PM
Feb 2016
Alright well just to let you know I watched a bit out of curiosity and can tell you this. I never killed my brother and yeah there are quite a few foreshadowing and symbolic things that you missed. I believe it is best to get to know someone before you judge them and I did not lie to God I was petrified in that book. Wow thinking back really brings back memories but carry on just pretend that I'am not here like everyone does. Just because I was reborn in this life does not mean I have not had y fair share of you all bashing me and the story and messing up the truth and making it a bunch of folly so go on go on write and read your stuff I'am not here just wandering like usual. Have a blessed day and year. Namaste yours truly Cain.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shiki Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Dec 30, 2010

958 by mairyland »»
Apr 10, 11:14 AM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Dec 9, 2010

202 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 5:46 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Dec 2, 2010

312 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 5:17 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Nov 25, 2010

226 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Nuzuky - Oct 14, 2010

245 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 12:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.