MyAnimeList.net

Manga Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Clover in Live-action negotiations
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Manga Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Clover »» Clover in Live-action negotiations

07-25-09, 4:14 PM

ANN reports Universal and Dark Horse Comics are in negotiations to make a live action movie of this. I haven't read nor seen Clover so I'm pretty neutral on this. Interesting to say the least but I can't help but post this cynical remark that the CLAMP wolves will now have a new victim to shred apart.

11-18-09, 4:39 PM

Really?! (Link to article if you can find it again?)

I always hoped Clover got an actual anime adaptation of some kind, but a live-action movie? I'm not sure how well it could transfer from comic into LA, as the film will be need to have lots of CGI effects, if they want to faithfully recreate the futuristic setting that is. As for the story itself, i'm curious to see how that will turn out. The story is kinda difficult to follow, I had to read it twice to understand it better. So whoever is writing the script will either expand upon some things in the manga and make a nice story or will write a confusing mess. I also think its best if they pick a director who usually does an artsy-style, as I think Clover would look best with artistic camera angles (like the manga).

Anywho, this will either be an award-winning quality masterpiece or a box office bomb, depending on whos working on it and how they adapt it. So i'm going to keep my hopes low on this one, as it seems just about every other anime adaptation film was been crap so far (I don't want to be disapointed if it turns out to be a bomb.) I WILL be looking forward to the effects used in this though, as Hollywood can pull off some amazing effects these days.

Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices