Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 24, 2009 12:58 AM

Apr 2008
Did you say in a previous interview that you welcomed a guitar technician as a brain in the recording of ?STACKED RUBBISH?, which enabled you to do various things, Uruha?

Yes. That was true. I thought I wanted to make guitar sounds with a more varied approach, and what’s more, we made various types of songs more than before, so we needed to widen what we would do, I think.

Certainly, this album contains various types of songs. How many songs did you write originally, Uruha?

I wrote 2 songs, which are [SWALLOWTAIL ON THE DEATHVALLEY] and [MOB 136 BARS].

I see, those songs are lined up in the middle of the album. [SWALLOWTAIL ON THE DEATHVALLEY] is an outstanding rock’n’roll tune. How did you make the song?

Well, when I made this song, I didn’t have an image in my head of a rock’n’roll song. If anything, it just came out naturally, I think, like I didn’t aim to do it but it just was.

In the beginning of [SWALLOWTAIL ON THE DEATHVALLEY], there is a part where recordings which were done in the studio were put in as is. That? idea is quite creative and works in well.

Yeah we were just goofing around (laugh) but it did work in well.

You seem to have really chosen your music, another song [MOB 136 BARS] seems entirely aggressive.

I really brooded over the fast hard part of this song. Every time when I make our albums, I make these kinds of songs and I brood over it more and more, and this is the newest edition.

I see. In other words, is it like an evolution of [DISCHARGE] in your former album ?NIL??

Yes.

[DISCHARGE] is not only fast but there was a feeling of grinding, but in [MOB 136 BARS], the sounds are more straight and impulsive.

Yeah I ignored the need to be catchy nor easy to listen to.(laugh) I wanted the type of hardness that when you listen to the music you go into in a trans state and your feelings go higher and higher.

These 2 songs seem to step on the accelerator toward the later half of the album.

Yeah, they really seem to do that. They aren’t anything but accelerators.(laugh)

On the other hand, what impression did you have for the songs made by other members, Uruha?

Um. First of all, I thought they were so diverse.(laugh)

Was there anything you paid attention to when you pulled various things together into one work?

Um. I thought I could make something out of them even though they were so diverse. It’s not unusual for us to have various pieces put into one work.

Yes but this time it seems more than usual.

Well I didn’t intended to pull them together in any particular way, and we had good environment to do various things to our sound, so I just thought about making the various songs into different shapes. This was a real opportunity to do lots of things that we had never done before.

For Uruha, what song was it that you could make ‘that hadn’t done before’ ?

Uhn….firstly [AGONY]. And then I think [CALMENVY].

[AGONY] is the new original sound created by the GazettE after [FILTH IN THE BEAUTY].

Well we have a real mixture there. My approach was keeping humanity low key and creating a mechanical feeling, but still giving the feeling of lives or living. For that I needed to make each sound important one by one. So I researched sounds a lot. I really used my head in recording.

While you think about the balance of each part, you shaped sounds the way that you wanted to, which seems very difficult.

Yes. I have to keep away from interfering with everything too much. It’s not good to mix them too much; there are places that you don’t or shouldn’t touch.

You had to choose the best shape among a lot of possibilities in a limited period of time.

Yes, I really think so. This time we had technician staff and I could challenge so many things, but it also made me take the time to choose the best sounds.

About [CALM ENVY], what is it that ‘you hadn’t done before’? When I listen to it, I thought that the mellow sounds of the guitar solo are very nice.

Yes. The intro of this song really has atmosphere, the guitar solo is quite bluesy. And the position of the guitar solo is delicate, because the solo comes after finishing the main melody and after the songs climax.

Was it difficult to do this?

Yes. I played like I would link to the last climax. So I tried to use lower sounds than which I usually use in my solo part.

Then the album ?STACKED RUBBISH?was made up by 14 songs including various types of new songs, and some already made songs. What existence do you think this album has from the point of view of a creator of the album?

For us, when we think about how the GazettE will go from now on, this work is quite important, I think.

That’s great.

What can I say…. I felt that we were able to make this album all together as a band.

How do you mean?

Before, I felt like each of us put ourselves first and we would try to compete with one another, and in the end put our sound together. But this time was different. Instead of putting ourselves in front, we thought more about songs themselves. We put our personalities on the shelf and really put our music first. I noticed that there were many things that a too strong ego made me blind to before. Honestly speaking, I was disgusted at first when members or people around me pointed that out to me in recordings.(smile bitterly). But now I know I’m lucky to be in a band with members who stay close to and give honest advice to each other. After I noticed that I felt that I changed a lot. I really think that this recording gave me some very good experiences.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

cool~! :D Uru-chan made SWALLOWTAIL ON THE DEATHVALLEY~! <D
I love that song :D and I love mob 136 bars~~~~~~!!!!!!! :D
uchihasasuke1995Jul 24, 2009 1:01 AM

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Aug 6, 2009 9:02 AM

May 2008
Again thanks for the translation! I've always hoped that someone would do it! thank you so much.
Aug 6, 2009 12:17 PM

Apr 2008
sabgian said:
Again thanks for the translation! I've always hoped that someone would do it! thank you so much.

ohh you're welcome :D but credit goes to.....eeeettooooo...I forgot who XD just some site ^^''''

Aug 9, 2009 7:58 PM

May 2008
uchihasasuke1995 said:
sabgian said:

ohh you're welcome :D but credit goes to.....eeeettooooo...I forgot who XD just some site ^^''''

haha you're funny.. doesn't matter...thanks for finding it and posting it here.. :)
Aug 10, 2009 9:16 AM

Apr 2008
sabgian said:
uchihasasuke1995 said:
sabgian said:

haha you're funny.. doesn't matter...thanks for finding it and posting it here.. :)

no prob <D
ohh really? :D thanx ^____________________________________^

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Uruha ! IN BLACK HAIR !!! *.*

uchihasasuke1995 - Sep 7, 2008

13 by simxo »»
Mar 12, 2011 3:41 AM

» [REQUEST CLOSED] Uruha Fan Club IDs ( 1 2 )

StudioKyoko - May 4, 2009

81 by StudioKyoko »»
Sep 17, 2010 6:59 AM

» Facts about Uruha-kun

uchihasasuke1995 - Jun 17, 2009

7 by uchihasasuke1995 »»
Dec 24, 2009 5:30 AM

» Uruha's accessories and stuff

uchihasasuke1995 - Jan 28, 2009

4 by Shinigami_hei »»
Oct 22, 2009 7:38 AM

» ARENA 37° Special - Uruha

uchihasasuke1995 - Sep 7, 2009

2 by uchihasasuke1995 »»
Sep 16, 2009 2:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.