Forum Settings
Forums
New
Kino's Journey - the Beautiful World: Byouki no Kuni -For You- Discussion
Jan 1, 2008 2:34 AM

Apr 2007
Finally! What a new years treat, totally brightened the crappy new years i was having :D.

What can i say about the movie? Well for one i was disappointed that it was only 20 something minutes -3-, but overall its Kino and i love Kino, other than the length it didn't disappoint ^^. Loved the animation, story and everything.

Now I hope for more movies or whatever like this one on other parts of the novels (crosses fingers!).

Kino <3!~
SiingJan 1, 2008 3:30 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 1, 2008 7:53 AM

Mar 2007
It was excellent!
I can't complain about the length, I mean the three days in each town in the series were about 30min as well.

Siing said:
Now I hope for more movies or whatever like this one on other parts of the novels (crosses fingers!).

I agree, that would be awsome. Or something like a second season.

Oh yeah, this gets a 9/10.
Jan 3, 2008 5:36 AM

Jun 2007
A second season would be amazing, but OVA's would rock as well. I just want more Kino. I've heard there is plenty of material to work with, so I'm wondering why they haven't madea second season.
The cake is a lie
Jan 3, 2008 1:49 PM

Jan 2008
It was subbed, can someone please tell me where I can access it? I need more Kino!
Jan 3, 2008 9:00 PM

Apr 2007
maxcherry715 said:
It was subbed, can someone please tell me where I can access it? I need more Kino!

I downloaded mine from tokyotosho, but someones probably uploaded it on crunchroll or whatever by now.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 3, 2008 9:38 PM

Jan 2008
Siing said:
maxcherry715 said:

I downloaded mine from tokyotosho, but someones probably uploaded it on crunchroll or whatever by now.

Thanks for telling me, I would of forgotten all about this movie if you hadn't posted about it.

As far as the movie goes I thought it was amazing. I'm hoping that more of them come out in the near future and also I am waiting for Tokyopop to translate the rest of the light novels.
Jan 4, 2008 7:20 PM

Jul 2007
OMIGOSH
the movie came out!?!
i've been waiting for this movie for such a long time!!!!!
YAY KINO! *runs off to download it*
Jan 4, 2008 11:10 PM

Jan 2007
i found the story to be ok, but since its kino, i enjoyed it. 7/10
Jan 5, 2008 8:09 AM

Jul 2007
This story was meh but hey its Kino and I love Kino

but can someone tell me why the guy flipped out at the end and tried to kill Kino? Was he just nuts or was there another reason??
Jan 5, 2008 8:48 AM

Apr 2007
Currency said:

but can someone tell me why the guy flipped out at the end and tried to kill Kino? Was he just nuts or was there another reason??

Nobody knows why, but you can guess and make your own conclusions.

The 2 things that came out to me straight away are:
1> He does'nt really know who Kino is, and he just told the country's secret to her. Obviously he's not about to just let that slip, and so the obvious thing is to wipe Kino out.

2>He was going to capture Kino to use her for the experiments. Saves having to sacrifice someone from his own country.
Or ofcourse, both of the above together.

Jan 5, 2008 9:13 AM

Jul 2007
yeah... i wasn't exactly impressed by this one
compared to the episodes in the kino series, this movie wasn't all that great
i'm giving it a 7/10
but hey, it's kino ^^; and kino is my die hard favorite series ~
May 29, 2008 9:29 AM

Oct 2007
loved it, every thing with kino is awsome!^ ^
Jul 29, 2008 4:33 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Another quite ironic episode/movie. The girl read the letters sent from a boy who was living outside the country in order to develop a cure for the sickness the girl has and which was probably caused by living in confined space to begin with. And the boy died for the sake of helping that girl live in a world she would probably not want to be in anymore if she learned of the boy's death. No one will write any more letters to her now it seems.

The CG was unnecessary but Kino looked really pretty. 8/10

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 29, 2008 1:47 AM
Jul 2018
Siing said:
Currency said:

Nobody knows why, but you can guess and make your own conclusions.

The 2 things that came out to me straight away are:
1> He does'nt really know who Kino is, and he just told the country's secret to her. Obviously he's not about to just let that slip, and so the obvious thing is to wipe Kino out.

2>He was going to capture Kino to use her for the experiments. Saves having to sacrifice someone from his own country.
Or ofcourse, both of the above together.

i think he meant to provoke kino to kill him so he'd stop writing letters and/or lying to inasha. i still wonder why this came out as a movie... it could've been just an episode in the series >< well anyways it was good... kino ftw~!
Nov 3, 2008 1:16 PM

Aug 2008
My God, what did they do with this series?! I don't even know what to say. The hell happened with drawing and animation? Is it just because of different producer? It's totally different from TV series and previous movies. Animation and style are horrible! I even couldn't fully concentrate on the story because I was thinking about ripping my eyes off. I should give it 4 but since it's Kino no Tabi - 6. Another unforgivable crime committed on excellent story.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Feb 8, 2009 7:55 PM

Dec 2007
You are on crack Antanaru.
Feb 12, 2009 4:01 AM

Mar 2008
It felt as if this movie was more realistic, instead of the fantasy-like atmosphere in the main series. It just didn't gave the same feeling as the other episodes or the Life goes On-movie.

And did Kino had an different hair colour or what? It bothered me the whole time. >_<
Mar 29, 2009 10:41 AM
Sep 2008
What sucked:
1. Kino's hair was grey instead of brownish.
2. Too much 3D stuff that distracted.
3. The animation style differed from previous parts of the franchise.
4. No scanlines!
5. The things above destroyed the "feeling" that has been present in previous parts
6. Kino didn't look as cute as she used to. Perhaps it's because of the different hair colour?

What was good:
1. The story worked
2. Kino is awesome

Gave it 7/10 because I felt generous. The strongest feeling after watching the episode was... Disappointment.
Apr 23, 2009 8:51 PM

Feb 2008
Lakitu said:
What sucked:
1. Kino's hair was grey instead of brownish.
4. No scanlines!
5. The things above destroyed the "feeling" that has been present in previous parts
6. Kino didn't look as cute as she used to. Perhaps it's because of the different hair colour?

What was good:
1. The story worked
2. Kino is awesome

Gave it 7/10 because I felt generous. The strongest feeling after watching the episode was... Disappointment.

HEY! I would disagree on #6. For me, Kino looked more moe in this, her face looks overly cute. Maybe because it's now smaller than it was used to be.

The 3d stuff is ok for me, I think that's more better.

I mean, I love SHAFT's animation! They are really good, and I think they deserve a rightful rating. :D

I'm still so confused about the end.

Actually, I'VE HEARD GUNSHOTS but I wonder why Kino's still alive and Inertia got a reply... So both of them are still alive, right? XD

I feel kinda sad for the boy though...

NICE VA for Kino. :D
Jul 12, 2009 12:12 AM

Feb 2008
SHAFT did a good job on this one.

I actually like Kino's character design. It was different and refreshing.
Jul 18, 2009 12:02 AM

Sep 2008
Great Kino story! I absolutely love the Kino series, and the Country of Disease story might be one of my favorites. I thought the graphics boost was kind of cool, though rather cheesy-looking at times. The Hermes humor was great in this story IMO.
The story was well-done, though very very sad. =( Such a pity, that those two children were caught up in such a terrible facade. Ultimately, we're all in a world where people have to die, including kids.
So depressing, yet Kino travels on. As she always does. =)
Aug 16, 2009 4:37 PM
Jun 2008
Siing said:

Well thought! Now that you said that, the Lieutenant looked like Logue's father for me...

Maybe it's just me.

Also, what a great name, Inertia XD
I wonder if her father's name was Newton
Lol
rodrigohmuAug 16, 2009 4:41 PM
Sep 16, 2009 3:45 AM

Sep 2008
The different animation actually caught me off guard. It's pretty, but I liked the animation of the original series [better]; it had a certain charm to it.

The ending did kind of confuse me... Gunshots but they were both alive, apparently. So the story was kind of okay-ish but obviously Kino was in it so it's all good. Kino's awesomeness made up for anything I didn't like. :D
Dec 3, 2009 11:23 AM

Aug 2009
CG looked kinda unnecessary. Also, there are no more scanlines ;_;
MinorDesperaJul 6, 2016 7:31 AM
Jan 18, 2010 11:14 AM

Jun 2009
i liked the animation for this, and was it just me or was kino's hair longer?
pretty good story, just like series
Jun 17, 2010 4:32 PM

Jan 2010
wow different animation style :p

it was a nice special :-),and i loled when Hermes was flirting with the other motorrad lol

on overrall,it was a (very) sad episode...i really was worried that Kino died for a bit,but Kino's still Kino :-)

5/5 and 8/10 for the movie
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Jul 5, 2010 10:30 AM

Jul 2009
merle_noir said:

The ending did kind of confuse me... Gunshots but they were both alive, apparently. So the story was kind of okay-ish but obviously Kino was in it so it's all good. Kino's awesomeness made up for anything I didn't like. :D

Obviously he missed.

I think he tried to kill her because she knew that the pioneer colonies were creating human sacrifices. He couldn't risk having her return to the city and telling someone.
Jul 26, 2010 2:52 PM

Jan 2010
I was kind of used to Kino's older character design, even if she looks more moe now.
Jun 10, 2011 1:52 PM

Nov 2007
Lakitu said:
4. No scanlines!
I agree with this completely. Having just completed the series, it bugged me even more. There was a slight difference in the directorial style too. More moments of silence instead of Kino/Hermes dialogue, more far away travelling shots etc etc

I didn't hate it, but it bugged me slightly. Regardless, the colours were pretty nice and I think Kino actually looked even cuter and closer to the way she looks on the novel illustrations.

The gunshots at the end confused me too (since both of them are still alive) but overall I enjoyed it. Once again, irony and tragedy permeates everything Kino. 8/10

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Jul 31, 2012 9:25 AM

Sep 2008
This movie was really well-made. The story is deep and - as in most cases - touches the most 'taboo' aspects of human nature. I loved this one and I hope there will be more someday.
Mar 8, 2013 3:05 AM

Aug 2012
hmmm.. I don't really understand the story or the deep meaning of this movie...but somehow it entertain me...7/10 for this movie 9/10 for series ^^
Mar 25, 2013 2:05 PM

Jul 2012
Amaya-dono said:
merle_noir said:

The gunshots at the end confused me too (since both of them are still alive) but overall I enjoyed it. Once again, irony and tragedy permeates everything Kino. 8/10

I think he felt guilt for the boy's death so he wanted to die to repent. Kino probably spared him because she wanted him to fulfill his responsibility of telling the sick girl the truth.

And...I wasn't a big fan of the art/animation changes as well, but I did enjoy the movie. Now I'm left with a feeling of wanting more. :<
May 25, 2013 10:39 PM

Jan 2013
Hmm this was done by Shft which is unexpected. But, the animation was great.
Story was alright.
7.5/10
Jul 13, 2013 1:46 PM

May 2011
I enjoyed this movie. Yes, different animation but I think it was good. Kino also looked older here. The story was okay, a few loose screws but I liked it.

8/10
Aug 4, 2013 11:14 AM

Mar 2010
wasnt the best episode but it was quite sad :[
Aug 24, 2013 9:07 PM

Nov 2011
Land of diseases huh? Sounds dreadful to me...

I love the atmosphere of this though with the elegant landscapes. The part where Kino was cleaned up looked awkward to me lololol

Inasha looks cute enough for her character I guess. As regarding the disease, I guess it's like some sort of cancer that can slow down the process but can't completely cure it. It's a damn shame the letter that she wanted to sent to Rogue...never makes it to him since he actually died.

I felt the ending was a bit hollow in the sense that Inasha doesn't know the reality but holds what's there at her heart. Decent episode. I definitely enjoyed this. 8/10.
Aug 24, 2013 9:18 PM
Jan 2011
"All people exist in the illusion that
they are the main character."
Kino: "I don’t think there is anyone who
knows how or when the world is going to
end. It would be too easy."
Hermes: "But what would you be doing
if the world was really going to end
tomorrow?"
Kino: "The exact same thing I’m doing
right now."
"Though I did not know the place,
I set out to find the land of my dreams,
Having arrived at the land of my
dreams,
I found that I did not know the place."
"The world is not beautiful; and that, in
a way, lends it a sort of beauty." or
"The world is not beautiful; therefore it
is."
"The problem with revenge is no good
can come from it."
"The reason we hurt others is because
we don't understand their pain."
"One of the things I have learned
through my travels is to retain my
thoughts until I have solid facts."
Nov 29, 2013 6:03 PM

Nov 2011
Beautiful story, the animation looked good too.

It was a very sad episode and even sadder because there's no more Kino to watch. :(

I enjoyed this series very much.
Sep 17, 2014 7:16 PM
Mar 2008
I don't think Kino looking more moe is a positive thing, this show should never be about what Kino looks like. I liked her before personally, and I really don't like the hairstyle change. Some of the animation was good, but there was a few parts that just looked off. There was one part in particular where it didn't look at all like Kino's feet were actually touching the ground.

Kino's personality felt a bit off in this and it felt too different from the original for me to fully enjoy it. I didn't hate it, but I wouldn't say it was great either.
Nov 6, 2014 9:07 PM

Aug 2010
The more modern animation took a bit to get used to, but Kino's design was cuter.

I feel bad for that girl, not knowing her friend is dead.
The climax was mostly off-screen, disapointingly.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Nov 11, 2014 9:15 PM

Jul 2012
Really good! It felt like it could've been another episode in the main series (which they definitely need to make more of!). I liked the visual style of the main series better, but I didn't think the visual style in this movie was bad. Except for the scene where Kino was walking toward the viewer in her hotel room, I thought the CG was done well enough that it wasn't distracting.

Also, I thought they portrayed the military guy's internal conflict really well.

Also also, to those who are wondering what was up with the ending due to hearing the gunshots but having them both be alive, just because you shoot someone doesn't mean you have to shoot them fatally. Kino's easily a good enough shot to have incapacitated him without killing him.
You can also find me at:
Wordpress
Tumblr
Jan 29, 2015 3:21 AM

Nov 2013
This was an interesting take on the Kino's Journey franchise courtesy of SHAFT.

Just when I thought we would finally get a Kino's Journey episode that would make me feel warm and fuzzy inside till the very end, it gets dark as shit. Goddammit Kino's Journey.

The constant CG was really annoying.

I really liked the new character designs. They didn't look all ugly like they did previously. Definitely made Kino look a lot cuter. ♥

Don't know how I feel about the scanlines being gone. Those were what made Kino's Journey unique.

That scene with Inertia crying was too short. If you're going to make someone sad, you have to give the viewer more time to feel bad for the character.

Those scenes with Hermes talking to the vehicle got a few chuckles out of me.

Overall I think people are overreacting. Other than the CG and maybe the missing scanlines, I thought this was a nice short movie.

I give it a 7.5/10

Mar 25, 2015 3:58 PM

Dec 2013
Finally visuals worthy of this anime! Kino looked different but I liked her looks.
It was a nice story but I need more. So Kino was made to kill a person once again in this movie. The ending song was good.
Jun 27, 2015 2:12 PM

Jan 2013
Not much to say other than the fact that the animation style was different, so was Kino.
Kino was a bit more feminine, wouldve prefered her old hair colour though, grey-ish didnt really fit imo.

8/10
Sep 19, 2015 12:10 AM

Aug 2013
I'm so sad. This is the final episode of Kino's Journey. I doubt we'll ever get another season. It's been so long.
Oct 3, 2015 2:58 AM

Apr 2009
Kino just got infected by the moe virus.
Dec 12, 2015 8:00 AM
Sep 2014
7/10
Feb 7, 2017 7:47 PM

Jan 2012
Not like others , didn't feel like Kino

art not the same too

Oct 20, 2017 1:49 PM

May 2010
Art's fine, don't see anything bad about it except the meh cgi. And I got Mushishi vibes for the first time from this series, maybe it was the atmosphere.
Nov 1, 2017 10:32 PM

Jan 2014
I liked it definitely had that bittersweet feeling and moral dilemma ending that made the series great and heart wrenching.

I especially like that touch when Inertia is reading the letter at the end and it switches from her voice to Cole's in the last line that leads me to believe that he wrote it in a way that differed from the rest of the note or the ones she received before to reveal that Louge had in fact died and this was being written by a different person.

But, that is just me speculating!

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kino's Journey: The Land of Sickness -For You- Episode 1 Discussion

gohdan - Dec 9, 2009

7 by WolfWood37 »»
Nov 3, 2018 6:44 AM

» Do i need to watch the rest of Kino no tabi

moodie - Jun 4, 2015

2 by RPPuzzle »»
Oct 10, 2017 8:57 PM

» This was shown in theaters?

Chomechan - Jul 18, 2009

0 by Chomechan »»
Jul 18, 2009 11:23 PM

» Where I can find Kino's Journey (second movie)

YanoAmi - Feb 15, 2009

0 by YanoAmi »»
Feb 15, 2009 7:32 PM

» Just wandering...

Siing - Apr 28, 2007

4 by martino »»
May 1, 2007 9:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.