MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 3 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Ookami to Koushinryou II »» Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 3 Discussion

Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 3 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

225 82.42%
4 out of 5: Liked it

31 11.36%
3 out of 5: It was OK

13 4.76%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

3 1.10%
1 out of 5: Hated it

1 0.37%
Voters: 273

07-24-09, 9:34 PM

Drama took over halfway through the episode, what is Lawrence doing?

07-24-09, 9:39 PM

always wanted to see a bit more development in the first season nice to see something happening in the 2nd

07-24-09, 10:31 PM

I been thinking about some things, like what is Yoistu? is it a just a village? or is it like a land of the old gods? Cause they why they talk about it, it's almost mythical. Also is there more old gods other then Horo?
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.

07-24-09, 10:58 PM

D-GreatRuler said:
Horo's cynicism was amusing to watch. It provided much needed entertainment.

But... I'm still in the dark when it comes to the business side of the anime. Any explanations? Unless it's already been given and I missed it?

crazy old women that was selling those nifty rocks was tipped off that the church was coming so she left. In their time magic and such was considered evil and the church would punish anyone practicing it by jail time or death. Since the old women was gone, the city had no one to sell those stones. For some reason the stones became a trend amongst the women in the city which caused the market value of the otherwise worthless stones to skyrocket. Now a few merchants are selling the stones and becoming semi-rich in the process. This is how the kid is making enough money to pay off Horo's debt

With all that said Lawrence is attempting to make triple the profit. He already knows the kid is gonna win the bet and pay up the money for Horo's "debt". Lawrence is also assuming Horo will reject the kid which would make Lawrence win in all the side betting that's going on around him (who will end up with Horo after the fact). Lawrence is also attempting to sell those stones while the price's are high. If all goes well he would make money from three difference sources and walk away with Horo. On the flip side if Horo leaves Lawrence he's still gonna walk away with the cash the kid paid and the cash he's gonna make from selling stones.

I suspect theres more going on inside Horo's head then just getting home. From the way she reacted "Mate with me this way I wont be alone" is enough to make me think this. Lawrence also seems to be noticing this as well. It's probably one of the many reasons why he doesn't just come out and say I love you.
Modified by DeathfireD, 07-25-09, 12:18 AM

07-24-09, 11:07 PM

Loved this episode, cant wait for more!!!

07-25-09, 12:08 AM

wolves have periods?

07-25-09, 12:36 AM

Very nice episode :)) Can't wait for the next episode. The twist was surprising and cool at the same time :D

| The void is endless |

07-25-09, 1:30 AM

The last third of this ep was intense. Horo flipping out was a highlight and did anyone notice how they made her eyes sort of stand out in the dark almost like they were glowing? Very nice effect.

Next ep does not look good...

07-25-09, 2:25 AM

Crimsonwill said:
Why the fuck do you blame Lawrence?

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.

07-25-09, 3:14 AM

Lawrence should have said something.And Horo should know lawrance's personality by now...

Awesome Sig by Lailide

07-25-09, 4:12 AM

Tamaki-san said:
Crimsonwill said:
Why the fuck do you blame Lawrence?

Because he's an idiot for walking out in the end. Yes, Horo stepped way out of line with what she said, but she did realize that herself. But instead of trying to patch things over he just walks away after she appologized, which is possibly the worst thing he could do.
And it was retarded to keep the news about her Village to himself in the first place.

07-25-09, 5:06 AM

It's complicated. I thought he didn't want to tell her about the village because he wanted to be with her but instead, he went on with the "deal" and told her that he was going to drop her somewhere near. I'm not sure I understand what he's trying to do. Either he's in denial or he really can't come to love Holo because of the wolf and human obstacle between them. Either way, he shouldn't have hidden it from Holo because her mind was focused on returning back home all the time, now that she adapted herself not end up with Lawrence and learned about Yitsu, what's going to happen to her I wonder.

07-25-09, 5:23 AM

can't wait for the next episode...

i didn't like the preview, damn...

07-25-09, 5:49 AM

Rebella said:
It's complicated. I thought he didn't want to tell her about the village because he wanted to be with her but instead, he went on with the "deal" and told her that he was going to drop her somewhere near. I'm not sure I understand what he's trying to do. Either he's in denial or he really can't come to love Holo because of the wolf and human obstacle between them. Either way, he shouldn't have hidden it from Holo because her mind was focused on returning back home all the time, now that she adapted herself not end up with Lawrence and learned about Yitsu, what's going to happen to her I wonder.

Not to mention the fact that Lawrence is an abstract thinker.

It would be logical for him to say, "Well, there have been reports that the village doesn't exist, but maybe your giant supernatural wolf pack is still in the area."

Horo is not a very abstract thinker, particularly not when she's emotional.

I would have handled the situation very differently if I were Lawrence, but then again I would have tried sleeping in Horo's bed during the first season if I had been Lawrence.

Lawrence is not a typical testosterone hero. If he were, he would have done the "childish" thing and ripped the contract in half.

If I were faced with that contract, I would have said, "But she's got that special Churchy prayer magic. 1000 silver is nowhere near enough. Take a month to go get me a special Churchy artifact."

And then in less than a month I would leave town...

As Horo mentioned, Lawrence was only willing to accept the contract because the other merchants were watching him and he didn't want to act like a lovesick boy in front of his grown-up manly friends.

07-25-09, 6:09 AM

Lawrence, you "dropping the ball" mother fucker, why are you dropping the ball. I was looking at multiple opportunities in which he could have comforted Horo. And this episode showed two sides of Horo that I'm not really familiar with. She showed extreme anxiousness and excitement at Lawrence's gesture of finding out about her town, while also displaying that whatever it was in at the end of an episode. She has always shown that moderate demeanor that comes with living for a damn long time.

07-25-09, 6:17 AM

I must admit that the emotional involvement of some people in this thread is disturbing to say the least lol.

07-25-09, 6:27 AM

Defiance said:
I must admit that the emotional involvement of some people in this thread is disturbing to say the least lol.

That's because my emotions were flowing so strong that I couldn't help but involve in such topic my friend.

07-25-09, 6:34 AM

yakyuu-addict said:
this episode showed two sides of Horo that I'm not really familiar with. She showed extreme anxiousness and excitement at Lawrence's gesture of finding out about her town, while also displaying that whatever it was in at the end of an episode. She has always shown that moderate demeanor that comes with living for a damn long time.

I think it is, as Lawrence put it, a sensitive topic for Horo. This is probably the first time that she has committed so much of her feeling into a relationship with a human, and grown to depend on him for companionship and support. It's understandable for her to feel more vulnerable, and less her usual confident self.

theeggman85 said:
wolves have periods?

Biologically speaking, yes. But for giant supernatural wolves, maybe once every 600 years?

07-25-09, 7:06 AM

Well, i can say i did press stop before the preview (never watch them..) And even so i am sure profit wise the next ep will make him filthy rich no matter whats going to happen.

But the reaction didn't come from nowhere, she can not tell if he hides something but if he is lying (big difference), lawrence made certain he never lied to her. He just never mentioned that little detail (which he knew even in Season 1). Why didn't he tell her? Maybe because he was not sure what to think of that rumor. Also he is not a child, as a Merchant he can hide his intentions perfectly.

Her anxiousness comes from the fact that she is immortal, and he is not. Should make obvious where the "will you mate with me" line came from. What she's gonna do once he's dead? Now that she knows what its like she doesn't want to be alone. And given that her homeland might actually be destroyed she has the potential for being the last wolf goddess around.

Aside that, Its good to see the series is moving towards a more substantial conclusion than what series 1 had.. | And definitely more emotional shock and awe

Season 2 is so far awesome ;)

07-25-09, 9:10 AM

Holy monkey crap! This was an INTENSE episode... Seeing how Horo flipped out and went insane was interesting but, I sort of thought that Amarty needs to be BURNED WITH FIRE >:)

Thank you Oksi-Chan and Aria Fanclub ;D

Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices