Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Spice and Wolf (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 24, 2009 8:58 AM

Aug 2008
SwordWielder said:
I dont get it... what's the content of that letter?

One could only assume it was info about Yoitsu and about how it has been destroyed.

I'd watch this entire season in one sitting if I could. Damn cliffhangers.
Jul 24, 2009 8:59 AM

Mar 2008
Very good episode. Finally some much needed twist in season 2, too.

It might have been a bit over the top for S&W, but you shouldn't disregard that her hometown is really really important for her. She dreams about it every night and this letter was a very big shock for her, so in my eyes it excuses her unlikely behaviour a bit.
Jul 24, 2009 9:40 AM

May 2008
Oh my goodness, the last few minutes were so intense. Great ep. Horo did go all crazy there, but I guess it's understandable after hearing her hometown is gone..? *shrugs* Poor Horo.. and poor Lawrence as well.. maybe they'll have hawt make-up secks soon?! just kidding. hah Can't wait 'til next week. 5/5
CaptainSLJul 24, 2009 10:06 AM

My most recent life lesson: you know you're sleep deprived once you start daydreaming of dinosaurs..with whips.
Jul 24, 2009 9:46 AM

May 2008
ZetaZeta said:
Lawrence needs to use Geass on Horo, and fast.

Lawl.

But sad episode is sad :/ Why doesn't Lawrence just say something e_e

Jul 24, 2009 10:28 AM

Feb 2009
I started to think that season 2 was pretty uneventful than BAM here comes troubles! So whatcha gonna do uh Lawrence? You who wants to keep both the money and the girl. I wonder if it is true that Horo home is gone, I mean how can all these giant wolves get defeated?
Jul 24, 2009 10:53 AM

Mar 2009
ZetaZeta said:

LMAO
Jul 24, 2009 11:16 AM

May 2009
Don't cry, Horo! ;_;
That was a great episode with a nice twist at the end. I didn't like the way Lawrence acted, he should've said something.
Jul 24, 2009 11:37 AM

Sep 2007
Just kill Amarty.
I hate him... x_x
And poor Horo...
Jul 24, 2009 12:05 PM

Jan 2009
T.T i an't wait util the next episode
it was so damn sad T.T
Jul 24, 2009 1:21 PM

May 2008
Gotta say that was some very nice voice acting done by Ami Koshimizu. I wouldn't previously have thought Spice and Wolf was capable of such intense drama. Intriguing, indeed.
Jul 24, 2009 1:33 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Amazing twist.

It would be boring if lovers don't have serious quarrels or misunderstanding....

A lot of potential right now (the bear-god, etc.)
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jul 24, 2009 1:33 PM

Dec 2008
Intense!! Man I wonder if I will like SW2 more than the first?
HokageIsMyDreamJul 24, 2009 3:21 PM
Jul 24, 2009 1:40 PM

Jul 2007
It's refreshing to see Horo behave like a flawed human woman, but kind of sad at the same time. I feel so badly for Lawrence who's getting all these bullshit accusations thrown at him though.

It was kind of cute when she asked Lawrence to "mate" with her though :3.

edit: And the preview is pissing me off. Big time.
All the mods fucking blow on this website except Kaiserpingvin, Cloudy-Sky, Baman and aero. PM me if you're actually good and I left you out.

Oh, rule 8...

( ̄ー ̄)
Jul 24, 2009 1:48 PM

Jun 2009
Sin said:
Horo thinks all of her kind are gone now, so she wants to have to kid i guess, cute.... :3
Sin said:

yeah, i almost smackd my screen for that one second >:-(
Jul 24, 2009 1:53 PM

Sep 2007
This episode was just great, can't remember the last time I wanted to watch the next episode of a series this much... =)

Jul 24, 2009 1:54 PM
Jun 2008
sarahwest said:
Sin said:
Horo thinks all of her kind are gone now, so she wants to have to kid i guess, cute.... :3
Sin said:

yeah, i almost smackd my screen for that one second >:-(

indeed.

and to lighten the mood of this board for now...
Jul 24, 2009 2:45 PM

Nov 2007
Horo vented nicely there.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Jul 24, 2009 2:47 PM

Sep 2007
Kianbung : Look like a School days ending .XD
Jul 24, 2009 3:10 PM

Dec 2008
Fabrice said:
I need to see the next episode. This is getting intense. I really hope things get better but i'm really not liking what I see in the preview. Well these events should bring them closer together in the end...I hope.
This sure looks familiar...(post #1). I guess a lot of people are saying pretty much the same thing anyways.
Jul 24, 2009 3:35 PM

Oct 2008
Awesome episode, I'm seriously contemplating putting this on hold for a bit so I can marathon episodes lol, the cliffhangers are seriously killing me..

Really feel sorry for Lawrence now that Horo's PMS is starting to kick in.
Jul 24, 2009 4:20 PM

Apr 2009
This took a big leap I guess, makes it really all spiced up with another guy interested in Horo. I wish Lawrence would make a move or something.

Gosh can't wait for the next episode.

The preview makes me anxious -__-''
Jul 24, 2009 4:53 PM

Mar 2008
ShiroiRyu said:
Just kill Amarty.
I hate him... x_x
And poor Horo...

I wanna beat the little shit, but that's just me. >.>;
Never hated someone so much for some reason other than him.

But yeah, Horo freaking out was over-the top. . . But kinda fits. owob Y'know, when you're angry and don't know what to say. x-x She had me at the mating part though. . .

And Lawrence. I feel sorry for him. :c

Jul 24, 2009 5:02 PM

May 2008
ZetaZeta said:
LMAO!

sounds like a good idea, It would look like this..

Interesting Episode.
TechDragonJul 24, 2009 5:06 PM
Jul 24, 2009 5:28 PM

Oct 2008
FUCKING STUPID GUY MEAN WTF!!!!

Cant he say shit like NO I WILL NEVER SELL YOU CUZ I LOVE YOU SO MUCH THATS WHY I GET JEALOUS WHEN YOUR AROUND OTHER GUYS

Fucking idiot completely fucked it up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_49H_N43jQ

#MakeAnimeGreatAgain

SAY NO MORE LOLI! BRING MORE GENRES EVERY SEASON THAN JUST LOLI
Jul 24, 2009 6:09 PM

Jul 2009
sirxazor said:
FUCKING STUPID GUY MEAN WTF!!!!

Cant he say shit like NO I WILL NEVER SELL YOU CUZ I LOVE YOU SO MUCH THATS WHY I GET JEALOUS WHEN YOUR AROUND OTHER GUYS

Fucking idiot completely fucked it up.
lol, that was some reaction...
well, i hope Lawrence can make up to it in the next episode, by rushing into the room when Amarty is trying to kiss Horo and beating the crap out of him! Yeah, thats what i want...
vinesageJul 24, 2009 7:52 PM
Jul 24, 2009 6:25 PM
Dec 2008
sarahwest said:
one thing about this show i dont like is, that i always have to wait a whole week for the next episdoe! :-(

I agree with you....IM GONNA BE MAD WAITING
Jul 24, 2009 7:42 PM

Aug 2008
Great episode. Fuck gotta wait a week. Oh and please someone tell me that Horo and Amarty don't actually kiss.
Jul 24, 2009 8:38 PM
Mar 2009
I could picture spice & wolf with a school days ending. It's a bit grim, though. XP

*headdesk*
Bad brain! Bad!
On-topic:
Horo was a bit irrational there. I can't tell when she might make-up with him. Will Horo be wearing a necklace made of Lawrence's teeth? I'm anxious to find out.
ChaZarudoJul 24, 2009 8:57 PM
Jul 24, 2009 8:45 PM

Apr 2009
O M G.... Wow I did not expect this turnout at all in this episode. But I guess now I know where the scene with Amarty and Horo comes into play when I saw the season preview trailer earlier this year.

I can't wait another week to see what happens. The preview does show Lawrence holding Horo...

I hope Lawrence and Horo iron things out soon but I can see Horo twisting his arm for not telling him the truth about her homeland and ignoring him for the better part of the next episode and possibly playing into Amarty's hands for a bit.
OmegaoverideJul 24, 2009 8:49 PM
Jul 24, 2009 9:34 PM

Nov 2007
Drama took over halfway through the episode, what is Lawrence doing?
Jul 24, 2009 9:39 PM

Oct 2007
always wanted to see a bit more development in the first season nice to see something happening in the 2nd
Jul 24, 2009 10:31 PM

Sep 2008
I been thinking about some things, like what is Yoistu? is it a just a village? or is it like a land of the old gods? Cause they why they talk about it, it's almost mythical. Also is there more old gods other then Horo?
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Jul 24, 2009 10:58 PM

Jun 2007
D-GreatRuler said:
Horo's cynicism was amusing to watch. It provided much needed entertainment.

But... I'm still in the dark when it comes to the business side of the anime. Any explanations? Unless it's already been given and I missed it?

crazy old women that was selling those nifty rocks was tipped off that the church was coming so she left. In their time magic and such was considered evil and the church would punish anyone practicing it by jail time or death. Since the old women was gone, the city had no one to sell those stones. For some reason the stones became a trend amongst the women in the city which caused the market value of the otherwise worthless stones to skyrocket. Now a few merchants are selling the stones and becoming semi-rich in the process. This is how the kid is making enough money to pay off Horo's debt

With all that said Lawrence is attempting to make triple the profit. He already knows the kid is gonna win the bet and pay up the money for Horo's "debt". Lawrence is also assuming Horo will reject the kid which would make Lawrence win in all the side betting that's going on around him (who will end up with Horo after the fact). Lawrence is also attempting to sell those stones while the price's are high. If all goes well he would make money from three difference sources and walk away with Horo. On the flip side if Horo leaves Lawrence he's still gonna walk away with the cash the kid paid and the cash he's gonna make from selling stones.

I suspect theres more going on inside Horo's head then just getting home. From the way she reacted "Mate with me this way I wont be alone" is enough to make me think this. Lawrence also seems to be noticing this as well. It's probably one of the many reasons why he doesn't just come out and say I love you.
DeathfireDJul 25, 2009 12:18 AM
Jul 24, 2009 11:07 PM

Jun 2008
Loved this episode, cant wait for more!!!
Jul 25, 2009 12:08 AM

May 2008
wolves have periods?
Jul 25, 2009 12:36 AM

Jul 2009
Very nice episode :)) Can't wait for the next episode. The twist was surprising and cool at the same time :D

| The void is endless |
Jul 25, 2009 1:30 AM

Jan 2009
The last third of this ep was intense. Horo flipping out was a highlight and did anyone notice how they made her eyes sort of stand out in the dark almost like they were glowing? Very nice effect.

Next ep does not look good...

Jul 25, 2009 2:25 AM

Jan 2009
Crimsonwill said:
Why the fuck do you blame Lawrence?

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Jul 25, 2009 3:14 AM

May 2008
Lawrence should have said something.And Horo should know lawrance's personality by now...

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jul 25, 2009 4:12 AM

Dec 2007
Tamaki-san said:
Crimsonwill said:
Why the fuck do you blame Lawrence?

Because he's an idiot for walking out in the end. Yes, Horo stepped way out of line with what she said, but she did realize that herself. But instead of trying to patch things over he just walks away after she appologized, which is possibly the worst thing he could do.
And it was retarded to keep the news about her Village to himself in the first place.
Jul 25, 2009 5:06 AM

Oct 2008
It's complicated. I thought he didn't want to tell her about the village because he wanted to be with her but instead, he went on with the "deal" and told her that he was going to drop her somewhere near. I'm not sure I understand what he's trying to do. Either he's in denial or he really can't come to love Holo because of the wolf and human obstacle between them. Either way, he shouldn't have hidden it from Holo because her mind was focused on returning back home all the time, now that she adapted herself not end up with Lawrence and learned about Yitsu, what's going to happen to her I wonder.
Jul 25, 2009 5:23 AM
Jan 2009
can't wait for the next episode...

i didn't like the preview, damn...
Jul 25, 2009 5:49 AM
Aug 2008
Rebella said:
It's complicated. I thought he didn't want to tell her about the village because he wanted to be with her but instead, he went on with the "deal" and told her that he was going to drop her somewhere near. I'm not sure I understand what he's trying to do. Either he's in denial or he really can't come to love Holo because of the wolf and human obstacle between them. Either way, he shouldn't have hidden it from Holo because her mind was focused on returning back home all the time, now that she adapted herself not end up with Lawrence and learned about Yitsu, what's going to happen to her I wonder.

Not to mention the fact that Lawrence is an abstract thinker.

It would be logical for him to say, "Well, there have been reports that the village doesn't exist, but maybe your giant supernatural wolf pack is still in the area."

Horo is not a very abstract thinker, particularly not when she's emotional.

I would have handled the situation very differently if I were Lawrence, but then again I would have tried sleeping in Horo's bed during the first season if I had been Lawrence.

Lawrence is not a typical testosterone hero. If he were, he would have done the "childish" thing and ripped the contract in half.

If I were faced with that contract, I would have said, "But she's got that special Churchy prayer magic. 1000 silver is nowhere near enough. Take a month to go get me a special Churchy artifact."

And then in less than a month I would leave town...

As Horo mentioned, Lawrence was only willing to accept the contract because the other merchants were watching him and he didn't want to act like a lovesick boy in front of his grown-up manly friends.
Jul 25, 2009 6:09 AM

Jul 2008
Lawrence, you "dropping the ball" mother fucker, why are you dropping the ball. I was looking at multiple opportunities in which he could have comforted Horo. And this episode showed two sides of Horo that I'm not really familiar with. She showed extreme anxiousness and excitement at Lawrence's gesture of finding out about her town, while also displaying that whatever it was in at the end of an episode. She has always shown that moderate demeanor that comes with living for a damn long time.
Jul 25, 2009 6:17 AM

Jul 2008
I must admit that the emotional involvement of some people in this thread is disturbing to say the least lol.
Jul 25, 2009 6:27 AM

Oct 2008
Defiance said:
I must admit that the emotional involvement of some people in this thread is disturbing to say the least lol.

That's because my emotions were flowing so strong that I couldn't help but involve in such topic my friend.
Jul 25, 2009 6:34 AM

Mar 2008
yakyuu-addict said:
this episode showed two sides of Horo that I'm not really familiar with. She showed extreme anxiousness and excitement at Lawrence's gesture of finding out about her town, while also displaying that whatever it was in at the end of an episode. She has always shown that moderate demeanor that comes with living for a damn long time.

I think it is, as Lawrence put it, a sensitive topic for Horo. This is probably the first time that she has committed so much of her feeling into a relationship with a human, and grown to depend on him for companionship and support. It's understandable for her to feel more vulnerable, and less her usual confident self.

theeggman85 said:
wolves have periods?

Biologically speaking, yes. But for giant supernatural wolves, maybe once every 600 years?

Jul 25, 2009 7:06 AM
Mar 2008
Well, i can say i did press stop before the preview (never watch them..) And even so i am sure profit wise the next ep will make him filthy rich no matter whats going to happen.

But the reaction didn't come from nowhere, she can not tell if he hides something but if he is lying (big difference), lawrence made certain he never lied to her. He just never mentioned that little detail (which he knew even in Season 1). Why didn't he tell her? Maybe because he was not sure what to think of that rumor. Also he is not a child, as a Merchant he can hide his intentions perfectly.

Her anxiousness comes from the fact that she is immortal, and he is not. Should make obvious where the "will you mate with me" line came from. What she's gonna do once he's dead? Now that she knows what its like she doesn't want to be alone. And given that her homeland might actually be destroyed she has the potential for being the last wolf goddess around.

Aside that, Its good to see the series is moving towards a more substantial conclusion than what series 1 had.. | And definitely more emotional shock and awe

Season 2 is so far awesome ;)
Jul 25, 2009 9:10 AM

Aug 2008
Holy monkey crap! This was an INTENSE episode... Seeing how Horo flipped out and went insane was interesting but, I sort of thought that Amarty needs to be BURNED WITH FIRE >:)
Jul 25, 2009 11:23 AM

Sep 2008
neverless said:

^ lolwut ... that literally was a slap to me in the face

Oh man can't wait to see what happens next!

The thought that went through my head was "wouldn't be the first time with a crazy nutjob screaming wierd shit at me"

Great episode though. A lot more intense than the previous season. Gives it more of a "gotta see the next one" feel.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

vinesage - Aug 26, 2009

134 by BetaMaleUltra »»
50 minutes ago

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

vinesage - Aug 19, 2009

189 by BetaMaleUltra »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dbaranyi - Aug 12, 2009

291 by BetaMaleUltra »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

dbaranyi - Aug 5, 2009

204 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Today, 3:08 AM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

-Derp - Jul 30, 2009

149 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Today, 1:37 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.