MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Microsoft Produces Halo Anime Series With Japanese Studios

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

Pages (3) 0.8 [1.8] 2.8 »
07-23-09, 8:25 AM

wow.. the art must be very 3D-like.. :)

07-23-09, 8:27 AM

This will earn more money in America than any other anime ever. You know it's true.

07-23-09, 8:31 AM

Good Studios+Microsoft(taking the important roles/role of manga in manga-based anime)=FAIL

If Microsoft is going to use all their money to get all of these good studios, let the studios do what they paid them to do. Because off of the top of my head I can't think of any great anime originating from America.

I think more the strategy behind making this an anime vs. American Cartoon series. Is that American Cartoons... stay american. While Anime has more of a global following.

07-23-09, 8:41 AM

Why Halo. Just why. Where's my TimeSplitters/Okami anime. Failing that, a Ratchet and Clank anime.

Also, for those who think all anime based on games is bad, what about Gungrave?

07-23-09, 8:52 AM

Seasonreaper said:
Okami anime.

Oh, this. So much.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.

07-23-09, 8:59 AM

Seasonreaper said:
Why Halo. Just why. Where's my TimeSplitters/Okami anime. Failing that, a Ratchet and Clank anime.

Also, for those who think all anime based on games is bad, what about Gungrave?

Because Halo has a whole superior lore in form of the books and its awesome. Your mentioned stuff might be original, but story-wise it fails.

As for the announcement: If it reaches the Batman:Gotham Knight quality and is faithful to the books then I am fucking in :3
Modified by CookingPriest, 07-23-09, 9:10 AM

07-23-09, 9:03 AM

LOL.

Next stop: An Anime for the Hitman franchaise. -.-

07-23-09, 9:28 AM

Sounds cool.
Click on any of the 3 below to feed them.

07-23-09, 9:35 AM

if its good, ill watch it. But ive only played halo 1. Will i be able to understand whats going on in the show?

07-23-09, 9:42 AM

....el oh el.

07-23-09, 9:58 AM

Not complaining. I love Aramaki Shinji, and love short series based on popular western works, so this is fantastic for me. I ain't gonna buy it, but I'll definitely watch it.

07-23-09, 10:06 AM

Snowflakes said:
LOL.

Next stop: An Anime for the Hitman franchaise. -.-

Not Hitman! It doesn't deserve an anime...

Btw I played this game called Mirror's Edge by EA some days back, it looked an anime material... it even had japanese chicks and anime style art

07-23-09, 10:10 AM

Tyranid5 said:
Good Studios+Microsoft(taking the important roles/role of manga in manga-based anime)=FAIL

If Microsoft is going to use all their money to get all of these good studios, let the studios do what they paid them to do. Because off of the top of my head I can't think of any great anime originating from America.

I think more the strategy behind making this an anime vs. American Cartoon series. Is that American Cartoons... stay american. While Anime has more of a global following.

Not necessarily, there are some American cartoons that are successful outside of the US and Disney's would be one of them, including their movies. Also, Avatar, while not not considered to be an anime, would also be considered a successful series coming from the US even though it's animated in Korea like many other cartoon series.

Though, why is everyone acting like this hasn't been done before? IMO the Animatrix and Batman: Gotham Knights(while I only thought a few where good) turned out to be rather good collaborations from different anime studios so if written well, this could turn out to be good as well.

07-23-09, 10:19 AM

Capellabun said:
Tyranid5 said:

Not necessarily, there are some American cartoons that are successful outside of the US and Disney's would be one of them, including their movies. Also, Avatar, while not not considered to be an anime, would also be considered a successful series coming from the US even though it's animated in Korea like many other cartoon series.

Though, why is everyone acting like this hasn't been done before? IMO the Animatrix and Batman: Gotham Knights(while I only thought a few where good) turned out to be rather good collaborations from different anime studios so if written well, this could turn out to be good as well.

What do you mean by American cartoons ain't popular outside US? American cartoons are actually way too popular worldwide than anime (obviously I hate the fact but it's a fact).

Take for example The Simpsons or South Park. There are bunch of odd cartoons which are way more popular than anime. But that's the fun part of it that anime fandom remains a subculture worldwide.

The Transformers series before the Unicorn Trilogy were actually American productions. Though I must say they sucked big time.

But my belief is this Halo shit may just get more popular than many other animes especially in the US.

07-23-09, 10:25 AM

dPsychc said:
Capellabun said:
Tyranid5 said:

What do you mean by American cartoons ain't popular outside US? American cartoons are actually way too popular worldwide than anime (obviously I hate the fact but it's a fact).

Take for example The Simpsons or South Park. There are bunch of odd cartoons which are way more popular than anime. But that's the fun part of it that anime fandom remains a subculture worldwide.

The Transformers series before the Unicorn Trilogy were actually American productions. Though I must say they sucked big time.

But my belief is this Halo shit may just get more popular than many other animes especially in the US.

Can't tell if you're responding to me or the person I quoted because I never said that there weren't American cartoons that where popular outside of the US. I even gave Disney's cartoon series and movies as an example.

07-23-09, 10:26 AM

*points*

*laughs*
Waratte Oemashou Sore ha Chiisana Inori

07-23-09, 10:42 AM

What the fuck.

07-23-09, 10:48 AM

If it's based on the books or similar original stories, I'm in without question. Those were actually pretty good.

If it's more similar to the games' story, I'll probably still watch it for the animation (best companies M$'s money can buy) anyway and not expect much from the story beyond "Aliens! Kill them!"

Apparently, though, it'll be focused a lot on the history of the Halo universe and the SPARTAN project more than the story of the games, so I have some hope for it as long as it's not entirely dependent on the source material.

But if they don't get Marty O'Donnell and Mike Salvatori on the music, then there is something seriously wrong with them.

I guess we'll have to wait for the trailer to get any real idea about this. It will in no way be "the best anime ever" by any stretch of the imagination, but it could still be an entertaining watch.

The Earth King has invited you to Lake Laogai. You will be honored to accept his invitation.

07-23-09, 11:17 AM

As long as its not mecha i might watch it

07-23-09, 11:34 AM

I thought the world supposed to end in 2012 =\

07-23-09, 11:43 AM

I see BONES, I'm watching, nuff said

07-23-09, 12:04 PM

Lol the fanboys will be happy :P
Please read Rules #16 and #17 of the General Forum Guidelines

07-23-09, 12:07 PM

Well... this is... interesting. I can't imagine Halo as an anime. I might check this out. Most media stuff based on other media stuff usually turn out to be fail, though, so hopes are not high.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.

07-23-09, 1:13 PM

This should be interesting....

07-23-09, 1:27 PM

I hope it's not another Devil may cry anime

07-23-09, 1:27 PM

Hm.... People here aren't to happy about this but I'm probably going to watch it. I've 3 of the book (when I didn't have an xbox) and the spartan camp and training was pretty cool. Are we sure that's what it's on?

Someone post the trailer if they find it

07-23-09, 1:28 PM

Nice collaboration of companies there.

But Halo? lolwut?

07-23-09, 1:36 PM

xTHoWx said:
Hm.... People here aren't to happy about this but I'm probably going to watch it. I've 3 of the book (when I didn't have an xbox) and the spartan camp and training was pretty cool. Are we sure that's what it's on?

Someone post the trailer if they find it

The current description seems to fit that timeline. So we can only hope that it will follow the books.

Edgey said:
Nice collaboration of companies there.

But Halo? lolwut?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo:_The_Fall_of_Reach
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo:_The_Flood
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo:_First_Strike
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo:_Ghosts_of_Onyx
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo:_Contact_Harvest

Not to mention
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_Graphic_Novel
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo:_Uprising

There's a lot of great stuff in Haloverse to adapt into anime :>

07-23-09, 3:39 PM

Its about time..

Considering that the Halo series is so popular and the fact that many Microsoft X360 games are made by Japanese companies, I don't see why there wouldn't be a Halo anime. From the looks of the poster, that appears to be a CG short film!

07-23-09, 3:46 PM

OMG, the studios O_________O

07-23-09, 3:49 PM

Kira01 said:
Its about time..

Considering that the Halo series is so popular and the fact that many Microsoft X360 games are made by Japanese companies, I don't see why there wouldn't be a Halo anime. From the looks of the poster, that appears to be a CG short film!

well, halo 3 and the xbox 360 arent really popular at all in japan. This looks like to me, anime creators trying to reach out to western audiences for $

07-23-09, 3:53 PM

Oh wow...

07-23-09, 4:02 PM

Halo 3 didn't do terrible in Japan considering xbox install base is so low. I agree with most, this will hit US asap.
-=Dear gravity don't let me go, hold me like the winter holds the cold=-

07-23-09, 4:33 PM

Eeeeewwww Halo.
I'm sure my brother will wanna watch this... i won't.

07-23-09, 4:39 PM

Disgusting. Anyone who watches this should be ashamed of themselves.

07-23-09, 5:02 PM

I'm not a fan of the games, and I haven't read any of the novels, but from what I've read, the fluff is actually pretty interesting. Microsoft's money+top-name studios is equivalent to laying a weight on the goddamned "Good Animation" button.

If anything, we'll get some gorgeously rendered sequences of guys in green armor shooting things with rocket launchers. I really liked all of those little commercials and promotional material for Halo 3.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCkiPTMsLHI
For those of you who aren't fans of the game series, you should at least give this a chance. You can't get shot in the head by a whiny 12 year old over Xbox live by watching an OVA, can you?

...tl;dr, bitch-ass weeaboo needa stop h8tan
Modified by Scallion, 07-23-09, 5:08 PM

07-23-09, 5:10 PM

Congrats to the series.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.

07-23-09, 5:16 PM

haha

07-23-09, 5:18 PM

The Halo franchise should just die already.
For all due respect sir, that's pretty screwed up right there.

07-23-09, 5:18 PM

My first reaction was 'wtf'. And it still is. Wtf.
Are Halo fans going to watch this if they usually do not watch anime...?

Amex_Yohko said:
Dear Bill Gates,

Please stop bothering Japanese people. They hate you. They hate your XBOX and XBOX 360. You even force them to buy one in order to play Tale of Vesperia and they were fooled when the PS3 version was released recently. Now you forced them to make you awesomely bad Halo 'anime'. Please stop your silly idea otherwise the Japanese people will drop nukes on your country soon.

QFT

07-23-09, 5:34 PM

Amex_Yohko said:
Dear Bill Gates,

Please stop bothering Japanese people. They hate you. They hate your XBOX and XBOX 360. You even force them to buy one in order to play Tale of Vesperia and they were fooled when the PS3 version was released recently. Now you forced them to make you awesomely bad Halo 'anime'. Please stop your silly idea otherwise the Japanese people will drop nukes on your country soon.

It's too bad Bill Gates doesn't and hasn't worked at Microsoft for a year now and has no control over whether or not they decide to make a collaborated anime out of one of their games. They also never forced anyone to buy a 360 and they can't stop Namco Bandai from making their exclusive Xbox 360 game not so exclusive.

07-23-09, 5:41 PM

Amex_Yohko said:
Dear Bill Gates,

Every time I come to MAL's forums, my faith in humanity erodes ever so slightly.
Modified by Scallion, 07-23-09, 6:11 PM

07-23-09, 5:46 PM

If it has to be a game on xbox, i would rather of seen lost odyssey in production
than again, i dont care much for shooters

07-23-09, 6:50 PM

This isn't that bad you guys. There's good studios plus the games and books are pretty good, so I'm sure it will at least be decent.
Signature

07-23-09, 7:28 PM

At least it's not an anime about me *playing* Halo... It'd be the same thing over and over again.

<walks around for a while, sees nobody in sight the whole time>
<BANG*>
<beep... beep... beep... beep... beep... beep...>

*sometimes replace with <WHACK>

07-23-09, 7:39 PM

This is mostly likely going to suck.

But of course I'm mostly going to watch it.

07-23-09, 7:44 PM

hmmmmmmm this is gonna be interesting never thought Microsoft will ever go into the anime business.

And halo is basically an american thing so i dont expect it to be a huge success.

07-23-09, 7:45 PM

I think Halo is a pretty cool guy. eh kills aleins and doesn't afraid of anything...

....had to do it

07-23-09, 7:51 PM

That rather surprised me...

07-23-09, 8:46 PM

Getting a little tired of the gimicky anthologies
Drak And Shadow LPs
My Channel Anime Reviews, Unboxings and More

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) 0.8 [1.8] 2.8 »