MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Microsoft Produces Halo Anime Series With Japanese Studios
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» News Discussion »» Microsoft Produces Halo Anime Series With Japanese Studios

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
07-23-09, 8:25 AM

wow.. the art must be very 3D-like.. :)

07-23-09, 8:27 AM

This will earn more money in America than any other anime ever. You know it's true.

07-23-09, 8:31 AM

Good Studios+Microsoft(taking the important roles/role of manga in manga-based anime)=FAIL

If Microsoft is going to use all their money to get all of these good studios, let the studios do what they paid them to do. Because off of the top of my head I can't think of any great anime originating from America.

I think more the strategy behind making this an anime vs. American Cartoon series. Is that American Cartoons... stay american. While Anime has more of a global following.

07-23-09, 8:41 AM

Why Halo. Just why. Where's my TimeSplitters/Okami anime. Failing that, a Ratchet and Clank anime.

Also, for those who think all anime based on games is bad, what about Gungrave?

07-23-09, 8:52 AM

Seasonreaper said:
Okami anime.

Oh, this. So much.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.

07-23-09, 8:59 AM

Seasonreaper said:
Why Halo. Just why. Where's my TimeSplitters/Okami anime. Failing that, a Ratchet and Clank anime.

Also, for those who think all anime based on games is bad, what about Gungrave?

Because Halo has a whole superior lore in form of the books and its awesome. Your mentioned stuff might be original, but story-wise it fails.

As for the announcement: If it reaches the Batman:Gotham Knight quality and is faithful to the books then I am fucking in :3
Modified by Fai, 07-23-09, 9:10 AM

07-23-09, 9:03 AM

LOL.

Next stop: An Anime for the Hitman franchaise. -.-

07-23-09, 9:28 AM

Sounds cool.
Click on any of the 3 below to feed them.

07-23-09, 9:35 AM

if its good, ill watch it. But ive only played halo 1. Will i be able to understand whats going on in the show?

07-23-09, 9:42 AM

....el oh el.

07-23-09, 9:58 AM

Not complaining. I love Aramaki Shinji, and love short series based on popular western works, so this is fantastic for me. I ain't gonna buy it, but I'll definitely watch it.

07-23-09, 10:06 AM

Snowflakes said:
LOL.

Next stop: An Anime for the Hitman franchaise. -.-

Not Hitman! It doesn't deserve an anime...

Btw I played this game called Mirror's Edge by EA some days back, it looked an anime material... it even had japanese chicks and anime style art

07-23-09, 10:10 AM

Tyranid5 said:
Good Studios+Microsoft(taking the important roles/role of manga in manga-based anime)=FAIL

If Microsoft is going to use all their money to get all of these good studios, let the studios do what they paid them to do. Because off of the top of my head I can't think of any great anime originating from America.

I think more the strategy behind making this an anime vs. American Cartoon series. Is that American Cartoons... stay american. While Anime has more of a global following.

Not necessarily, there are some American cartoons that are successful outside of the US and Disney's would be one of them, including their movies. Also, Avatar, while not not considered to be an anime, would also be considered a successful series coming from the US even though it's animated in Korea like many other cartoon series.

Though, why is everyone acting like this hasn't been done before? IMO the Animatrix and Batman: Gotham Knights(while I only thought a few where good) turned out to be rather good collaborations from different anime studios so if written well, this could turn out to be good as well.

07-23-09, 10:19 AM

Capellabun said:
Tyranid5 said:

Not necessarily, there are some American cartoons that are successful outside of the US and Disney's would be one of them, including their movies. Also, Avatar, while not not considered to be an anime, would also be considered a successful series coming from the US even though it's animated in Korea like many other cartoon series.

Though, why is everyone acting like this hasn't been done before? IMO the Animatrix and Batman: Gotham Knights(while I only thought a few where good) turned out to be rather good collaborations from different anime studios so if written well, this could turn out to be good as well.

What do you mean by American cartoons ain't popular outside US? American cartoons are actually way too popular worldwide than anime (obviously I hate the fact but it's a fact).

Take for example The Simpsons or South Park. There are bunch of odd cartoons which are way more popular than anime. But that's the fun part of it that anime fandom remains a subculture worldwide.

The Transformers series before the Unicorn Trilogy were actually American productions. Though I must say they sucked big time.

But my belief is this Halo shit may just get more popular than many other animes especially in the US.

07-23-09, 10:25 AM

dPsychc said:
Capellabun said:
Tyranid5 said:

What do you mean by American cartoons ain't popular outside US? American cartoons are actually way too popular worldwide than anime (obviously I hate the fact but it's a fact).

Take for example The Simpsons or South Park. There are bunch of odd cartoons which are way more popular than anime. But that's the fun part of it that anime fandom remains a subculture worldwide.

The Transformers series before the Unicorn Trilogy were actually American productions. Though I must say they sucked big time.

But my belief is this Halo shit may just get more popular than many other animes especially in the US.

Can't tell if you're responding to me or the person I quoted because I never said that there weren't American cartoons that where popular outside of the US. I even gave Disney's cartoon series and movies as an example.

07-23-09, 10:26 AM

*points*

*laughs*
Waratte Oemashou Sore ha Chiisana Inori

07-23-09, 10:42 AM

What the fuck.

07-23-09, 10:48 AM

If it's based on the books or similar original stories, I'm in without question. Those were actually pretty good.

If it's more similar to the games' story, I'll probably still watch it for the animation (best companies M$'s money can buy) anyway and not expect much from the story beyond "Aliens! Kill them!"

Apparently, though, it'll be focused a lot on the history of the Halo universe and the SPARTAN project more than the story of the games, so I have some hope for it as long as it's not entirely dependent on the source material.

But if they don't get Marty O'Donnell and Mike Salvatori on the music, then there is something seriously wrong with them.

I guess we'll have to wait for the trailer to get any real idea about this. It will in no way be "the best anime ever" by any stretch of the imagination, but it could still be an entertaining watch.

The Earth King has invited you to Lake Laogai. You will be honored to accept his invitation.

07-23-09, 11:17 AM

As long as its not mecha i might watch it

07-23-09, 11:34 AM

I thought the world supposed to end in 2012 =\

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices