MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Priestesses in Mangas or Animes??? HELP.
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime & Manga Recommendations »» Priestesses in Mangas or Animes??? HELP.

07-23-09, 12:44 AM

Hey there everyone. I'd love it if any of you can help me out here.
I'm very VERY interested in SHRINE MAIDENS and the SPIRIT WORLD, and I was wondering if anybody in here can recommend me a manga or anime (either one is fine) that has a priestess/shrine maiden as one of the main characters.
I am fine with a manga/anime that has male SIDE characters who work with the heroine, however it still has to have a female MAIN character.

IMPORTANT notice: If there's a main male character working alongside the female main character, that's cool too, just as long as the story is HER story, not his.

The genres can be ANYTHING, just as long as the manga/anime deals with shrine maiden(s), shinto, and the supernatural. Those three are required. Romance is preferred as well, but not required. It'd just be a bonus.

To make myself more clear, here is specifically what I do NOT want to see or read:
--I don't want to read any kind of manga or see any kind of anime with a main male protagonist who dominates. I'm only interested in HEROINES a.k.a FEMALE protagonists.
So please don't recommend me any manga or anime with a male hero who almost always saves the day. So even though Inuyasha deals with the supernatural and has a priestess as a love interest in it, that's out of the question (to those who were thinking of recommending me that).
--I do NOT want a manga or anime that has a priestess/shrine maiden in it who doesn't do much. I want a priestess or shrine maiden who actually has POWER and can WORK it, not someone who just carries around the title.
--Please do NOT recommend me any hentai or yuri or hardcore ecchi. I'd like to be better off not seeing those things.

Also, don't misunderstand me; the female main character doesn't have to be a priestess/shrine maiden, just as long as there is another female main character who IS a priestess or shrine maiden. In other words, just as long as there is a shrine maiden or a priestess as one of the MAIN characters who gets her fair share of screen-time, as well as another female protagonist who runs the show, then that's totally okay. I hope that makes sense.

I HAVE already checked out the Shrine Maidens Club here: http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=923
So, please.. REFRAIN from recommending me any of the animes and mangas that are already listed on the Shrine Maidens Club's site.

Here are other mangas/animes that I've already seen, so please don't make the mistake of recommending them to me:
Fushigi Yuugi (hate it)
Fushigi Yuugi GK (at least it's better than the first)
Sailor Moon

So to repeat my requirements again, I'm trying to look for mangas/animes with:
--At least one priestess or shrine maiden as one of the main characters. (However, the more the merrier)
--The MAIN protagonist that the story revolves around has to be FEMALE.
--Deals with Shinto.
--Incorporates the supernatural or spirit world into the story.
--Any genre is fine EXCEPT hentai, yuri, and huge-boobies-combined-with-panties-of-ecchi.

With all of that said, I hope I can get some good recommendations please! Thank you for reading.

07-23-09, 12:46 AM

Umi Monogatari.

Kanonnnnnn :3

07-23-09, 1:20 AM

Kannagi

07-23-09, 3:06 AM

Asagiri no Miko

07-23-09, 9:12 AM

Higurashi series...

Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices