Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 12, 2020 3:07 PM

Apr 2016
It’s a good ending for this series, I’m curious on what’s going to happen from now on.
Jul 21, 2020 3:52 PM

Dec 2007
in the end goro finally won songoku.
except the obvious ending clip the episode was pretty good finishing circle episode with every character statement how goro influenced him,

now, though goro really grew up in this season and it was fun and all, i gave this season 8 while the 1st i gave 9, there are couple reason for that:
1. goro don't stop raising for a minute here, even in the middle school arc the official games are rather rash or don't have the "main game" feeling, all to benefit goro be stronger.
2. there isn't really main game in this season, only challenges to goro, and the whole focus is only on goro, the rest of the team have main development episode and nothing more, there's no real climax in the season.
3. unlike the first season that goro have specific target, the whole target of goro here is only once since he met kaido - beat them, in the first season that target get it's goal and place, but in the end goro don't beat them the way he wanted to - in an official game, his target didn't achieved.

though it all might sound more simplier if i will cal this season a build-up season for the next one, it doesn't mean it's bad, but unlike most sport series, if you don't have a climax it will effect the level of the whole season, since this season is a build-up chapter in goro's life, it will treated that way.
Dec 24, 2020 12:18 AM

Nov 2012
Rewatching
Still in the minority that likes S2 less than S1.
Aug 10, 2021 6:22 AM

Jun 2015
I agree on the fact S1 has the clear edge over S2. While it's as easy to get through, the developments are a bit questionable all for the sake of enabling as much baseball as possible. The changes of spirit from wanting to challenge Kaidou into joining them into wanting to challenge them again, all the drama with Toshiya, ... Also how we're told Kaidou's phylosophy main purpose is to take care of the players, allmost as if they could die of exhaustion in the middle of a game if they don't follow the manual, yet in the rest of the season we see them asking for 1000 push-ups for a test, or training their newcomers in really harsh ways. You'd think the risk of exhaustion also exists there.
Oct 16, 2021 1:26 PM

Jul 2015
Powerscaling felt off especially with Goro's oneman show in this team sports so I wish they toned that down. Also felt weird how the Saotome siblings were portrayed as good people with the forced sobstory on the dead brother and their caring about player mentality despite that clearly contradicting the Dream island training given but overall good season and cool to see Goro and few others having grown to now possessing like Koshien-levels of skills.

Jul 10, 2022 1:50 AM

Jan 2020
While I still enjoyed the second season, this season was definitely a mess. It was like the manga-ka was throwing random things into the story and seeing what sticks; such as that girl that has a crush on Toshi, which added nothing to the story. The art also tends to go more off model due to the more complex character designs compared to the first season. Overall, the second season was just mediocre imo.
Apr 26, 2023 11:12 AM

Jun 2009
Goro really is just a narcissist isn't he? Everything has to serve him, his choices hurting others has no effect on him. I'm fairly certain he's never actually displayed empathy in the series. He's screwed Toshi over at literally every juncture, he's now leaving this team with the explicit goal of fucking up their dreams of Koshien next year.

The first season seemed to have as its theme that abuse was fine as long as the abuser felt justified about it, this season seems to double down on that theme. It was hilarious when some members of his team refused to play because they felt betrayed by him, because I knew they'd be on his side supporting him (against their own best interests) before the episode was finished. I can only assumed the mangaka had a lot of childhood issues to work through.
Aug 19, 2023 1:49 AM
Aug 2023
Sunwin| Tải Game Sun Win APK/IOS | Uy tín Hàng Đầu châu Á. Sunwin cổng game bài đổi thưởng số 1 Sunwin ông lớn trong thị trường game tại Việt Nam. Game bài Sunwin được biết đến là sòng bài macau quốc tế thu nhỏ và cho phép người chơi trải nghiệm hoàn toàn miễn phí. Cổng game đổi thưởng đang dẫn đầu về chất lượng trải nghiệm và chất lượng nhất Việt Nam. Hiện nay cổng game bài đổi thưởng Sunwin đã xây dựng cập nhật một hệ thống một cách bài bản ở phiên bản Sunwin 14
#sunwin #sunwin14 #sun #sunwin #trangchusunwin #sunwin14.
https://sunwin14.win/
Aug 21, 2023 2:01 AM
Aug 2023
Sunwin | Tải Game Sun Win APK/IOS | Uy tín Hàng Đầu châu Á. Sunwin cổng game bài đổi thưởng số 1 Sunwin ông lớn trong thị trường game tại Việt Nam. Game bài Sunwin được biết đến là sòng bài macau quốc tế thu nhỏ và cho phép người chơi trải nghiệm hoàn toàn miễn phí. Cổng game đổi thưởng đang dẫn đầu về chất lượng trải nghiệm và chất lượng nhất Việt Nam. Hiện nay cổng game bài đổi thưởng Sunwin đã xây dựng cập nhật một hệ thống một cách bài bản ở phiên bản Sunwin 14
#sunwin #sunwin14 #sun #sunwin #trangchusunwin #sunwin14.
https://sunwin14.win/
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Major S2 Episode 3 Discussion

jacobpaige - Apr 13, 2010

22 by Bigdog77778 »»
Sep 8, 2022 3:27 PM

Poll: » Major S2 Episode 4 Discussion

23 by Meranwise »»
Aug 31, 2022 4:12 PM

Poll: » Major S2 Episode 14 Discussion

canis - Oct 31, 2009

28 by ims-tokyo »»
Jul 8, 2022 11:37 PM

Poll: » Major S2 Episode 18 Discussion

23 by BlaizeV »»
Apr 27, 2022 11:39 AM

Poll: » Major S2 Episode 25 Discussion

jacobpaige - Apr 14, 2010

25 by Unkrowned »»
Oct 16, 2021 1:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.