MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Souten Kouro Episode 9 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Souten Kouro »» Souten Kouro Episode 9 Discussion

View Poll Results: Souten Kouro Episode 9 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

6 50.00%
4 out of 5: Liked it

4 33.33%
3 out of 5: It was OK

2 16.67%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

0.00%
1 out of 5: Hated it

0.00%
Voters: 12

07-21-09, 3:33 AM
DB Administrator
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Another challenge for Cao Cao.

Guidelines and Frequently Asked Questions Report Abuse! Master of war with plasma swords.

07-21-09, 7:38 AM

By far the best series airing at the moment. Every episode adds to the awesomeness, this one being no exception.

07-21-09, 5:12 PM

Damn, I love this show. x)

Still, wtf was that introduction of Lu Bu? Did this just turn into Dynasty Warriors?

07-21-09, 9:57 PM

There was a lot of randomness going on in this episode that I didn't bother to try and understand. Like Lu Bu appearing with static electricity, killing his master, and promptly disappearing, and that one guy who got stabbed right before Zhang Rang fled with the emperor, or why what's his name let Cao Cao go. I'm still very unsure as to who the other 2 dragons are specifically, since I've pretty much thought about 5 people were the other 2...but maybe those are rotating spots. I don't know.

Cao Cao is still as fabulous as ever though.

07-22-09, 2:29 AM

FUUUUUUUUUU, Lu Bu has arrived. Shit is about to hit the fan.

07-22-09, 4:50 AM

noteDhero said:
There was a lot of randomness going on in this episode that I didn't bother to try and understand. Like Lu Bu appearing with static electricity, killing his master, and promptly disappearing

Lu Bu is supposed to be the strongest warriors of all, and considering how everything in this show is as badass as it gets, it's no surprise that he made his entry with a huge explosion. I agree though that this scene was very confusing for someone who isn't familiar with the story. In the Romance of the 3 Kingdoms it's like this: Ding Yuan was Lu Bu's foster father, but Dong Zhuo bribed Lu Bu to kill Ding Yuan and serve him instead. Here it pretty much happened all at the same time.

noteDhero said:
and that one guy who got stabbed right before Zhang Rang fled with the emperor

That was He Jin. He was the brother of the Empress and tried to get rid of the eunuchs, so they killed him instead.

noteDhero said:
or why what's his name let Cao Cao go.

I guess Dong Zhuo wants a challenge or something like that. It was quite different in Romance of the 3 Kingdoms - Cao Cao wanted to assassinate Dong Zhuo with a sword, but Lu Bu noticed, so Cao Cao made up an excuse and presented the sword to Dong Zhuo as a gift.

noteDhero said:
I'm still very unsure as to who the other 2 dragons are specifically, since I've pretty much thought about 5 people were the other 2...but maybe those are rotating spots. I don't know.

I'll put this in spoiler tags, just in case:

07-22-09, 7:03 AM

Lu Bu entrance was weird.

07-22-09, 9:13 AM

kie_ said:
Lu Bu entrance was weird.

Everything about him was weird.

I love how Cao Cao keeps making fun of Yuan Shao.

07-23-09, 9:12 AM

"It is not my desire, it is heaven's will."
LOL WTF Cao Cao, did you just interpret yourself as heaven yourself?

"A Legend is just a tale of a beautiful lie."

07-25-09, 4:04 PM

The story really picked up in the last 3 episodes, after a relatively slow start. It's now probably my favourite show this season, but i do have one major gripe.

The way they animated Liu Bei(with the Buddha ears, i mean, cmon!), and his personality. It's just wayyy too dopey, i don't see any redeeming qualities at all.

08-07-09, 10:56 PM

Kind of disapointing that Cao Cao wasn't the one who ended up killing Zhang Rang after all that went on between them. Still nice to see him get what he deserves though.

08-10-09, 5:33 AM

Lu Bu's electricity around him was definitely unwanted in this show. I hope we won't have more of that.

09-08-09, 4:51 PM

noteDhero said:
There was a lot of randomness going on in this episode that I didn't bother to try and understand. Like Lu Bu appearing with static electricity, killing his master, and promptly disappearing, and that one guy who got stabbed right before Zhang Rang fled with the emperor, or why what's his name let Cao Cao go. I'm still very unsure as to who the other 2 dragons are specifically, since I've pretty much thought about 5 people were the other 2...but maybe those are rotating spots. I don't know.

Cao Cao is still as fabulous as ever though.

Yeah i didn't understand what happened with Lu Bu there ether.
We finally got to see Zhang Rang dying like a little bitch. Dong Zhuo certainly didn't go easy on him so who cares who killed him. It didn't seem like Cao Cao had a problem with it.
So now in the next episodes we will have Cao Cao against Dong Zhuo. That will be intense since Dong Zhuo doesn't seem to be a push over.

08-06-11, 8:28 PM

Thank the gods Zhang Rang is gone! Liu Xie actually looks better than Liu Bian though he was more a puppet ruler than Liu Bian when he was put in the throne.

What's up with Lu Bu and his electric entrance (literally) and how can I forget, the dreadlocks? Ah whatever...

06-20-12, 1:55 PM

just speculation, but i'm under the impression that the reason for Lubu's 'electricity adorning his armor was to show off his status as THE strongest warrior in all of China; it could also be a tribute to its popular video game franchise, Dynasty Warriors, of which Lubu always appeared with similar effects which contributed towards his intimidating physique and reputation.

so no, i believe the animation of electricity shooting off his armor isn't to be taken literally as if he had the ability to fire bolts of lightning, but rather to convey the thought of Lubu's superiority, or at least that's my take on the matter.

Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices