Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 20, 2009 6:55 PM

Aug 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I'm kind of surprised that nobody made a topic yet... Sweat-dropping ensues! So this time he murders a mother and a child while pretending to be a hobo. And I noticed that the negotiations didn't go well, so does that mean they fight for Madison Square or something now? Eh, the questions.
Anyways I think this will three possible endings for Zwei (or any combination of the three):
1) He dies or something that marks his end of being on Phantom's side and she gets a new apprentice
2) He gets out of the Inferno business alone with/without all his memories restored as his life goes back into being a normal one
3) He somehow gets the 2nd ending but with the Ein this time
ckamJul 20, 2009 7:23 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 21, 2009 2:02 AM

Aug 2008
that assassination of the wife and son was cold-blooded
Aug 6, 2009 7:35 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
facepalm really, there are code of conduct in the mafia world too... They do not pity potential enemy, even if he is a child....But really, they should kill the family AFTER they actually kill Tony NOT before. That was a huge mistake....NEVER underestimate someone who has lost everything....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 10, 2009 8:39 PM

Aug 2009
Freaking intense. Zwei turned into a cold blooded beast and kill Tony's wife and son!

Ms. McCunnen is also freaking hot and I think that she has a thing on Zwei.
Ein is probably getting jealous since Zwei always go to McCunnen's house.

Nice episode. That was some dumb move by the Melanie Square. You never mess up with the Inferno, bitches!
Nov 24, 2009 10:29 PM

Dec 2007
Moonfrost said:
Freaking intense. Zwei turned into a cold blooded beast and kill Tony's wife and son! Ms. McCunnen is also freaking hot and I think that she has a thing on Zwei.

Ditto.
Feb 16, 2010 5:55 AM

Jan 2010
gameoffreak8 said:
Moonfrost said:
Freaking intense. Zwei turned into a cold blooded beast and kill Tony's wife and son! Ms. McCunnen is also freaking hot and I think that she has a thing on Zwei.

Ditto.

Seconded.
Apr 15, 2010 10:20 AM
Jan 2010
werr-y said:
gameoffreak8 said:
Moonfrost said:

Ditto.

Seconded.

Thirded? (if that's possible)

Oh and I can't believe that Zwei was all chill when Ms. McCunnen was acting all seductive. I don't think I would have been able to restrain myself if I were in that situation. lol.
Aug 9, 2010 1:13 PM

Mar 2009
Powerful episode.. I got breathless waiting for Zwei to shoot the mother and child. For a moment, I thought he was going to lower his but he didn't! Oh I bet he hates Inferno now.

+1 for this show.
Signature? I ain't got no signature! I don't need no signature! I don't have to show you any stinkin' signature!
Aug 21, 2010 11:51 AM

Jan 2009
That was a dickhead move on Inferno's part. You don't do that, mafia or moral based. It's not proper.

Why do I get a sense of a "I have to escape from this organization, but in order to do so, I must fight the one who taught me everything" feeling coming up in the later episodes.

Lets see what ep6+ brings.
Oct 24, 2010 3:41 AM

Oct 2010
mwgriffin said:
werr-y said:
gameoffreak8 said:
Moonfrost said:

Ditto.

Seconded.

Fourthed... or something.

Zwei killing the wife and child like that sent a chill down my spine, this anime doesn't mess around.
Dec 27, 2010 11:56 AM

Jan 2010
Although in real life, murdering an innocent child and wife is wrong, immoral, sinful, and just plain sad.. I think in an anime and nothing else it is exceptable considering it makes good a good plot and character progress, also it leaves us with something to actually think about.

So, Requiem for the Phantom is doing a perfect job at demonstrating the fucked up world we live in.
Jan 25, 2011 4:31 PM

Aug 2010
Really awesome episode, this series is really showing potential to be one of my faves.

Has anyone else noticed how amazing the score is for this anime, the music made the final scenes in this episode far more intense.
Jan 25, 2011 11:01 PM

Mar 2009
nicoliolipoli said:
Although in real life, murdering an innocent child and wife is wrong, immoral, sinful, and just plain sad.. I think in an anime and nothing else it is exceptable considering it makes good a good plot and character progress, also it leaves us with something to actually think about.

So, Requiem for the Phantom is doing a perfect job at demonstrating the fucked up world we live in.

ditto I definitely agree on how fucked up our world is.
Feb 4, 2011 2:12 PM

Dec 2010
Phoenix117 said:
mwgriffin said:
werr-y said:
gameoffreak8 said:
Moonfrost said:

Ditto.

Seconded.

Zwei killing the wife and child like that sent a chill down my spine, this anime doesn't mess around.

Fifthed? lol i guess its to be expected with all the hints that the episode left that many people (including myself) would think this. Also dang... i mean i knew it was coming but that was cold blooded, it got to second for the chill, it really did send a chill when the kid innocently looked at Zwei after his mom died and everyone (except prolly him[the kid]) knew what was coming next.
Feb 5, 2011 10:59 AM
Feb 2008
For a second there I thought he was going to spare the kid. Maybe this Tony Stone guy will come back as a recurring enemy or something.
Feb 6, 2011 8:24 AM

Aug 2010
nicoliolipoli said:
Although in real life, murdering an innocent child and wife is wrong, immoral, sinful, and just plain sad.
He's already in hell!!
Mar 29, 2011 11:15 PM

Aug 2010
I wish they would've shown him shooting the kid
Aug 10, 2011 2:37 PM

Aug 2010
KeiranShikari said:
Really awesome episode, this series is really showing potential to be one of my faves.

And it did, back for the rewatch.
Mar 9, 2012 6:35 AM

Oct 2009
Noooooooooooooooo.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 10, 2012 11:35 PM

Jul 2011
What a shitty plan.

If they'd just proven that it was easy for them to get in, or just kidnap his family, they would have had a negotiation point. Now they're going to have to kill all of Tony's people just to get the square. I mean what are they going to threaten to do, kill his son again?
Mar 15, 2012 4:20 PM

Sep 2011
Argh, suchs for the son and wife. :(
Mar 30, 2012 8:56 PM

Dec 2011
InfiniteDestiny said:
Phoenix117 said:
mwgriffin said:
werr-y said:
gameoffreak8 said:
Moonfrost said:

Ditto.

Seconded.

Fifthed? lol i guess its to be expected with all the hints that the episode left that many people (including myself) would think this. Also dang... i mean i knew it was coming but that was cold blooded, it got to second for the chill, it really did send a chill when the kid innocently looked at Zwei after his mom died and everyone (except prolly him[the kid]) knew what was coming next.

Sixthed.
He really killed the kid.
It is rare to find a main character so cold.
Im loving this show.
Apr 2, 2012 5:00 PM

Mar 2011
Ms. McCunnen = HOT.....nuff said
Jun 23, 2012 1:04 PM

Mar 2011
Glub said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
Phoenix117 said:
mwgriffin said:
werr-y said:
gameoffreak8 said:
Moonfrost said:

Ditto.

Seconded.

Sixthed.
Im loving this show.

Seventhed.

Watching Zwei kill the mother and child was sad.
Jul 24, 2012 9:49 PM

Aug 2010
Damn, this was a pretty intense episode.
Aug 31, 2012 5:03 PM

Aug 2012
TowardsTheStars said:
Glub said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
Phoenix117 said:
mwgriffin said:
werr-y said:
gameoffreak8 said:
Moonfrost said:

Ditto.

Seconded.

Sixthed.
Im loving this show.

Seventhed.

Eighthed lol
I love the soundtrack in this anime. Really fitting the visuals and the story. Great episode again. 4/5

Sep 8, 2012 8:34 PM

Sep 2012
Brutal.
Never forget, that if you post a topic, you're not allowed to post in it yourself, by order of MAL administration.
Oct 11, 2012 4:49 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Hyunckel said:
TowardsTheStars said:
Glub said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
Phoenix117 said:
mwgriffin said:
werr-y said:
gameoffreak8 said:
Moonfrost said:

Ditto.

Seconded.

Sixthed.
Im loving this show.

Seventhed.

Eighthed lol
I love the soundtrack in this anime. Really fitting the visuals and the story. Great episode again. 4/5

Nineth.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 29, 2012 12:22 PM
Jul 2012
quote=Marzan]
Hyunckel said:
TowardsTheStars said:
Glub said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
Phoenix117 said:
mwgriffin said:
werr-y said:
gameoffreak8 said:
Moonfrost said:

Ditto.

Seconded.

Sixthed.
Im loving this show.

Seventhed.

Eighthed lol

Nineth.
Tenth Really hated that Ms. McCunnen made Zwei to kill that child.
3/5
LegendGoldDarkOct 29, 2012 12:30 PM
Oct 29, 2012 1:53 PM

Mar 2010
GoldenBRS said:
Marzan said:
Hyunckel said:
TowardsTheStars said:
Glub said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
Phoenix117 said:
mwgriffin said:
werr-y said:
gameoffreak8 said:
Moonfrost said:

Ditto.

Seconded.

Sixthed.
Im loving this show.

Seventhed.

Eighthed lol

Nineth.

Tenth Really hated that Ms. McCunnen made Zwei to kill that child.
3/5

Eleventhed just for the luls.

It really gave a dark undertone to the series. It was a bad act, but actually made me like the series even more.
Dec 23, 2012 1:26 PM

May 2011
This is what I want to see from a Seinen. As heart-wrenching as it was, this is sometimes reality.

I am in no way going to bash Zwei, he doesn't have a fucking choice. Also, you can tell he's not feeling anything when his eyes are dilated, that's the only way he can get through all of this; to become "Zwei" is the only way he can avoid the horrors of being "Zwei".

Oh yeah, Ms. McCunnen is brilliant. She's awesome at being playful (and hot!), then she's awesome at being a boss the next second. I hope she sticks around. Her bodyguard is pretty cool too.

5/5, please keep this pace up.
Jan 13, 2013 9:14 PM

Nov 2011
Man, why do they always have to be next to a window? Don't they know windows are dangerous? D=.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Feb 2, 2013 2:29 AM

May 2012
Why inferno want the wife and son to be killed ? What do they achieve by doing this ?

I used to like Zwei, but now I hate him. He killed a child and innocent mother with a cool blood.
Mar 1, 2013 2:18 AM

May 2011
Wow people still wondering why Zwei killed the mother and child?... Uh HELLO... HE'S BRAINWASHED!

Inferno simply gave Tony a decision/test

What is more important to you?

Melanie Square or your family?

Tony chose Melanie Square, so therefore Melanie Square was more important than his family and payed the utter price.

Apr 17, 2013 4:31 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
DarkShards said:
Man, why do they always have to be next to a window? Don't they know windows are dangerous? D=.

I know right. It took all of those guard awhile too figure out there's a sniper. I would've tried to hide behind something after the first two people were shot down instead of just standing there and looking around, shocked. Of course the other side would be prepared to fight back too. Tony was a little too confident about how things would turn out. Zwei and his eyes. Definitely looked scary at the end...his eyes are as lifeless Ein, instead they look like the eyes of a killing machine (not that I know what that looks like..but I would think it looks like Zwei's).
Nov 2, 2013 4:53 AM
Nov 2013
NEVER UNDERESTIMATE SOMEONE WHO HAS LOST EVERYTHING!

The way they handled the deal was just weird. Tony can turn into a monster now. Unfortunately I don't think this will be brought up again in the stories.

The shooting of the mother and child was psychologically intense. This series just gets better.

I sense something bad is going to happen between the assassins soon...
Nov 4, 2013 7:27 PM
Nov 2011
Wow that was so cold so so cold, really good anime so makes time fly for me so that shows how in tune to it an how much I am enjoying the anime so far,
now tony has nothing to lose don't underestimate him
Dec 7, 2013 2:58 PM

Oct 2012
Awesome episode, just awesome... the atmosphere.. I am speechless. Great one!
Jan 8, 2014 9:25 PM

Aug 2013
That was some cold-blooded shit. To kill a mother and a child... Zwei eyes were weird. It looked like he was on hypnosis. Maybe it's just a self-defense to fell no remorse.

But I don't think that their real goal was the Madison Square or whatever it was named. They wouldn't have left him alive if it was. I think their real goal was to show the entire mafia that if someone refused them something, they are ready to go as far as to kill every member of their family. It wasn't about the prize, it was about the message. That ensure that the next family might not do the same error.

That blond girl definitely have some interrest on Zwei. And by interrest, I mean sexual interrest :P
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jan 17, 2014 12:16 AM
Oct 2013
so far i feel like ein and zwei have been actin like little b!$##s brain washed or not. Im hoping he uses his training and turns against inferno
Fear is freedom!
Subjugation is liberation!
Contradiction is truth!
These are the truths of this world!
Surrender to those truths,
you pigs in human in human clothing!

-Satsuki Kiryuin
Jan 19, 2014 7:04 PM

Jun 2010
I appreciate that Zwei actually killed the wife and child, but it really tried way too hard to make the mob boss likable and as with every episode so far, it's kind of slow and doesn't really have that much going on.
Jan 26, 2014 3:50 AM

Jul 2013
that Claudia is one smokin hot babe..

Zwei killed a mother and her child.. well I kind of expecting that
Mar 27, 2014 9:21 AM

May 2012
Oh wow that ending! That sure was fucked up but totally awesome! The amount of feel put into that was certainly epic!
Apr 19, 2014 5:56 PM

Apr 2012
damn that was ruthless o_o
that OST made that scene all the more powerful

Apr 20, 2014 4:13 AM

Aug 2013
oh god.. this really broke my limit. :'0
whyyyyy ? that child.... was smiling... didn't know shit even when his mom was murdered in front of him.
I can feel you Zwei.. that was ruthless.
Hmmm.. well I have to admit Claudia is really the woman. *thumbs up*
May 8, 2014 4:15 PM

Jul 2013
ahxiian said:
oh god.. this really broke my limit. :'0
whyyyyy ? that child.... was smiling... didn't know shit even when his mom was murdered in front of him.
I can feel you Zwei.. that was ruthless.

That scene was brutal. The OST made it even more chilling. I was expecting Zwei to be waiting in the room for the farther and then kill him too but I guess not.

Claudia is one deceiving women. I don't rust her. She saw Zwei like that and didn't even bat an eyelid. Is she tougher than Ein or something?
Jun 23, 2014 12:31 AM

Sep 2013
So he killed a mother and son this time, fucking intense. Did zwei and MCcunnen had sex in the last scene? hugging and then turning off the lights is kinda suggestive.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Jul 8, 2014 8:03 PM

Apr 2014
bam, sold his soul.
Jul 10, 2014 12:14 AM

Oct 2013
holy dam
Intense episode
I sense jealousy building of Ein over Zwei and how he's being treated even though she was the first and his personal trainer
Kind of messed up on how the child and mother had to die but I guess thats what makes this show a little more mature and not some shounen
blond lady wants the D
[/quote]
Jul 24, 2014 12:08 AM

Jun 2013
Dang, he shot the kid! He became one cold mofo.
Mafia dude only has himself to blame for this. Inferno warned him and hinted a few times that they would go after his family if he didn't get off his high horse.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Sep 24, 2009

628 by __FK__ »»
Apr 15, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jul 16, 2009

145 by defaulticus »»
Mar 23, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Phantom Requiem for the Phantom Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Mikiyo - Apr 3, 2009

171 by defaulticus »»
Mar 17, 3:51 PM

» Phantom: Requiem for the phantom. Visual Novel endings.

Jimmy2233 - Sep 26, 2013

5 by ALCYON3US »»
Feb 9, 12:30 PM

Poll: » Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Cheesyhoboe - Apr 23, 2009

116 by bubba460z »»
Dec 17, 2023 8:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.