Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 27, 2014 7:06 AM

Jan 2013
Goku's Kamehameha can now kiss Ai's sexy Ki blast ass
Sep 27, 2014 11:04 PM

Feb 2013
Well I wasn't so sure about this series when I first started it, since the first half was a bit repetitive. But the fantastic second half really made up for that.

Hajime's confession actually made me tear up a bit, what a great scene >_<.

Oh and I knew that damn spider was the one in charge, I wonder what roll he will play in the coming seasons. Is he just gonna let Ai get away with disobeying him?

Also as others have mentioned I wonder what that favor is the grandmother asked of Hajime. I guess that's another thing that we'll find out in the next two seasons.

But yeah, really good series. I'm looking forward to watching season 2 :D

8/10
Oct 4, 2014 11:35 PM

Nov 2013
It wouldn't be Jigoku Shoujo without Hajime getting in the way of everything! DAMMIT I WANTED THAT MOTHERFUCKER TO DIE SO BAD! Oh well. Kinda wish we found out how Tsugumi could see what Ai sees or what's the purpose of the spider. I wonder how that sneaky bastard Hajime got into Tsugumi's thoughts? The ending was decent. Not bad though nothing amazing.

Nov 29, 2014 1:24 PM

Dec 2012
Ever since Hajime and Tsugumi's falling out over Jigoku Shoujo's intentions around episode 21, I had the feeling that Tsugumi might get her own doll at some point. Of course, it definitely didn't happen the way I suspected and the way Enma kept tormenting her was unexpected. She wanted to be rid of Sentarou and what better way than to send the last remaining descendants to hell? The resolution felt a bit forced and it's like "ok I've seen this all before." Also I have to wonder why Hajime told her to pull the string - that would cause Tsugumi far more suffering. Looks like Enma has burned away her past and the cycle will continue on now which I presume takes form in the sequels.

Well at the end of it all, Jigoku Shoujo has left me with a wide range of mixed opinions towards it. To start off with what I enjoyed, I'll say that despite the repetitive nature of the episodes, it really brought some interesting and thought provoking ideas of revenge, suffering, and justice to light. I didn't have any problem with the episodic format of the show when it was mixing things up and bringing different takes on the theme of revenge to the table and what Hell Correspondence meant to all of these various characters.

On the other hand, I feel as though Jigoku Shoujo wasn't able to handle the dark, suspenseful atmosphere it was going after very well. Most of the villains in each episode felt cheaply exaggerated in order to constantly invoke the idea that "this person deserves to go to hell!" from the audience. It rarely dealt with the grey areas and felt more humorous than horrifying.

The other major problem area I had with JS is the copy & paste, formulaic format of the red string pulling scenarios. After looking back at the show, there were really only 3 of them that made me stop and heavily reflect on what happened. Most notably the one with the student and teacher who are both depressed and make their way to hell together to escape the world is my favorite. Otherwise it was a godsend whenever the episodes actually did something different, particularly the later portion of the show that explored Tsugumi and Enma's connection.

Overall Jigoku Shoujo felt like a steady jog that would spike into a full sprint for 30 seconds every 5 minutes before settling back to its usual pace.

6.5/10, I can't determine if I want to view it as a mediocre show that had its share of good moments or a good show that suffered from too much wasted time and potential.
Jan 27, 2015 3:24 AM

Aug 2010
Well, I made it. It took me one and a half year, but I've completed the first season. These last few episodes were pretty nice, but they didn't even begin to make up for all the frustration from the beginning and the middle of the season. Build-up and pay-off are finely balanced and this show really messed up big time on it. 4/10.
Feb 16, 2015 5:36 AM

Jan 2014
Nice ending,I enjoyed this series.
May 30, 2015 7:08 PM

Oct 2012
LOL the monk died so unexpectedly I burst out laughing. Is that bad? XD
Jun 16, 2015 2:01 PM

Aug 2013
It would be much better without 1/2 of those nonsense stories like girl with dogs etc (12-13 episodes instead 26). Liked that one with doll (in old sanatorium/hospital), that one with nurse, and few other, but much of episodes without main storyline were dumb.
Anyway, 8/10 for great last episodes.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jun 18, 2015 9:24 AM

May 2011
RIP, GUY WHO WAS EATING DINNER GOT IMMOLATED RANDOMLY

^that aside, let us rationalise here: this episode was not as great as I expected, but I have to give qualms for making a smooth path to a sequel, by leaving the ample gaps opened to be narrated upon later.

For the first time, this anime decided to take upon a huge twist - it is Jigoku Shoujo: Enma Ai, the one who is actually desiring to "pull the string". In the end, it was revealed in the previous episode that she was once a human who endured betrayal, and took upon great revenge. While the recurring theme may have been "vengeance", the truth behind that actually pulls off a greater picture - that of the human nature: the raw, insecure, reckless, callous, and pure depravity in us.

Sometimes we say that the "revenges" are worth it. Sometimes they make us think otherwise. For more than half the anime, Jigoku Shoujo actually imposed the question again and again upon us, as if they are all "stand-alone" episodes. It may not have been clear until then, but this finale to the series made it clear to every single viewer out there - there are just simply two sides to each coin. Even Jigoku Shoujo herself, has to question upon that against her returning emotions in this episode.

However, I would have to question the message that is brought across in this episode. It was superb, so to say, but that message, which could have been effectively powerful,was brought to its end half-assedly. All we get too see up to 20 minutes was so good: until that decision of hers to 'nuke' the temple. While this may provide a path to sequels - I do not find it necessary for her to destroy her past and give up on her vengeance, as this clearly will bring upon a vicious cycle had she been forced to recollect them again.

Enma Ai hence left many questions of her identity and personal emotions unanswered. The rather unconvincing end justifies my angst for such, and I would definitely need more room for expansion in this aspect for the two sequels to come. Unless one can persuade me that she has got over her vengeance, I shall not find this episode a convincing finale, although a clear path to a sequel. (Two, in fact.)

Clearly, the Shibata duo is the most interesting aspect of this episode, and possibly for the entire series. Technically serving as the moral compasses and anchors to the series of "revenges" about to take place, they provide a commentary on the various incidents of hatred and grievances, and make us viewers question if they really are worth it. While it may have been an entertaining watch to look at comments around "flaming" and arguing on whether the father or the daughter is correct and the worthiness of the different revenges; one can see, the human concept of morality, which is indeed, in my opinion, the main message Jigoku Shoujo is trying to bring across.

If an anime can even convince her viewers on their moral identities, I would argue to explain why this anime is a good watch. The "stand-alones" may have turned some off initially, but the tension built slowly and steadily will definitely be worth it, by the time the anime reaches the question which we are dying for the answer.

4/5
grayrebornnhyJun 18, 2015 9:43 AM
"If you reject me, I'll blast a hole in you!" Kanzaki H. Aria
Just kidding.

Jun 19, 2015 2:28 PM

Dec 2014
Ai just murdered a man casually watching TV in a temple. That ki-blast was still badass tho
Jul 2, 2015 11:24 PM

Aug 2012
lunarsensitive said:
Hajime really showed himself to be a horrible father in this episode.

well, l dont disagree with you, l think that a explanation for this behavior from hajime is that he had only tsugumi as family and couldnt let a 7 year girl alone at home, so he had no choice than bringing her with him everywhere he goes.

tsugumi being uncertain about pulling the string in the last scenes was a bit weird, l mean she lived all her life with her beloved dad and suddenly because of that car accident that clearly wasnt his direct fault, she was able to send hajime to hell? what kind of relationship between father and daughter is that?

My point of view on these takes.... in the table scene where enma ai was tempting tsugumi to pull the string and tsugumi was with empty eyes and willing to pull them, she was being mentaly controlled by enma, thats why hajime enters the room asking what she was trying to force tsugumi to do, without this, it doesnt make sense to convice her to be against her dad for such a dumb motive.

also hajime telling her to pull the string was very unexpected, because her soul should also be condenmed

there were alot of questions that were left unanswered, like why enma ai let tsugumi had her visions or what was the grandma request....

expecting season 2 doesnt contain only fanservice...
darmianJul 2, 2015 11:38 PM
Dec 13, 2015 4:52 AM

Jan 2012
Hirax said:
Nice ending,I enjoyed this series.

yes, nice she didn't sent her father to hell 7/10 .

Jan 29, 2016 6:56 PM
Dec 2015
It's interesting how well the season develops Ai's character in just three episodes - to be honest, I would've wished for more hints to the past earlier (or possibly dropping down the episode count.) The last episodes are just what I really appreciate in Jigoku Shoujo; both beautiful, tragic and a little bit shady on what's right and what's wrong.

Definitely happy to have finally completed this.
Feb 24, 2016 3:29 PM
Feb 2016
I need help....I get the ending and Stuff...
Just the thing with the farmgirl is kind of open, together with the grandmother and the spider.
But what's realy bugging me is, that after the ending of this episode the subtitles were gone... the three helpers of Ai are saying something and you're seeing all the guys with the cursemarks...
What do they say? Can anybody help me or is it something i'll see in the next season?

i rate it 9/10 because the first 20 episodes just show how bad ai must been feeling over 400 Years...
(sry fur bat inglish ;)
Mar 20, 2016 1:51 PM

Mar 2015
That's interesting way to end it. Though it's kind of meh most of the time, it's still enjoyable. 8/10

I like the psychological take in this anime, even though repetitive, we see bad human actions, Hajime and the hell girl bringing out the worst out of society.

Dec 21, 2016 1:05 PM

Nov 2012
It was really emotional and what I can to say ending story was heartbreaking. Totally watching season 2. :')
Jan 8, 2017 5:36 PM

Sep 2013
Kind of a disappointing episode. I'm still not clear on how Ai escaped Hell to burn down the village in t he first place. Feels like a lot of questions left unanswered. Also, I don't like how Ai became such a jerk at the end.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Mar 22, 2017 8:26 PM

Apr 2009
There's still a season 2 and 3 for that.

Confucius said:
What the hell (unintended pun)? Dumb drama, countless unanswered questions!???

Why the hell did she do a Kamikamiha to that temple? That monk was eating and got blown up!??? What the hell happened to the cousin?

Ai became a bad girl in this episode. Nice show tho.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 19, 2017 3:12 AM

Oct 2015
That was a very good anime with lots of darkness especially from the ones who summon her. The only obstacle was that Shibata now he was annoying meddling character that i hated. I wished he was killed in this season.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

May 3, 2017 10:26 PM

Oct 2015
It was a nice ending. But the fact that they kept on faulting Hajime was annoying. He had to work for a living if you think your husband is not spending time with the family then you should tell him that. I'm sure he'll understand I mean that's what the mouth was created for and her driving into a pole was honestly her own fault for recklessly driving. He worked hard for his family's sake and what does he get? Betrayal, of course it isn't easy to forgive if the one you love is going out with another. Hajime truly wasn't at fault but him not forgiving her was a serious mistake. No matter how big that mistake was you should always learn to forgive 7/10 for me
Jun 1, 2017 6:56 AM

May 2015
RIP Priest. He was watching his favourite show :(

Good show. 8/10 for me.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jun 6, 2017 11:35 AM

Jul 2015
So Ai straight up murders the monk at the end, for no reason at all, and Hajime and Tsugumi just walk off into the sunset without batting an eye?! Fucking savages.
Jun 15, 2017 4:59 PM

Jan 2015
I cant believe that Tsugumi was even considering to pull the string wth is wrong with you? Didn't you learn anything through trying to resolve all those different cases (ESPECiALLY the nurse one) that perhaps sending people to hell is not the bestest idea. Especially when its your loving father who took care of you for your whole life? Honestly he was such a good father being a solo father,working and taking care of his daughter is just a medal worthy honestly.

And once she found out one little truth about him and her mother that he is perhaps responsible for her death SHE IMMEDIATELY forgot everything, everything good that happened and only focused on that one part of his father's past. Can't she just trust her father? That it's not his fault but her mother's one? she cheated on him, he sent her away. A standard thing that happens between people. It wasnt his fault for sure sure he could've handled it better but still.

And honestly even if it was 100% his fault why not just forgive him? Its what happened in the past and your father must've had a reason right? Still cant believe she almost pulled the thread. If she killed her always loving father just like that after finding out his small past I would've been SO Mad. Would've made watching the season that much harder.

Cant believe Hajime was basically begging for forgiveness and even accepted the fact that she will banish him to hell. Fucking Tsugumi. honestly my most hated character right now
It was a pretty heartdrenching moment between those two though but but i couldnt even cry a tear since i was so frustrated with Tsugumi and the whole situation.

What i understood tho that the reason Ai went against Tsugumi is because she has Sentaro's blood right? and by making Tsugumi send her father to hell and then eventually after she dies she will get to hell as well making Sentaro's bloodline go extinct. That's why she was so forceful towards Tsugumi but after finding out that Sentaro didnt betray her(not sure if she understood that he didnt betray her but i think she understood that he felt regret for his actions and by destoying the shrine that he built for her and other sacrifices she forgave him. So now she no longer needs to kill Hajime or Tsugumi.

And the reason why Ai didnt go after them before??? not sure.... maybe she separated herself from her past and from her emotions so she didnt care. Like in that ep 20 vs PSYCHIC BOY who we still dont know anything about how he came to be or anything (really big fuck up from this anime i think) when he was pushing her around she said she wont fight back because what she feels doesn't matter and after ep 23 after she was remembering more and more of her past she gave in to her impulses and went after Hajime and Tsugumi.

Really curious what favor will Hajime make to spider (for sure will be explained in season 2 right) I really liked how Ren and others were worrying about Ai even telling Hajime how Ai suffered for 400 years :( they really grew on me honestly.

There were lots of flaws and fuckups in the anime overall i think. There were only 2 episode that i considered truly to be a 10/10 one and most episodes were just so-so 6/10, 7/10 yeah majority of episodes were like that. The reason for that is i think that most of the stories lacked really badly in execution and lots of times there were poor logical explanations. Since it didnt feel realistic to me becase of that i weren't able to connect that well to the story of a certain epsiode as i wished to. Ai's story was done greatly as well as Hajime's story but even that can have lots of improvements.

But since Ai and her team were great characters and the story is about hell (wont find that often) really interesting concept. Lots of other things like the straw doll or her team's abilities. Or Ipen shindemeru. Or different punishments for those who were condemned to hell. I also really liked that the cases were different in many ways, the outcomes were sometimes really twisting. Like that ep 16 when it turns out she wanted her twin sister to die and not her father. OR in ep 10 about 2 friends. Or about that ballerina or was it theater girl? HOw it turned around on her head and she was the one going to hell.
Cause of that i think i will give it 8/10 but if second season will improve on things i had complaints about its gonna be easily 10 for me.
Jul 11, 2017 8:11 PM
Mar 2016
hajime isnt even at fault, who would forgive their SO when they cheated (right away)??? given some time he probably wouldve forgave her, but it really wasnt his fault. she shouldnt have cheated. buy a dildo or vibrator to keep you company, god.
Jul 12, 2017 2:56 PM

Dec 2012
RIP the monk that was inside the temple and he was burnt down with it, lmao.
Aug 5, 2017 2:18 AM

Dec 2014
What'd the granny want him to do? What's with the spider? Questions that I'll never know the answer to.

5/10
bdsbffAug 5, 2017 2:24 AM
Aug 29, 2017 6:54 AM
Oct 2012
Airyaxe said:
The reason the temple was built is for Ai and the other girls that were sacrificed.

Since Ai has forgiven Sentarou the temple no longer needed to exist. It was her way of forgiving him.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
THIS
Oct 31, 2017 1:01 PM

Sep 2012
SubtleJ said:
LOL the monk died so unexpectedly I burst out laughing. Is that bad? XD
LeMasta said:
Ai just murdered a man casually watching TV in a temple. That ki-blast was still badass tho
FrozenRaider said:
RIP Priest. He was watching his favourite show :(

Good show. 8/10 for me.
Hakaris said:
So Ai straight up murders the monk at the end, for no reason at all, and Hajime and Tsugumi just walk off into the sunset without batting an eye?! Fucking savages.
Perquisitore said:
RIP the monk that was inside the temple and he was burnt down with it, lmao.
@grayrebornnhy

actually he was in another building overlooking the temple :D
so he so it burn
Sugram22Oct 31, 2017 1:17 PM
Oct 31, 2017 1:12 PM

Sep 2012
EGOIST said:
It was a nice ending. But the fact that they kept on faulting Hajime was annoying. He had to work for a living if you think your husband is not spending time with the family then you should tell him that. I'm sure he'll understand I mean that's what the mouth was created for and her driving into a pole was honestly her own fault for recklessly driving. He worked hard for his family's sake and what does he get? Betrayal, of course it isn't easy to forgive if the one you love is going out with another. Hajime truly wasn't at fault but him not forgiving her was a serious mistake. No matter how big that mistake was you should always learn to forgive 7/10 for me

i agree about Hajime & hes wife

sadly that's the issue in real life as well ppl don't talk & one of them or both of them are cheating cause one of them or both are to busy with work

about her driving to her death her fault, yes & no, but i don't mean its Hajime fault, i mean ppl in emotional state like she was sitting behind the wheel have high risk getting in to car accident, so its not that much her fault, more like out of her control that's where the no comes in

warning for all:
so ppl if u ever go to make up with some don't go with ur own car use public transport cause a lot can happen & u may become emotional & u could end up like her
Sugram22Oct 31, 2017 1:23 PM
Nov 1, 2017 2:02 AM

Sep 2012
finished ep1 s2, it has Ai's flash back last scene before she became hell girl about how she became one, we kind of already knew paste on what we so here, but it added last piece of the puzzle to her background story
Dec 16, 2017 4:28 AM

Oct 2015
I loved Hajime and Tsugumi's story from revelations to development. Enma Ai's is sort of disappointing.
Jan 1, 2019 3:28 PM

Jul 2014
An okay show. There was some occasional good tension. The first several episodes got repetitive really quickly. I didn't like some episodes that much due to poorly-written conflicts or laughable moments (like Iwashita being immediately blamed by everyone for Muroi's death in episode 3).

But the show started getting better at episode 8 (though still somewhat repetitive with Hajime repeatedly failing to stop people from banishing others to Hell), with the last third or quarter being pretty good.

6/10
D-ohnutsJan 23, 2019 9:16 PM
Feb 20, 2019 4:29 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
The ending was really awsome. though i have a lot of questions that i hope will be answered in season 2.

Jun 14, 2019 12:44 PM

Sep 2012
darmian said:
lunarsensitive said:
Hajime really showed himself to be a horrible father in this episode.

well, l dont disagree with you, l think that a explanation for this behavior from hajime is that he had only tsugumi as family and couldnt let a 7 year girl alone at home, so he had no choice than bringing her with him everywhere he goes.

tsugumi being uncertain about pulling the string in the last scenes was a bit weird, l mean she lived all her life with her beloved dad and suddenly because of that car accident that clearly wasnt his direct fault, she was able to send hajime to hell? what kind of relationship between father and daughter is that?

My point of view on these takes.... in the table scene where enma ai was tempting tsugumi to pull the string and tsugumi was with empty eyes and willing to pull them, she was being mentaly controlled by enma, thats why hajime enters the room asking what she was trying to force tsugumi to do, without this, it doesnt make sense to convice her to be against her dad for such a dumb motive.

also hajime telling her to pull the string was very unexpected, because her soul should also be condenmed

there were alot of questions that were left unanswered, like why enma ai let tsugumi had her visions or what was the grandma request....

expecting season 2 doesnt contain only fanservice...

it was not just cause of the car accsident flashback ai did a mental torture to her quite long time she was about to mentally brake
Nov 22, 2019 5:01 AM

Oct 2019
When horror and internet meet, creepy stuff stirs about. Had its moments, was a bit boring and repetitive occasionally. 7/10
Jan 23, 2020 1:09 PM

Jul 2008
Well at least Hajime survived.

I still don't get why her out of all the souls in hell was chosen to do that job...I don't know it felt generic at the end connecting Hajime to Hell Girl like that.

I still liked the show so 6/10
May 18, 2020 12:55 AM
Apr 2018
So TSUGUMI didn't unknot the strings after her father apologizes.
Immediate 1/10 rating.

MY thoughts about JIGOKU SHOUJO from the very beginning :-

-- Conceptually, this show might be entertaining (for most people, just for the revenge stuff). The idea of someone avenging others is satisfying to watch, isn't it? NOT FOR ME at least.

-- This Show is full of COWARDS. Just watching people taking revenge made me want to drop the show, but i didn't.
-- I just didn't like how lightly people think of their life & of others. People believe their life depends on others. Their view about life & dependence on others is the reason they go on about revenge.
-- From this forum, it is clear how this show got more than 7 ratings.

I was very desperate to complete this Anime. Though it is not to my liking, yet i didn't wanted to drop the Anime. Glad to have completed it.

5/10 rating, only for their view of life. I just didn't like how lightly people think of their life & of others.

Btw, please don't reply to me, if you are bothered by this comment. That won't change my opinion. You see, i have a fundamental truth as a backup.
Doutei-kunMay 18, 2020 1:39 AM
May 29, 2020 4:29 AM

Aug 2018
Sigh. The two MCs really ruined the show for me.

I could close one eye for Tsugumi being naive and having such childish views since she's a child after all. But Hajime seriously annoyed me throughout the show. And just as I was starting to understand his extremely righteous viewpoint about stopping everyone from seeking revenge, he asks Tsugumi to pull the thread?! Really? How inconsistent can he be; trying to stop others but asking his own daughter to condemn him to hell, without considering how his daughter is going to go to hell too? Wow, what fatherly love.
Jul 27, 2020 11:52 PM

Jan 2018
did she just kill an innocent man again? lol
Jan 15, 2021 2:05 PM

Mar 2019
Interesting ending and apparently there is a 2nd season, which left me surprised because it looked like a happy ending, but tbh there were still some questions left, like the origins of those 3 that are always with Ai and also her grandma? We've never seen her face and her backstory doesnt say anything about her. First cour was too repetitive and also that hell girl vs hell boy episode was just bad plot-wise, but the 2nd part (Except that episode) was great overall, so 8/10 for now, might lower it to 7/10 but I'll have to think about it, because it was still good.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

May 18, 2021 9:15 PM
Apr 2021
I'm gonna miss that iconic Op and Ed song s xD

Rating : 9/10
Jun 14, 2021 10:21 AM
Aug 11, 2021 9:33 PM

Jul 2017
The past couple of episodes were very good but this was just... meh. The psychology in this episode surrounding Tsugumi and Hajime was really, really forced and weak and Ai's developments by the end were rushed too. Shame that just when the show was finally grabbing my interest, it ended on a whimper.

Overall, this first season was average, maybe a hair below (4-5 range). Because there was a really good stretch for the most part by the end and some of the episodes before were alright (the one with Ai's crying painting being great), but there definitely was a lot of repetitive episodes early on and some of those episodes made no real sense either with just pure dumb logic at its finest. Tsugumi and Hajime really did not add much positive value to this season for me sadly, might end up rating this season closer to a 4 because of how much they were involved without really providing great storytelling or being good enough characters on top of the mediocre, repetitive episodes at times that really lacked substance and thematic depth compared to what I hoped for.

The production generally was solid for the most part, will miss the opening song for this season a lot. My favorite aspect of the season by far, hope the next season looks and sounds as good as this season in general.
Sep 4, 2022 2:20 PM

Aug 2022
Yup, still my favourite anime, not going to cover why here I'll save that for the video I'm writing. Have yet to actually watch the seasons that came after but this rewatch was a great experience. Starting the second season tomorrow, I know I'm gonna love it.
Nov 11, 2022 11:37 AM
Dec 2017
this series is the type of series that will never end and go on forever like general hospital.

Dec 2, 2022 8:53 AM

Oct 2014
shit ending
ai had no good reason to hate sentarou and his bloodline, hajime wasn't necessarily the one at fault here, tsugumi was even more retarded than usual, and that monk died for no reason at all
seriously, what a disappointment...
skotarek-samaDec 2, 2022 8:58 AM
Jan 31, 2023 5:52 PM
Feb 2022
Quizás vea la segunda temporada después de todo.
Feb 28, 2023 7:33 PM

Apr 2015
My interpretation was that the temple was a symbol of Sentarou's regret, so Ai destroyed it. It's near clear if she did this with the intention of setting Sentarou free of his regret or of her releasing herself of Sentarou.

Also, everyone misinterpreting the scene as Ai having killed the monk when he was in an adjacent building. The whole temple exploded, and you saw the blast through the window where the monk was. He would have been blown up in that area already if he was inside the temple at the time.
Mar 22, 2023 4:59 PM

Sep 2017
Maybe it's because I'm not a very open minded person, but the ending didn't didn't sit well with me at all. First we had Enma just constantly trying to project her anger at Tsugumi and fill her mind(not to mention, imprison her) until she'd hear yes from her. 
Second, I never found Hajime at fault or feel any sadness about his wife's death; she cheated on him simply because he was overworking for the sake of his family, and then she had the nerve to show up in front of the house and shamelessly ask him for forgiveness? Would've been generous of Ai too had she shown Tsugumi some of her childhood memories(Her oKaSAn leaving her alone at the house to go ride another man and then play the victim) too.
Overall, the episode couldn't deliver any dilemma to me. To me, there was only one simple answer during all of it: That Ai can go f*ck herself.
I'll rate the show 7. Or maybe 8. Probably 8. But really they done did the last episode pretty dirty.
Ravord2 said:
that monk died for no reason at all
Nah he was in the other building. I agree with your other points though.
خ
May 28, 2023 5:04 AM

Sep 2012
Doutei-kun said:
So TSUGUMI didn't unknot the strings after her father apologizes.
Immediate 1/10 rating.

that hole part was dumb cause it wasn't hes fault to begin with, who was behind the wheel? and who decided to go behind a wheel while emotional and then go with high speed on narrow street?
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

redbuzz - May 8, 2008

69 by kirA_-_ »»
Mar 30, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Predseln - Apr 16, 2009

70 by kirA_-_ »»
Mar 30, 3:23 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Episode 11 Discussion

Moonfrost - Sep 19, 2009

47 by kirA_-_ »»
Mar 29, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Chilli-Kun - Jan 31, 2008

78 by kirA_-_ »»
Mar 29, 10:36 AM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

sugarplumfairy - Oct 2, 2008

91 by kirA_-_ »»
Mar 14, 4:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.