Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 16, 2011 2:24 PM

May 2010
What the hell (unintended pun)? Dumb drama, countless unanswered questions!???

Why the hell did she do a Kamikamiha to that temple? That monk was eating and got blown up!??? What the hell happened to the cousin?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
May 17, 2011 7:42 AM

Apr 2010
Good ending. Hajime faced the truth in his heart.

Also to note for those with poor eyesight, THE MONK WAS NOT KILLED.

He could be seen holding his head and doing the "what am i going to do" dance behind Haijime and his daughter. As someone already mentioned, Enma Ai forgave Sentaro and the temple built in remorse by Sentaro no longer needed to be there.

With her forgiveness, Ai recovered her worthiness to be the Jigoku Shoujo
Jun 5, 2011 1:44 AM
Jul 2010
good ending but one quesiton tho what was the price hajma had to pay to get out
Jun 22, 2011 5:00 AM

Mar 2010
the ending was rather.. stupid
i dont see how its his fault
he didnt know she would die, she betrayed him
i wouldnt take someone like that back either
Jun 22, 2011 5:15 AM

Feb 2011
Ai was a bit... over the top. I wasn't wowed by the ending. It wasn't horrible... I'd say maybe mediocre.
The show was good though.
If you lived in your computer, you'd be home already.
Nov 5, 2011 2:01 AM

May 2009
detectiveyoshi said:
the ending was rather.. stupid
i dont see how its his fault
he didnt know she would die, she betrayed him
i wouldnt take someone like that back either

I was thinking the same thing.

If they want to think of it like that, then you could even say it was his wife's own fault since she cheated on him which is the reason he left her in the first place. Or his bosses fault for having him stake out a location where he'd find his cheating wife. All pretty dumb logic.

I was also kind of surprised when Hajime told Tsugumi to pull the string. Not at the fact that he was feeling regret and telling her to send him to hell, but because he knows that if she did pull it, she too would go to hell when she dies. I thought he'd ask Ai to send him directly to hell and spare Tsugumi or something.

Anyways, kind of a meh meh ending. Still, I thought it was pretty good overall. And this isn't the real ending anyways, since there are 2(?) more seasons. It's been a while since I watched a good non-comedy anime :P.

8/10

Latest Review
Kino's Journey
Nov 24, 2011 8:05 AM

Nov 2011
The ending to season one was... decent. I enjoyed the series, but it wasn't like some of the better anime. It felt incomplete, like they got bored and didn't feel like developing the story more for the finish. Ai seemed to just force Tsugumi to pull the string, because she hardly knew her mother, and it was never certain Hajime had sent her to her death like that, because being hit by a car doesn't mean you were murdered or however else you would call it.

All in all, the series was enjoyable, but I can only give this a 7/10
Nov 24, 2011 5:36 PM

Feb 2010
Since I watched this season last, Ai's past makes more sense now. This season seems more slower than the other 2 to me.

7/10
MelbShawDec 10, 2011 8:52 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 16, 2011 10:51 PM

Feb 2010
Airyaxe said:
Since Ai has forgiven Sentarou the temple no longer needed to exist. It was her way of forgiving him.

That's what I was figuring, too
It's not breaking in if the door is unlocked.

Jan 25, 2012 9:11 PM

Jan 2012
aaaah well jigoku, we've made it... 1st half of the series I had my doubts, but if im totally honest with myself the 2nd half you pulled through! Intresting, both made me nearly cry, and also a tad confused..... not sure why she burned the temple but heyho... overall 7.5/10 just because at time I felt like dropping but indeed a unique storyline, and the last few episodes really saved it for me once the questions i had in my had were answered so... yes I will give the 2nd series a go.. but I think i need a break from Ai for a little while ;)
Jan 26, 2012 11:58 AM

Aug 2009
so sad! ;~;
Feb 1, 2012 2:18 PM

Dec 2009
Soo...who were the spider and the old lady? Do we find out in the second season? and Poor monk.
Feb 28, 2012 1:09 AM

Jul 2011
Garfield4th said:
The grandmother while holding Hajime , what was the favor she asked? That is the only thing I can't figure out.

This is pretty much what I was left wondering too. The ending wasn't bad still, but I really would have liked to have gotten some more info on her request, but Hajime is in season 2 according to the staff list, so perhaps it will be solved there.

All in all good show. The first episodes were nice, but then it kind of lulls until the last 3-4, where it picked up rather nicely I thought. 7/10 for me, since the middle of the series I found to be very "dry".

May 7, 2012 2:27 PM

Jun 2011
The final episode was great but still somehow sliiiightly disappointing. Great anime overall, even if the first half was a bit slow-ish. 9/10 overall.

It was easy to predict that Tsugumi wouldn't pull the thread but they still managed to make the episode really touching on that part. I still can't get over my dislike for Hajime though. I have a bit mixed feelings about if it should have ended otherwise or not
Ai's past was so sad too, even the punishment... I think the punishment was too cruel even for what she did...

Airyaxe said:
The reason the temple was built is for Ai and the other girls that were sacrificed.

Since Ai has forgiven Sentarou the temple no longer needed to exist. It was her way of forgiving him.
I think so too. But that's after over 400 years of grievance though, it's so sad =/ Can't begin to imagine how Ai felt in that situation...

Animefanx3 said:
Good ending, one of the best I've seen but I'm wondering, what was the price Hajime had to pay to get out of that place?
But Enma is allowed to be the Hell girl again? I mean the spider wanted to take her to Hell right? So many questions :O
This. I'm guessing they will answer the first question in the 2nd season, or at least I hope so. It might even have a big part in the season's plot, who knows?

As for the 2nd question, I'm a bit confused about the spider & hell thing... I mean, the spider said he's taking Ai back to hell because she wasn't able to keep her emotions in check. Sure, in the end Ai didn't kill Hajime and Tsugumi but that doesn't remove the fact that the spider originally said that Ai's going back to hell because she couldn't control her feelings... So was this somehow forgiven because Ai didn't end up killing them, even though she lost the control of her feelings?
Maybe they'll give an answer to this in the next seasons too... or not.

The spider itself is still a mystery too. Who is he/it really? Is he some kind of god or spirit or something? I hope they'll give answers to this in the next season too.

Zaku_Fan said:
Also to note for those with poor eyesight, THE MONK WAS NOT KILLED
Thanks, I wouldn't have noticed, it showed for such a short time.
Aug 7, 2012 3:32 PM

May 2012
Very intense emotional episode! Must been horrible for the father to see that scene again and especially for Tsugumi to witness what really happened, maybe Ai finally understood but I do wonder what the second season will be like!

This anime was a great and different take on building up a story line, I didn't liked the start of this Anime but how farther up I went with the episode's the better it got!

For me one great Anime 9/10
Aug 16, 2012 11:19 AM

Aug 2010
Pretty good anime, I liked the ending.

overall 8/10
Sep 3, 2012 10:41 PM

Jun 2008
I probably would have dropped the show without something to change the pace from the same formula of the first half. I really loved Hajime and Tsugimi's involvement in this. If they had taken all the good episodes (mostly just the entire last half) and packed them into one 13 episode series, I think this could easily be a 9, but I have to give it an 8 for being too dull and predictable for too long.
Sep 15, 2012 4:36 PM

Apr 2011
Romance for Ai, doesn't fit well for me, but nevertheless, it expanded her character. She destroyed the temple for these possible reasons:
1) kill her feelings.
2) Excepting Sentarou forgiveness.
What puzzle me, is what the granny wanted and who is the spider?

Off to season 2, for me! 9/10 overall
vansonbeeSep 15, 2012 4:39 PM
Sep 27, 2012 1:34 AM

Mar 2012
Can a 7 year old really say those things? Tsugumi's really mature for her age, I guess.

Oh. And I think it's safe to say that Tsugumi's the first person who didn't pull the string. Then again, she didn't ask for a revenge in the first place.

What was Grandma's favor?
"Enma Ai was..." was what?
Nov 28, 2012 7:45 AM

Nov 2012
WOW. what an ending. episodes 21-26 can pretty much be considered the perfect formula for how to finish an anime on an EXTREMELY high note. it's a shame that the rest of the series kind of just meandered everywhere and got lost. solid 7 for the overall series, but definitely a 10 for the last stretch of 6 episodes. still forever repressing episode 20 though (~_~;)
Dec 13, 2012 5:09 PM

Nov 2009
Good ending but some unanswered questions. I suppose a lot of these could be answered in seasons 2 and 3. It has been 2-3 years since the American release of Hell Girl Season 2 and still no PAL release?!!...

Yes the first half of the series got a bit repetitive. All though it was still good to see all the different stories of betrayal and revenge. The second half was much better when they started to delve into Ai's history. Would've liked to have learnt more about her. Such as when she died how exactly did she become the Hell Girl?

Some other unanswered questions are:
What/who is the Spider and what control does he have over Ai?
Is Ai really related to Grandma?
What was Grandma's favor?
Did Ai burn the temple because she forgave Sentarou or because she was still angry? Assuming from what others have said on this topic seems like she forgave him.

Overall I really enjoyed this series and would rate it 8. Lovely artwork and good storyline.
Jun 18, 2013 4:29 PM

Jun 2012
interesting show but I wonder what the grandma's request was maybe that he had to open Ai's eyes and make Ai forgive sentarou in this way Ai could be saved from hell. it was a bit hard for Tsugumi to even witness the dead of her mom and all this other things Ai was a real b*tch there for a moment but still love her.

looking back to all people who are sent to hell only some really deserved it and sometimes it couldn't be avoided any more like people who almost got raped or killed so they had to pull the string as final option.

I can only wonder what would happen if someone repent but maybe we will see this in season 2 so up to season 2.

I learnt this from the show:

1. never make woman angry (only do that if you want to meet the cute Ai :P) honestly they will go crazy and ruin your life maybe even give you a living hell.

facts I noticed:

1. only 1 person didn't pull the string ( excluding Tsugumi ).
2. most people who pulled the string where woman.
3. two man sent a woman to hell by pulling the string (weak dudes).

Airyaxe said:
The reason the temple was built is for Ai and the other girls that were sacrificed.

I don't know if that's it but sounds reasonable and something I can live with.

danmess said:

Oh. And I think it's safe to say that Tsugumi's the first person who didn't pull the string. Then again, she didn't ask for a revenge in the first place.

there was another girl who didn't pull the string a few episodes earlier with that farm.
RobertovkJun 18, 2013 6:12 PM
"When a flat-chested loli hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart"
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."
Jul 2, 2013 1:41 AM
Jan 2011
It's funny how this anime turns the conversation in man vs women. I personally thought the majority of the stories had really childish Torment idea in them. I still love the Series just that I think they could have gone with more brutal stories. I mean "She killed my puppies" is really not the reason I should hate the woman that killed her child for money right? I think the entire idea behind it was that the majority of hatred is born from people not communicating with each other or just not acting to better their situation. I believe that women and men can show both equal passive stupidity.

Ok the burning of the Temple:
Well she did burn the entire village to the ground in her wrath the last time she was there :) I'll say that's forgiveness. Just that I think I saw the monk inside burn as well, I personally thought that was weird. Cause he sad he isn't even a local. But some one hat do die in the Episode I guess.
Bottom line is the "Dad" made a mistake before. He acted on hatred and that cost the life of his wife. But it's not what he really waned, he just could not deal with the situation before. But now he understands, he regrets his decision. There for Ai realize that's what her lover did. He waned to save her but in that moment being in his own Torment he made the wrong choice, but even if he would have tired to save her, he would have been killed as well so that's kind of easier to forgive than a husband acting like a bitch.
So as her lover boy build the Temple for her, I guess this was how she accepted his offering. I still have mixed feelings about the monk being touched alive in there. I think that have to do that to her Monks are nothing but guys that fallow fake gods and rules. A monk was praying at her grave for rain so I can't believe she cares much for them. The majority of the bizarre rituals involving sacrifice do all come from religion believes. Christianity makes no exception there.
Sep 27, 2013 2:31 PM

Aug 2008
Hajime really showed himself to be a horrible father in this episode.

Like, it was bad enough how in earlier episodes, he would drag Tsugumi around all over Japan in his quest to figure out how to stop Ai from taking people to hell. She almost got killed by that doll spirit thing, and he still didn't stop.

And in this episode, he's wallowing in his self-pity and asking her to send him to hell knowing that if he dies, she'll be a helpless 7 year old orphan, and that Tsugumi herself will be tormented in hell for all eternity after she dies. I really tried to like Hajime. I really did. But the last episode really cemented my dislike for him.
Nov 5, 2013 8:28 AM

May 2010
By blowing that temple (with the poor monk), was she finally able to forgave Sentarou? Or did she blew that up because it didn't reach her at all and thus unable to forgave him after all? .. Damn. I really felt bad for Ai. Sacrificed and buried alive like that but I can't seem to hate Sen for it.
Anyway, 8/10. Scenes with Ai were way too repetitive but I love the fact that I got to watch different story every episode.
Off to Season 2.

lunarsensitive said:
And in this episode, he's wallowing in his self-pity and asking her to send him to hell knowing that if he dies, she'll be a helpless 7 year old orphan, and that Tsugumi herself will be tormented in hell for all eternity after she dies. I really tried to like Hajime. I really did. But the last episode really cemented my dislike for him.

I think he was clouded with his emotions at that moment and was unable to think logically as to what will be the consequences of his actions. He was tormented by the death of his wife for a very long time and then suddenly had to be confronted by it, I think he deserves a break.

Mar 27, 2014 11:27 PM

May 2011
About the monk, I thought he didn't die since:
1. Monks live in seperate buildings from the temple
2. The explosion occured outside the window which meant that the window was facing the temple which also meant that the monk isn't in the same building
- Her fireball was blue, the explosion was red.
May 4, 2014 8:18 PM

Jun 2011
Eh, so corny, I was cringing for the whole second half. I liked Hajime's development here, Tsugumi's wasn't that great, still okay, but needed some more time to sort out her feelings, it felt a little rushed, and Ai's, honestly, I didn't like her development, it was so sudden, or rather, it happened too fast.
danmess said:
Can a 7 year old really say those things? Tsugumi's really mature for her age, I guess.

One of my problem with the series, kids don't act their age.

lunarsensitive said:

Like, it was bad enough how in earlier episodes, he would drag Tsugumi around all over Japan in his quest to figure out how to stop Ai from taking people to hell. She almost got killed by that doll spirit thing, and he still didn't stop.

Kind of agree with you here. I tried to like him, but I can't. doesn't mean I hate him, just don't like him.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 28, 2014 4:00 PM

Dec 2013
I don't think they could have ended this anime in a better way. Great series.
"Me ni wa me wo, ha ni wa ha wo, aku ni wa aku wo."
Jun 26, 2014 1:49 AM

Jul 2011
I see a lot of people complaining about the first half of the series, but I disagree. I feel like the repetitive formula of those episodes really made an impact on what Ai had to put up with. It was hard for me to swallow just that many sins and stories. Think of what it would have done to Ai, who had to see such heinous acts, day-in and day-out for 400 years? It really puts you in the mindset that mankind is hopeless and revenge is the only solution. In that aspect, it's easier to understand why Ai would suddenly become bloodthirsty for revenge once figuring out that Hajime was part of that bloodline. She had seen probably thousands upon thousands of people all pull that red string, and she was expected not to do the same? On top of that, there were plenty of episodes where there was some moral gray areas and some that were not. The numerous situations really got you thinking "hatred begets hatred" and thus, "is revenge ever justified"? If everyone wants to take revenge, the cycle will continue, and can it ever end if there is no forgiveness? There is a reason Ai and her companions asked each sinner for repentance -- so they could find an answer to that question.

Overall, the show was brilliant. I usually gobble up things like this, so I was surprised this one had passed me by for so long. There were a few times I wasn't drawn into an episode, whether it be the story or the characters, and some episodes felt out of place in terms of flow. However, it highly succeeded in making me "feel" what I was supposed to feel and kept me entertained at the same time. Not perfect, but not too far off, and I look forward to see what the second season has to offer.
Jul 27, 2014 7:06 AM

Jan 2013
Goku's Kamehameha can now kiss Ai's sexy Ki blast ass
Sep 27, 2014 11:04 PM

Feb 2013
Well I wasn't so sure about this series when I first started it, since the first half was a bit repetitive. But the fantastic second half really made up for that.

Hajime's confession actually made me tear up a bit, what a great scene >_<.

Oh and I knew that damn spider was the one in charge, I wonder what roll he will play in the coming seasons. Is he just gonna let Ai get away with disobeying him?

Also as others have mentioned I wonder what that favor is the grandmother asked of Hajime. I guess that's another thing that we'll find out in the next two seasons.

But yeah, really good series. I'm looking forward to watching season 2 :D

8/10
Oct 4, 2014 11:35 PM

Nov 2013
It wouldn't be Jigoku Shoujo without Hajime getting in the way of everything! DAMMIT I WANTED THAT MOTHERFUCKER TO DIE SO BAD! Oh well. Kinda wish we found out how Tsugumi could see what Ai sees or what's the purpose of the spider. I wonder how that sneaky bastard Hajime got into Tsugumi's thoughts? The ending was decent. Not bad though nothing amazing.

Nov 29, 2014 1:24 PM

Dec 2012
Ever since Hajime and Tsugumi's falling out over Jigoku Shoujo's intentions around episode 21, I had the feeling that Tsugumi might get her own doll at some point. Of course, it definitely didn't happen the way I suspected and the way Enma kept tormenting her was unexpected. She wanted to be rid of Sentarou and what better way than to send the last remaining descendants to hell? The resolution felt a bit forced and it's like "ok I've seen this all before." Also I have to wonder why Hajime told her to pull the string - that would cause Tsugumi far more suffering. Looks like Enma has burned away her past and the cycle will continue on now which I presume takes form in the sequels.

Well at the end of it all, Jigoku Shoujo has left me with a wide range of mixed opinions towards it. To start off with what I enjoyed, I'll say that despite the repetitive nature of the episodes, it really brought some interesting and thought provoking ideas of revenge, suffering, and justice to light. I didn't have any problem with the episodic format of the show when it was mixing things up and bringing different takes on the theme of revenge to the table and what Hell Correspondence meant to all of these various characters.

On the other hand, I feel as though Jigoku Shoujo wasn't able to handle the dark, suspenseful atmosphere it was going after very well. Most of the villains in each episode felt cheaply exaggerated in order to constantly invoke the idea that "this person deserves to go to hell!" from the audience. It rarely dealt with the grey areas and felt more humorous than horrifying.

The other major problem area I had with JS is the copy & paste, formulaic format of the red string pulling scenarios. After looking back at the show, there were really only 3 of them that made me stop and heavily reflect on what happened. Most notably the one with the student and teacher who are both depressed and make their way to hell together to escape the world is my favorite. Otherwise it was a godsend whenever the episodes actually did something different, particularly the later portion of the show that explored Tsugumi and Enma's connection.

Overall Jigoku Shoujo felt like a steady jog that would spike into a full sprint for 30 seconds every 5 minutes before settling back to its usual pace.

6.5/10, I can't determine if I want to view it as a mediocre show that had its share of good moments or a good show that suffered from too much wasted time and potential.
Jan 27, 2015 3:24 AM

Aug 2010
Well, I made it. It took me one and a half year, but I've completed the first season. These last few episodes were pretty nice, but they didn't even begin to make up for all the frustration from the beginning and the middle of the season. Build-up and pay-off are finely balanced and this show really messed up big time on it. 4/10.
Feb 16, 2015 5:36 AM

Jan 2014
Nice ending,I enjoyed this series.
May 30, 2015 7:08 PM

Oct 2012
LOL the monk died so unexpectedly I burst out laughing. Is that bad? XD
Jun 16, 2015 2:01 PM

Aug 2013
It would be much better without 1/2 of those nonsense stories like girl with dogs etc (12-13 episodes instead 26). Liked that one with doll (in old sanatorium/hospital), that one with nurse, and few other, but much of episodes without main storyline were dumb.
Anyway, 8/10 for great last episodes.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jun 18, 2015 9:24 AM

May 2011
RIP, GUY WHO WAS EATING DINNER GOT IMMOLATED RANDOMLY

^that aside, let us rationalise here: this episode was not as great as I expected, but I have to give qualms for making a smooth path to a sequel, by leaving the ample gaps opened to be narrated upon later.

For the first time, this anime decided to take upon a huge twist - it is Jigoku Shoujo: Enma Ai, the one who is actually desiring to "pull the string". In the end, it was revealed in the previous episode that she was once a human who endured betrayal, and took upon great revenge. While the recurring theme may have been "vengeance", the truth behind that actually pulls off a greater picture - that of the human nature: the raw, insecure, reckless, callous, and pure depravity in us.

Sometimes we say that the "revenges" are worth it. Sometimes they make us think otherwise. For more than half the anime, Jigoku Shoujo actually imposed the question again and again upon us, as if they are all "stand-alone" episodes. It may not have been clear until then, but this finale to the series made it clear to every single viewer out there - there are just simply two sides to each coin. Even Jigoku Shoujo herself, has to question upon that against her returning emotions in this episode.

However, I would have to question the message that is brought across in this episode. It was superb, so to say, but that message, which could have been effectively powerful,was brought to its end half-assedly. All we get too see up to 20 minutes was so good: until that decision of hers to 'nuke' the temple. While this may provide a path to sequels - I do not find it necessary for her to destroy her past and give up on her vengeance, as this clearly will bring upon a vicious cycle had she been forced to recollect them again.

Enma Ai hence left many questions of her identity and personal emotions unanswered. The rather unconvincing end justifies my angst for such, and I would definitely need more room for expansion in this aspect for the two sequels to come. Unless one can persuade me that she has got over her vengeance, I shall not find this episode a convincing finale, although a clear path to a sequel. (Two, in fact.)

Clearly, the Shibata duo is the most interesting aspect of this episode, and possibly for the entire series. Technically serving as the moral compasses and anchors to the series of "revenges" about to take place, they provide a commentary on the various incidents of hatred and grievances, and make us viewers question if they really are worth it. While it may have been an entertaining watch to look at comments around "flaming" and arguing on whether the father or the daughter is correct and the worthiness of the different revenges; one can see, the human concept of morality, which is indeed, in my opinion, the main message Jigoku Shoujo is trying to bring across.

If an anime can even convince her viewers on their moral identities, I would argue to explain why this anime is a good watch. The "stand-alones" may have turned some off initially, but the tension built slowly and steadily will definitely be worth it, by the time the anime reaches the question which we are dying for the answer.

4/5
grayrebornnhyJun 18, 2015 9:43 AM
"If you reject me, I'll blast a hole in you!" Kanzaki H. Aria
Just kidding.

Jun 19, 2015 2:28 PM

Dec 2014
Ai just murdered a man casually watching TV in a temple. That ki-blast was still badass tho
Jul 2, 2015 11:24 PM

Aug 2012
lunarsensitive said:

well, l dont disagree with you, l think that a explanation for this behavior from hajime is that he had only tsugumi as family and couldnt let a 7 year girl alone at home, so he had no choice than bringing her with him everywhere he goes.

tsugumi being uncertain about pulling the string in the last scenes was a bit weird, l mean she lived all her life with her beloved dad and suddenly because of that car accident that clearly wasnt his direct fault, she was able to send hajime to hell? what kind of relationship between father and daughter is that?

My point of view on these takes.... in the table scene where enma ai was tempting tsugumi to pull the string and tsugumi was with empty eyes and willing to pull them, she was being mentaly controlled by enma, thats why hajime enters the room asking what she was trying to force tsugumi to do, without this, it doesnt make sense to convice her to be against her dad for such a dumb motive.

also hajime telling her to pull the string was very unexpected, because her soul should also be condenmed

there were alot of questions that were left unanswered, like why enma ai let tsugumi had her visions or what was the grandma request....

expecting season 2 doesnt contain only fanservice...
darmianJul 2, 2015 11:38 PM
Dec 13, 2015 4:52 AM

Jan 2012
Hirax said:
Nice ending,I enjoyed this series.

yes, nice she didn't sent her father to hell 7/10 .

Jan 29, 2016 6:56 PM
Dec 2015
It's interesting how well the season develops Ai's character in just three episodes - to be honest, I would've wished for more hints to the past earlier (or possibly dropping down the episode count.) The last episodes are just what I really appreciate in Jigoku Shoujo; both beautiful, tragic and a little bit shady on what's right and what's wrong.

Definitely happy to have finally completed this.
Feb 24, 2016 3:29 PM
Feb 2016
I need help....I get the ending and Stuff...
Just the thing with the farmgirl is kind of open, together with the grandmother and the spider.
But what's realy bugging me is, that after the ending of this episode the subtitles were gone... the three helpers of Ai are saying something and you're seeing all the guys with the cursemarks...
What do they say? Can anybody help me or is it something i'll see in the next season?

i rate it 9/10 because the first 20 episodes just show how bad ai must been feeling over 400 Years...
(sry fur bat inglish ;)
Mar 20, 2016 1:51 PM

Mar 2015
That's interesting way to end it. Though it's kind of meh most of the time, it's still enjoyable. 8/10

I like the psychological take in this anime, even though repetitive, we see bad human actions, Hajime and the hell girl bringing out the worst out of society.

Dec 21, 2016 1:05 PM

Nov 2012
It was really emotional and what I can to say ending story was heartbreaking. Totally watching season 2. :')
Jan 8, 2017 5:36 PM

Sep 2013
Kind of a disappointing episode. I'm still not clear on how Ai escaped Hell to burn down the village in t he first place. Feels like a lot of questions left unanswered. Also, I don't like how Ai became such a jerk at the end.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Mar 22, 2017 8:26 PM

Apr 2009
There's still a season 2 and 3 for that.

Confucius said:
What the hell (unintended pun)? Dumb drama, countless unanswered questions!???

Why the hell did she do a Kamikamiha to that temple? That monk was eating and got blown up!??? What the hell happened to the cousin?

Ai became a bad girl in this episode. Nice show tho.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 19, 2017 3:12 AM

Oct 2015
That was a very good anime with lots of darkness especially from the ones who summon her. The only obstacle was that Shibata now he was annoying meddling character that i hated. I wished he was killed in this season.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

May 3, 2017 10:26 PM

Oct 2015
It was a nice ending. But the fact that they kept on faulting Hajime was annoying. He had to work for a living if you think your husband is not spending time with the family then you should tell him that. I'm sure he'll understand I mean that's what the mouth was created for and her driving into a pole was honestly her own fault for recklessly driving. He worked hard for his family's sake and what does he get? Betrayal, of course it isn't easy to forgive if the one you love is going out with another. Hajime truly wasn't at fault but him not forgiving her was a serious mistake. No matter how big that mistake was you should always learn to forgive 7/10 for me
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

redbuzz - May 8, 2008

69 by kirA_-_ »»
Mar 30, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Predseln - Apr 16, 2009

70 by kirA_-_ »»
Mar 30, 3:23 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Episode 11 Discussion

Moonfrost - Sep 19, 2009

47 by kirA_-_ »»
Mar 29, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Chilli-Kun - Jan 31, 2008

78 by kirA_-_ »»
Mar 29, 10:36 AM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

sugarplumfairy - Oct 2, 2008

91 by kirA_-_ »»
Mar 14, 4:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.