Shangetsu's Comments

Shangetsu's Profile
3925 Comments, Pages (197) « First ... « 138 139 [140] 141 142 » ... Last »
TirosaurusRex | 05-20-09, 6:00 PM
I'll be going to mah bed, ttyl! ^^

TirosaurusRex | 05-20-09, 5:34 PM
octo~ :3

TirosaurusRex | 05-20-09, 12:29 PM
Congratulations! I knew you'd do good :3

Now take part in the club manga lil boy ^^

otakufries | 05-20-09, 10:31 AM
Cool so whats up?
seen anything worth mentioning recently?

otakufries | 05-20-09, 6:09 AM
Thank you for accepting my friend invite
my name's Josh...
but nobody calls me that

TirosaurusRex | 05-20-09, 1:23 AM
Aww :} I wish you the best of luck!

TirosaurusRex | 05-19-09, 5:50 PM
I'm alright, thanks. What about you?

TirosaurusRex | 05-19-09, 5:44 PM
Hi max!

DaBigD | 05-18-09, 10:08 PM
You're comparing Lucky Star with the wrong anime. L*S does NOT have romance or drama factor in it. The anime is solely based on comedy. Romance is important in School Rumble in creating the comedy factor in the anime, and that same romance is what makes up Toradora, going as far to be able to be called as drama. K-ON! is something in the middle as it rarely tries to present us an actual story, but there is (a bit of) development throughout the anime. I guess it's more of those random talks then actual plot progression.

Now, the anime that you should be comparing Lucky Star to are Azumanga Daioh and Minami-ke (preferbably S1.) In both cases there is little to no character developement, no elements of an actual story, but they both prove to be very fun. The comedy aspect is what represents the score of the show, and nothing else. And the high-rated reviews for these shows have 7+ scores for their story, because anything below the average (which appears to be 7, not 5) will recieve an automatic "Not Helpful" from most of the MAL users. Hence, the reason why my score for story is this high.

On a side not, the scoring system rarely works. Giving us 5 criteria and having their overall score does not mean anything. On an action anime, these may be the deciding factor, but in an anime like Lucky Star, the value on "entertainment" should be the score. Why? Because it would be stupid for Lucky Star to have a score of 3 or 4 while it has you constantly laughing for 20 minutes. More so if you're like me and think comedy was the best thing ever found.

Nika-senpai | 05-18-09, 8:35 PM
I know it doesn't have a story, I said it was episodic. :P

I'm guessing we're misunderstanding each other, because I always thought slice of life shows tended to be episodic more often than not. That'd be my bad. :D

I'm not going to contest anything.

It doesn't have a story yes, but I enjoyed it nevertheless. It was just such a chill anime without any plot to worry about. I'm pretty sure the lack plot was intentional rather than due to the writer's inability. :P It was a cute anime with an otaku gimmick that was supposed to be funny and cute. It's not the pinnacle of creation in terms of anime, but it's pretty enjoyable (to me) and I think some people take it waaaay too seriously. Not you in particular, you've seen the discussion so you know what I mean. ^_^

Missytalker | 05-14-09, 6:55 PM
Hey!

PandaPuff | 05-14-09, 3:44 PM
I tell you, once you start it's like "omg i have to see more" lol. At the time, I marathoned 1-75 like in half a week. After that I was bugging out when the new episode will be out!

PandaPuff | 05-14-09, 6:49 AM
Damn straight!

Vhaltz | 05-13-09, 3:25 PM
Thought you'd be able to appretiate this one, check it out =P

Seems like our compatibility dropped quite a bit since last time I visited though ^^'

WolfWar | 05-13-09, 12:57 PM
hope you do well ... good luck
xx

TirosaurusRex | 05-13-09, 9:40 AM
I'm good thanks :) It's a beautiful day~

TirosaurusRex | 05-13-09, 8:10 AM
:) how are you today?

WolfWar | 05-13-09, 3:06 AM
not alot just revision for my final exams :P
x

TirosaurusRex | 05-12-09, 4:52 PM
Gintama? Added to my plan to watch!

Do you have anything against animes about love? I've lately started to recommend Princess Tutu, even though it was ages since I watched it :P

TirosaurusRex | 05-12-09, 4:06 PM
D: I don't like school either. But at least you don't have to go back once you're finished ^^

Pages (197) « First ... « 138 139 [140] 141 142 » ... Last »