Nibchan's Comments

Nibchan's Profile
billmurderface | 03-24-14, 1:30 PM
it was pretty crazy indeed...and done by a crazy person. I recommend staying away from them :P

billmurderface | 03-20-14, 9:26 AM
hahaha well I'm not the best at keeping up either...hence the year between messages :P

I don't mind. back in Sept I had my leg broken and my ACL in my knee torn. the worst though was the severe concussion I had...for a while any type of light or movement or anything like that could give me extreme headaches and nausea. it was awful. thankfully all that is behind me though. so yes, things are def better :P

billmurderface | 03-18-14, 10:39 AM
well if you're not watching anime much, there's not much reason to keep up with it. oh wait...I'm not watching it much, yet I'm here almost every day...hmmmmm, but I'm weird so :P
hmmmm...sth special about reaching 24...I'm thinking...thinking....oh I know!! it's the "2" that's still at the beginning of it ;)

glad things are well...last year was a bit tough for me, but things have turned around quite nicely this year :) thanks for asking! :D

billmurderface | 03-10-14, 12:26 PM
I know I'm a day late, and you're not on for a while...but
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!

btw:
billmurderface said:

billmurderface | 03-18-13, 8:44 AM

hey yeah i noticed most of your last messages were LAST years' bday wishes :P

soooo at least I'm consistent. hope you're well!!! :)

billmurderface | 03-27-13, 6:51 AM
this is the only thing even resembling "social media" i'm involved with...but i'm glad to hear back from you. if i check out that other anime first (though at my current pace, that's unlikely :P) i'll let you know what i think too. ttyl!! :))

billmurderface | 03-18-13, 5:44 AM
hey yeah i noticed most of your last messages were LAST years' bday wishes :P
i'm well it's been quite a year, but it's all for the best, thank you for asking!! :)

and yeah i rewatched Beck to see how the dub was...and i really liked it!! tbh i do like the sub part of the "anime" better, it just makes more sense with the story. b-b-b-but i liked most of the music better on the dub...most except "Spice for Life." i've yet to read a manga, but i would consider that one since i liked the series so much.

if you're looking for sth similar, perhaps this? i can't say how it is or how similar it is bc i haven't seen it myself, but i remember being very intrigued by the previews. awesome to hear from you again!! check in from time to time eh? :)

SuperLotus97 | 03-09-13, 5:11 PM

billmurderface | 03-09-13, 5:09 AM
hey haven't talked to you in a while, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
hope it's a great one for you and that you're doing well!! :)

SuperLotus97 | 03-09-12, 12:49 PM

metamorphius | 12-14-11, 8:12 AM
Good, I'm glad you like them. And no problem, you're welcome.

Well, I hope everything's going fine with school and whatever else you're busy with :)

metamorphius | 12-09-11, 11:39 AM
Hey, Nibchan! Long time, no see.
Here are the cards. Let me know if I messed sth up ^_^'

billmurderface | 10-28-11, 2:27 PM
i'm glad you enjoyed Evangelion so much!! i see you checked out End of Evangelion...7 out of 10 on that one huh? not too bad. the Rebuild movies are excellent though, esp when you get to the second one. omg please do it soon hhaha. i'm excited for you. lemme know when you check it out.

well it could have been worse here, so i just think about that, and the people who are really fucked by this. it was just a ton of extra work for me, i didn't lose everything like some did.
btw didn't know you were from NJ...my whole Mom's side of the family is there..Morris County.

hahaha yeah it was fun, but back to serious life now i guess. i'd say i'm in your ranks since you're more in your 20s than i am.
btw sorry it took me a while to get back to you

billmurderface | 10-11-11, 2:18 PM
evangelion IS awesome!! i'll tell you what my friend told me, when you're done with the series you HAVE to watch End of Evangelion and then the Evangelion rebuild. or have i mentioned this already? i dont know my brain is so scrambled from what's been going on lately @_@.

a year is enough time i think to decide what you wanna do. there's plenty who are closer to grad than that who still have no clue, you'll figure it out and be awesome at whatever you pick i'm sure.

well i don't know if you heard or not, with you being busy, but we had a pretty bad flood here where i'm at about a month ago. home had minor damage, but my work was devastated. we're just now somewhat getting back to normal.
as far as my birthday, it was pretty sweet yeah. my friends threw me a "Congratulations you're still in your 20s" party. it was fun. got tipsy but not out of control and everyone had a good time. rented out space in an apartment building with giant screen and pool tables, bar, full kitchen. you would have enjoyed it i think. normally i'm not one for birthdays, but i'm glad they did it :D

billmurderface | 10-11-11, 12:11 PM
hey yeah thank you!! it's great to hear from you, it's been too long. how have you been? i hope very well

metamorphius | 09-19-11, 3:52 PM
Tnx so much for all those recommendations, I really appreciate it.
I definitely plan to read 20th Century Boys, but I still don't know when cuz for now I already have plenty of manga on my ptr list. Speaking of which, next manga on that list is Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan because it's ranked 1st on MAL (I have to see what kind of manga can occupy that place) plus it's very short.
That short manga you mentioned, Meisou Kuiki seems interesting, I'm gonna have to check it out.

So you like shoujo? I haven't seen/read much of the genre, but a manga (actually manhwa but whatever) I totally loved is Nineteen, Twenty-One

I first have to watch Skip Beat anime, and then perhaps start the manga.
Ow, I just checked the guy from Skip Beat you mentioned, and he DOES resemble my profile pic, especially with that hairstyle of his.

Yeah, Umineko anime is not as good as the VNs but it got me into Uminekoverse, so I can appreciate it for that.

metamorphius | 09-14-11, 3:08 PM
Well, it's not like I hate shounen anime (I'll watch any genre if it's good), I was more referring to popular and neverending shounens and cliches that are almost inevitably present in most shounens (I just can't enjoy 'I'm gonna protect my friends/family/everyone' and deus ex machina power-ups anymore). But then again, I'm not exactly their target audience anyway xD

Oh, I'm cool to talk? <nice> :D

The character is supposed to be Beatrice from Umineko no Naku Koro ni, but it's a fanart so it's nothing like her. Actually, I think it's a male (gender bender is apparently pretty popular with those who make anime fanarts) version of Beatrice. I thought the char looked cool plus I like Umineko VNs so I'm using him? as my profile pic.

I see you've got quite a long manga list so I was wondering if you had any recommendations, preferably finished and not too long manga :)

metamorphius | 09-12-11, 1:18 PM
Well, then I'll be sure to check Y out, thank you for the rec.

I don't have many opportunities to discuss anime in RL. I know only one friend who is into anime, but she's mostly into shounen which is pretty much not my cup of tea. And others mostly don't even know what anime is. So I spend most time looking for interesting anime on the Internet, especially when a new season starts since I'm not really the type to check out every new anime (nor do I have time or patience to do that).

Btw, tnx for adding me :)

metamorphius | 09-09-11, 2:04 AM
Wah, I'm jelly that you have anime clubs, sounds so cool!

Yeah, they're quite formulaic and not very deep. Plus they have side-stories, crossovers etc. so it's hard to keep track of everything, especially cuz I can find them only online, not buy them in stores.
That 'Y' looks like it could be interesting, I might check it out if it's not too long. Is it still ongoing?

@Bill
(I know you're gonna read this)
Stalking me, huh :P But nice to see you agree.

billmurderface | 09-07-11, 8:25 AM
i was just trolling your profile and i must say i agree with meta on Perfect Blue vehemently...it's AWESOME, and so fucked up in the head...i love it!! =D

btw the next ep of Mushishi is one of my faves...hope you likes it :D

metamorphius | 09-04-11, 8:29 PM
I know there are mixed opinions on Perfect Blue, but so are on most Satoshi Kon's works. I can understand why people might dislike it, but I like it, kinda suits my tastes. Paranoia Agent is also somewhat similar.

Yeah, The Walking Dead is pretty good, I've read a couple of volumes, and I intend to read more, but who knows when I'll finally decide to do so (obviously I just cram things on my plan to watch/read/do list >.<).
Ah, yeah, darn it, although it's kind of a phenomenon in Italy and is pretty popular in its surrounding countries, Dylan Dog is almost unknown in English-speaking countries, so I'm afraid you won't be able to find it. IIRC, Dark Horse has released several volumes, but that was long time ago. It's a shame, really, since it's very good, I remember reading once how Umberto Eco said in an interview "I can read the Bible, Homer, or Dylan Dog for several days without being bored." xD I'm surprised that there are no at least scanlators on the net, guess it's not popular enough, though even a movie was released earlier this year (I don't recommend it though; as so many movie adaptations have done before, they've butchered everything =_=)

Oh, I carried away and ended up writing too much about Dylan, forgive me. That's mainly because I used to be (I say 'used to' cuz almost don't read comics nowadays, save for manga sometimes) a big fan and an avid reader of Italian comics and some French/Belgian ones; they are much more up my alley than (mostly) American superhero comics. Admittedly, I have read but a few of 'non-superhero stuff' American comics, but I would like to dig more (preferably finished publishing) quality comic books some times (yeah, meta, just keep piling stuff xD)