Sweetpea's Comments

Sweetpea's Profile
324 Comments, Pages (17) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Pibi123 | 09-30-12, 12:37 PM
thanks for recommandation ! i'll check it :)

Higashi_no_Kaze | 09-29-12, 9:50 PM
Thanks for your recs :)

As a movie Star of Cottonland has been on my radar for a while, but I usually prefer series so it may take me a while to get to it.

Bamboo Blade is noted, been semi-eyeing that for forever, time to give it more priority. Thanks for bringing my attention to it.

As a World Masterpiece Theater series Ie Nako Ko is naturally high on my PTW, but you mentioned the oldness and I can only really enjoy one old series every couple of months. Takarajima will probably be the next one, but Ie Naki Ko has been interesting me for a long while too so I plan on giving it a try before the year ends too.

As for Cardcaptor Sakura - I really hear a lot of praise for it, but everything about it just screams to me that it's absolutely not my type of show. Grade school kids as protagonists, female too, a very girly looking setting, mahou shoujo, a seemingly young target audience. Even if it's supposed to be kinda unconvential for the genre at times, I'm still not really convinced it's for me. Am I wrong?

Anyway, thanks again for the recs!

muntasir123 | 09-23-12, 8:03 AM
Hey I randomly clicked this on mangafox and enjoyed it I think you'll like it theres only like 7 chapters out so far, so tell me if you enjoy it :D

muntasir123 | 09-21-12, 6:17 AM
oh really haha that kinda sucks, if I didnt have any time on my own id snap.

And yeah I can see where your coming from, but im the opposite I usually hate completed series because I have bad experiences with superbly shitty endings. I dont know why this is so haha. I also like the suspense of waiting although I do hate waiting.

muntasir123 | 09-21-12, 5:34 AM
I did party a bit, but im not a fan of getting drunk or anything lolol, but I admit I did have some fun.

The friendly winter is by far my favorite you should read it. Tower of godis nice as well.

muntasir123 | 09-20-12, 6:21 PM
Well to be honest I dont mind living alone at all, I was pretty much living alone for like 3 months in the summer as my parents had to go on a trip back home due to family reasons so I just did whatever, I got pretty beast at cooking as well. I dont really get homesick rather I love it :D

BTW do you read any manhwa the koreanstuff, ive been reading a couple lately and alot of them are actually good

muntasir123 | 09-19-12, 8:04 PM
Well several times yes but its never been anything more than a couple hours a way from where I live, ive moved to Toronto about twice but I end up moving back to Windsor which is where I live now right across from detroit, Canada ftw :D, anyway im in 11th grade :)

muntasir123 | 09-19-12, 7:25 PM
Thanks ill check it out, ive always hated stuff about princes and historical stuff even in movies idk why but I should probably give it a shot, I heard emma was one of the best romance manga ever but its historical so I held it off. Im reading kodomo no Jikan atm its so sweet and funny LOL 23 year old guy and third grader who talks about sex all the time trololol

Ah I hate moving :(, you looking forward to moving? Are you in university/college or still in highschool?

muntasir123 | 09-19-12, 5:43 PM
I see what your saying, we guys are just perverted bastards arent we ^-^, pervertedness aside I think nana was very good as well but it was kind of tragic so it made me sad at times, and I dont like sad stories nevertheless I agree its one of the best.

Have you read mars? Its a pretty serious shojo I think it is good despite it being shojo.

muntasir123 | 09-19-12, 1:20 PM
Agreed, so do you enjoy most shonen romances better than shojo ones?

muntasir123 | 09-17-12, 3:43 PM
Yeah your right, but I think alot more shonen is coming out now, well atleast thats what I see on the update list. Sure romance was always popular but I think when we compare it to stuff like naruto, beezlebub and onepiece etc it never really came to that popularity but now some series are that popular and are pretty much just romances.

muntasir123 | 09-17-12, 2:21 PM
Yeah thats true, but stuff like kimi no iru machi, and good ending cater towards to a mostly male audience tho, no? From what I know of all my friends who read it they are guys my friends that are girls love shojo, stuff like dengeki daisy which I think is alright but crap. Stuff like kimi and good ending is super popular too I mean its in the top 5 on nearly every manga website, and sells like crazy. I think romance is becoming more popular, as every single anime/manga series likes to add touches of romance no matter how small.

muntasir123 | 09-17-12, 1:35 PM
lol :) ive been going like the first thirty pages of rom manga on manga fox and its really hard to find good stuff that isnt shojo, I dont know but as a guy personally I dont really find it appealing when they try to make the guys super hot or valiant, rather normal looking nice guys are good ( kimi ni todoke i suppose) all these shojos pissing me off with innocent girls, im used to the guys chasing after the girl gaah ^-^ lol tried reading skip beat awesome plot but I cant stand how the guys are drawn to be "handsome" I suppose in a sense.

shonen ftw

Allecto | 09-17-12, 4:07 AM
Sounds like we had a very similar time at school, I'm so glad those days are over. Its unfortunate we had such a bad time though. I've also gained a lot more respect that way, but it still bothers me how a lot of people out there are so judgemental of others who are a bit different from the 'norm.'

As a side note, I browse through the recommendations forum a lot and you consistently give very good recommendations, you deserve more thanks :) In fact, I seem to have adopted the mentality of "I'll read what other people say, but I'll definitely look into what Sweatpea recommends. She knows her shit."

muntasir123 | 09-16-12, 7:24 PM
Ive only read around 30 chapters and yeah im liking it so far. Ive actually taken a break for romance stuff im reading cage of eden atm have you read it, I like it its a goodsurvival manga surprisingly popular too.

Californiaa | 09-16-12, 6:40 PM
not my style the visuals is horrible

Allecto | 09-16-12, 4:48 AM
On the "Do you read manga in public?" thread:
Sweetpea said:
If they didn't judge me by what I was reading, they'd judge me for something else. I've given up caring about people that judge me based on my reading preferences. I will read manga anywhere.

You've had that much hostility? D:

NataliaIsMyWaifu | 09-02-12, 11:49 PM
I think you misspplled Macross. Anyway: First off, the movie (Do you remember love?) is really unconventional for an anime film first off. It isn't a recap or compressed telling of the series' event, it's an "actual movie" intended to be played in the theatres on the Macross and the IRL viewer is supposed to pretend to be a crewman or civvie living on the Macross during the series. Really meta when you think about it and a really cool concept.

Also, the movie just has some gorgeous animation. look for the Budweiser Beer can missile one of the animators snuck in one scene.
However, the movie doesn't not replace the series, it's just something different and you'll be missing out 98% of SDF if you only watch the movie. Just go in production order; watch SDF then DYRL then Flashback 2012. One thing I have to tell you is that there are some nasty glitches and odd coloring that I'm sure were not there because of some creative freedom in the TV Series of the First Macross. The First Macross and the Berserk TV Series are two anime that I really liked but don't have the best animation out there let's just say.

NataliaIsMyWaifu | 09-01-12, 5:13 AM
Enjoy...The UC Universe of Gundam is my favorite part of the Gundam franchise. Just so you know, the gap between 0079 and Zeta is covered by 0080 war in the Pocket which is an OVA and 0083 Star Dust memories which is a series.

80 is about the end of the war and 0083 pretty much covers everything leading up to the raise of the Titans.

ZZ takes you a couple years before CCA, double fake under gundam is in between ZZ and CCA and after CCA is Gundam Unicorn, which is a novel, but being made into a series right now. Then F91 and after 91 is Victory and then Ring of Gundam, or G Savior, but G savior isn't considered cannon anymore because of Ring of Gundam.
After Tomino made Victory Gundam, he made Turn A Gundam...which is one of the best Gundam show ever, outside of UC setting of course IMO.

Just listen to the OST of Turn A Gundam:

08th MS Team is closer to VOTOMS than Gundam and takes place during the events of 0079.

Well I do like Gundam...I sometimes prefer Armored Trooper VOTOMS to Gundam
Here's a clip in case you don't know what VOTOMS is:

If you are going to watch VOTOMS, I'd suggest this viewing order:
VOTOMS 1-13
The Last Red Shoulder
VOTOMS 14-52
Big Battle - set during the one-year gap in episode 52.
Red Shoulder Document - prequel to the series, but it's better watched here.
Pailsen Files - set between Red Shoulder Document and the series.
Kakuyaku taru Itan - 32 years after the series.
Alone Again - months after the above.
Phantom Arc - a couple of years after Alone Again I think? Not sure, since I've yet to watch it.

Finder and Case;Irvine you can watch whenever. They're not connected to Chirico's saga. Mellowlink apparently starts a bit before the series, but again, haven't watched it yet, so I'm not sure.
Here's why I sometimes prefer VOTOMS to gundam most of the time:

Unlike Tomino, Takahashi doesn't insert random timeskips or sudden jumps from scene to scene without warning.
Dialogue flows well and there's no pointless trash talking between pilots in mecha battles.
Music is surprisingly noticeable.
Animation is rarely reused.
Mecha design is excellent; for some reason I really liked those buckets, especially the ones that had 3 scopes they could switch between (e.g. Scopedogs).

I really like the mecha anime that Takahashi makes... especially FLAG.
I would say, in terms of maturity...FLAG is up there with stuff like Haibane Renmei, Serial Experiments Lain, Texhnolyze, Kaiba, Tokyo Magnitude 8.0, Ano Hana, Hourou Musuko, Mononoke(The TV Series, not the move) for example.

FLAG is about the nature of war, the power of images, and the lives of people that take those images, and the price that they pay in order to expose the truth and things that people don't want to hear about. I will admit that it has a somewhat flawed premise, somewhat misguided mecha and narration elements; but it doesn't detract from the powerful imagery that is in FLAG.

NataliaIsMyWaifu | 08-31-12, 5:29 PM
...you have never seen a single gundam series?

Pages (17) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »