paean's Comments

paean's Profile
Dunois | 09-08-14, 2:46 PM
I suppose that would help. : )

It's a shame you don't have official titles under the forum avatar. Causes a lot of confusion, I guess.

Dunois | 09-08-14, 2:31 PM
Credibility is what you make of it. It's a stop-gap solution at the very least. : )

I see. But I guess it'd certainly help if you guys were to have some sort of a mark or indicator that you're a mod. Why not something in the forum signature?

Dunois | 09-08-14, 2:16 PM
I'm curious.

Why didn't you guys simply photoshop "Review/Recommendation Moderator" onto your profile pictures the way some users fake titles on MAL?

Like this user:

Dunois | 09-08-14, 11:29 AM
No that's alright! It's always nice to hear from people!

Well I'm glad you got inspired to work. I guess inspiration is everywhere around us. Power to you! : )

You're a review mod aren't you?

subpyro | 08-21-14, 4:53 AM
It's interesting how your review almost doubled (exaggerated) the amount of users that have set a relation to the manga Kieli.

Luna_ | 08-16-14, 11:54 AM
Danke, ich werde mein bestes geben :)

Beomsik | 08-11-14, 1:24 PM
haha thanks for that change! I always love some help :)

cyruz | 08-11-14, 1:05 PM
Ich brauch' eher 'ne Schulter zum anlehnen, wenn's zu viel wird. =D

Dankeschön!

subpyro | 08-10-14, 2:03 PM
I like stealing, but never got around to say "thanks". So, yeah, thanks. I leeched it off you, but you probably already know that.

cyruz | 07-24-14, 2:28 PM
Haha, danke. Ich hatte dafür gar keine Worte gefunden. Dennoch wollte ich irgendwas posten. Echt ein komischer Kauz...

(Ich dachte, ich hätte schonmal einen Freundschaftsanfrage gesendet. Anscheinend war das nicht der Fall. ^^;)

Snakes | 07-24-14, 12:58 PM
best.

paean.

ever.

Snakes | 07-22-14, 12:22 AM
You know what I'm takin' about C;

Snakes | 07-21-14, 4:53 PM
B-Baka.... :3

Snakes | 07-20-14, 2:32 PM
Please PM me on irc to remind me to get back to you about those anime when I wake up. Cheers babe~

subpyro | 07-20-14, 1:54 PM
Then go with your idea, although I wouldn't see the reason why the previous one couldn't do the trick. If the sole reason is getting bored of them, well yeah, I kind of know the feeling. ;)

Cheers, thanks for sharing.

subpyro | 07-20-14, 12:43 PM
No, no, no, no, no. Your previous profile picture was amazing, while this one is just downright scary. Change it back.

bendalln | 07-10-14, 5:08 PM
Hello Paean
It's your Friend nathan
Good Day 2 You

Also I !000% Hope Your Having An Adventure Also I Written The Review Moderators A Story, Also Here It Is, Extra Thank you :)

Take Lots Of Care

lpf | 07-09-14, 7:37 PM
Well, contrary to most reviewers I don't mind the heavy exposition. The long explanations of the magical powers that blend science fiction and fantasy are pretty interesting to me. I just like how credible-sounding they can make their lore sound.

Otherwise, I mainly continued watching hoping for good politics, but in the end politics is just another shabby plot device to further the power fantasy with Onii-sama at its centre. I thought there would be meaningful clashes of ideology between the meritocrats and the egalitarians but the argumentation backing them right-wingers is hollow and, frankly, only works because the egalitarians have an even more pathetic defense. I'm still seeing potential in the political lore but I can't really say I have expectations.

The plot is also terribly set-up in various ways. Like there is a discrimination problem that's at the centre of the first arc but it is really just an arbitrary detail added to further the power fantasy. Like you can see in some of today's universities, the anime's high school has a division between top scorer classes and classes of lesser students who are discriminated against in the school, but I find this absolutely stupid considering they're still students of the top magic school. Another stupid element is that the opponents to the unegalitarian treatment lower students get are motivated by false memories implanted by some guy. Really? Motivated by false memories? Is the opposition to Ayn Rand that empty?

Shabby politics aside, I can enjoy the power fantasy and otaku-pandering for what they are. Or at least, I don't have my moral radar going off at every incest implication like those forum guys. And the magic. Mahouka doesn't have much more to offer, and all things considered it's not that entertaining but it keeps me watching.

vld | 07-09-14, 12:39 PM
nigga you ruined my dreams.

Maffy | 07-06-14, 12:03 PM