Cowabunga's Comments

Cowabunga's Profile
KeiranShikari | Yesterday, 9:25 AM

KeiranShikari | 08-28-14, 1:09 PM
To be honest I don't pay a lot of attention to Spanish football.

Thought we'd have announced Vadis today, guess he might be holding out for some Prem interest, wasn't long ago he almost signed for Everton after all.

KeiranShikari | 08-28-14, 12:15 PM
Both are interested. After his experience at Man Utd I have a feeling he might want to go where he will be loved. Also pretty sure Dortmund would be able to offer him more money than Valencia.

KeiranShikari | 08-28-14, 12:09 PM
Group D might be ok. I hear Kagawa might be on his way back to Dortmund.

Don't care about City and Bayern.

KeiranShikari | 08-28-14, 11:00 AM
None of the groups look very fun. At least I won't feel bad for not watching this year.

KeiranShikari | 08-27-14, 11:03 AM
I remember him, he has got quite the memorable name after all. Best part of his career seems to be the fact that he's seeing the world.

Just noticed that the odds of one of our strikers has moved from 6/1 to evens, he's also been suspiciously injured all season. Guess we can say bye to him then. We'll also need a new forward then, sure is going to be a busy last week.

KeiranShikari | 08-27-14, 10:49 AM
I like Chicharito, shame that the poacher is going out of the game really.

Silly season is certainly not fun for the most part, I wish the transfer window ended a day before the season starts instead of a month in.

I thought this summer would have been far more depressing than it has been, thus far anyway. We've actually just signed up a very highly rated young player from Falkirk. That Vadis Odjidja was spotted at the ground today and will probably be announced tomorrow. We're also supposedly in for some Juventus defender.

KeiranShikari | 08-26-14, 2:52 PM
Madrid will regret it when Hamez flops.

We won our cup game tonight. Played loads of youngsters and started the game with 4 wingers in midfield.

KeiranShikari | 08-26-14, 2:40 PM
They've been going about things the right way since they were reformed as MK Dons. I think this should be the moment where the masses stop their 'Franchise FC' stuff.

I'm sure the 60 million pound goblin will sort them out though.

KeiranShikari | 08-24-14, 3:55 AM

Norwich trying to jump on the Belgian bandwagon again.

KeiranShikari | 08-21-14, 9:29 AM
There was certainly a racism ban.

Racism has been a bit of a hot topic around Norwich in the last couple of seasons. Few fans were banned and there was quite a bit on Twitter. Having one of the few black managers in england and him being terrible explains that though. Then the other week one of our players was abused because a foul on him resulted in sending off.

I think reputation for players and managers is a bit different, would be much harder for a manager to repair his.

KeiranShikari | 08-21-14, 9:13 AM
Not sure, it could have been a work phone which I presume the club have the right to snoop through the records of. It seems the club were just digging for anything to use against him, at the time he was planning to take them to court for £7.5m.

Despite the fact he shouldn't have said some of those things I sure hope the FA don't overdo the punishment. I think they kind of have to though considering that racism, sexism and homophobia are three of the main things they are trying to take out of the game. Pretty ironic that the FA will be handing out punishments for those things yet a convicted rapist can get out of prison and continue his career.

KeiranShikari | 08-19-14, 6:18 AM
Suppose if it works it works. I can't really see a stupidly high one dragging up the price much though.

I do like that clause when the buy out fee is low though. Norwich got a striker that had a 1 in 2 strike rate last year for 3m and another team picked up an older guy with a similar record for 11m.

KeiranShikari | 08-19-14, 6:04 AM
Oh, pretty weird that they'd even bother with one then.

KeiranShikari | 08-19-14, 5:54 AM
Are those clauses a requirement in the pt league? If so I would have thought the'd just put them stupidly high as insurance. I know players in Spain don't really think about those.

lol, Ipswich fans laughing that we've sold Fer. They sold their best player to West Ham not long ag for around £2m, 20% of which went to another club. We might have sold one of our top 3 or 4 players here but we'll have players on our bench that would walk into their side.

KeiranShikari | 08-19-14, 5:29 AM
Is that his release clause? Yeah, I think Sporting would accept a fair amount below that. If this Nani deal does happen it would very much look to me like WC would be going somewhere. I haven't been following too closely but I don't think Arsenal's interest has cooled yet.

KeiranShikari | 08-19-14, 5:21 AM
Sporting will probably be losing William Carvalho as well, not fun for their fans.

Looks like the Fer deal is £8m rising to £10m and then 20% of his next sale. Not bad I suppose.

KeiranShikari | 08-19-14, 5:08 AM
Sporting signing Nani whilst Benfica get Bebe. Ouch. I guess that deal has something to do with Rojo going the other way.

Papers make shit up all the time. My favourite false story was that Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink was set to be our new manager.

Our summer signings have been pretty understated so far. Lafferty and Grabbam for a few million each and then Gary O'Neil on a free. We've also supposedly picked up Carlos Cuellar on a free and Cameron Jerome for about £1.5m, reported to be having their medicals done today.

With the money we've made and the money we are likely to make on Bassong and Becchio I sure hope we shell out for a good right wing back and another left sided winger. For some reason our manager likes our best right back in the middle even though he never seems to head the ball.

KeiranShikari | 08-19-14, 4:43 AM
Maybe your manager just likes having old Brazilian keepers around. Can see why they want rid though, a number 2 keeper shouldn't be one of the higher earners at a club.

We restrained Fer's forward runs and natural game far too much last season, looking forward for seeing what he can do in a side not managed by a pussy bitch.

We aren't doing bad for fees at all, especially for a relegated team;
-Snodgrass 7 - 8m
-Fer 8 - 10m
-Pilkington 2m - CEO says this is his best piece of negotiating he's ever done. Pilks missed 119 days of training last season with 6 different injuries and was into the last year of his contract.