|Member Cards|Why do you love Gray?|Contest [OPEN]|
Gray has a laid back personality, but he will often get serious when the time calls for it. He and Natsu have a (sort-of) friendly rivalry, and can often be seen fighting one another verbally or physically. Lucy believes that they constantly bicker because of the opposing elements that they use in magic.
Gray's most prominent feature is his spiky black-colored hair. He has no separate eye color, his eyes instead being solely the color of his black pupils, and his body is toned and really muscular. His member's stamp is located at the top right part of his chest. Unlike almost all other characters, Gray does not consistently wear the same type of clothes (well when he is wearing some), through is often shown wearing some kind of coat. The coat usually resembles colors associated with ice like white or a dark blue. Gray also wears a necklace that bears a striking resemblence from the Rave stone in Rave Master.
Much of Gray's history is revealed during the Galuna Island arc. Gray was from a village up in the North but the entire village was destroyed by the demon, Deliora and Gray's parents were killed in the incident as well. Lyon and Ur, a powerful ice mage who Siegrain claims could have been one of the Ten Wizard Saints if she were still alive, found Gray alive among the ruins of the destroyed village in the North. Ur took Gray in as her second student and child and taught him and Lyon Ice Make. Gray accepted the training in order to eventually avenge his parents by killing the Deliora. It was also during this training that Gray picked up his unusual habit of undressing in public.
However, due to Gray's obstinacy, he chose to prematurely challenge the Deliora, which lead to Ur's self-sacrifice of using the forbidden spell, Ice Shell in order to encase the Deliora and protect Gray and Lyon. Gray seems to have inherited this similar selfless personality after the incident, which is shown during his two attempts of using the Iced Shell to protect his own comrades.
Rivaling Natsu, Gray is one of most prominent mages seen in the series, having been taught by Ur, a powerful Ice Mage with the potential to be one of the Ten Wizard Saints. Gray has been shown to have expert skill in hand-to-hand combat, easily overwhelming Lyon when the latter angered him. Gray also has shown tremendous endurance during his battles. Gray was stabbed with an Ice Sword, endured being attacked by boiling water, survived Fukurou's stolen fire attacks, and in his battle with Bixlow, Gray endured several dozen energy blasts from Bixlow's dolls and even punched Bixlow in the face afterwards, but passed out a second later earning Bixlow's respect.
Gray's Ice Make
Ice Make (アイスメイク Aisu Meiku): A form of alchemy magic that creates shapes or objects out of ice. In Gray's case, he uses Static ice magic, meaning he can shape his ice into weapons or attacks. Gray is incredibly skilled at this, as he was commended by the Magic Council for creating objects quickly and effortlessly during the battle with Zeref's demon. Gray's skill in Ice Make is skillful enough to completely freeze Juvia when she was in a state of boiling water, as well as freezing an object faster than Sugarboy's Rosa Espada could soften it. For the Fantasia Parade, Gray was able to create a large, beautiful, and intricately designed Ice Castle.
List of Spells Include:
* Freeze: Gray's simplest spell, which allows him to completely freeze objects or anything water based. Gray often uses this ability to freeze someone's head and render them incapable to fight.
* Ice Make: Lance (ランス Ransu): Gray creates ice lances that he shoots toward his enemy, impaling them. Gray first used this against the demon of Lullaby.
* Ice Make: Shield (シールド Shīrudo): Gray creates a large floating flower-like shield in front of him that shields everything behind it. It is revealed in the anime that this is the first Ice Make move he learned. It was first shown being used to defend the Guild Masters' building from being destroyed by an attack from the Lullaby demon.
* Ice Make: Hammer (ハンマー Hanmā): Gray creates a large hammer that floats above his opponent and drops it with great force. Gray first used this against Lyon, but it was blocked.
* Ice Make: Floor (フロア Furoa): Gray simply freezes the floor, which makes anyone in the area slip. Gray first used this against Angelica.
* Ice Make: Arrows: Gray creates a bow, in which he fires multiple ice arrows at his enemy.
* Ice Make: Battle Axe (バトルアックス Batoru Akkusu): Gray creates an axe out of ice for melee combat. Gray first used this against Juvia, but it was ineffective.
* Ice Make: Sword: Gray creates a sword of ice for melee combat.
* Ice Make: Geyser: Freezing the ground in front of him, Gray creates a tower of ice spikes that impales his opponents. Gray first used this to defeat Juvia.
* Ice Make: Cannon: Creating a large hand held cannon, Gray fires a cannonball made of ice to create massive damage to his opponent. Gray first used this to defeat Lyon.
* Ice Make: Prison (プリズン Purizun): Gray creates a large square cage out of ice. Gray first used this to capture Lyon's ice animals.
* Ice Make: Rampart (ランパード Ranpādo): Gray creates a massive wall of ice that can stop his opponents in their tracks, but uses up a lot of magic. Gray first used this against Racer.
* Ice Make: Stairs: Gray makes stairs of ice so he can get to previously unreachable places.
* Unnamed Ice Make Spell: Like Lyon, Gray can create a clone of himself made of ice to use as a decoy from enemies.
* Ice Make: Septuple Combo: Gray rapidly slashes an opponent seven times with lances of ice. Gray first used this to defeat Fukurou.
* Ice Make: Knuckle: Freezing the ground in under his opponent, Gray creates a tower of ice fist that strikes his opponent (anime only).
* Ice Make: Saucer: Gray creates a giant spinning ice disk that he launches at his target cutting through like a buzz-saw (anime only).
* Ice Make: Fishnet: Gray shoots icy wind from his hands to freeze his opponent. (anime only).
* Ice Wall: Similar to Ice Make: Geyser but freeze the opponent instead of impaling them. (anime only).
* Ice Make: Grappling Hook: Gray creates two, four-pointed grappling hooks with chains, that connect with the Ice Make aura around his hands, allowing him to lift himself.
* Ice Make: Death Scythe: Gray creates a giant scythe made out of ice and swings it at his opponent.
* Ice Make: Motorcycle (Presumed name): Gray creates a motorcycle made of ice and rides it, first used to catch up with Sugarboy.
Iced Shell: A forbidden spell, it seals an enemy in a large block of ice made out of the caster's body. This ice is unbreakable even to fire, unless using the spell Moon Drip.
Seven-Chain Gleaming Sword Dance (氷刃・七連舞 Hyoujin Nanarenbu): Seemingly a stronger version of Septuple Combo, Gray rapidly slashes his enemy seven times. It is able to break through armor and critically injure an enemy.
Displaying 5 of 5 topics | See AllClub Discussion
Created: Jan 6, 2010
Club TypeThis is a public club. Anyone can join and invite others to join.