Ranked #421

Magic Kaito

Synonyms: Kaito Kid, Majikku Kaito, Kaitou Kid, Magic Kaitou, Detective Conan Special: Secret Birth of Kaito Kid, Kaitou Kid Tanjou no Himitsu
Japanese: まじっく快斗

Type: Special
Aired: Apr 17, 2010 to Dec 29, 2012
Producers: TMS Entertainment
Source: Unknown
Duration: 23 min. per ep.
Rating: PG-13 - Teens 13 or older
L represents licensing company

May 5, 2013
It's a work of art!

There's a reason why this Ova has a higher rating than the original series. Detective Conan is great but it lacks the flair that only KAITOU KID can do. DC is based on murders and crimes but this OVA is more on the background of our favorite thief. We get to know the makings of KAITOU.

Story 9/10

It's beautiful, it's intriguing and it leaves you laughing or awing. The story of a Thief who hunts down the truth. It's simple but his life is complicated. Just like a roller coaster (watch it and you'll be drawn in)

Art 9/10

It was a great change read more
Apr 30, 2010
This anime special is an excellent addition to the Detective Conan universe. As a fan of Detective Conan, I enjoyed this in-depth look into the workings of Kaito Kid. It really explains, sort of, why he is the way he is and the reasons for him choosing this path. Unfortunately only one episode has been released so I can't say if the story will be as engaging as Detective Conan, but it looks promising.
The artwork is excellent, in my opinion, and the characters are promising if you haven't already read the manga. I feel any Detective Conan fan will really enjoy this expansion should it read more
May 10, 2013
Kaito Kid revolutionized the art of theft. He steals priceless gems in front of the police’s face like a magic show. The police hate him, but the people love him. He is glamorous in his ways of stealing. Brilliant entrance! Brilliant escape! The police aren’t dumb, but they get played like fools by Kaito Kid. Kaito Kid is the magician of the sky. Watch Magic Kaito and see what a great thief is like.