Ranked #4137

Source: Unknown
Duration: 2 hr. 12 min.
Rating: PG-13 - Teens 13 or older
L represents licensing company

Score: 6.741 (scored by 943 users)

Feb 3, 2015
Kamui no Ken, which I saw for the first time in the abridged version entitled "Revenge of the Ninja Warrior" is a historical drama story about a half Ainu, half Japanese boy living in the turbulent period of the Tokugawa era, the Boshin War and early part of the Meiji era. That setting is the backdrop for the story, and it's one of mystery, intrique, betrayal and vengence.

He's framed for the murder of his mother and sister and forced to flee from his village and is taken in by a monk named Tenkai whom gives Jiro the task of training to become a ninja.

The art read more
I found this review Helpful
Jan 25, 2013
Seriousley! they DON´T make longlasting anime movie with effort anymore like this one, and wich is partially based on actual history its one of my oldskool fav. I dont care about the runtime of the movie because it started strong en ended very strong! Charac. animation is not too special, more a bit kiddy, an very good background story historical places and char. development really were put potential in there , and good mix of 80´s synth and 18th century japanese interpetation music. Beautiful anime sketches inbetween the movie is what i really miss of 21 century anime! just because u can see the drawing read more
I found this review Helpful