Ranked #4865

Genres: Drama
Duration: 13 min.
Rating: G - All Ages
L represents licensing company

Score: 6.541 (scored by 778 users)

May 3, 2012
The Old Crocodile is a wonderful parable about nothing. It's a kids story without a moral. It has the inevitable twist, the fairy tale like linear plot with numerical points. It's easily remembered, visually pleasing, has a nice narration, indeed we could hardly ask anything more of it.

A warning to Sudanese viewers, the representation of your countrymen can be perceived as less than flattering, but rest assured this was a most innocent plot device used for an ingenious twist.

As a short narrative animated piece The Old Crocodile is a masterpiece, begetting the true fact that life has no real approachable set of ideals that we read more
I found this review Helpful
Jul 13, 2011
The Old Crocodile feels like an anime version of one of Aesop's fables. However, as the credits rolled, I was struggling to sort out what the moral was supposed to be.

The English voicing is excellent, and Peter Barakan's voice brings to mind narration of Madeline or Curious George from my childhood. This anime short would stand in good stead in that company, with a very similar tone and feel. One is left with the vague idea that they are watching children's PBS broadcasting.

The characters are strange, and as I initially wondered why anyone would create this, as it clearly seems aimed read more
I found this review Helpful