MyAnimeList.net

Ranked #243
Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu Gaiden: Senoku no Hoshi, Senoku no Hikari

Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu Gaiden: Senoku no Hoshi, Senoku no Hikari

Synonyms: Legend of the Galactic Heroes Gaiden: A Hundred Billion Stars, A Hundred Billion Lights, LoGH Gaiden
Japanese: 銀河英雄伝説外伝/千億の星、千億の光

Type: OVA
Aired: Oct 21, 1998 to 2000
Duration: 26 min. per episode
Rating: R+ - Mild Nudity
L represents licensing company

Score: 8.261 (scored by 1927 users)
1 indicates a weighted score
2 based on the top anime page.

My Info

Popular Tags

No tags found
Sep 30, 2009
Beatnik
This is the story of how one young kid has everything taken from him, but vows to take it all back and then some. With the loyal childhood friend Kircheis backing him up, Reinhard Von Musel's rigorous climb to the top of the empire food chain begins in this OVA; a prequel to the 110 episode Legend Of The Galactic Heroes OVA.

The setup, as fans already know, is epic defined. Having had his sister sold to the empire's ruler by his deadbeat dad, Reinhard has vengeance in mind, but coupled with his genius intellect, it’s a vengeance that spans the galaxy, rather than read more
Mar 29, 2011
thisiodfkln
These episodes do not cover the beginning; they are side-stories meant to flesh things out. The main series should probably be seen first. That said, this OVA is in no way ‘filler’. It documents important, often-referenced events in the continuity, and shows a relationship between two friends that really is compelling.

A low-level nobleman’s son can claim he’s going to rule the universe, yet no one will care about the ridiculous dreams of a rebellious youth. For every rank that child rises, however, the possibility grows more and more real. Old aristocrats always talked about Reinhard and Kircheis’ swift rise in rank, some crediting his read more
Aug 7, 2013
FullmetalCowboy
Critic’s Log - Earthdate: August 7, 2013. Review #53: Legend of the Galactic Heroes Gaiden (Season 1).

Well, after reviewing the Main Series, and the three movies. It’s time that I go over the last entry in Legend of the Galactic Heroes. This is going to be my penultimate review of the Legend of the Galactic Heroes franchise. Here’s my review of Legend of the Galactic Heroes Gaiden : One Hundred Billi... Ah, screw it. Here’s my review for Legend of the Galactic Heroes Gaiden (Season 1)

Before I begin, the Prequel series to Legend of the Galactic Heroes is told in short stories. These short stories read more
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices