MyAnimeList.net

Tamala 2010: A Punk Cat in Space

Tamala 2010: A Punk Cat in Space

Type: Movie
Aired: Oct 19, 2002
Producers: None found, add some.
Duration: 1 hr. 30 min.
Rating: R - 17+ (violence & profanity)
L represents licensing company

Score: 6.811 (scored by 749 users)
1 indicates a weighted score
2 based on the top anime page.

My Info

Popular Tags

No tags found
May 1, 2008
kimmiechan
"Tamala - Punk Cat in Space" is quite a trip, and for any who enjoy this genre, I highly recommend this anime.

Story

Tamala is about a pretty little female Cat, Tamala, who sets off from Cat-Earth on a journey to get to her home planet where she was born, Orion. Along the way her spaceship is damaged and she lands on a Planet, where she meets a male cat Named Michelangelo(Though Tamala keeps calling him MoiMoi). The movie basically follows what happens while Tamala is on that planet.

At first the story sounds very simple, and the animation style can trick an individual into read more
Feb 20, 2013
5camp
Tamala is an anime movie from 2002 animated mostly by 2 guys. It’s split between 2D flash animation and CG animation, shot entirely in black and white and all the characters are anthropomorphised animals. The story follows a cat called Tamala, who leaves Cat Earth and visits a rundown shithole planet so she can do whatever the hell she likes, farting about with her new wimpy hipster boyfriend.

The thing to understand about Tamala is that it’s a very artsy fartsy indie film. It’s a struggle to come up with comparisons in anime because it’s so different, but its directing style reminded me a lot of read more
May 29, 2012
EratiK
First review.

Tamala 2010 is pretty much what I would call an experimental movie, likely auto produced. As such, the movie possesses strong points and weak points, which makes it hard to give it an overall mark.

Looking for qualifiers, I first thought of "cyberpunk", but the visual simplicity makes it barely adequate here (compare to Tetsuo), plus the usual cyberpunk questionning of existence also lacks. Tamala nevertheless has a punk attitude, and is akin to a somewhat dreamlike SF black and white Happy Tree Friends (without the gore).

That said, the mix is quite effective, and would probably have been awesome if not for read more
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices