MyAnimeList.net

Ranked #1045
Shonan Junai Gumi!

Shonan Junai Gumi!

Synonyms: Shounan Junai Gumi, Shounan Jun'ai-gumi!, Shonan Junai-gumi!, Pure Love Gang of Shounan, Young GTO
Japanese: 湘南純愛組!

Type: OVA
Aired: Jan 21, 1994 to Jan 24, 1997
Producers: J.C.Staff
Genres: Action, Comedy, School
Duration: 50 min. per episode
Rating: R+ - Mild Nudity
L represents licensing company

Score: 7.661 (scored by 6524 users)
1 indicates a weighted score
2 based on the top anime page.

My Info

Popular Tags

comedy
Feb 20, 2009
BeckMCS
I am a huge fan of the Great Teacher Onizuka manga and anime, so I knew I had to check this show out. Shonan Junai Gumi is actually a prequel to the popular GTO, but not nearly as well known. It is a look into the life of Onizuka and his friend Ryuji back in high school, when they were known as the feared biker duo, Oni-Baku. Filled with action, fighting, and humor, this show is a great way for GTO fans to get a bit more Onizuka, and give those new to the series their first taste of this great character.

Story – 6 – read more
Aug 19, 2012
Shaja
The prequel to Great teacher Onizuka a truly amazing series to precead. I watched GTO first and i know many people will do the same since this title is lesser known. Hopefully i can give you a few reasons to pick up this exciting prequel.

When i picked up Shonan Junai Gumi i was not sure what to expect considering the structure of GTO i had wondered if it would follow a similar pattern or would it be totally original in itself. It turned out to follow a similar yet different structure. Following Onizuka on his various journeys riding motorcycles and beaten up punks.

The humor read more
Nov 24, 2009
VincentLaw
well, obviously this is the prequel to GTO, i got lucky and was able to get it off the net and got a chance to watch it, i think now its pretty difficult to get it. anyway its not as good as GTo, but it's a treat to find out the troubles that Onizuka and his friends get in.

as for story goes, its not the best nor it makes "real" sense, but it was sure enjoyable, partly cuz i am a GTO fan.
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices