Edit Anime Information

Shonan Junai Gumi!

Synonyms: Shounan Junai Gumi, Shounan Jun'ai-gumi!, Shonan Junai-gumi!, Pure Love Gang of Shounan, Young GTO
Japanese: 湘南純愛組!

Type: OVA
Aired: Jan 21, 1994 to Jan 24, 1997
Producers: Japan Home Video
Licensors: None found, add some
Studios: J.C.Staff, Life Work
Source: Manga
Genres: Action, Comedy, School
Duration: 46 min. per ep.
Rating: R+ - Mild Nudity

Popularity: #2026

Ben-Deck
Dec 31, 2015
[b]Shonan Junai Gumi![/b]
The similarities between Shonan Junai Gumi! and Kyou Kara Ore Wa are high, they start in the same way but with different goals from eachother while in KKOW we have our protagonist changing their hair style to start off as delinquents in their new high school, the main leads from Shonan J.G. start the same way but they want to leave the delinquent life behind and start to date girls and loose their virginity but that's not the only similarity, the characters looks identical and have the same personalities, maybe not that much Ryuji but people can say Shonan is a copy of read more
BeckMCS
Feb 20, 2009
I am a huge fan of the Great Teacher Onizuka manga and anime, so I knew I had to check this show out. Shonan Junai Gumi is actually a prequel to the popular GTO, but not nearly as well known. It is a look into the life of Onizuka and his friend Ryuji back in high school, when they were known as the feared biker duo, Oni-Baku. Filled with action, fighting, and humor, this show is a great way for GTO fans to get a bit more Onizuka, and give those new to the series their first taste of this great character.

Story – 6 – read more
ParaParaJMo
Sep 20, 2014
Based on the manga by Fujisawa Tooru, Shounan Junai Gumi, also known as GTO The Early Years in America tells the high school days of Onizuka Eikichi and Danma Ryuji when they were the infamous and (the nearly) invincible duo known as the Onibaku. Initially, the Onibaku leave their school to transfer to a new one in hopes of starting fresh and abandoning their delinquent ways in the ultimate hope of teenage conquest, to get laid. To help in their attempt at reformation, they get part-time jobs at the beach and there they meet two young ladies.

Unfortunately, circumstances make them revert back to their read more
Shaja
Aug 19, 2012
The prequel to Great teacher Onizuka a truly amazing series to precead. I watched GTO first and i know many people will do the same since this title is lesser known. Hopefully i can give you a few reasons to pick up this exciting prequel.

When i picked up Shonan Junai Gumi i was not sure what to expect considering the structure of GTO i had wondered if it would follow a similar pattern or would it be totally original in itself. It turned out to follow a similar yet different structure. Following Onizuka on his various journeys riding motorcycles and beaten up punks.

The humor read more
VincentLaw
Nov 24, 2009
well, obviously this is the prequel to GTO, i got lucky and was able to get it off the net and got a chance to watch it, i think now its pretty difficult to get it. anyway its not as good as GTo, but it's a treat to find out the troubles that Onizuka and his friends get in.

as for story goes, its not the best nor it makes "real" sense, but it was sure enjoyable, partly cuz i am a GTO fan.