Add to My ListAdd to FavoritesEdit Anime InformationBuy @ RightStuf Buy from Amazon Buy from Japan-Best
Synonyms: Choushin Hime Dangaizer 3
Status: Finished Airing
Aired: Oct 8, 1999 to Mar 23, 2001
Duration: 30 min. per episode
Rating: R+ - Mild NudityL represents licensing company
Score: 5.621 (scored by 248 users)
1 indicates a weighted score
2 based on the top anime page.
Popular TagsNo tags found
Jul 16, 2010
- Another series with potential that got ruined because of the short duration. The story is a typical magical girl genre with lots of action and fan service.
- A high school girl and her friends are attacked by a superhuman weird-costumed woman and are rescued by two other superhuman and also weird-costumed women. The girl is actually one of the Dangaizer team, creatures that pilot a mecka and protect the world from destruction.
- The bad-guys want to perform a ritual that will change the world. But in the heat of the battle, the story ends with no conclusion and leaves us hanging to dry. There definitely IS a story somewhere (too many apocryphal references) but it is left incomplete.
ART - SOUND - ENJOYMENT SECTIONS: 8/10
- Although the story is two lines long, the graphics and the battles are awesome.
- In the character figure department, all characters wear EXTREMELY DETAILED superhero/supervillain outfits. I was practically drooling all over them. Few series clothe their characters with such amazing costumes and seeing this is an instant hook of interest… even if it lasts too little.
- In the fan service department, the series is one, big, luscious-women-fighting scene. If you are not drooling because of the costumes, you will be drooling because of all the pretty faces, big breasts and hip-revealing poses. Yum, yum!
- In the battle department, there are non-stop action sequences. There’s hardly any battle strategy or realism involved but at least there is quality on fluent movement and visual effects.
- Voice acting and music themes were nothing much.
CHARACTER SECTION: 2/10
What characters? There is hardly any personality around them, much less a background or purpose in life. There was no time for character development. They may all look very cool but they are just beautiful jewel boxes with nothing inside them.
VALUE SECTION: 3/10
No story, no duration, no conclusion, no characters. And no respect to women, with all this fan service going around. So… NO VALUE! … On second thought, maybe there is some … because of all the fan service…
VERDICT: 5.5 / 10
The accused is found … GUILTY! … For failing to provide us with a complete work.
Lame story and characters with lots of brainless action and fan service? Try Ikki Tousen and Queen’s Blade for size. read more
Nov 7, 2012
The plot itself was lacking some serious substance. This may be partially due to the fact that Dangaizer 3 is a four episode OAV and therefore not given enough time to develop, or it may be due to the fact that the writers tried to cover too much ground without the ample ability to properly clearify what was supposed to be happening. Regardless, because of this huge misfire, the veiwer is left unsure and unconvinced of the actions taking place before them.
As the world nears its end, our three main female leads, try to undermine an evil corporation named Goma, who want nothing more then to use the power of Dangaizer for their own purpose. Does this sound familiar?? Nothing specifically original in the story concept, and certainly constructed poorly enough to warrent a tedious and drawn out watch.
The characters themselves are all very one dimentional. The series does not spend any time on character development and instead expects the viewer to believe what is laid out before them. And what is that?? We are expected to believe that three very beauiful, very young, and very like-minded individuals are mankinds saving grace. That these three women are the only ones that an ancient God-Like mecha has chosen to do his will. Very improbably, but not impossible. However, because of either the poor voice acting or poor script writing, the girls come off as nothing more then attractive, nitwits, who think of nothing more then their next snid remark aimed at each other or one-liners aimed at the enemy.
The art style of Dangaizer is somewhat below standard for the timeframe when it was produced. The late 90's held some epic and groundbreaking styles that paved the way for future series, however, Dangaizer chose to skimp out of some necessary details that could have made up for other lacking areas. The costume designs were original but completely absurd, the backgrounds were very generic and lacking any detail, and even Dangaizer himself looked like any number of mecha's found in far better series.
All this being said, there were a number of things that the series did well. The jesting between the girls seemed real and was well thought out. The fanservice and nudity was not over-the-top and did not feel out of place. And a number of secondary characters lightened the mood with genuenly enjoyable humor.
Comparing the positive points of Dangaizer 3 to the negitive ones, the latter would certainly outweight the former. The odd boob shot and rare snicker don't hold a candle next to the certain lack of plot, ill portrayed female heroines, and sloppy art form. Not worth your time. read more