Ranked #5198

Rating: PG-13 - Teens 13 or older
L represents licensing company

Ranked: #51982

Jul 11, 2013
Pain and pleasure. They are two sensory feelings that are central to the experience of living as a human being. Although they are typically distinct from one another, it is certainly something else when the two feelings merge: something that may seem strange to some, enticing to others, or perhaps strangely enticing to the rest.

Masaaki Yuasa, the acclaimed director of titles such as Mind Game and Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei, drew the idea for the main theme of Kick-Heart from this concept of pain and pleasure. He watched a French man getting tortured, and then amused himself at the thought of what it would be read more
Aug 21, 2014

STORY: 6/10
Kick-Heart is a story about "love", and BECAUSE they chose a love-themed anime,
they had to name the lovers Romeo & Juliet. Was that necessary? No, not at all. It doesn't even affect the story. The actual story is about Maki Romeo, a masochist who likes to take a beating. As soon as he meets a certain woman who can slap.. fast... that can... pleasure Maki, he wants to get beat up by her. That's it. Really. This story is about S&M. They lied to you about the love story part. Boom. This was also for 13+.

ART: 5/10
One read more
Sep 3, 2013
With a total of one episode at approximately 12 minutes long, this show is more than worth the time you will put into it. Do you like professional masked wrestling? Do you like characters with secret identities? Do you like S&M? Well, you should still give this show a try.

This show (or episode I should say) actually manages a plot in its short run-time. I've personally seen shows that can go six episodes without developing anything plot-wise, so seeing a show with an extremely brief story, that still makes itself humorous and interesting, was very refreshing.

The animation quality is good, and it fits read more