Add to My ListAdd to FavoritesEdit Anime InformationBuy @ RightStuf Buy from Amazon Buy from Japan-Best
Japanese: ヘタリア The Beautiful World
Status: Finished Airing
Aired: Jan 25, 2013 to Jun 21, 2013
Duration: 5 min. per episode
Rating: PG-13 - Teens 13 or olderL represents licensing company
Score: 8.181 (scored by 6070 users)
1 indicates a weighted score
2 based on the top anime page.
Popular TagsNo tags found
Jun 6, 2013
The art has improved drastically to the point where some characters are hard to recognize because of how much better they look. The only problem with the art is the backgrounds which are much less detailed than the characters themselves but this is only noticeable sometimes and isn't overall a detrimental flaw.
As always the story in the Hetalia series isn't really that great or really there isn't a coherent plot. The anime centers around charming character interactions and that can be just as enjoyable as a good story sometimes. It is nice though how historical facts are added in, making it a bit of an unconscious learning experience. You are having so much fun while watching that you don't even realize it.
I didn't really notice the background music at all and I probably wouldn't recognize a single tune if you played it separately from the anime. The voice actors in the sub and the dub are both excellent though. Some of the best. All of the countries seem to be perfectly cast.
The best part of the anime and really the point of watching it. All of the personified countries are funny, charming and interesting to watch. The character interactions make this series worth watching.
I loved Hetalia: The Beautiful World. It's really fun to watch and I hope that they make another series because I liked it so much.
I would recommend this series to comedy lovers or history buffs with a good sense of humor. There are a few flaws but it is an overall fun anime to watch, especially when you are feeling down. It's sure to cheer you up.
Mar 5, 2013
I LOVE the new animations! It is very refreshing but not so much that we don't know who the character is! Like France, he went through a HUGE transformation yet we still know it is France.
I also love that they are starting to add more characters like Romania, Mongolia, and General Winter! I also hope to see more countries (like coughcoughTAIWANcoughKOREAcoughcoughMEXICOcough) and I hope to see supporting countries get more screenshots (Seychelles, Turkey, Egypt, India, Hong Kong )!
The story is very exicting because it tells back stories of funny/scary characters such as Russia and Romano. I also hope to see China and how he came to be!!! It also adds to the enjoyment because if the W Academy setting! The characters in school uniforms look very good!
I also love the new episode that came out!(In America there is only six episodes TT^TT) It shows how Romano sees his life at Spain and how he really is a tsundere! ^ ^
I get LOTS of laughs and AWW moments from this and it is very fulfilling despite it being only 5 minutes! Its great to watch during lunch at school since it is so short. I can also watch many episodes and not get any leg cramps! YAAY!!!
Overall, I really enjoy the new season of Hetalia! It has great animation and a very humorous and cute story line and the length of the video is FANTASTIC There are new characters being added ( it doesn't seem rushed) almost every episode! I do love this anime and I hope there will be much, much more to come! read more
Jul 13, 2013
The story to Hetalia isn't exactly a plot as well as the previous seasons, each episode is different from the rest, and random. The series is a comedy, but the comedy is to make you enjoy yourself and have a good time. I do say that the historical facts are lessened a bit, some episodes are just random, others reflect on the nations' past and culture. I give the story a 6/10.
The art development for the nations are much more shining and more similar to different animes, but it does add its own charm. Despite the characters' new shiny appearance, the background isn't as well drawn as the characters. Art doesn't really matter, as long as the plot is good and strong, but still, we wouldn't want an anime with poorly drawn backgrounds right? 8/10
For sound, all I can say is that the ending theme is catchy, and that there is a lot of happiness to it. The only song that I can think of that is pretty nostalgic is the French song, but that's the only song I can think of. 7/10
The best part about Hetalia is the characters, and to say, I agree. The characters have their own unqiue-ness and quirkiness. But since the nations' personality and hobbies are based off of stereotypes, you might get a bit annoyed at first, but you can't help but to agree that the nations are rather unique and different. Italy's cheerfulness, Germany's serious nature, and France's romantic attitude, you can see how different they are. 9/10
Hetalia is full of happinessm though there are times when sadness fills in the room. You enjoy how funny and happy the show is, how the characters interact, and how each epiosde progresses. Hetalia isn't meant to be taken seriously, so all you can do is relax and enjoy its quirkiness! 9/10
Overall, I think Hetalia: The Beautiful World is a nice season added to the series. The art is much better, and the characters are still the same as ever! I recommend this show to anyone who's into history, and just wants some fun! read more
Mar 13, 2013
Jul 19, 2013
Story: Rating- Not Applicable
- Since Hetalia doesn't really follow any plot or have a presentation that has a purpose of following a sequential narrative, it will be only fair to put the story rating into "not applicable".
- The character illustrations and animation are crisper, more detailed and had a lot more differentiation than they got in the past seasons. The background is still a bit dull. However, it's good that it does compliment the main subject and makes good of its purpose of not taking the viewer's attention away from the characters.
- They still make use of the swirl and grunge-like type of textured backgrounds to aid the sudden mood change of a character. In the past, it is observable how it lacked artistry in its design but it's all nice to see that they had put a lot more effort in making them this season.
- In respect to the episodes with scenery, landscapes and architecture in them. It is noticeable that the illustrators still fell flat on these areas. The building awnings, doors and windows still appeared inorganic just like in the past seasons. Anyone familiar with the detailed Mont Saint-Michel would notice how the Hetalia version of it lacked architectural details.
- The voice actors are spot on for their characters and delivers quite great just like they always had. The opening theme is new and still grows a bit tediously annoying as time goes by and it might only make a viewer skip it out.
- It can be heard that there are quite a few new themes thrown in for the characters (like something that sounds like Mozart's Turkish March at one scene where Turkey was shown) but apart from that, they still used almost the same character themes for the most part.
- The new ending theme (Mawaru Chikyuu Rondo) was indeed fun, softer and a bit more balanced-sounding than Marukaite Chikyuu and Hatafutte Parade. However, it doesn't sound as catchy.
- The characters are still funny and in-character as they have ever been. In respect to the real main characters, each of them still holds this strong and noteworthy personality that is unique to them. It is also great to see that France's character got a lot more depth this season than in the past. There were a few new characters that had a debut appearance this season.
- Hetalia: The Beautiful World is still effectively comedic like how its precursors were. It still makes watchers laugh their hearts out loud and as a bonus, it even includes a few more surprising scenes that are fanservice-like (i.e showing of skin etc).
- Overall, it is still an excellent watch for those people who have always enjoyed what Hetalia is— a silly, lighthearted allegory of different cultures, historical trivias and world views that will add a little bit of knowledge in a fun way. It is also recommended for people who appreciates this type of work and to those who are open to see an animation work that is a bit different from the others. However, to those who take a little harmless national and cultural satire a bit too seriously, I will only advise you to pick another title.
Sep 7, 2013
Ok, i've blabbered enough...time to get on with the review~
Story(9/10) So simple. Yet so funny. Hetalia kept it's original story with the World War setting and what not, skipping around here and there. It's not hard to follow. Not original, but interesting if you like comedy. Mature Comedy.
Yes. This is truly a beautiful world! Everyone is just...sexified. Except Australia... I really really love the new art. I can stare at it for hours. It really is a step up from the average art of World Series and Axis Powers. I just...i can go on and on about how it is beautiful...*rants on about how it's beautiful*
Sound(10/10) Still the same. Voice actors did an amazing job, as always. I can't wait for the dub version to come out! And that ending theme...Mawaru Chikyuu Rondo...i don't even...it's.. I must admit. Italy has way better dance moves than i do. Seriously. Although he does look kinda gay while doing it. But oh what the heck Italy is adorable.
Characters(10/10) Oh god the characters. Strongest point. Love them. Still. Although, i still don't like Cuba and Lichtenstein, even though they don't appear in this one.
Germany- Still the same old pessimistic, perfectionist, German Soldier. But let me tell you one thing: Abs. Germany's body is just.... He becomes sexier, hunkier and did i already say sexier? But his character has changed. You can see the way he acts around Italy *wolf whistle*. Although i don't do GerIta or anything like that, Germany totally digs Italy and that kind of makes me jealous of Italy. He gets that hunk to himself.
Italy- Same old lazy, pasta and siesta loving Italian. He has gotten considerably adorable. Like. I don't even. Italy hasn't changed much from my perspective. But who can hate him?
Japan- Actually has life in his eyes now. Remember when Japan had those soulless brown eyes? Not anymore! He's got life and cuteness! He actually has more expressions than Kristen Stewart now! *claps*
England- The Magical, sarcastic, horrible cook is here! England got a new hairdo and is looking fine! Especially when he got into that nurse's outfit. Same old same old England, although he isn't choking France that much anymore. Maybe England finally grew to like the French man who is the defintion of sexy? Oh and England still can't cook.
America- Even though i don't like him that much, i don't hate him. He is hilarious, and has gotten better-looking. And....he has abs?! Maybe America isn't as fat as we thought *strokes fake mustache.* Hmm...
China- Kinda got girly if you ask me...No offense, i still love you China...
France- Defintion of Sexy right hurr. France has gotten considerably sexy. And more screentime to show he isn't a rapist. He actually has feelings, you know?
Russia- HahahahaHWOW! Damn Russia! I didn't like you at first but dayum! You are too cute! Seriously!
Prussia- Let's all take a moment to bask in Prussia's awesomeness...NOT. No, but at first, Prussia was the most annoying little shit in the series. Always saying he is awesome and what not. And then i found myself saying stuff like, "You are not as awesome as Prussia! or I'm so awesome i'm almost at the level of Prussia!" And then...*dun dun dun* I found out i'm related to the Last King of Prussia, Wilhelm II, also the German Emperor back then. Who is also related to Old Man Fritz somehow. So..does that mean...? I don't know why but right then he stuck to me. And..here we are. Writing a kind statement about him. He has gotten better looking in the small screentime he received. And remember that shower scene he had in World Series i think it was? He had a nasty looking body. But now...hwow. Now he has some muscles and good lookin ones too! You have earned my liking, Prussia!
Overall- I greatly enjoyed this. As usual with Hetalia. I was so sad it ended, but the way it ended- German abs- can hold me off until, maybe, just maybe, they will make another series. Or maybe a movie? ;) read more