MyAnimeList.net

Japanese: ブルージェンダー ザ・ウォリアー

Type: Movie
Aired: Nov 20, 2002
Duration: 1 hr. 39 min.
Rating: R - 17+ (violence & profanity)
L represents licensing company

Score: 6.381 (scored by 2858 users)
1 indicates a weighted score
2 based on the top anime page.

My Info

Popular Tags

action adventure drama mecha
Apr 25, 2007
NaughtyCalibur
Blue Gender: The Warrior is a retelling of the Blue Gender series with a few minor (and some major) adjustments. If youre not willing or unable to sit through the entire 26 episodes of Blue Gender but still want to see what its all about then this movie would probably be the way to go, but that does come at a price. The Warrior is what you get when you try to cram a 26 episode series into a hour and a half long movie. A rushed piece of mediocrity that doesnt leave much room for anything other than quick deaths and awkwardly paced character read more
Sep 26, 2009
arme
Blue Gender the Warrior is not as good as Blue Gender. There is only one reason for this difference: Blue Gender The Warrior is a movie that tries to compress in two hours the action from 25 episodes. The storyline is the same from Blue Gender (with some little modifications), but the end is completely different.

I would reccomend this movie only for those who have not seen Blue Gender.
Dec 25, 2012
CarelessNick
This movies has completely slaughtered the series i love which is Blue Gender, it was as if a child has just cropped out bits of the film to the extent you have no idea where they are or how they got there.
The character development which in my books was crap, they just decided to miss out all the struggles the 2 overcame to develop a strong relationship and just smashed all 26 episodes together and went "there you go they love each other, job done."
Personally I would not recommend this to anyone who wanted to watch Blue Gender as they have destroyed the read more
Jun 26, 2011
RogueWatchmen
If your going to watch Blue Gender the movie I recommend taking the time to watch the series instead. The movie is little more than the 26 or so episodes compressed into 90 min. Watching the series first there were some changes to the storyline to make it all fit, but you miss out so much on the story that your left scrathing your head.

One of the biggest issues I had with it was the lack of development between the two main characters, not going to throw in any spoilers but with the level of development and the lever of dedication I guess you can read more
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices