MyAnimeList.net

Producers: PrimeTime
Duration: 23 min. per episode
Rating: PG-13 - Teens 13 or older
L represents licensing company

Score: 7.331 (scored by 5607 users)
Ranked: #19492
Popularity: #2002
1 indicates a weighted score
2 based on the top anime page.

My Info

Popular Tags

No tags found
Jun 29, 2012
ikasama-shoujo
(Edit: LOL I just removed the other comment. I thought it was Fukuyama Jun who voiced Tetsu! LOL It was Fukushima Jun actually! I misread it!And I don't know him OTL)

Oho~ Guess I'll be the first one to review this OVA!! :D

Story: 8/10

Tight Rope is ONE of my MOST FAVE YAOI MANGA by Natsume Isaku. So I was really really happy when I learned that it will have an ANIME VERSION!

I finished watching the 2 episodes and I must say.. it was good. It didn't really disappoint me like those other Yaoi OVAs. And I say it's good because even if you haven't read the read more
Jun 1, 2013
SecretAnimeLover
I haven't read the manga, so I'm reveiwing this only on the Anime.

Story 9/10.

Because it really is a bit diffrent than other voilence/yaoi out there. And the realtionship between the two main characters is sweet.

Art. 9/10

Because when it comes to yaoi. i've seen some horrible art, but Tight-rope is not one of them. I really did enjoy the art.

Sound 8/10

Because the opening song was really nice and the voice actors won't annoy you.

Characters 10/10

They really do make you laugh, and the two main characters go together nicely I think.

Enjoyment 10/10

Even thought it's short, it's really enjoyable.

Overall 9/10

If you debating if you should watch this read more
Jul 12, 2012
pennyiscute
I'll give you the shorts: If you've read the manga then the anime is practically a two episode squeeze of the six chapter volume. They cut out characters, events and a few extra scenes including their 'together scene'. So practically they turned a Yaoi into a Shounen-Ai.
Come on PrimeTime! You didn't cut 'The Tyrant' love scenes out...so why Tight Rope?! :(

Wasn't a total loss though as seeing the characters come alive and hearing their voices was worth it - i especially like Nao's voice actor. And i did have a few heart fluttering scenes as Ryu saves Nao ♥_♥

I would recommend watching the anime read more
Aug 16, 2014
ditzyjess
tight rope is a two episode movie about gangster love. It's very sweet and funny and has the same theme as sekai ichi hatousi. There is some fighting in it and sexual implication but both enhance the story.

I enjoyed the character relationship the best, I'm a romantic at heart and liked how they interacted.

Again my only complaint is how short it is, can certainly see this as a longer series but even in the two they completed a whole story that leaves you with a good feeling.
Jul 11, 2012
Raven_23
That was horrible ! I really love this manga and Natsume Isaku works and I was very happy that Tight Rope will be adapted into anime... but, my expectations were too high. It was more like picture drama than anime. I really not reccomend it for people who are not yaoi fans.
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices